Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:56 am
Florida courts could take 'emergency' custody of kids with trans parents or siblings — even if they live in another state

Katherine Tangalakis-Lippert
Sat, March 4, 2023 at 7:47 AM GMT+1
  • Florida Senate Bill 254 would grant courts emergency custody of kids who receive gender-affirming care.
    The bill, introduced Friday, would also allow the courts to modify out-of-state custody agreements.
    The bill would grant officials authority under the law that protects kids from domestic violence.
A proposed bill making its way through the Florida State Senate would allow the state "emergency jurisdiction" over children who receive or are "at risk of" receiving gender-affirming care — or if their parent receives it themselves.

Senate Bill 254, introduced Friday by State Senator Clay Yarborough, would grant the court authority to take emergency custody of kids under the same statute that protects them from domestic violence and abuse.

The state could take temporary custody of children if "it is necessary in an emergency to protect the child because the child, or a sibling or parent of the child" is "at risk of or is being subjected to the provision of sex reassignment prescriptions or procedures," according to the proposed bill text.

The proposed bill defines sex reassignment prescriptions or procedures as hormone therapy, puberty blockers, and surgeries or procedures that "affirm a person's perception of his or her sex if that perception is inconsistent with the person's sex" at birth.

The court would also be granted "jurisdiction to vacate, stay, or modify a child custody determination of a court of another state to protect the child from the risk of being subjected to the provision of sex-reassignment prescriptions or procedures," according to the proposed bill text. "The court must vacate, stay, or modify the child custody determination to the extent necessary to protect the child from the provision of such prescriptions or procedures."

https://www.yahoo.com/news/florida-cour ... 00295.html
(original: INSIDER)

So, a kid from New Hampshire who has a transgender sibling or parent who goes on Spring Break in Florida could, in theory, be kidnapped by the state, for their own good.

Because Ron DeSantis is protecting their freedom.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, as DFO said yesterday, it's all about retribution. It doesn't matter that it wasn't DFO calling for this. It's the repukes calling for it.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Ron DeSantis

Post by Lani »

What a horrible thing. What can we do outside of Florida?
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neeneko

Ron DeSantis

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:58 am I guess we will see mandatory conversion therapies for LGBTs coming back in FL real soon now ... :blackeye:
I am wondering if they are pondering the old boarding school model, where you take kids from a community you want to crush and hand them over to poorly regulated christian schools where they work, convert, or die.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Off Topic
Florida's Dozier School For Boys: A True Horror Story

GREG ALLEN
October 15, 2012 6:10 PM ET

Over the past decade, hundreds of men have come forward to tell gruesome stories of abuse and terrible beatings they suffered at Florida's Dozier School for Boys, a notorious, state-run institution that closed last year after more than a century.

Known as the "White House Boys," these 300-some men were sent as boys to the reform school in the small panhandle town of Mariana in the 1950s and 1960s. They have joined together over the years to tell their stories of the violence administered in a small building on the school's grounds they knew as the White House.

Some 81 boys are known to have died there, but where their remains are buried is a mystery that researchers are now trying to solve.

"You didn't know when it was coming," says Jerry Cooper, who was sent to the school when he was 16. "These were not spankings. These were beatings, brutal beatings."

Cooper is 67 now. He was sent to what at the time was called the Florida School for Boys in 1961. He'd been running away from home and hitchhiking when he was picked up by an AWOL Marine driving a stolen car.

A county judge charged him with car theft and sent him to the school. Some of the kids like him were charged with crimes. Cooper says others were there for running away from home or because they didn't have families.

"A lot of orphans were there that did not have places at times and they were sent to Marianna. They weren't there for any crime whatsoever," Cooper says. "But we had many, many boys who was there for smoking in school, that were incorrigible. We weren't bad kids. We might have needed help in some respect. But that wasn't the place to find it, I'll tell you that right now."

A History Of Brutality

The Dozier School for Boys has been known by several names. It opened in 1900 as the Florida State Reform School on 1,400 acres west of Tallahassee. Throughout its history, the school was known for its harsh conditions and brutal treatment. Over the years, a succession of reports and commissions called for reforms, but little changed.

Cooper says he did his best to stay out of trouble, but after several weeks, he learned about the beatings firsthand. School staff got him out of bed at 2 a.m. one day and took him to the White House where he says they threw him on a bed, tied his feet and began beating him with a leather strap.

"The first blow lifted me a foot and a half off that bed," Cooper recalls. "And every time that strap would come down, you could hear the shuffle on the concrete because their shoes would slide. And you could hear the shoosh, shoosh, bam."

Cooper passed out, but a boy in the next room later told him he counted 135 lashes.

We weren't bad kids. We might have needed help in some respect. But that wasn't the place to find it, I'll tell you that right now.

As incredible as it may sound, Cooper's story is not uncommon. There are dozens of White House Boys with similar tales of beatings they received at the school in the 1950s and '60s. Several years ago, they began telling their stories in newspaper accounts and TV reports.

Florida's former Gov. Charlie Crist ordered a state investigation into the allegations of abuse, torture and deaths alleged at the school. The Florida Department of Law Enforcement interviewed the White House Boys and former staff but said it couldn't find enough evidence to support the allegations.

story contintues at https://www.npr.org/2012/10/15/16294177 ... rror-story
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dave from down under »

The Florida Department of Law Enforcement Just
White washed history
Again
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

DeSantis looking to win one more for the gipper...
Ron DeSantis @RonDeSantisFL wrote: It is our responsibility in Florida to carry the torch of freedom and defend our God-given rights...

...so fight we must.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Making sure you have the freedom to do what you're told.

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

A potential President DeSantis scares me much more than a 2nd term of tfg. No matter how it is framed, Florida is not some 365 'paradise' and life is not all good. Maybe for a quick getaway, but not year round.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

I'm afraid to go there, I have a trans niece and they might put me in jail because I paid her college tuition.

neeneko

Ron DeSantis

Post by neeneko »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:23 am
Off Topic
I don't think this is off topic at all. The various social, religious, and political forces that caused those schools to thrive have not gone away, and they are part of the 'good old days' that many of supporters yearn for. They were brutal because many people believed whoever was in there deserved to be treated that way and that the suffering would either save them or at least save their souls. They were a cornerstone of the 'law and order' conservatism.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Was marked offtopic cause not directly Desantis related, otherwise I agree totally.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

I remember when several furrin countries issues Do-Not-Travel warnings about FL, in the days when tourists in rental cars were targeted by pirates, rapists, and thieves.

Yeah, the good old days.

A bunch of us went to Ft Lauderdale for spring break one year. I enjoyed my first (and last) jai alai game but I didn’t enjoy being assaulted at a party we were all invited to. I’ll never go back. ;)
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

neeneko wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 6:21 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:23 am
Off Topic
I don't think this is off topic at all. The various social, religious, and political forces that caused those schools to thrive have not gone away, and they are part of the 'good old days' that many of supporters yearn for. They were brutal because many people believed whoever was in there deserved to be treated that way and that the suffering would either save them or at least save their souls. They were a cornerstone of the 'law and order' conservatism.
I suspect there was a sadism component.
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:54 pm I remember when several furrin countries issues Do-Not-Travel warnings about FL, in the days when tourists in rental cars were targeted by pirates, rapists, and thieves.

Yeah, the good old days.

A bunch of us went to Ft Lauderdale for spring break one year. I enjoyed my first (and last) jai alai game but I didn’t enjoy being assaulted at a party we were all invited to. I’ll never go back. ;)
I do recall that era when rental car companies in FL removed any visible barcodes/logos from their vehicles so their customers would would be less likely a target,
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dave from down under »

Top Gear in southern US.

Clarkson is such a :fingerwag:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ron DeSantis

Post by Luke »

This is going to be a BIG PROBLEM next year.

Laura Loomer retweeted this, it has no marking that it's a DEEP FAKE, and it honestly took me a few seconds to realize that's what it is. I'm hesitating to retweet it, it really should be removed unless it's clearly marked. But it's another example of the MAGA Civil War.

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

That is an incredibly well done deep fake. I wasn't entirely sure until the end "Please clap". :lol:

But you are right, this is going to become an increasing problem. RWNJs buy anything they see/hear.
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

His mouth doesn’t match the words.
neeneko

Ron DeSantis

Post by neeneko »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:42 pm I suspect there was a sadism component.
When your faith glorifies and depends on suffering, that goes without saying.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

orlylicious wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:54 am This is going to be a BIG PROBLEM next year.

Laura Loomer retweeted this, it has no marking that it's a DEEP FAKE, and it honestly took me a few seconds to realize that's what it is. I'm hesitating to retweet it, it really should be removed unless it's clearly marked. But it's another example of the MAGA Civil War.
Woah! There are some places where the mouth is out-of-sync with the words, but I only really noticed them because I was looking for signs of it being fake. Otherwise, it's pretty well done. Yeah, that kind of crap is going to be a problem. If they'll so it to other pubs, I don't want to see what they'll come up with for dems.
neeneko

Ron DeSantis

Post by neeneko »

neonzx wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:28 am That is an incredibly well done deep fake. I wasn't entirely sure until the end "Please clap". :lol:

But you are right, this is going to become an increasing problem. RWNJs buy anything they see/hear.
I think the RWNJs are already covered, they are already so heavily dependent on trust networks that the quality of the misinformation is not critical.

The worrying part is when they get good enough to fool moderates, liberals, and even worse : news outlets.
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:03 am
orlylicious wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 12:54 am This is going to be a BIG PROBLEM next year.

Woah! There are some places where the mouth is out-of-sync with the words, but I only really noticed them because I was looking for signs of it being fake.
Maybe because my hearing's bad, I'm hypersensitive to when mouth movements don't match words, even when only slightly off in timing or shape. I see it without seeing it, and it's disturbing. And I'm not a lip reader.
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 6:50 am Maybe because my hearing's bad, I'm hypersensitive to when mouth movements don't match words, even when only slightly off in timing or shape. I see it without seeing it, and it's disturbing. And I'm not a lip reader.
You are likely doing a type of lip reading. I do it. You are watching the mouth to help your brain clear up mishearing on vowels. (the Covid masking thing was hard for me). But yeah, on deep fakes, it is easy to catch when mouth doesn't match the words spoken. Badly done, it's like old Japanese Godzilla movies dubbed into English. 8-)
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 8:56 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Mar 06, 2023 7:54 pm I remember when several furrin countries issues Do-Not-Travel warnings about FL, in the days when tourists in rental cars were targeted by pirates, rapists, and thieves.

Yeah, the good old days.

I do recall that era when rental car companies in FL removed any visible barcodes/logos from their vehicles so their customers would would be less likely a target,

The entire "rental car robbery" thing was because the criminal knew, since these people had just gotten off of a plane, that they were unarmed. Most of the time. I know of at least one time the guy who rented the car was using it while his big truck was being repaired and ha had about as much firepower as an infantry platoon when the crooks tried to jack the wrong car.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”