Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

I've come to hate this state. Speaking of New Mexico (in another thread) I'm scoping out ABQ this fall. I may not come back.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Off Topic
I have to ask, what does that biker dude think about NM? :daydreaming:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:13 pm He's not protecting anyone's freedumb anymore, he's actively trying to prevent anyone from taking any steps to not get COVID, save asking God to protect you.

That's just evil.
So much for the GOP stated belief that medical decisions should be between you and your doctor without the government in the way.
101010 :towel:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

New long-form profile of Desantis. His college baseball teammate: “Ron is the most selfish person I’ve ever interacted with. He has always loved embarrassing and humiliating people. I’m speaking for others - he was the biggest dick we knew.”
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I hate that mother trucker almost as much as I hate trump
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

He's a loud, abusive, spoiled, selfish, pig-ignorant bully.

No wonder Trumpmerica loves him so much.

And it shows how far behind the zeitgeist The New Yorker is if they're trying to suggest these traits are negative somehow.

We're pilgrims in an unholy land.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:36 am He's a loud, abusive, spoiled, selfish, pig-ignorant bully.
The only qualifications the MAGA world requires.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

northland10 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:24 pm
TheNewSaint wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:36 am He's a loud, abusive, spoiled, selfish, pig-ignorant bully.
The only qualifications the MAGA world requires.
No, must be able to do all above while fellating TFG.

:sick:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Poot fight, MAGA edition.
2024 intrigue: DeSantis declines to ask Trump for reelection endorsement
DeSantis’ reluctance to seek the former president’s public support comes as the Florida governor prepares for a likely 2024 White House bid.

Florida Republican Gov. Ron DeSantis has plenty of advantages ahead of his November reelection. More than $100 million in the bank. A growing statewide Republican voter advantage. Massive popularity with the conservative base.

What DeSantis doesn’t need and isn’t requesting: former President Donald Trump’s endorsement.

According to four people connected to the governor and former president, DeSantis has not asked Trump for a formal endorsement and isn’t planning to. It’s a clear sign that DeSantis, who more than four years ago was a little-known congressman from northeast Florida, has risen high in the GOP stratosphere.

DeSantis’ reluctance to seek the former president’s public support comes as the Florida governor prepares for a likely 2024 White House bid, even if Trump also runs in 2024 — setting up a potential clash between two powerful figures in the GOP.
:snippity:
https://www.politico.com/news/2022/06/2 ... n-00040942
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Add to that, this...

Trump World wants to ‘burn DeSantis down’: 5 takeaways from New Yorker’s DeSantis profile

Let 'em fight, Clem!
The article also says those in Trump's orbit are trying to "burn DeSantis down" as the governor's growing popularity within the GOP rivals the former president.

Just maybe the two will kill each other off.

Trump derails DeSantis' reelection in November and that contributes to the rest of the Republican Party pushing him over the side before 2024.

:thankyou:
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
northland10

Post by northland10 »

DeSantis is not taking the Road to Canossa and prostrating himself at Trump's feet? Disloyal!!! Heresy!!!

:popcorn:
raison de arizona

A lawsuit has been filed against DeSantis’ attempt to prevent corporations in Florida from utilizing DEI frameworks and their like on First Amendment grounds.
https://www.documentcloud.org/documents ... v-desantis
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn:

“corporations are people, my friend”
raison de arizona

Gov. DeSantis vetoes $2M funding for low-income birth control program
This is the second year in a row the program failed to make the multi-billion dollar budget.

Among the many line items vetoed by Gov. Ron DeSantis was $2 million for a birth control program aimed at helping low-income women.

The Hormonal Long-acting Reversible Contraception (HLARC) Program was struck from the state budget. The program would have been used to provide contraceptive care to women and girls from low-income areas across Florida.
:snippity:
https://www.wtsp.com/article/news/healt ... 8011d3600a
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Nice timing. :cantlook:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

More cannon fodder!!!!!
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 6:59 pm Nice timing. :cantlook:
It was actually two weeks ago, but yeah, people are pointing it out. Coupled with the 15-week ban going in next week… not a great look. Or great. Depends on the audience.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

It's just natalism at this point.
raison de arizona

I hear they banned Skittles as well.
Jack Petocz @Jack_Petocz wrote: Remember when Don’t Say Gay was being passed, and Republicans tried so hard to frame it as a bill prohibiting sex-ed.

Well the law goes into effect in 2 days, and teachers are literally being ordered to scrape off rainbow safe-space stickers from their classroom doors.

In the same district, teachers in queer relationships are being advised to remove any family portraits. Staff can’t even wear rainbow clothing.

We always knew what this was about, silencing LGBTQ+ people.
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/teacher ... T6TVWPDGA/
raison de arizona

It’s possible that Florida is teaching bullshit in their schools. I’m sure everyone is stunned. The Miami Herald has a pdf of a bunch more slides they are using, but I think I’m paywalled. Here’s one though.
C3C312DA-85D5-4C25-A8CF-9041B2316BFA.jpeg
C3C312DA-85D5-4C25-A8CF-9041B2316BFA.jpeg (477.92 KiB) Viewed 751 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Well for what its worth the Washington quote is true. Dunno about the other, didn't look

https://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-r ... avery-1786
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:31 pm Well for what its worth the Washington quote is true. Dunno about the other, didn't look

https://www.gilderlehrman.org/history-r ... avery-1786
Might you agree that teaching from that quote in isolation is misleading, at best? From your link:
Washington never spoke out publicly against slavery. But in this private letter to fellow Virginian John Mercer, dated September 9, 1786, and written at a time when he held 250 men, women, and children in slavery, Washington avows his dislike of the institution of slavery, an institution that violated the ideal of freedom and equality: “I never mean . . . to possess another slave by purchase; it being among my first wishes to see some plan adopted by which slavery in this Country may be abolished.”
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Jun 29, 2022 5:37 pm Might you agree that teaching from that quote in isolation is misleading, at best? From your link:
Absolutely, it needs further context than on that Slide. THe page I linkted to talks prettu well about it, along as giving the text of the full letter it came from
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.businessinsider.com/ron-des ... ort-2022-6
Ron DeSantis sees the January 6 committee hearings as a way of getting former President Donald Trump indicted, an anonymous source told Politico, as rumors continue to grow of the Florida governor's ambitions for a 2024 run for president.

"That's where his head is at. He thinks the goal here is to get main justice to go after him," A Republican consultant described as familiar with DeSantis' thinking told Politico. "That's what Ron thinks this is all about."'

DeSantis's campaign office told Insider the quote from the Politico story was false.

"The hearings are a total circus meant to distract from Biden's failures. Quoting unnamed sources to detail the Governor's thinking when he has clearly stated that this is a farce is a predictable tactic from POLITICO and the corporate media," a spokesperson told Insider. "This is another embarrassing effort to distract from Democrat failures."

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”