Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Post by Frater I*I »

noblepa wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 11:19 pm
northland10 wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:20 pm Public shaming would not be the best choice for her. You have to have shame first.
Furthermore, the Cult of Trump would take a mere public reprimand not as a shameful event, but as a badge of honor. "She must be over the target", or "They're scared to death of her". It would only increase her standing in the circles that she cares about.

It would also increase the grift. She would now need more money for her legal defense fund to fight the tyranny.
And to run for office, if I was her US Rep I'd be looking over my shoulder for her.... :smoking:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Post by Gregg »

keith wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 7:44 pm So, what happens if the complaint is upheld? Does she get a tattoo on her forehead? A GPS tracker on her tablet scrolling finger? A permanent set of letters to add to her name - GIL?
First of all, Texas... Confederate States of America, Ted "Felecia" Cruz, Gregg Abbott and just FFS Texas. Not gonna say Treason is actually legal there but they've tried to secede from a country twice and no one went to jail either time.

At most I'd guess they put her on double secret probation until she kills a few Mexicans, after which she'll be elected Governor.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Mar 08, 2022 9:51 pm Forget :popcorn: this calls for pizza!
Pffft, it's a Hookers and Blow kind of night here in The Welll Armed Bunker Complex!

(Biscuit after the last all night blowout, poor pup can't handle her Pupperoni) :rotflmao:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Sydney Powell's non-profit, Defending the Republic, apparently has been paying for the criminal defense of Oath Keepers charged in the January 6, 2021 intrusion into the Halls of Congress:
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/ke ... rs-defense
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

So it's being trumpeted on Telegram and MAGA news sites that the Squid had a HUGE VICTORY in NY court over Smartmatic. Stuff like

Huge Win For Sidney Powell…

And this headline:

Judge Drops $2.7B Smartmatic Suit Against Sidney Powell

So OK, what's this about? Well, the story under that headline is...
by Jeff Miller March 9, 2022

OPINION: This article contains commentary which may reflect the author's opinion

In New York, a state court ruled on Tuesday that Smartmatic could pursue its $2.7 billion defamation lawsuit alleging that Fox News Network, Rudolph Giuliani, and others falsely claimed that the maker of electronic voting systems had helped rig the 2020 U.S. presidential election in favor of Democrat Joe Biden. New York Supreme Court Justice David Cohen rejected the requests of Rupert Murdoch’s Fox Corporation (FOXA.O), anchor Maria Bartiromo, and former anchor Lou Dobbs for dismissal of Smartmatic’s claims against them. Moreover, Cohen revealed that Smartmatic could pursue some claims against Giuliani, who worked as an attorney for former Republican President Donald Trump. The judge dismissed all claims against former Trump attorney Sidney Powell and Fox host Jeanine Pirro.

According to Smartmatic, the defendants fabricated a story alleging that its technology helped Biden steal the 2020 election from Trump using its technology. It said Fox News did this to boost ratings and to take advantage of Trump supporters while avoiding losing viewers to smaller, right-wing networks Newsmax and One America News. The company said it only provided technology to Los Angeles County, where Biden won. The judge did not rule on the merits, but did find that Fox News may have “turned a blind eye to a litany of outrageous claims about [Smartmatic], unprecedented in the history of American elections, so inherently improbable that it evinced a reckless disregard for the truth.” Cohen said Giuliani’s “barrage” of criticism of Smartmatic, which he said fixed elections in Venezuela and committed “old tricks” on election night, sufficed to let some claims against him go forward.

However, the judge ruled that a supposed misstatement by Pirro was not defamatory and that he did not have jurisdiction over Powell.

Similar litigation is being pursued by Dominion Voting Systems. Its $1.6 billion lawsuit against Fox News was not dismissed in Delaware in December by a judge. According to a statement from Fox News on behalf of the defendants, Smartmatic’s claims are “baseless.” Fox News said it will also file a counter-suit for fees and costs “to prevent the full-blown assault on the First Amendment which stands in stark contrast to the highest tradition of American journalism.” In a statement, Howard Kleinhendler, Powell’s lawyer, said that he is “confident that any subsequent litigation by Smartmatic or others will reach the same result.” Giuliani’s lawyers did not respond immediately. The lawyer for Smartmatic, J. Erik Connolly, claimed that Fox News had caused “catastrophic damage” to his client’s reputation and business. “This lawsuit will help to undo that damage,” he argued. 151136/2021 is the case number in Smartmatic USA Corp et al. v Fox Corp et al, New York State Supreme Court, New York County.
More at http://republicbrief.com/judge-drops-2- ... ey-powell/ but it's more about J6C & stuff.

So that's it. Sidney's HUGE VICTORY!!!! was the judge didn't have jurisdiction over her. :roll: But for the marks, that's good as gold!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Happy birthday to my evil twin sister. :mad:
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Sidney Powell dropped in on Lindell TV tonight to give an update on all the lawsuits against her after representing Trump claiming voting machines were manipulated by Italians and Venezuelans. She also reveals that she was just served papers from the TX State Bar to disbar her.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

How nice of her to share.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Can we now expect a similar action against the TX AG for filing frivolous law suits to cancel election results in other states?

Just asking for a friend...
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

orlylicious wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:11 am So it's being trumpeted on Telegram and MAGA news sites that the Squid had a HUGE VICTORY in NY court over Smartmatic. Stuff like

Huge Win For Sidney Powell…

And this headline:

So OK, what's this about? Well, the story under that headline is...
So, can Smartmatic refile the suit in the state where Squidney resides (Texas, isn't it?). They've done all the groundwork, so it should be a fairly easy thing for them to take all the paperwork and file it in Texas. If she lives in TX, a TX court can't very well say they don't have personal jurisdiction.

Could/would a TX court dismiss the case, saying that they don't have subject matter jurisdiction, since she wasn't in TX when she made the allegedly defamatory statements?
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

noblepa wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 12:56 pm Could/would a TX court dismiss the case, saying that they don't have subject matter jurisdiction, since she wasn't in TX when she made the allegedly defamatory statements?
Short IUTBAL answer: No.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 3:32 am :snippity:
Sidney Powell dropped in on Lindell TV tonight to give an update on all the lawsuits against her after representing Trump claiming voting machines were manipulated by Italians and Venezuelans. She also reveals that she was just served papers from the TX State Bar to disbar her.
:groupdance:

That's two down, how many more to go?

Navarro at least, but are there any others that I can't think of that particularly egregious?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
realist

Post by realist »

RTH10260 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 6:49 am Can we now expect a similar action against the TX AG for filing frivolous law suits to cancel election results in other states?

Just asking for a friend...
Doubt it would matter. He’s been under indictment for years and has operated with impunity as the AGoTX, so …
Image X 4
Image X 32
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Just an FYI, there are some tweets reporting that Powell has been disbarred by Texas. No, not so. As other tweets report, Powell has a hearing on June 22.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

reminds me of our birther friend from days long past taking his life with tictacs :lol:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I do so enjoy the casual brilliance of twitter.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

"It was Mrs White the disbarred lawyer in the outhouse with her own stupidity."
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

video unavailable
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Volkonski wrote: Wed Sep 28, 2022 4:12 pm
Good. Now make her give them all her money.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”