Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell 🐙 - Born May 1, 1955 - Taurus / Year of the Goat / Sheep

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Squidney Sidney Katherine Powell - Born May 1, 1955

Post by raison de arizona »

Sidney Powell group raised more than $14 million spreading election falsehoods

In the months after President Donald Trump lost the November election, lawyer Sidney Powell raised large sums from donors inspired by her fight to reverse the outcome of the vote. But by April, questions about where the money was going — and how much there was — were helping to sow division between Powell and other leaders of her new nonprofit, Defending the Republic.

On April 9, many members of the staff and board resigned, documents show. Among those who departed after just days on the job was Chief Financial Officer Robert Weaver, who in a memo at the time wrote that he had “no way of knowing the true financial position” of Defending the Republic because some of its bank accounts were off limits even to him.

Records reviewed by The Washington Post show that Defending the Republic raised more than $14 million
, a sum that reveals the reach and resonance of one of the most visible efforts to fundraise using baseless claims about the 2020 election. Previously unreported records also detail acrimony between Powell and her top lieutenants over how the money — now a focus of inquiries by federal prosecutors and Congress — was being handled.

The split has left Powell, who once had Trump’s ear, isolated from other key figures in the election-denier movement. Even so, as head of Defending the Republic, she controlled $9 million as recently as this summer, according to an audited financial statement from the group. The mistrust of U.S. elections that she and her former allies stoked endures. Polls show that one-third of Americans — including a majority of Republicans — believe that Trump lost because of fraud.

Matt Masterson, a former senior U.S. cybersecurity official who tracked 2020 election integrity for the Department of Homeland Security, said Powell’s fundraising success demonstrates one reason so many people continue to spread falsehoods about the 2020 election: It can bring in cash.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/investig ... story.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Squidney’s legal eagles filed their response to the motion to dismiss their counterclaim against Dominion (from Courtlistener):

Response:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 9.58.0.pdf

Memorandum:
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 9.58.2.pdf

Exhibit (a copy of the “preserve documents” letter from Clare Locke :confuzzled: )
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 9.58.3.pdf
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
lunaluz

Post by lunaluz »

And thar she blows...The circus is coming to town....

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I'm taking vacation the day she testifies, and will start popping corn and setting out bourbon for a long and amusing day before the sun rises. It will be more fun than peanut butter, ping pong balls, a cat of nine tails and Asian hookers with long nails and sharp pointy high heels.

To say we are looking forward to this somewhat understates the fact.

:mrgreen:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I suspect that Squidney thinks that this will be another opportunity to spout off her lies.

To some extent, that will be true, but I'm sure that the questioners will be more interested in the efforts made to coordinate the coup attempt on 1/6, than they will be in hearing again, how Dominion, Smartmatic and Cesar Chavez stole the election.
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

I think maybe Squidgey's very tenuous tether to reality has finally slipped its mooring. She'll be doing the Phucker Carlson look not too far in when things start not going the way she fantasized they would.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:45 pm I'm taking vacation the day she testifies, and will start popping corn and setting out bourbon for a long and amusing day before the sun rises. It will be more fun than peanut butter, ping pong balls, a cat of nine tails and Asian hookers with long nails and sharp pointy high heels.

I mean, one could forego the high heels so there could be a trampoline involved, but you do you.

Not that I am speaking from experience or anything.

So you probably shouldn't trust me on the trampoline.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

I am surprised that she has not invoked executive privilege having worked for impotus. And about soilling spilling beans, she is not at a rally to present a speech on The Lie but there to answer questions.

ETA cause tyops
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

All I see in these malign actors like the Squid is an all-consuming desire for power and attention.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Okay, so now I'm making the important rent/buy decision on a trampoline.

:bounce:

filly

Post by filly »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:45 pm I'm taking vacation the day she testifies, and will start popping corn and setting out bourbon for a long and amusing day before the sun rises. It will be more fun than peanut butter, ping pong balls, a cat of nine tails and Asian hookers with long nails and sharp pointy high heels.

I doubt the testimony will be televised.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 12:32 pm Okay, so now I'm making the important rent/buy decision on a trampoline.

:bounce:
Go with buy! "Weiner doggos from the sky" can utilize them for training purposes.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yes, and that makes sense from a tax impact point of view.

humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

noblepa wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:01 pm I suspect that Squidney thinks that this will be another opportunity to spout off her lies.

To some extent, that will be true, but I'm sure that the questioners will be more interested in the efforts made to coordinate the coup attempt on 1/6, than they will be in hearing again, how Dominion, Smartmatic and Cesar Chavez stole the election.
Actually, it is Hugo Chavez, not the beloved (around here anyway) Cesar Chavez. Cesar was the head of the United Farm Workers back in the '60s.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Are you sure it wasn't Chi Chi Gruevera?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:35 pm Are you sure it wasn't Chi Chi Gruevera?
:rotflmao:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Not ChiChi Rodriguez?

(One of my favorite WKRP segments)
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

I'm so glad you posted that! :bighug: It was in my mind as well.

Les Nessman is one of my all time favorite characters on the TV.

Oh, the humanity.....
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

People in Cincinnati who watched that show recognized a lot of real people in radio here in the characters. WLW did Grain and Commodity price reports every day at noon well into at least the 1990s and they guy who did the crop report was pretty much Les Nesman.

Dr. Johnny Fever was very close to the real Frank Wood Jr whose father owned the FM station WEBN that was at the time in a disused house in a seedy part of town. It played mostly classical music and jazz until "Dr. Michael Bo Xanadu" started doing the Jelly Pudding Show.

For years the station did a lot of things to act like it was much bigger than it was. It had several fictional employees that were in fact all Frank Wood, Frank Jr or the daughter Robin who eventually became one of Cincinnati's best know radio people, she had a voice that was liquid sex. They also used to run fake commercials for businesses that didn't exist to fill airtime, which became a running gag that might still go on. Every year on April 1st they used ads and fills from these fake businesses to broadcast the annual Fool's Day Parade, live from "Hyde's Meadow", a parade that didn't actually happen and every year a few people would show up for. In time, the Hyde Park neighborhood did have an actual parade.

Anyhow, WKRP rings real true to people who grew up in Cincinnati.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEBN

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

That makes it even better.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The trampoline is here, ,am I love Amazon.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Pix of wiener dogs on trampos ASAP please!
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 9:11 am People in Cincinnati who watched that show recognized a lot of real people in radio here in the characters. WLW did Grain and Commodity price reports every day at noon well into at least the 1990s and they guy who did the crop report was pretty much Les Nesman.

Dr. Johnny Fever was very close to the real Frank Wood Jr whose father owned the FM station WEBN that was at the time in a disused house in a seedy part of town. It played mostly classical music and jazz until "Dr. Michael Bo Xanadu" started doing the Jelly Pudding Show.

For years the station did a lot of things to act like it was much bigger than it was. It had several fictional employees that were in fact all Frank Wood, Frank Jr or the daughter Robin who eventually became one of Cincinnati's best know radio people, she had a voice that was liquid sex. They also used to run fake commercials for businesses that didn't exist to fill airtime, which became a running gag that might still go on. Every year on April 1st they used ads and fills from these fake businesses to broadcast the annual Fool's Day Parade, live from "Hyde's Meadow", a parade that didn't actually happen and every year a few people would show up for. In time, the Hyde Park neighborhood did have an actual parade.

Anyhow, WKRP rings real true to people who grew up in Cincinnati.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WEBN

Jelly Pudding (and "The Herb Superb") fond memories of my younger daze!
ETA "Dr. Johnny Fever" Caravella in real life AKA Howard Hesseman who in the show came to WKRP after being fired from a LA radio station for saying 'booger' on the air prepped for the role working as a DJ in San Francisco at KMPX-FM.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Adam Klasfeld
@KlasfeldReports
·
2h
Sidney Powell and other “Kraken” lawyers asked an appeals court to reverse a sanctions order referring them for disbarment proceedings.

They say a federal judge portrayed them as “overwrought, dangerous lunatics”—and claim that’s not true. https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/s ... -lunatics/
@lawcrimenews
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”