Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Project Veritas - O'Keefe Media Group (OMG) - James Edward O'Keefe III

Dr. Ken

Re: Project Veritas - James Edward O'Keefe III - Banned from Twitter / Suing

Post by Dr. Ken »

The lack of a soul in his eyes is distracting as is the excessive blinking
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
bob

Post by bob »

Daily Progress: Real farm gives 'Oklahoma!' a sense of place behind the music:
“['Oklahoma'] has the ability to bring people together,” Clowdus said of the show, which won a special Pulitzer Prize in 1944 for Rodgers and Hammerstein in their first collaboration. “For three hours, we can set aside our differences and be together.”
:roll:

Says the dude run out of his old theater due to his divisiveness (and other sins) and cast a bunch of culture warriors to own the libs.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

She is pretty good. He's a plank.
Hic sunt dracones
bob

Post by bob »

Suranis wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 3:50 pm She is pretty good.
I presume you mean Julie Trammel, who plays Laurey. Trammel also played Maria in a production of "The Sound of Music" by his company.

Too also:
While in rehearsal [for A Christmas Carol], fellow cast member Julie Trammel, who is now Casting Director at [Brian Clowdus Experiences], made blatantly racist jokes throughout the rehearsal process. She consistently used Deep South Negro dialect to retell Uncle Remus stories and just to be funny. This quickly turned into a favorite pastime between the two of you during rehearsals and breaks. One night, she put a Tar Baby doll in her shirt, "gave birth" to the doll, and proceeded to parade it around for the entirety of rehearsal. You [Clowdus] and my castmates found this very funny. When I brought this to everyone's attention, she cried. You defended her and yourself saying, "I am not a racist" and followed up with "I’m not political but if it makes Gina upset, we’ll just stop."
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Yes I meant the woman on the instagram vid, sorry.
Hic sunt dracones
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 12:13 pm Daily Progress: Real farm gives 'Oklahoma!' a sense of place behind the music:
“['Oklahoma'] has the ability to bring people together,” Clowdus said of the show, which won a special Pulitzer Prize in 1944 for Rodgers and Hammerstein in their first collaboration. “For three hours, we can set aside our differences and be together.”
:roll:

Says the dude run out of his old theater due to his divisiveness (and other sins) and cast a bunch of culture warriors to own the libs.
Who needs a real barn to get that barn feel. After doing Oklahoma we had that barn feeling for the next 2 shows in that old auditorium. Cleaning up after performances of Grease (I never anticipated when I went into teaching high school that I would be spending some nights cleaning up the kids' beer glasses and fake cigs off the floor) I would be cleaning up, and sweeping up straw. The next year it was Music Man with the bridge, the house, the library, and the town center, and more straw to sweep up.

The only reason South Pacific lacked staw is that we did it in the brand new auditorium (occupancy was not granted until 2 weeks before the show so I got to figure out how the lights worked, design the lighting, set all the lighting, and run the show, in less than 2 weeks.. from a few dial dimmers in the old one to 48 dimmers with an ETC board in the new one... fund times).

When they rebuilt the old auditorium into a new band room and band room offices, I wonder if the demo workers were constantly muttering.. WTF is with all the straw. That stuff never seemed to go away.
101010 :towel:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Know about that, Northland :lol: When we did The Rocky Horror Show we had to post signs and enforce NO THROWING OF RICE, the case was slipping and falling. (Rice was used in the wedding scene, we allowed toast, lighters and other non-actor hazardous audience interplay).

O'Keefe has a horrible voice, breathing would help but those soulless eyes and terrible presence are a disaster. He actually was a paid performer in the past? Looking forward to seeing a review (non paid for). Love that show, did my thesis on Oklahoma as the Dividing Line of the American Musical Theatre (the introduction of dance to further the story).
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:01 pmHe actually was a paid performer in the past?
"Paid" might be a bit strong:
orlylicious wrote: Sat May 22, 2021 10:28 pm
Project Veritas wrote:This isn’t O’Keefe’s first rodeo when it comes to stage acting – He was the lead in George Gershwin’s “Crazy for You” in 2002 and starred in, wrote, and produced Project Veritas’ version of the music video, “Oligarchy” earlier this year. He also starred in another music video in 2011 titled, “Landrieu Dance.”
;)

O'Keefe turned 18 in 2002, so presumably that was high school.
Image ImageImage
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:01 pm Know about that, Northland :lol: When we did The Rocky Horror Show we had to post signs and enforce NO THROWING OF RICE, the case was slipping and falling. (Rice was used in the wedding scene, we allowed toast, lighters and other non-actor hazardous audience interplay).

O'Keefe has a horrible voice, breathing would help but those soulless eyes and terrible presence are a disaster. He actually was a paid performer in the past? Looking forward to seeing a review (non paid for). Love that show, did my thesis on Oklahoma as the Dividing Line of the American Musical Theatre (the introduction of dance to further the story).
Even if O'Keefe did paid gigs, it was done by his own organization. I'm pretty sure that won't score points toward getting an Equity Card.

I was never in Oklahoma myself, tough if I was, I really would have wanted Jud (fits my voice) though I am really not big enough for the role. I was the overall director/produce for the small school but had an assistant doing the stage direction. I took care of the overall stuff, and of course, the music (and working out how we would cut down the ballet, don't tell the R&H LIbrary about that). That was one of those shows that the kids just fit their roles so well. The most memorable issue was near the end when Laurey fires Jud. At one point, she shuttered, I shuttered. That moment was really frightening and creepy. I loved it.

Jud was the stage director's son, and apparently, the cheap plastic spring knife I got for the stabbing scene was a wee bit too shiny. Mother almost freaked when she saw it glimmer in the light. At first, she thought it was real.

I guess I should stop the threadjack.
101010 :towel:
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

orlylicious wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:01 pm Know about that, Northland :lol: When we did The Rocky Horror Show we had to post signs and enforce NO THROWING OF RICE, the case was slipping and falling. (Rice was used in the wedding scene, we allowed toast, lighters and other non-actor hazardous audience interplay).

In my youth I might have had loftier stage ambitions, but now the only role I could possibly enjoy, even aspire to, would be Riff-Raff.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Run while tickets remain? You betcha, as far as I can get.

In other "bombshell" news...
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Dr. Ken wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 8:57 am The lack of a soul in his eyes is distracting as is the excessive blinking
I listened. Is it me, or is that performance, singing and acting, awful? People pay to be tortured like that?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:35 pm Run while tickets remain? You betcha, as far as I can get.

https:// twitter.com/EricSpracklen/status/1430309286526205955?s=20
Sounds like a nothingburger.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:54 am
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:35 pm Run while tickets remain? You betcha, as far as I can get.

https:// twitter.com/EricSpracklen/status/1430309286526205955?s=20
Sounds like a nothingburger.
Funny how Veritas “bombshells” inevitably are.

All he can do is generate publicity. And money. He gets a lot of money.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Washington Free Beacon (RW, right?) had this:
Surrey With the Fringe Cast
REVIEW: James O'Keefe gets on his high horse in 'Oklahoma!'
Tim Rice • August 25, 2021 5:15 pm

James O'Keefe isn't used to the spotlight. :shock: The Project Veritas founder, known for his undercover exposés, usually needs anonymity to do his job. That was hardly the case on Saturday, as O'Keefe rode a horse up the hill of Mount Rouge Farm belting the opening bars of "Oh, What A Beautiful Mornin'." For the past few weeks, O'Keefe has traded his hidden camera for a body mic to star in an immersive, outdoor production of Oklahoma!, Rodgers and Hammerstein's classic tale of love and community in a territory on the verge of statehood. It's the latest offering from Brian Clowdus, a veteran director who specializes in "immersive site-specific theater."
An unnatural ability to withstand the heat isn't the only thing uniting the company. The actors and actresses are, for the most part, political outcasts in the theater community. Some are outspokenly pro-Trump, while others are simply wary of the leftward drift of the American theater. But they all lament the increasing politicization of the arts. "The cast just wants to create art and is tired of things being overly political," Clowdus told the Washington Free Beacon. But while the director is quick to say he's not trying to create "conservative theater," he can't help but notice some parallels between Oklahoma! and our present political moment. "It's a show about people who, against all odds, are fighting for their freedom and for what is right," said the director.

Clowdus, who was sporting a "Trump-DeSantis 2024" tank top at Saturday's matinee, is not shy about sharing his political views. But unless you know the cast members' backstories, you'd be hard-pressed to find political commentary in this production. Whatever new spin Clowdus and the cast put on the classic musical is entirely theatrical. Austin Mirsoltani brings both relatability and intensity to Jud, usually portrayed as a brooding, hulking villain. In this production, the farmhand is more a modern loner than a Western dark man, always on the verge of tears or some kind of psychotic break.

O'Keefe is a fine Curly, making up for his occasionally shaky vocals with an earnestness that brings a welcome softness to the cocky character. He plays best when putting the moves on Julie Trammel's Laurey, whether in the lighthearted "Surrey With the Fringe on Top" or the more intimate "People Will Say We're In Love." One of the more veteran actors in the cast, Trammel stands out as the tragicomic farm girl and delivers the most consistently solid performances in this production.

Oklahoma! is playing at Mount Rouge Farm Thursdays to Sundays through September 5.
More yawn: https://freebeacon.com/culture/surrey-w ... inge-cast/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

Wash. Free Beacon wrote:O'Keefe is a fine Curly, making up for his occasionally shaky vocals with an earnestness that brings a welcome softness to the cocky character. He plays best when putting the moves on Julie Trammel's Laurey, whether in the lighthearted "Surrey With the Fringe on Top" or the more intimate "People Will Say We're In Love."
The Free Beacon is a conservative site that, notably, in 2016 hired Fusion GPS to do some "opposition research."
Image ImageImage
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

"It's a show about people who, against all odds, are fighting for their freedom and for what is right," said the director.

What freedom would that be? I thought the background plot line was Oklahoma becoming a State of the Union?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
bob

Post by bob »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Aug 31, 2021 5:50 am What freedom would that be? I thought the background plot line was Oklahoma becoming a State of the Union?
"Oklahoma!" is a classic Western (with songs): the freedom-loving cowboys and the law-and-order farmers (read: carpet-bagging city dwellers) have different values yet learn to peacefully co-exist.

Exhibit A: "The Farmer and the Cowman Should Be Friends":
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

So, essentially it's an unremarkable production, notable only becasue some of the performers are notorious, with a couple of standout performances.

Could be worse I suppose, but could be a lot better for them.
Hic sunt dracones
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Well a silver lining after all....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 11:46 am Well a silver lining after all....
Karma.
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

I hope he wasn't insured.
Image Image Image Image
filly

Post by filly »

Estiveo wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:09 pm I hope he wasn't insured.
He'll say he was and sue an insurance company for denying the claim.

I haven't seen an answer on what state this is allegedly in.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”