Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kendra

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

He is just dying to figure out some way to get involved in southern border politics from Florida. Last month he was supposedly sending buses of migrants to Delaware. Never happened.
Jim

Post by Jim »

"Canopy shakers are still an unusual sight in Florida's orange groves. Most of the crop is harvested by hand, mainly by illegal Mexican immigrants. Nylon sacks slung across their backs, perched atop 16-foot ladders, they pluck oranges at a rate of 70 to 90 cents per 90-pound box, or less than $75 a day. "
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 4:15 pm
He is just dying to figure out some way to get involved in southern border politics from Florida. Last month he was supposedly sending buses of migrants to Delaware. Never happened.
I got a suggestion, start advocating we throw all the Cubans out. :whistle:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

it has been a bit forgotten to history, but Ron DeSantis ran for governor in 2018 as a shameless pusher of the Trump cult of personality. watch this pathetic ad. Trump will certainly use this stuff against him in a GOP primary.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kendra wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:49 pm
it has been a bit forgotten to history, but Ron DeSantis ran for governor in 2018 as a shameless pusher of the Trump cult of personality. watch this pathetic ad. Trump will certainly use this stuff against him in a GOP primary.
I think I lost IQ points re-watching that old ad. And I need those today.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
When George Washington died, he freed his slaves, or so I've been taught. Just one more reason why Jefferson is my least favorite of the Founding Fathers.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Off Topic
mr520 read recently about a Jefferson Family reunion to which one descendent invited the Sally Hemings branch of the family tree. The white Jeffersonians refused to allow them to attend.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Ron DeSantis, and his disinterest in seeking Trump's support, prove that Trump himself has outlived his usefulness.

Trumpism is much bigger than Trump now. DeSantis is everything MAGA nation wants, with the bonus that he doesn't kowtow to Trump himself, and has a non-zero amount of decorum. He's the Republican Party's dream president for 2024. He lets them keep Trumpism while distancing themselves from Trump.

And with a $100,000,000 war chest just get re-elected governor of Florida, he doesn't even need Trump's money.

This the man who's going to succeed Joe Biden. I don't see any other scenario at this point.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:37 pm Ron DeSantis, and his disinterest in seeking Trump's support, prove that Trump himself has outlived his usefulness.

Trumpism is much bigger than Trump now. DeSantis is everything MAGA nation wants, with the bonus that he doesn't kowtow to Trump himself, and has a non-zero amount of decorum. He's the Republican Party's dream president for 2024. He lets them keep Trumpism while distancing themselves from Trump.

And with a $100,000,000 war chest just get re-elected governor of Florida, he doesn't even need Trump's money.

This the man who's going to succeed Joe Biden. I don't see any other scenario at this point.
I hate to agree with this assessment, but I too do not see any other scenarios.
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I do. Biden is too long in the tooth not to be taking DeSantis's measure and already have plans in place. I agree that DeSantis will probably win the Republican Nom with Fox's support, but there's jack shit about hi that appeals beyond the Maga Base, and Trump will be trying to attack him as well.

This is tha advantage of not looking at social media. You can see things a lot clearer without 100s of bots screaming poison into your ears.
Hic sunt dracones
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:05 am This is tha advantage of not looking at social media. You can see things a lot clearer without 100s of bots screaming poison into your ears.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:05 am there's jack shit about hi that appeals beyond the Maga Base, and Trump will be trying to attack him as well.
The Maga base is enough. Maga is what 42% of this country wants at this point. Maga minus Trump, even better. And it has enough positional advantages to overcome any vote shortages: gerrymandered maps, "voter integrity" laws, a major news channel to tell the news as they want it told, a Supreme Court to sign off on anything they want.

The only result that would help now is a 1994-style complete national repudiation of a major political party. Which the Democratic party is too fractured and incompetent to bring about anyway. And even that wouldn't be as powerful as it should.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You know what, I'm tired of being the voice of clarity and optimism. :mad: Romney lost with 47%, and things were just as gerrymandered then as well, and Romney was a charismatic sunbeam compared with DeSantis. And I had to listen to months of doomcasting back then as well. I'm tired of this.

DeSantis is an arrogant ass that hates being questioned, and Biden will just poke Him till he explodes. Job done. I'm done.
Hic sunt dracones
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

DeSantis has not yet been tested on the national stage against an enemy who can argue back. He uses his platform to deplatform his opposition. That's not how a political debate works. So we'll see.

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I agree with the mousie and others - there are a lot of white supremacists and Neo-Fascists in this great land of ours, but not enough for DeathSantis. I strongly believe that you can't support both Trump and him. Trump will force his people to choose, and without the white supremacists who support Trump, DeathSantis doesn't have a good chance.

But I was so wrong in 2016, and I really haven't recovered from that. :(
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Ben-Prime

Post by Ben-Prime »

I admit in my fevered fantasies, DeSantis is convinced to wait until 2028 and spend a few more years demagoguing. And then in that first debate with, say, Harris or Buttigieg, he gets his ass handed to him. I mean, he gets completely demolished. I'm talking the West Wing Bartlet-Richie debate episode.

:clap: :thumbsup:

But, I mean, if it happens in 2024, I won't cry, either. :bunny:

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Please continue, Governor!
tek

Post by tek »

d-4.jpg
d-4.jpg (268.94 KiB) Viewed 923 times
With $105,000 on Fox News, Newsom's new ad, first provided to CNN and set to air on July 4, is a mashup of a classic campaign spot, business investment pitch and one of those California tourism commercials full of celebrities saying how much better it is there, wrapped in the existential terror that's wracking progressives these days.
"It's Independence Day -- so let's talk about what's going on in America," Newsom says in the ad, standing in the California sun, tieless, as "America the Beautiful" fingerpicks in the background. "Freedom is under attack in your state."
Those last words flash across the screen in red, followed by a photo of DeSantis shaking hands with former President Donald Trump, and then another of the Florida governor as Newsom ticks through Florida laws to ban books and restrict voting, speech and access to abortion.
"I urge all of you living in Florida to join the fight -- or join us in California, where we still believe in freedom: Freedom of speech, freedom to choose, freedom from hate, and the freedom to love," Newsom says as the images proceed from an aerial shot of the Santa Monica Pier to a rainbow flag waving in the hands of two women with arms around each other. "Don't let them take your freedom."
https://www.cnn.com/2022/07/03/politics ... index.html
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:05 am I do. Biden is too long in the tooth not to be taking DeSantis's measure and already have plans in place. I agree that DeSantis will probably win the Republican Nom with Fox's support, but there's jack shit about hi that appeals beyond the Maga Base, and Trump will be trying to attack him as well.

This is tha advantage of not looking at social media. You can see things a lot clearer without 100s of bots screaming poison into your ears.
I'm holding on to hope that he doesn't get re-elected in Florida this year and fades off into the depths of hell with Emperor Cheeto.
:smoking:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:pray:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Suranis, your perspective from across the pond is different than mine—so that’s fun. Without being in direct contact with the people of a nation, the local news, the facebook and other feed of those contacts one has accumulated by being a resident of many states (4500 FB friends),etc— I have doubts that it is more accurate. Getting the zeitgeist of the time may be best done immersed in social situations as well as varied news feeds.

I am sure you at least aware of Biden approval ratings? To me, this is a Jimmy Carter moment (although I was truly to young in Carter’s tenure to really know). But, Democrats have been blessed in recent decades by inheriting a poor economy that is better when they exit. It’s just complex.
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Note: It's the Washington Times. Also, I think the same poll is the one that said they don't want DFO to run either.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah. They kind of give away the bias by showing the Mouse of Mar A Grifto. WTAF does he have to do with the poll if they don't show he's not polling well either.

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Danraft wrote: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:46 pm I am sure you at least aware of Biden approval ratings?
Yes, just like I was aware of Obama's "Historically low" approval ratings in his second year. All Presidents have low approval in their Second year, it's just the way it goes.

They are still better than the Lard in Marry Lardo managed through his entire Presidency. And somehow people over there have been convinced he is gonna win. :shrug:
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”