Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Jim

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Jim »

woodworker wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 10:50 am
Jim wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:55 pm
Suranis wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:35 pm He;s attacking the guy whom he is afraid will beat him in the Republican Primaries. He has to get them out of the way or he cant actually run next time hecause he can't handle losing.
Is DeSantis man enough to fight back or will he pull a Cruz and slink off with his tail tucked. Inquiring minds want to know.
DeathSantis will politely, and so civilly, make nice to trump whilst sticking a shiv in his back. Et tu, Brute?
Nope. All these pubs are hoping that the dems do what they are incapable of doing, stand up to Trump and put him behind bars.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

If a political party had the power to put someone behind bars, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton would be behind bars.

Stop wishing Democrats were Dictators.
Hic sunt dracones
Jim

Post by Jim »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:13 am If a political party had the power to put someone behind bars, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton would be behind bars.

But if said Trump were breaking the law and the NYAG were to indict him...pubs would be downright gleeful (behind closed doors) that a Dem was able to legally take care of their problem for them.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:13 am If a political party had the power to put someone behind bars, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton would be behind bars.

I'm not wishing they were dictators. I'm wishing they would stop letting Republicans piss on the legal system. Get a subpoena? Phuck 'em, how many tanks does the Pope have? The Foreign Emoluments Clause? Who cares, let them sue me and I'll drag it out until I get a bent judge or they spend millions getting court orders I'll just ignore. A GSA lease that specifically bars elected officials from holding it? Appoint your own GSA Chairman who will interpret that to mean elected officials who didn't appoint the GAS Chairman.

I won't even mention the list of flat felonies longer than War and Peace or just the ones in the last 60 days of his term where he committed at the very least as many treasons as Jefferson Davis.

We need to lock him up if for no other reason because he didn't just ask, he got on his knees and begged us to try.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Jim wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:56 am

But if said Trump were breaking the law and the NYAG were to indict him...pubs would be downright gleeful (behind closed doors) that a Dem was able to legally take care of their problem for them.
We have a winner.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

You know. I'm pretty tired of having this conversation. every time the Dems start ticking up in the polls there is a Tsunami of "Dems are useless! Why isn't Trump in Jail, they doing nothing! They gonna CAAAVE!" crap all; over the place, and then the people who should know better file up and parrot the talking points.

And I'm not saying Jim is a deliberate troll, but he made the pretty stratospheric leap of logic from a joke about DeSantis backstabbing Trump top "Oh the Dems haven't put Trump in jail! Dems useless!" Eh wat? He was obviously primed by stuff he has been exposed to.

Fact is, I've seen enough to know that stuff is going on in the background. Stuff that isn't in our dammed 24 hour news cycle. Stewart Rhodes and the gang was arrested today. Garland plays his cards close to his chest.

The fact is we DON'T NEED TO KNOW what's going on in the DAs office, and extrapolating from the fact we don't know to "there's nothing happening" is just playing into the hands of the people who only want to discourage people.

Have a tiny bit of faith. It works wonders and keeps your mind safe from manipulation by the forces of lies.

And the Dems ARE doing stuff.
Hic sunt dracones
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:55 pm You know. I'm pretty tired of having this conversation. every time the Dems start ticking up in the polls there is a Tsunami of "Dems are useless! Why isn't Trump in Jail, they doing nothing! They gonna CAAAVE!" crap all; over the place, and then the people who should know better file up and parrot the talking points.

And I'm not saying Jim is a deliberate troll, but he made the pretty stratospheric leap of logic from a joke about DeSantis backstabbing Trump top "Oh the Dems haven't put Trump in jail! Dems useless!" Eh wat? He was obviously primed by stuff he has been exposed to.

Fact is, I've seen enough to know that stuff is going on in the background. Stuff that isn't in our dammed 24 hour news cycle. Stewart Rhodes and the gang was arrested today. Garland plays his cards close to his chest.

The fact is we DON'T NEED TO KNOW what's going on in the DAs office, and extrapolating from the fact we don't know to "there's nothing happening" is just playing into the hands of the people who only want to discourage people.

Have a tiny bit of faith. It works wonders and keeps your mind safe from manipulation by the forces of lies.

Thank you, I think you're right and that post calmed me back from the ledge.
Also, my last post was made before I got in the car and found out that people have been indicted for Seditious Conspiracy which not only sounds pretty serious to me, but I have a lot of faith that DOJ doesn't think the head of Oaf-Keepers is the ringleader of said conspiracy.

Jim

Post by Jim »

Suranis wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:55 pm You know. I'm pretty tired of having this conversation. every time the Dems start ticking up in the polls there is a Tsunami of "Dems are useless! Why isn't Trump in Jail, they doing nothing! They gonna CAAAVE!" crap all; over the place, and then the people who should know better file up and parrot the talking points.

I have never in my life said or posted "Oh the Dems haven't put Trump in jail! Dems useless!"

The only thing I've ever said on the topic is the pubs are hoping the dems take care of their Trump problem for them, legally.

With all the investigations going on, I'll be unhappy if they haven't got anything on Trump in the end. But such is life. But you better believe that if the dems are able to indict Trump, there's going to be a bunch of happy pubs (in private).
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I think most Republicans will be quietly glad if Trump implodes, gets indicted, flees the country or assumes room temperature. Their problem now though, is the "Batshit Crazy Caucus" of Gaetz, Greene, Gosar, Gymbo etc... aren't going to go away, even if Trump gets caught robbing a bank. They have seats so reliably safe that even if Gaetz gets convicted and sentenced during the election, he could still win his general election from prison. (is that actually legal?) The same for the other people Keven McCarthy is sucking up to, they can even violate the old "don't get caught in bed with a live man or a dead woman" rule (gender adjust that however you need to) and if they did, they'd use it to fundraise. It used to be, if you were running for Congress and were charged with a felony, it pretty much ended that campaign, but now it's a bonus, you can make a quick $10 million or so from a good mug shot.

bob

Post by bob »

Gregg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:10 pm I think most Republicans will be quietly glad if Trump implodes, gets indicted, flees the country or assumes room temperature.
Hell, most Republicans will fundraise off any of those events.
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

If Nixon didn't go to prison (Narrator: He didn't), then I suppose it's futile to hope that Trump will.

Fun to think about, though ... :daydreaming:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kevin McCarthy is a variation of Boebert, Greene, et. al. He’s not a step up.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

bob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:14 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:10 pm I think most Republicans will be quietly glad if Trump implodes, gets indicted, flees the country or assumes room temperature.
Hence why they never had to bother actually trying to prosecute anybody like Hilary, Obama, BLM, Antifa, CRT teachers, some grandma who baked rainbow-colored cookies, etc. They never were interested in prosecuting, only fundraising.
101010 :towel:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Jim wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 4:46 pm I have never in my life said or posted "Oh the Dems haven't put Trump in jail! Dems useless!"

The only thing I've ever said on the topic is the pubs are hoping the dems take care of their Trump problem for them, legally.
Some folks in various places have been saying that so you probably got hit with a frustration response.
101010 :towel:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

northland10 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 8:25 pm
bob wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:14 pm
Hence why they never had to bother actually trying to prosecute anybody like Hilary, Obama, BLM, Antifa, CRT teachers, some grandma who baked rainbow-colored cookies, etc. They never were interested in prosecuting, only fundraising.
Next fundraining scheme is to buy St. Helena from the French and offload their liability to a golf course far away.... :twisted:
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 5:25 pm If Nixon didn't go to prison (Narrator: He didn't), then I suppose it's futile to hope that Trump will.

Fun to think about, though ... :daydreaming:
Only because of the al and sundry pardon he got from his VP.. If he couldn't be charged, arrested, tried, and convicted what was the need for a pardon?
bob

Post by bob »

notorial dissent wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:52 amOnly because of the al and sundry pardon he got from his VP.. If he couldn't be charged, arrested, tried, and convicted what was the need for a pardon?
"To heal the nation" was the proffered excuse. :roll:
Image ImageImage
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, the theory was (sorta) that it would create too much turmoil to put the former president on trial for criming.

But the truth is, Nixon didn't have a lot of wild and crazy supporters who were raging about the trouble he was in. If you want to see some real turmoil, put Trump on trial. He'll make it a showpiece. He'll have supporters willing (and trying) to die for him. He'll be so disruptive they'll have to shackle him and put duct tape across his mouthbone. Which will rile the supporters up to ever greater heights of frenzy and violence.

If you want to see the shitshow of all shitshows of all time in this sector of the galaxy, put Trump on trial for criming and sit back. I hate to say this, I'd love to see him in prison, but it just isn't going to work, and one reason it won't work is that it will damn near cause a civil war in this country.

Keep suing him, take all his damn money, keep getting vids like him running away from the NPR reporter, but I don't think it's a good idea to prosecute him for the crimes.

Talk me out of it, I wish I was wrong.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Foggy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 pm Yeah, the theory was (sorta) that it would create too much turmoil to put the former president on trial for criming.

But the truth is, Nixon didn't have a lot of wild and crazy supporters who were raging about the trouble he was in. If you want to see some real turmoil, put Trump on trial. He'll make it a showpiece. He'll have supporters willing (and trying) to die for him. He'll be so disruptive they'll have to shackle him and put duct tape across his mouthbone. Which will rile the supporters up to ever greater heights of frenzy and violence.

If you want to see the shitshow of all shitshows of all time in this sector of the galaxy, put Trump on trial for criming and sit back. I hate to say this, I'd love to see him in prison, but it just isn't going to work, and one reason it won't work is that it will damn near cause a civil war in this country.

Keep suing him, take all his damn money, keep getting vids like him running away from the NPR reporter, but I don't think it's a good idea to prosecute him for the crimes.

Not talking you out of it. I have always said dead is best. He might be a martyr, but he'd be a dead martyr.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:59 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:56 pm Yeah, the theory was (sorta) that it would create too much turmoil to put the former president on trial for criming.

Not talking you out of it. I have always said dead is best. He might be a martyr, but he'd be a dead martyr.
The Romans said the same thing about Jesus.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Now, that's depressing.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:59 pm Not talking you out of it. I have always said dead is best. He might be a martyr, but he'd be a dead martyr.
The Western Empire lasted another 400 years, and the Eastern Empire (Byzantium/Constantinople) lasted another 1400 years. We may buy some time.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

jcolvin2 wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:13 pm
Gregg wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 4:58 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 3:59 pm Not talking you out of it. I have always said dead is best. He might be a martyr, but he'd be a dead martyr.
The Western Empire lasted another 400 years, and the Eastern Empire (Byzantium/Constantinople) lasted another 1400 years. We may buy some time.
:yeahthat:

giggle

But the they didn't have Joe Manchin, so who knows...

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

:crying: Please please don't suggest that Trumpism will be the new religion for the next couple of milleniums, and time will be measured AT :cantlook:

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”