Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
SuzieC
Verified:

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by SuzieC »

Clarence Thomas and Pope Alito would be happy to nullify the 14th Amendment. And also the 20th. Under their newly announced originalist jurisdiction, if the Founding Fathers didn't include it, it is null and void.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:14 pm Pretty darn sure SCOTUS cannot nullify Constitutional Amendments as they are a part of the Constitution, not laws.
Who does the judging of whether they are being violated? Openly nullifying? No. Creative interpretation? Shirley.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
somerset

Post by somerset »

neonzx wrote: Tue May 30, 2023 7:14 pm Pretty darn sure SCOTUS cannot nullify Constitutional Amendments as they are a part of the Constitution, not laws.
If The Constitution was "just a Goddamed piece of paper" to Bush and Cheney, imagine how much less it means to crazy RWNJs like MAGA supporters.

King Donald cares not for your impotent "Supreme Court" or your silly "Constitution." He will reign as he sees fit ;)
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Any matter raised that SCOTUS didn't want to hear would be scheduled for the 2nd of Never.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Um.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I pledge to marry Michelle Pffeifer.

Huh. I guess neither of our pledges mean shit. :bag:
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

No, but SCOTUS has the final say on interpretation, unless the interpretation is abrogated by an amendment.

And the 14th Amendment actually is a testament to that. Dred Scott ultimately was about who is a "citizen." After that decision, and brief interlude from 1861 to 1865 :whistle: , Congress abrogated Dred Scott with the 14th Amendment (which enough states eventually ratified).

But that wasn't enough, as there continued to be challenges to who was a citizen even after the 14th Amendment's ratification. And that question was (essentially) resolved with Wong Kim Ark, which is generally acknowledged to be the bedrock of birthright citizenship.

Normally, a precedent over a hundred years old is considered pretty settled. But this SCOTUS? It isn't so easy to dismiss the notion that this SCOTUS could rule Wong Kim Ark was wrongly decided.

But this bluster about a proposed executive order to change how the executive branch would interpret the 14th Amendment (and Wong Kim Ark) is the exact bluster he said when he was president. And he didn't do it then. It smells like red meat for his base.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I know that, but I'm not sure that they do.

I was trying to use a little hyperbole to make my point that the current SCOTUS seems to have an agenda and the law and Constitution be damned.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

neonzx wrote: Wed May 31, 2023 6:19 pm Um.

https://twitter.com/TheCharlesDowns/sta ... 0499466241
Charles R Downs @TheCharlesDowns

President Trump pledges to hold a massive 250th Birthday Party for America at the Iowa State Fair Grounds. Biden wants to sell out America. Trump wants to celebrate America.

9:41 PM · May 31, 2023
To compensate for the July 4 2019 failed military parade N.Korean style :blackeye:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I want to hear how he's going to pay for it.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

The UK will pay for it, silly. :roll:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:21 am I want to hear how he's going to pay for it.
In 2026? Of course the tax payers! All ordered by an EO from the Most Highest Throne in Washington DC. :twisted:
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:21 am I want to hear how he's going to pay for it.
Well, he pays for nothing anyway so that is not his concern.

This just yet again him tossing out a crazy idea to see the reaction.

Des Moines, IA, which is where the state fairgrounds are located, does not have the infrastructure to support such a hair-brained idea. The airport is too small and there is not sufficient lodging to house "millions" coming from across the country and world to his year-long festival of T**** worship.

And those fair grounds are used for many events during the year -- tfg thinks he is going to be granted some exclusive permit for the better part of a year. :nope: :talktothehand:
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Months of distrust inside Trump legal team led to top lawyer’s departure
Exclusive: Two Trump lawyers considered a ‘murder-suicide pact’ where one would resign if the other was fired

Hugo Lowell in Washington
Thu 1 Jun 2023 10.00 BST

Donald Trump’s legal team for months has weathered deep distrust and interpersonal conflict that could undermine its defense of the former president as the criminal investigation into his handling of classified documents and obstruction of justice at Mar-a-Lago nears its conclusion.

The turmoil inside the legal team only exploded into public view when one of the top lawyers, Tim Parlatore, abruptly resigned two weeks’ ago from the representation citing irreconcilable differences with Trump’s senior adviser and in-house counsel Boris Epshteyn.

But the departure of Parlatore was the culmination of months of simmering tensions that continue to threaten the effectiveness of the legal team at a crucial time – as federal prosecutors weigh criminal charges – in part because the interpersonal conflicts remain largely unresolved.

It also comes as multiple Trump lawyers are embroiled in numerous criminal investigations targeting the former president: Epshteyn was recently interviewed by the special counsel, while Parlatore and Trump lawyer Evan Corcoran testified to the grand jury in the classified documents inquiry.

The turmoil has revolved around hostility among the lawyers on the legal team who have come to distrust each other as well as their hostility directed at Epshteyn, over what they regard as his oversight of the legal work and gatekeeping direct access to the former president.

In one instance, the clashes became so acute that some of the lawyers agreed to a so-called “murder-suicide” pact where if Parlatore got fired, others would resign in solidarity. And as some of the lawyers tried to exclude Epshteyn, they withheld information from co-counsel who they suspected might brief him.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... estigation
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Again.

I’m sorry, but have you met this SCOTUS??
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:36 pm
Again.

All they really have to do is assert that the amendment is unconstitutional according to the holy constitution, and poof, nullified... and for that all they need to claim is that it does against 'American Tradition'
bob

Post by bob »

neeneko wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 6:11 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 3:36 pm
Again.

All they really have to do is assert that the amendment is unconstitutional according to the holy constitution, and poof, nullified... and for that all they need to claim is that it does against 'American Tradition'
All they really have to do is say, "Hey, kids, the majority opinion in Wong Kim Ark was wrong, and the dissent actually was correct. Govern yourselves accordingly!"
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Bet Biden couldn't do any of this. Thankfully.
So...because we know Fox will be all over Biden's stumble tomorrow. Any bets they'll show this as well? :whistle:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Apparently polls are showing that more and more people believe Trump has committed actual crimes. I am hopeful that continues to be true. I think if he's charged in the documents case with something more than obstruction of justice it will have an impact. If it's "just" obstruction of justice I am really afraid that many people have become desensitized to that.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The time, it is ripe.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 8:05 pm
Bet Biden couldn't do any of this. Thankfully.
So...because we know Fox will be all over Biden's stumble tomorrow. Any bets they'll show this as well? :whistle:
Because no former President had stumbled. Forget the fact that Chevy Chase and SNL initially built their Presidential mocking of off Ford's tendency toward clumsiness.
101010 :towel:
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RWNJ-world is now saying, "It's not that he fell, it's that he needed help to get back up." :brickwallsmall:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:09 pm RWNJ-world is now saying, "It's not that he fell, it's that he needed help to get back up." :brickwallsmall:
How did they determine Joe needed help getting back up? Because his protection detail was immediately there helping him? Very inclusive evidence. :roll:

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”