Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Dave from down under

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by Dave from down under »

Good luck convincing anyone with 2 brain cells that they aren't “overwrought, dangerous lunatics”.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:54 pm Good luck convincing anyone with 2 brain cells that they aren't “overwrought, dangerous lunatics”.
Are they objecting to the entire phrase or do they only contest "overwrought" while conceding that they are indeed"dangerous lunatics", as is blindingly obvious?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 12:28 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 10:54 pm Good luck convincing anyone with 2 brain cells that they aren't “overwrought, dangerous lunatics”.
Are they objecting to the entire phrase or do they only contest "overwrought" while conceding that they are indeed"dangerous lunatics", as is blindingly obvious?
The phrase is their own concoction, it doesn't appear in the ruling. To which I say "If the shoe fits..."
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Oh Hooray! Mike Dunford is doing one of his massive unrolls on the Squdney response.

Mike Dunford @questauthority 3h
Good afternoon, election-related disaster tourists -
Let's take a look at the opening brief filed by Sidney Powell and Howard "Hereinafter Klown" Kleinhendler in their appeal of sanctions in Michigan.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

https://www.rawstory.com/sidney-powell- ... pped-down/

Reuters justice reporter Brad Heath tweeted that the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals rejected the brief, saying it didn't comply with a variety of the rules of Appellate Procedure.

The "Kraken" lawyers' appeal of a sanctions order for their failed election-overturning lawsuit is off to a rocky start. The 6th Cir. rejected their brief because it didn't comply with a variety of the court's rules.pic.twitter.com/Dz6A1D888G
— Brad Heath (@Brad Heath) 1644355208
filly

Post by filly »

Read it here
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I'm not a lawya, so maybe I'm misreading the clerk's letter when stripped of the fifty cents words as:

Dear Counsel,
You are a fuckin' moron.
Pull you finger out of your ass, now.
Sincerely yours
A clerk with many better things to do
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 (She's a Taurus)

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

So many lawyers don't read the rules, and even those that do miss SOMETHING! (Speaking from past appellate experience.)

I think the clerks may have form letters numbered to send for all of the mistakes.

"Send him the 16!"
"The 16! Are you sure?"
"Send the goddamn 16!"
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
humblescribe
Verified:

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 (She's a Taurus)

Post by humblescribe »

This is what I do not understand:

If a lawyer screws up with the paperwork, why does the lawyer get backsies or do-overs? And why does the court permit a week or more to correct? I mean, these are lawyers, for crying out loud. I would argue that a licensed attorney is presumed to know the rules and procedures and all that lawyer stuff, or would know how to find out to do the work right the very first time.

I'd have no truck with such sloppy and careless work. I'd just say, "Too bad. You lose."

At the least the time to correct should be 48 hours and any fees that need to be paid should quadruple. And if the second submission fails, then AMF.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
W. Kevin Vicklund

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat

Failing to use the "corrected brief" event will result in a request for correction and could delay the progress of the appeal.
How nice of the clerk to give advice on how to dilate the time it takes to appeal.
bob

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat

Post by bob »

The courts prefer to decide cases on the merits. And also not punish the parties for their lawyers' sins.
Image ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Feb 08, 2022 7:09 pm I'm not a lawya, so maybe I'm misreading the clerk's letter when stripped of the fifty cents words as:

Dear Counsel,
You are a fuckin' moron.
Pull you finger head out of your ass, now.
Sincerely yours
A clerk with many better things to do
FIFY
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Thank you Bob.

I find it ironic that in many complaints, a key locution used by counsel over and over is, "So-and-so knew or should have known thus and such. :biggrin:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

And there are times when that's mercilessly logical. If you knew A, which we can prove, and you knew B, which we can prove, then YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN C, because C was definitely predictable if you knew A and B.

Example: The birthers knew that Obama's father was not a citizen. That was not a secret, in fact it was part of his basic story, the story he wrote an entire book about, called "Dreams From My Father". NOBODY EVER suggested that his father was ever a US citizen. And nobody ever said, "Hey, if his dad wasn't a citizen he can't be a natural born citizen" until AFTER THE ELECTION.

So the birthers should have known that the fake imaginary "born on US soil to two US citizens" rule was FAKE, IMAGINARY, AND STUPID.

:towel:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
tek

Post by tek »

Also
incompetent-irrelevant-and-immaterial2.jpg
incompetent-irrelevant-and-immaterial2.jpg (172.34 KiB) Viewed 2237 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Foggy wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:29 pm And there are times when that's mercilessly logical. If you knew A, which we can prove, and you knew B, which we can prove, then YOU SHOULD HAVE KNOWN C, because C was definitely predictable if you knew A and B.

Example: The birthers knew that Obama's father was not a citizen. That was not a secret, in fact it was part of his basic story, the story he wrote an entire book about, called "Dreams From My Father". NOBODY EVER suggested that his father was ever a US citizen. And nobody ever said, "Hey, if his dad wasn't a citizen he can't be a natural born citizen" until AFTER THE ELECTION.

So the birthers should have known that the fake imaginary "born on US soil to two US citizens" rule was FAKE, IMAGINARY, AND STUPID.

:towel:

How many of them have had fits about how ''anchor babies'' are unfairly US Citizens, but claimed Obama wasn't?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Feb 09, 2022 3:22 pm Thank you Bob.

I find it ironic that in many complaints, a key locution used by counsel over and over is, "So-and-so knew or should have known thus and such. :biggrin:
“Should have known” is usually invoked when the standard is one of reasonableness.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Post by Luke »

Hereinafter Klown and The Squid filed an emergency stay motion on the non-monetary sanctions (bar referrals and CLE). Mike Dunford is going to cover it.

Mike Dunford @questauthority·37m
Good afternoon, aficionados of Litigation disasters, and welcome to today's tour. We're heading back to a familiar destination - the shores of the beached Kraken, to tour two new documents just filed by Squidney and the Pain: Their corrected brief, and an emergency stay motion.

Filing:
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Post by Shizzle Popped »

'Kraken' Lawyer Sidney Powell Says Cops Fired Tear Gas To Force Jan. 6 Rioters Into Capitol
Notorious “Kraken” attorney and a key spreader of lies about the 2020 presidential election Sidney Powell claimed in a fundraising video this week that police fired tear gas toward rioters on Jan. 6, 2021, to drive them into the Capitol.

That’s what she has “heard,” anyway, said Donald Trump’s former campaign attorney, and she’s looking for a handout to further investigate the reports on behalf of the Jan. 6 defendants. (Powell later removed the video from the website of her nonprofit organization Defending the Republic.)

Powell could also use those extra funds for her own mounting legal battles.

Dominion Voting Systems filed a $1.3 billion defamation suit against her over her “wild accusations” that the company rigged the presidential election against Trump. The company has since accused Powell of raiding funds from Defending the Republic to pay her own legal fees.
:snippity:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/sidney-p ... d7cf70c5d1
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:23 pm 'Kraken' Lawyer Sidney Powell Says Cops Fired Tear Gas To Force Jan. 6 Rioters Into Capitol

:snippity:
That's a new one! At least I've never heard that claim before.

The Capitol Police were diabolically clever. They were able to fire the tear gas with not one of the hundreds of smart phones capturing it on video.

Of course, if they are asked, the Capitol Police will deny it, but that merely proves that they did it.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:yeahthat:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Powell's bid to stay non-monetary sanctions in the Michigan case rejected by the Sixth Circuit:
Link to CA6 Kraken Order re stay 2022-02-24

The tea leaves are not looking good for Sidney:
The Attorneys' unsupported speculation that the district court did not exercise its authority in good faith is unfounded, particularly considering the district court's painstaking analysis in support of its sanctions order and its sua sponte recognition that a stay of the monetary portion of the judgment was appropriate.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Squidney better hope there's some e-courses she can take on an instant's notice. Gonna be a long day for her and Team Kraken!
W. Kevin Vicklund

Wonder what happens if they fail to complete their re-education continuing education before end of day tomorrow? :confuzzled:
bob

Post by bob »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 8:39 pm Wonder what happens if they fail to complete their re-education continuing education before end of day tomorrow?
Because there are pissed-off motivated parties, likely at least one of them will run proverbially walk briskly to the court (and appropriate bars) and ask for further sanctions.

Which will result in more proceedings, more orders to show cause, etc. Eventually someone is going to suspend some licenses, which will result in even more proceedings, etc.

Cf.:
Image ImageImage

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”