Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kendra

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

This is like arguing that some people wearing seatbelts die in car accidents, therefore seatbelts shouldn't be mandated
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I don’t think that’s the message he thinks it is.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Jesus crap. Yes, we are absolutely going to blame people who don't vax or wear masks when they end up in the hospital with Covid. Sorry you feel it's victim blaming, but they made themselves the victims. So we blame them.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Fucker didn't report the new record high from Friday (21,683). Reported it with Saturday and Sunday's numbers today. Tried to bury it. Asshole. Sites that estimate actual infections think Florida numbers are about five times higher than the positive test rate (Fla has less than desirable testing rates.)
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 4.36.45 PM.png
Screen Shot 2021-08-03 at 4.36.45 PM.png (214.17 KiB) Viewed 3495 times
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Fool who put hand in bear trap and press the trigger after being told not to is soley responsible for lost hand. Your choice your result.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

notorial dissent wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:58 pm Fool who put hand in bear trap and press the trigger after being told not to is soley responsible for lost hand. Your choice your result.
yeahbut he's stickin' everyone else's hand in thar
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Poll: Ron DeSantis approval rating sags as COVID-19 rages

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/44 ... -19-rages/
The latest surge of COVID-19 might be catching up with Gov. Ron DeSantis.

A new poll from St. Pete Polls finds the Governor’s approval rating has sagged considerably, with more Floridians now saying they do not approve of the job DeSantis is going than those who say they approve.

The poll, which was conducted Monday and Tuesday among 3,952 likely Florida voters through an automated phone polling system, also found DeSantis falling behind one Democratic rival for the 2022 gubernatorial election, trailing Democratic U.S. Rep. Charlie Crist. DeSantis has a slight lead on Democratic Florida Agriculture Commissioner Nikki Fried in the poll.

The poll also shows Floridians are not in agreement with DeSantis when it comes to his opposition to mask mandates for school children.

DeSantis drew just 44% of Florida voters saying they approve of the job he is doing, while 49% said they do not approve of his job performance. The rest were unsure.

He also is not doing well within any age category except voters age 70 or older. The youngest set, those ages 18-29, posted 39% approval and 52% disapproval. The next youngest, those age 30-49, were not far off, with 40% approving and 51% disapproving. Those over 70 showed 49% approval, still not a majority, but more than the 43% who said no, they do not approve.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Those over 70 showed 49% approval ...
Those who remain, of course. :(
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

One of the recurring themes in the post-truth world is that Republicans lie about what "the American people" want. Lie with impunity. It's such a cliche at this point that journalists, even the good ones, brush past it (or do it themselves).

My despicable congresswoman, Stefanik (Q-NY) is the past master at that type of shit; like most Republicans, her positions are against the national positions about 90 percent of the time.

DeSantis' mealy-mouthed sputterings over the past week, in which he tasks about jobs jobs jobs when asked about COVID COVID COVID are a case in point.

Anyway:

Poll: 62% support mask mandates in Florida schools

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/44 ... a-schools/
More than six in 10 Florida voters believe schools should require all children to wear masks when classes begin later this month, according to a recent survey from St. Pete Polls.

The survey, commissioned by Florida Politics, found that 62% of likely voters support such a mask order.

The poll follows an executive order Gov. Ron DeSantis issued Friday banning school mask requirements. Meanwhile, the number of people hospitalized for COVID-19 in Florida rose to an all-time high of 11,515 patients in one day, according to data from the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

Ahead of DeSantis’ school mask order, the Florida Chapter of the American Academy of Pediatrics issued an unambiguous argument for face coverings and distancing, citing the fact that vaccines aren’t yet available for children younger than 12. The school year begins as soon as next week in some districts.

Among Democrats, 84% support mask mandates, while 66% of independents also support such a requirement. However, 39% of Republicans also support mask mask mandates, a significant share for what has become a political issue.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've mostly reached a "Let the idiots Darwin themselves" attitude but then I read about the kids and I want to throw up.

ImageImageImage x4
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Aug 04, 2021 9:51 am I've mostly reached a "Let the idiots Darwin themselves" attitude but then I read about the kids and I want to throw up.
Me too.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

DeSantis is guilty of pandemicide.

He will go unchecked and unpunished in our failed state.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Shamelessly stolen from FB.
Attachments
232191828_10158306184542036_2868556544885343546_n.jpg
232191828_10158306184542036_2868556544885343546_n.jpg (75.87 KiB) Viewed 3114 times
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Is there some sort of facebook algorithm that demands the best memes all contain at least one misspelled word?
Lani

Post by Lani »

If DeathSantis is depending on herd immunity, it's not going to work. Sweden tried that, but wound up with the highest number of deaths in Scandinavia while achieving very little immunity. And now we know immunity fades.

In the US, people who've had covid are becoming infected again. Small number, but still.... I wasn't surprised about that because my doctor told me that some of her patients who were confirmed to be infected later wanted to give blood. But some of them had low or no antibodies 3 months later.

And there's this:
Those who have recovered from COVID-19 who have not been vaccinated might have more than double the chance of reinfection than those who have been inoculated, according to a new study published by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

The study looked at hundreds of Kentucky residents who were infected with the coronavirus in 2020 and compared the vaccination status of those who were reinfected from May to June 2021. Researchers found that those who were not vaccinated had 2.34 times the odds of reinfection compared with those who were fully vaccinated.
https://www.usnews.com/news/health-news ... vaccinated
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

His plan is not "herd immunity", it is "acceptable number of deaths".

His idea is that never-ending COVID with a few dozen deaths a day is a mere bagatelle if it means he can boast about how well his economy is doing (note that the Fla economy does not need to be doing well; he just needs to be able to boast about it) and how he was smarter than that stupid Democratic science.

He igores--is allowed to ignore--the toll on the hospitals and medical professionals. He says "Our hospitals are open for business." which pretty much illustrates his preferred way of looking at COVID and governing.

He has never even mentioned the destruction wrought by serious illness and long COVID.

"Avoidable deaths" are two words he mysteriously cannot hear.

His current approach to COVID (threatening to punish institutions that try to save people's lives and coninue to operate) is exactly the opposite of what it was a year ago, when he stated that the state should not tell local communities what to do.

His conflation of vaccines/masking with shutdowns is appallingly stupid. Apparently no one in the press or in government, except Nikki Fried, has the guts to point out the obvious: that vaccines/masking are necessary to AVOID shutdowns, and are not a path TO shutdowns; that his policy is the direct highway to shutdowns.

It is free-range Earth 2 in Florida.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, that's hardly unique. "Acceptable number of deaths" has been the American policy to deal with Gun Violence for decades.
Hic sunt dracones
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Exactly (although once again you conflate "Americans" with "Right-wing Americans who currently have a stranglehold on our failed democracy").

And the environment, and any number of other major issues. Life in the autocracy.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well, it is my opinion that if people really wanted to stop it, it would have been stopped. Whether they just don't want to grasp that nettle while they deal with other stuff, or want to promote an armed society, all sides are willing to leave it alone, and accept a certain number of deaths.

But, its just my opinion.
Hic sunt dracones
filly

Post by filly »

Wherein Jim Acosta suggests the #desantisvarient:

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

filly wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:22 am Wherein Jim Acosta suggests the #desantisvarient:

https:// twitter.com/RonFilipkowski/status/1424138337825304578
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski
JIM ACOSTA WITH AN ABSOLUTELY EPIC TAKEDOWN of Republican governors today! And I’m not going to take credit, but Jim follows me, and the last 15 seconds is my tweet from 2 hours before this. I love Jim Acosta!
Ron Filipkowski @RonFilipkowski
The WHO is now deciding how to name the next set of covid variants, since the letters of the Greek alphabet are running out.

I provided to them a select list of American republican governors’ names.
Still waiting for a response.
12:40 AM · Aug 8, 2021
:rotflmao:
Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Post by Flatpoint High »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 7:53 am His plan is not "herd immunity", it is "acceptable number of deaths".

His idea is that never-ending COVID with a few dozen deaths a day is a mere bagatelle if it means he can boast about how well his economy is doing (note that the Fla economy does not need to be doing well; he just needs to be able to boast about it) and how he was smarter than that stupid Democratic science.

He igores--is allowed to ignore--the toll on the hospitals and medical professionals. He says "Our hospitals are open for business." which pretty much illustrates his preferred way of looking at COVID and governing.

He has never even mentioned the destruction wrought by serious illness and long COVID.

"Avoidable deaths" are two words he mysteriously cannot hear.

His current approach to COVID (threatening to punish institutions that try to save people's lives and coninue to operate) is exactly the opposite of what it was a year ago, when he stated that the state should not tell local communities what to do.

His conflation of vaccines/masking with shutdowns is appallingly stupid. Apparently no one in the press or in government, except Nikki Fried, has the guts to point out the obvious: that vaccines/masking are necessary to AVOID shutdowns, and are not a path TO shutdowns; that his policy is the direct highway to shutdowns.

It is free-range Earth 2 in Florida.
No, it's the Libertarian Free Market Paradise we can only dream of.
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Haha!!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/norwegia ... 00189.html

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. Is Granted Preliminary Injunction Allowing it to Sail from Florida with 100% Vaccination of Guests and Crew

ImageImageImage x4
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Aug 08, 2021 9:35 pm Haha!!

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/norwegia ... 00189.html

Norwegian Cruise Line Holdings Ltd. Is Granted Preliminary Injunction Allowing it to Sail from Florida with 100% Vaccination of Guests and Crew
Hey Ron, Fuck off!
Like as the waves make towards the pebbled shore,
So do our minutes hasten to their end . . .
Lani

Post by Lani »

:boxing: :bwahaha:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”