Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Gregg

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 7:28 am A fine selection of people who really want to be there.
And I'll give you $5 for every one of them who can tell you what their sign means.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
Warning:

SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) — Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed a bill creating an election police force to pursue voter fraud.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That's the kind of thing that could backfire spectacularly.
Hic sunt dracones
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Kendra wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 7:43 pm
Kyle Griffin
@kylegriffin1
Warning:

SPRING HILL, Fla. (AP) — Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has signed a bill creating an election police force to pursue voter fraud.
Could he start in The Villages? That's a hotbed of voter fraud.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Yeah, if a Democrat does win in November, I demand they open the first "Election Police Station" in The Villages.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

someone better stop that little Napoleon wanna be tyrant
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

It's amazingly something like Putin would do, isn't it? He invents a special body to investigate a crime no one but him is committing. Which all know will be a tool to harass his political enemies. As if he didn't already have enough. I wonder when the poisonings will start.

That's our future: post-Soviet Russia, with the pointless sectarianism of Northern Ireland during The Troubles.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Here is the allegedly criminal comment the police are investigating. I guess.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Um, a police report for a non-crime? Pretty sure no police department is going to accept it and would tell the complainant that it is a civil matter.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I still double dog dare you to bring me one of those kids who know what "CRT" even stands for, much less what it means.

I'll wait over here... :waiting:

MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

So a police report in Florida for the actions of a person in New York?

Edited to add - So the Florida police will seek extradition of Joy Reid from New York State?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

DeSantis choosing continued financial support for Russia has cost Florida an awful lot of money.
Rep. Andrew Learned @AndrewLearned wrote: BREAKING: Florida's Retirement System LOST over $200m in our Russian Investments after refusing to divest our holdings when I called for it over two months ago.

Turns out, backing #Putin and his war crimes in #Ukraine wasn't just bad for freedom, it was a bad investment too.

Receipts:
► Show Spoiler
https://sbafla.com/fsb/Portals/FSB/Cont ... 114103-017
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

THIS is how you do it

refuse to let these fuckers come speak their shit!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Funny, he doesn't look Jewish. ;)
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 11:07 pm Funny, he doesn't look Jewish. ;)
"But is he good for the Jews?"

I mean, as a Jew, born in New York, who lives in Florida(*), I'm saying 'no'; and I commend the Museum for this decision. But there are some who would say 'yes'. It is entirely their right to believe it, of course, but entirely my right to think they are either fellow-travelers or useful idiots to what DeSantis represents.

(*)By this, I of course mean that I maintain my legal domicile there while I am in the Foreign Service, but unlike many who do so for tax reasons, I have also been a physical resident of the state between 1977 and 2018 but for 3 years back in New York to attend NYU in the late 80s.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Once again, Desantis asks little kids to “crowd around” him at another photo op. Kids make the best political props.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

1. It's official:
@GovRonDeSantis
perpetrated a hoax, falsely claiming that dozens of math book publishers attempted to indoctrinate Florida students with Critical Race Theory

He knew this was false

But figured he could get away with it

Follow this 🧵if interested

raison de arizona

They released some objectionable material.
Example:
44D6334E-FFDB-457E-9D1C-B5AC043FC216.png
44D6334E-FFDB-457E-9D1C-B5AC043FC216.png (509.16 KiB) Viewed 484 times
Florida Releases Reviews That Led to Rejection of Math Textbooks
To explain its puzzling rejection of dozens of textbooks, the state released 6,000 pages of comments, revealing an often confusing and divisive process.
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/05/07/us/p ... books.html
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Is that actually from a Math textbook? I'm 100% on board with Women sportswomen getting the same pay as men. But if they are saying that's inappropriate for a Math schoolbook I am 100% on their side. It's not even subtle. That's wasting valuable textbook space for a speech.

There would be nothing like that in a textbook over here. Come on.

And before people start on me, this is about teaching Math in a Math class, and discussing social issues in a Civics class. If that is real, no wonder US Math education performance is through the floor.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I disagree.

As an undergrad math major I kind of sympathize with coming up with word problems that aren't "if a train leaves Chicago etc...." and putting current events that might interest students might, just might, engage them more. It is an actual cliche' "I'm never gonna need algebra so why..." and then 10 years later they realize that Euclid actually comes in handy if you're working in a factory sometimes.

Word problems are the very best way to get students to relate the mechanical operations of mathematics to a practical use. If talking about USA Soccer gets them interested, go for it.

W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Gregg wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:40 am I disagree.

As an undergrad math major I kind of sympathize with coming up with word problems that aren't "if a train leaves Chicago etc...." and putting current events that might interest students might, just might, engage them more. It is an actual cliche' "I'm never gonna need algebra so why..." and then 10 years later they realize that Euclid actually comes in handy if you're working in a factory sometimes.

Word problems are the very best way to get students to relate the mechanical operations of mathematics to a practical use. If talking about USA Soccer gets them interested, go for it.
That's Culturally Relevant Teaching, which is the CRT that is actually banned by the state standards. DeathSentence is pulling a bait and switch by referencing Critical Race Theory when talking about why the books failed the standards. Florida math teachers are quite literally barred from utilizing word problems that relate to the culture of minority students in their classes; all word problems must invoke mainstream, whitebread Americana. You can use apple pies to teach about proportions, but not pecan pies.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 8:26 am
Gregg wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:40 am I disagree.

That's Culturally Relevant Teaching, which is the CRT that is actually banned by the state standards. DeathSentence is pulling a bait and switch by referencing Critical Race Theory when talking about why the books failed the standards. Florida math teachers are quite literally barred from utilizing word problems that relate to the culture of minority students in their classes; all word problems must invoke mainstream, whitebread Americana. /
Q. How many bad apples in the FL government to you need to throw out until you can bake a apple pie? :twisted:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”