Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Phoenix520 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:31 pm How is Rhonda not running up against the First Amendment with his anti-press bills? I know, he’s not Congress 🙄 but does it apply to him at all?
It should, but in his bill to make it easier to win a defamation case against reporters, part of the purpose of the bill is to create a SCOTUS challenge to the "actual malice" standard public figures must currently meet because of the court's ruling in Sullivan v. NYT. So they're expecting - and very much want - a court challenge so they can rewrite the standard for defamation cases by public figures across the whole country.

The other one, I dunno how they plan to justify that, except maybe to say that they're not requiring bloggers to get permission to write, nor are they fining bloggers if they write something the government doesn't like, they're just requiring them to register. No purpose for the registration is given.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:53 pm The other one, I dunno how they plan to justify that, except maybe to say that they're not requiring bloggers to get permission to write, nor are they fining bloggers if they write something the government doesn't like, they're just requiring them to register. No purpose for the registration is given.
:callonme: So the jack booted thugs know which doors to kick in?

It isn't like DeSantis doesn't have a history of doing that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Ron DeSantis

Post by keith »

Trying to set up a false equivalence between registering guns and speech. 2nd amendment and 1st amendment
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

keith wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:03 pm Trying to set up a false equivalence between registering guns and speech. 2nd amendment and 1st amendment
:think: I don't remember reading "well regulated" in the 1st Amendment.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:56 am THIS is why I usually skip this thread, fucking fascists. Savannah is looking better and better.
Dude, if I lived in Florida, Somalia would start looking better.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:56 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 3:53 pm The other one, I dunno how they plan to justify that, except maybe to say that they're not requiring bloggers to get permission to write, nor are they fining bloggers if they write something the government doesn't like, they're just requiring them to register. No purpose for the registration is given.
:callonme: So the jack booted thugs know which doors to kick in?

It isn't like DeSantis doesn't have a history of doing that.
If it was guns and not bloggers, they'd be going phucking crazy.

Flatpoint High
Occupation: professional pain in the ass, voice actor & keeper of the straight face
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Flatpoint High »

he's forming his own State militia. True, other States have their own State Militias. but remember, this is Fascist Florida
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/inves ... -military/
castigat ridendo mores.
VELOCIUS QUAM ASPARAGI COQUANTUR
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Flatpoint High wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:43 pm he's forming his own State militia. True, other States have their own State Militias. but remember, this is Fascist Florida
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/inves ... -military/
Indeed he is -

The Baffler: The Sunshine Imperium

The militarism of Ron DeSantis
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

To protect us from what? Drag queens?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
much ado wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:13 pm If you don't know about Balloonfest '86 in Cleveland, Ohio, you should look at this video. There are several other videos on Youtube.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cUWozvJ-Ic0
I remember ballonfest. :roll: I wasn't part of the org. I was involved with Ribfest (also downtown charitable event). They (the elders) wanted me to run for President of the org. That's all cool, until one of the elders got a little too personal. So there ended my involvement with charitable causes in c-town.

But I was not injured by any of those fallen balloons.
Dr. Ken

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

im glad to see the governor of florida is hard at work for floridians by traveling to iowa to promote his program using florida taxpayer money to transport people in texas to massachussetts
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

What a crock of BS. No, the residents of Martha's Vineyard did not call the Army to have these DeSantis drop-offs "deported" (Army cannot do that). They were provided shelter and food and safe haven by locals.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Meanwhile, in the Florida Legislature...

Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

:lol:
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Oh, sure. I do poke fun at friends IN PRIVATE. Sure, that is a sign of like/love and I get it back on the return side. But I don't do that in mixed-company/public. LOL
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Apparently, DeSantis has now said he does not support the blogger registration bill. I posted this to my blogs last night:
I just learned that during a recent press conference Ron DeSantis commented on the Florida Blogger Registration Bill. According to Business Insider, he said:

“That’s not anything that I’ve ever supported. I don’t support it, I’ve been very clear about what we are doing,” DeSantis said of the bill during a press conference on Tuesday.

The bill has received a lot of press — especially in the blogging community, understandably — and has been widely criticized. One perhaps surprising opponent of the bill is former Speaker of the House, Newt Gingrich:

Screenshot of a tweet from Newt Gingrich saying: The idea that bloggers criticizing a politician should register with the government is insane. it is an embarrassment that it is a Republican state legislator in Florida who introduced a bill to that effect. He should withdraw it immediately.

Neither DeSantis nor a spokesman gave any indication if his lack of support would result in a veto if the bill passes the legislature.

“As usual, the governor will consider the merits of a bill in final form if and when it passes the legislature,” the spokesman told Insider on Friday
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ron DeSantis

Post by Luke »

This is pretty funny, they took Ronny's "podium" away. MAGAts like Alex are going to be typically nasty all the way down the stretch. :(

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
neonzx

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

LOL :lol: BRING THE PODIUM (lectern) BACK!

:rotflmao:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Ron DeSantis

Post by Luke »

:lol: right? IDK what Stern's Twitter is, I always got his account confused with a birfer's who was using his name... but somebody please tweet him, he will laugh as our resident podium vs. lectern expert :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

Rhonda sightins <== vernacular, not misspelled

Dr. Ken

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dr. Ken »

This is seriously the weirdest thing I've seen today.

The ball speed doesn't even match the throws.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke

Ron DeSantis

Post by Luke »

:rotflmao:

There is actually a Twitter account --
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious Mar 12
Replying to @mitchellvii and @alexbruesewitz
It's funny nobody onstage knows it's a lectern, not a podium, that was removed. You stand ON a podium. You stand BEHIND a lectern.

I'm a Lectern @NotPodium
Replying to @Orly_licious @mitchellvii and @alexbruesewitz
🥰
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Dr. Ken wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 1:19 pm This is seriously the weirdest thing I've seen today.

The ball speed doesn't even match the throws.
Softball interview.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”