Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

After spending two years demeaning, vilifying, and calling teachers unpatriotic woke groomers, Desantis now throws a few bucks at them for votes.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Can we have a law to file complaints about the governor?
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Gregg wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 7:27 pm Can we have a law to file complaints about the governor?
:prettyplease:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Oct 21, 2022 5:17 pm Being an educator in Florida just got a lot more dangerous.
Alex Wagner Tonight @WagnerTonight wrote: As of yesterday, anyone can file a complaint against any Florida public school teacher for anything they deem as indoctrinating their children about race or gender, and thereby cost that teacher not just their job but their ability to teach at public schools in Florida.
No teacher, of any gender or persuasion, had better mention wedding plans to any other being of any gender or persuasion in Florida schools in the future.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

Well, it will be impossible to teach history or biology in Florida going forward.

DeSantis is going to have to expand the ability of non-teachers to teach to have anyone in front of the classrooms. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Oct 22, 2022 10:51 am Well, it will be impossible to teach history or biology in Florida going forward.

DeSantis is going to have to expand the ability of non-teachers to teach to have anyone in front of the classrooms. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:
Also, forget about most Shakespeare. Those stories were full of depictions of gender role issues, including cross-dressing; socially acceptable or normalized hatred for Moors, Jews, and Spaniards; and, oh, I seem to recall some plot revolving around someone being 'none of woman born'.

Hell, speaking of the gender role/crossdressing thing, there goes Tolkein because of that damn Eowyn.

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Ron DeSantis

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

"I am no man!"
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
sad-cafe

Ron DeSantis

Post by sad-cafe »

I live in kansas and if these dumbasses elect Derick Schmidt. I am done teaching. I will retire early

and those fuckin judges better give us back the student loan forgiveness
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

Word for the wise. Which DeSantis isn't. After his flailing about last night, it's a wonder the rwnjs were still singing his praises on their radio and tv shows this morning. Which they were. Anyway.
Ron Filipkowski 🇺🇦 @RonFilipkowski wrote: How many mail-in ballots will be rejected this year with Republicans new voter suppression laws because of “signature verification?” Here is Desantis’s signatures on official documents. He better vote in person.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I just hope my state doesn't get more anal on signature verifications than they have been in the past. My signature has changed a lot in the 20 years I've been getting advanced ballots. (As long as I vote in every Presidential-election year I automatically get ballots for the next election cycle.) When I signed it the other day, I tried to make it look more like it used to, but here's hoping it goes through!
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Tue Oct 25, 2022 5:13 pm I just hope my state doesn't get more anal on signature verifications than they have been in the past. My signature has changed a lot in the 20 years I've been getting advanced ballots. (As long as I vote in every Presidential-election year I automatically get ballots for the next election cycle.) When I signed it the other day, I tried to make it look more like it used to, but here's hoping it goes through!
I have fairly severe arthritis in my hands so I have the same problem. I made a copy of my current voter registration signature. I pull it out and practice before signing the envelope. If you're not sure what yours looked like before, can you apply for a new signature card? At least that's one easy thing to do here in Floriduh.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Don't have a link but I'm hearing from clips on Youtube that DeSantis is rethinking his '24 run for POTUS so as to not challenge trump. I guess he's been given notice that if he dares run against the OSG, hell will rain down on him the likes of which Hillary never saw.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Suranis

Ron DeSantis

Post by Suranis »

Or the private polls have come in saying that Christ landed a body blow with DeSantis refusing to say he wouldn't run in 2 years so he wants to reassure people he didn't mean it. For the next week or so.
Hic sunt dracones
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 8:30 amI have fairly severe arthritis in my hands so I have the same problem. I made a copy of my current voter registration signature. I pull it out and practice before signing the envelope. If you're not sure what yours looked like before, can you apply for a new signature card? At least that's one easy thing to do here in Floriduh.
Thanks! I'll have to check into that. I did find out that my ballot has been accepted, so that's good
Ben-Prime

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

So as some of you may know, I joined the Foreign Service from a 10-year stint working for a regional level special-layer-of-government-agency in Florida, specifically, the Broward County "Region" (Broward is big enough that it has since the current incarnation of the program been its own Region; Miami combines with Monroe County because Monroe county is tiny but would likewise otherwise be on its own, etc.) of the State Workforce System.

Each Region has its own governing board which sets up its own executive agency to do the hands-on work under a patchwork of state and federal laws bound by its own charter. Except under state law, those boards can be disbanded and the chief executives of each executive arm fired by the Governor under the powers we have seen this particular Guv use elsewhere.

When his predecessor, Governor Skeletor, was in power, there were constant rumors that the State was going to punish the big city-regions (most of which are, yanno, Team Blue) by merging them, forcing reorganizations that will cut staff, shrink boards, fire CEOs, and force realignment and probably the proverbial 'towing of the lion'.

I have fairly reliable sources in two different regions of the state workforce system in Florida -- actually, more than that, but some haven't gotten back to me yet -- who tell me there are now whispers that DeStuntis is forging ahead with this plan. A lot of workforce agencies in Florida are going to be gutted even more than they already are.

As a reformed Libertarian who still leans left-small-l-libertarian in philosophy, this was an organization I did not consider it mortally or ethically wrong to serve -- the point of these boards and their executive arms is and has been to reduce the payout of other state and federal benefits like TANF (welfare), Medicaid, Food Stamps, Unemployment Insurance, etc., by helping the recipients of those benefits *skill up and promote into gainful and higher-waged employment*. I spent a decade being a watchman of tax dollars by giving grades to the public and private schools who were our training partners, accepting grants to train and place our customers, and I scored them on how well they did that and recommended severing contracts of those who failed to score well enough.

But this is considered a Blue Program most popular in Blue Regions, so Governor Pettybastard is going to cut them down a peg. And while I walked away four years ago, I am heartbroken and angry at this. :mad:

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

What a nightmare Ben, that sucks.

Also, if you choose to watch this ad, have a barf bag ready. It's jfc that bad.
Benny Johnson @bennyjohnson wrote: Ron DeSantis' new ad just dropped DAYS before elections and it will bring you CHILLS. 🔥

"So God made a fighter"
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Annrc
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Annrc »

:shock:
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

:sick: :sick: :sick:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

:vomit:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:45 pm Also, if you choose to watch this ad, have a barf bag ready. It's jfc that bad.
Benny Johnson @bennyjohnson wrote: Ron DeSantis' new ad just dropped DAYS before elections and it will bring you CHILLS. 🔥

"So God made a fighter"
:sick: :sick: :sick:

Gods, the arrogance is astounding - and nauseating!
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Carrying the tablets down the mountain, and the people, all the big burly people, tears in their eyes...
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

Apple or Samsung :?:

:twisted:
sugar magnolia

Ron DeSantis

Post by sugar magnolia »

God needs to smite that motherfucker for that ad.
Dr. Ken

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dr. Ken »

The incredible hubris on these assholes.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gupwalla

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gupwalla »

raison de arizona wrote: Fri Nov 04, 2022 1:45 pm

"So God made a fighter"
Ron DeSanctimoneous.

I’ve got to go with Trump on that one. Sometimes he’s just right.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”