Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
tek

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by tek »

Staffing shortages are squarely in the footprint of the executive branch.
Another DeSantis failure.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

He'll have felons teaching classes in schools instead of picking up trash on the roadsides in a minute.

Without federal aid, half of Florida's institutions of government would already have collapsed.

The number of uneducated, unemployed, unvaccinated, uncontrollable dudes in Fla is going to hit new highs. It's gonna be a fucking police state in a minute. Think Road Warrior in a mosquito infested swamp.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Pretty sure I've shared this story before but it bears repeating:

35 years ago, as the eldest of my generation of the family, I graduated from the same South Florida high school from which 3 or 4 younger members of my mother's generation (our clan as a whole migrated down from NY when I was 7, and most of my older 1st-cousins-once-removed were in their mid-teens) likewise had graduated within the prior decade to me. All of us agreed it had been quite the awesome place to attend school. It was the same for my younger brother who graduated 3 years behind me, in 1990.

In 1998 or 1999, my brother went back to teach there. It had already begun falling to shit under Jeb's watch over the state budget, and he quit after 2 weeks mostly spent breaking up fights between students who no longer felt the same kind of love and quality that our generation had.

In the aughts, about half of my younger 2nd cousins (the children of that 1970s generation of my mom's youngest first cousins) all graduated from that same high school and said, yeah, it's gotten worse outside their own privileged bubble of upper-middle-class honors students, and even for most of of them, it was no longer what it was.

It saddens the hell out of me.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Soldiers make wonderful prison guards. This will end well. :liar:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Ben-Prime wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:23 am Pretty sure I've shared this story before but it bears repeating:

35 years ago, as the eldest of my generation of the family, I graduated from the same South Florida high school from which 3 or 4 younger members of my mother's generation (our clan as a whole migrated down from NY when I was 7, and most of my older 1st-cousins-once-removed were in their mid-teens) likewise had graduated within the prior decade to me. All of us agreed it had been quite the awesome place to attend school. It was the same for my younger brother who graduated 3 years behind me, in 1990.

In 1998 or 1999, my brother went back to teach there. It had already begun falling to shit under Jeb's watch over the state budget, and he quit after 2 weeks mostly spent breaking up fights between students who no longer felt the same kind of love and quality that our generation had.

In the aughts, about half of my younger 2nd cousins (the children of that 1970s generation of my mom's youngest first cousins) all graduated from that same high school and said, yeah, it's gotten worse outside their own privileged bubble of upper-middle-class honors students, and even for most of of them, it was no longer what it was.

It saddens the hell out of me.
It's a feature, not a bug.

Make the public schools such shitholes that people support giving vouchers to people "Parental Choice", the said vouchers coming from tax dollars that would have gone to the shitty schools. Of course, taking that money away makes the shitty schools better, right?

But, for the ones who can get accepted (because private schools can refuse students) its a pretty sweet deal, they get to go to elite (segregated) private schools with lots of God, not many colored kids and no science at all!

Because who needs Brown v. Board of Education, our fine white kids got along just okay without it!

And that is what it's about, a soft overruling of Brown v Board of Education with a little charter school profiteering thrown in for the DeVos family.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:46 am It's a feature, not a bug.
Yeah. My ex-wife was an administrative assistant for the Principals of two charter schools in a very prominent Florida chain -- one of those was the baby brother of the company CEO. She saw how those sausages were made and the way she rage-quit the job was actually the precursor to her leaving Florida, and me, altogether, for saner pastures. So I am very much angry at the way our school system in Florida is being ground into the dirt, I assure you.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Make the public schools such shitholes that people support giving vouchers to people "Parental Choice", the said vouchers coming from tax dollars that would have gone to the shitty schools. Of course, taking that money away makes the shitty schools better, right?

But, for the ones who can get accepted (because private schools can refuse students) its a pretty sweet deal, they get to go to elite (segregated) private schools with lots of God, not many colored kids and no science at all!

Because who needs Brown v. Board of Education, our fine white kids got along just okay without it!

And that is what it's about, a soft overruling of Brown v Board of Education with a little charter school profiteering thrown in for the DeVos family.
Well, yeah. But it's also tough as a parent. I wish my local public schools weren't shitholes, it would save me a lot of money and driving hassle. As much as I want to send my kid to public school though, these AZ ones are crap and I'm not willing for him to get a crap education. His private school features math and science far advanced from what they get in the public schools, on top of everything else. He did go to public school in Brooklyn, and we did do tours and evaluate our local public schools before turning to private here in AZ. It's a :pickle: as a parent that wants to support public education, but also wants their child to get a good education. Lot's of bullshit "choices" around here, like the charter down the road that uses the Hillsdale curriculum.

But yeah. What you said. Make the public schools so shitty you really have no "choice."
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I would almost be okay with it if you weren't allowed to use tax vouchers for religious schools and you could only use them at schools that accept all applicants with any rationing done by blind lotttery.

But no, they are funding private overtly elitist schools with taxpayer money that is being taken away from the public schools.

If you want to understand my rage, just google Cincinnati Hills Christian Academy. And that is the one I know, but I'm sure there is one almost exacly the same in every city, probably more than one.

The largest school in the Cincinnati area, the richest by far. Only accepts students upon recommendation of your pastor (look me in the eye and tell me that is not being abused on a scale to make Martin Luther spin on the Y axis) and takes tax money vouchers from public schools that are left with the poor kids. Oh, and they don't teach none of that evolution "theory" or talk about how some folks don't agree that the slaves were mistreated just because they didn't have room service or air conditioning, without even mentioning that air conditioning didn't exist!

I drive past this campus, which is the size of a small college, every day and it's all I can do not so stop and set the place to the torch.

(also the place where a star football player was credibly accused of rape more than once but they made it all go away when it was gonna screw up him getting a scholarship, so what do you you know, two victims and three other witnesses all "oopsie, we didn't mean that, all overblown, nothing to see here" (rich folks got together and paid them all off, prove me wrong)

:torches: :cussing:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:22 am Soldiers make wonderful prison guards. This will end well. :liar:
Considering that DeShitstain already sees them as the enemies of the state...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I think Ron might be in a little trouble.

The story initially broke that these were fake brochures printed up to trick people into getting on the planes. I have seen other reports that say they are real brochures that Massachusetts did print for refugees that were sent there by a UN sponsored program and that none of "Ron's Kids" qualify for any of the benefits.

What good Christian people they are. :clap:

Migrant crisis – live: DeSantis Martha’s Vineyard migrants reportedly given fake brochures before flights

What an asshole...

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Well, no.

I did a little more Google Foo and the Brochure is hands down a fake, printed especially for the Martha's Vineyard flight.

It has text lifted from a Massachusetts state website that describes the above mentioned UN High Commission For Refugees program, which none of the Martha's Vineyard immigrants qualify for.

It does list an address on Martha's Vineyard for a Church which no State printed Brochure would be likely to have, but the absolute kicker that it's faked is the Jethro Bodine Level Genius who printed it and went to such efforts to make it look official goggled an image for the Massachusetts Commonwealth Flag and got...

not the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Flag but one that someone thought would be a better version and posted on Imgur.com. There is some debate about the current one having a Native American on it and some think the State Flower would be more appropriate, including it would seem the Governor of Florida.

Real one

Look closely at the brochure...Image

So now, we know they were given the brochures, we know the brochures are fake and we know they were printed by someone with some connection to the Governor of Florida unless you are willing to accept that some random printed them and was handing them out and it just so happens that on the same day somebody from Florida was chartering 2 private jets to take people to Martha's Vineyard, where the church on the brochure was. What a coincidence!

I may need to be sedated I am so mad at this.

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

How is this not just outright fraud? If I tricked people into signing onto something with fake documents in order to pad my numbers, I would be in pretty deep trouble.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

There are no-fee, non-profit legal firms that represent immigrants in Florida. They should be all over this.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Haven't seen a link yet, but did hear brief mention on CNN that some district attorney in TX has opened an investigation into the matter.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Kendra wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:04 pm Haven't seen a link yet, but did hear brief mention on CNN that some soon to be unemployed district attorney in TX has opened an investigation into the matter.
FIFY
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:06 pm
Kendra wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:04 pm Haven't seen a link yet, but did hear brief mention on CNN that some soon to be unemployed district attorney in TX has opened an investigation into the matter.
FIFY
Likely so.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Here it is.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 7:06 pm
FIFY
Why, does Texas have a law like Florida where if you piss off the Emperor it doesn't matter if you're elected, he can fire you?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Passed by the Republican-controlled Legislature and supported by most Democrats, the budget instructed the Florida Department of Transportation to spend the funds “to facilitate the transport of unauthorized aliens from this state.”

Read more at: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... rylink=cpy
1) They were not "unauthorized aliens", they were legally in the US waiting on hearings. Hearings that when they relocated were pushed up because apparently when you move you have to report to the nearest INS office within X amount of time. All well and good, but the people who put them on the plane (who may have been DHS employees) filled out fake addresses for them to all over the country so some of them had hearings in Spokane, Denver and other places equally convenient to Massachusetts, as early as today. If they miss those hearings they lose their legal status and can be deported immediately and it looks to me like someone was trying damn hard to make sure they didn't make those hearings. :torches: :hemademe:

FFS that is the plot of the Dukes of Hazard movie. :bangwall:

2) They were not "in this state" being Florida, except for when the plane landed to refuel. If we were Fox News we'd be screaming that the Governor of Florida used taxpayer funds to bring immigrants into the State! :panic:

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Oh my. :lol:

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Shocking to learn that the company hired by Desantis receiving over a million in taxpayer money to fly migrants from TX has close ties to Republican PACs and political allies of Desantis and Matt Gaetz.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

He was also on Alex Wagner's program tonight. Berthold (sp?) is a familiar company to me, but I can't remember why. My thought was not positive, though.

Their website is down.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

And, often, the low-income parents who get vouchers can't afford to pay the difference between what the vouchers are worth and the tuition charged by the private schools, so their kids end up going to the public schools, which are now even worse, because the better off parents, who can afford the extra tuition, are taking their money elsewhere.

It turns out to be a subsidy for those who don't need it and usually doesn't help those who do.

Sometimes, some charlaton sets up a private school that the vouchers WILL pay for, but these schools are often set up as a way of legally grifting the tax dollars, and are not much (if at all) better than the public schools.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”