Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Post by raison de arizona »

If she wasn’t such a doorknob, I might feel bad for her. I’d be pretty sad if I lost my KTN. But yeah, people charged with crimes don’t get to keep them. Good.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

A felony indictment is cause for automatic rejection or revocation of TSA KTNs (of which TSA Precheck and Global Entry are parts of).

It's in the fine print Sydney.

So, am I the only one that notices that big time Republican lawyers from Clarence Thomas all the way down to Jenna Ellis don't seem to know much law when you get right down to it? I mean, an Associate Justice of The Supreme Court who has been on that Court for 30 years and change looked America in the eyes and said the Financial Disclosure Form that Circuit Court law clerks have to fill out were too confusing for him to realize the line that literally says "Spouse Income" meant that $600k a billionaire paid her though a PAC should be listed there.

Does that not concern anyone else? Old pervert decides what all the laws actually mean and doesn't know how to fill out a form. He's either lying and corrupt or too damn stupid to be a Judge at a Mayor's Court in Buttfuck, Alabama. :evil:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Gregg wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:12 am So, am I the only one that notices that big time Republican lawyers from Clarence Thomas all the way down to Jenna Ellis don't seem to know much law when you get right down to it?
I am curious as to how much of many complex court opinions and rulings is actually written by the named judge(s) and how much is drafted, checked, discussed and revised by unattributed clerks in the shadows, with either the enthusiasm of youth or the experience of many years behind the scenery.

Given the laziness and dubious intelligence of Republican Supreme Court justices, I assume that very little of their output comes from their own minds and pens.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I’ve always assumed his stuff is penned by the Federalist Society.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Gregg wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:12 am A felony indictment is cause for automatic rejection or revocation of TSA KTNs (of which TSA Precheck and Global Entry are parts of).

It's in the fine print Sydney.

So, am I the only one that notices that big time Republican lawyers from Clarence Thomas all the way down to Jenna Ellis don't seem to know much law when you get right down to it? I mean, an Associate Justice of The Supreme Court who has been on that Court for 30 years and change looked America in the eyes and said the Financial Disclosure Form that Circuit Court law clerks have to fill out were too confusing for him to realize the line that literally says "Spouse Income" meant that $600k a billionaire paid her though a PAC should be listed there.

Does that not concern anyone else? Old pervert decides what all the laws actually mean and doesn't know how to fill out a form. He's either lying and corrupt or too damn stupid to be a Judge at a Mayor's Court in Buttfuck, Alabama. :evil:
I'll go with both.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Really, I was willing to let him try Buttfuck, Alabama.

On a probationary trial, of course.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

🚨 BREAKING 10AM EDT:
🦑 SIDNEY POWELL PLEADS GUILTY IN GEORGIA ELECTION CASE

MISDEMEANOR PLEA DEAL: NO TRIAL
12 MONTHS PROBATION
WILL TESTIFY AS STATE WITNESS

Powell in court now -- Apology letter to citizens of Georgia -- Sidney is accepting conditions read by Fani Willis

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Another rat leaving the good ship Trumptitanic.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:bunny:

https://www.cnn.com/2023/10/19/politics ... index.html
Former Donald Trump attorney Sidney Powell has pleaded guilty in the Georgia election subversion case, one day before her trial was set to start.

Fulton County prosecutors are recommending a sentence of six years probation. Powell will also be required to testify at future trials and write an apology letter to the citizens of Georgia.

As part of her guilty plea, Powell is admitting her role in the January 2021 breach of election systems in rural Coffee County, Georgia. With the help of local GOP officials, a group of Trump supporters accessed and copied information from the county’s election systems in hopes of somehow proving that the election was rigged against Trump.

Her attorneys had vehemently rejected prosecutors’ claims that she orchestrated the Coffee County breach. They’ve said at pretrial hearings that prosecutors are “incorrect” and that “the evidence will show that she was not the driving force behind” the incident.
Was it something in those emails they just *found* in Coffee County?
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Sam the Centipede

Squidney and Cheesy were offered pretty much the same deal (a small fine, write a short essay, a little probation, and testify when required) which Squidney accepted and Cheesy declined.

So do we think Cheesy will continue to risk winning the free holiday with orange jumpsuit, or will he belatedly accept the deal before the trial actually starts?

Ms. Willis and her team would agree, even if the acceptance comes late, wouldn't they? Less expense, less work, no risk of a perverse verdict, and more time to spend hunting down the real brains shitbags behind the plot.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

The Rule of the Kraken has Ended

Fun to see the separation of the grifters from the true believers.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

IANAL, but wouldn't Cheesy not get as good a deal now?
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

I wonder what her terms of probation are because I can see her babbling more election CTs once her court testimonies are fulfilled.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Sam the Centipede

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 11:37 am IANAL, but wouldn't Cheesy not get as good a deal now?
My guess is that the prosecutors gain by killing the need for a full trial that they wouldn't worsen the deal. Perhaps bump up the fine, but why bother? They'd only be doing that for their own gratification, the amounts are trivial, and it might risk Cheesy saying "oh stuff it, if you're not playing ball, neither am I".

Of course, that would not be a rational move from Cheesy, but if these people were rational they wouldn't be in this predicament, they wouldn't have jumped onto a ship doomed to hit rocks. They undoubtedly knew what they were doing was illegal, stupid, and would never benefit them, so not rational.

This situation is not like mob case plea bargains where the first to jump ship by pleading guilty and agreeing to testify against his playmates gets the best deal, then later jumpers get decreasingly generous deals (longer prison sentences, etc.). Those plea bargains can help the prosecutors prove their case by breaking the code of omertà and simplifying the trial for the jury. But these election molesters are all toast and the prosecutors have all the dirt they need.

For the prosecutors, the plea bargains give closure and allow them to get back to their day jobs.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I bet former president Prisoner #P01135809 is calling Ms. Squidney and offering his sympathy. After all, she got in huge trouble and her life is effectively ruined, because she supported Prisoner #P01135809 so much that she went totally overboard.

Oh, wait. She's gonna testify.

Never mind.

He's probably making threats against her on the phone. :boxing:
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 12:13 pm ... if these people were rational they wouldn't be in this predicament, they wouldn't have jumped onto a ship doomed to hit rocks. They undoubtedly knew what they were doing was illegal, stupid, and would never benefit them, so not rational.
I must respectfully disagree. They came damned close to keeping Trump in office and reversing the result of a free and fair American election. The benefit they expected almost came true - jobs and important positions in the second Trump administration. If Trump had been a little smarter and worked a little harder, he might be in the White House today, and I would be in the streets taking action, I should hope.

They thought they'd get a great benefit by hurting the country I love.

What they did can't be blamed on irrationality. What they did was fucking evil.
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
Sam the Centipede

Thanks Foggy, you are better informed than me, so I welcome your disagreement.

I guess it depends on one's view of the rationality or otherwise of Trumpists believing in inevitable success or inevitable failure, or appreciating that it might be a high stakes punt. As you say, it's not irrational if they believed that they would succeed. Stupid, incorrect, treasonous, but not irrational.

You might well be correct that if Trump had been smarter he could have held onto the White House, perhaps he could have manipulated Pence and fellow traveler Republicans better … but a smarter Trump wouldn't be the obnoxious, blundering, nasty Trump who won the adoration of the shitterati.

Digressing a little … I have been surprised and impressed by the relentless actions of prosecutors in going after very powerful people, and for chasing down many of the Jan 6 rioters. If asked at the start, I would have expected some the most egregious and violent rioters to be prosecuted and perhaps some low-level election fiddlers to face the music but the rest? I rather expected an attitude of "this is too difficult, too controversial, too time-consuming, too risky, let's move on" and for the big cheeses to return to their lives unscathed, or perhaps encumbered only be token convictions on minor offenses.

But to see Willis and others chasing down the major actors and kicking their asses, wow, chapeau! Them's some cojones on that lass.
raison de arizona

orlylicious wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:00 am 🚨 BREAKING 10AM EDT:

12 MONTHS PROBATION

Powell in court now -- Apology letter to citizens of Georgia -- Sidney is accepting conditions read by Fani Willis

https://twitter.com/Orly_licious/status ... 6964277720
12 months probation per charge served consecutively, so 6 years probation. Is what AP and other are reporting.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
realist

Post by realist »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 1:18 pm
orlylicious wrote: Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:00 am 🚨 BREAKING 10AM EDT:

12 MONTHS PROBATION

https://twitter.com/Orly_licious/status ... 6964277720
12 months probation per charge served consecutively, so 6 years probation. Is what AP and other are reporting.
And is what the judge said during the hearing.

Image X 4
Image X 32
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

So as it turns out, Judge Willis released the Kraken.

The Squid is probably not very popular with her fellow defendants right now. Oh, well. :popcorn:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

From my sister upon hearing the news:

Headline: Squidly Cops a Plea!
raison de arizona

Question for the lawyers/legal folk, do we get to see her proffer anytime soon? It's already been tendered, according to the judge.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

IANACrL, but I don't think so. I certainly wouldn't expect it to be posted on the public docket.

I think that the government gets to keep the proffer to itself, and save it for impeachment if a witness granted immunity (or a plea) goes off the reservation. I wouldn't think that it needs to be disclosed to other defendants ... but I dunno ... what if there were Brady (potentially exculpating) material in the proffer? I imagine that would have to be disclosed, if it existed. I would also imagine that there might be delicate negotiations between defense counsel to avoid including extraneous material in the proffer precisely to avoid that problem.

Good question.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Can't she just get up now and testify "truthfully" that she doesn't remember anything useful and essentially take her deal and run without actually hurting Trump or anyone else? Or if she pulled a stunt like that, could they revoke her deal and take her to trial?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”