These people suck. They are bad people.
Dr. Ken

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
SlimSloSlider

Post by SlimSloSlider »

Safe in the knowledge that the FBI will “neither confirm nor deny” anything about an ongoing investigation, DeSantis accuses others of political posturing while doing exactly that.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

1,000,000 tests expired. Americans are desperate for tests.

DeSantis did this on purpose.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
LM K

Post by LM K »

Dr. Ken wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:38 pm
I watched only enough to see/hear DeSantis' medical state.

He appears to be feeling better.

Dammit.
Lani

Post by Lani »

LM K wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:05 pm 1,000,000 tests expired. Americans are desperate for tests.

No kidding. Like I wrote, he wanted to reduce testing so there would be fewer cases to report. I wish he could be charged for damaging government property.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Lani wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:12 pm
LM K wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:05 pm 1,000,000 tests expired. Americans are desperate for tests.

No kidding. Like I wrote, he wanted to reduce testing so there would be fewer cases to report. I wish he could be charged for damaging government property.
The Biden admin will be sending free tests to those who request them soon.

I doubt DeSantis is happy about that.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

At a retail price of $15/unit that makes a loss to the tax payer in the range of $10 millions.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They will probably extend them. I had home tests that I used for my return the USA test while I was in Britain last week. When I went to the online app to take the test there were several notices that the expiration date on the box was not binding and that the US had extended the 6 month from date to 1 year.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Behind paywall, so I'll quote a bunch.
https://www.miamiherald.com/news/corona ... 08147.html

If you don’t have symptoms, don’t get tested for COVID, Florida health officials say
The Florida Department of Health issued new guidelines Thursday attempting to clarify when Floridians should seek a COVID-19 test. In a one-page document, the department broke test-seekers into three groups: those at significant risk for severe COVID-19 who are showing symptoms, those not at significant risk for severe outcomes who are showing symptoms and the asymptomatic. According to the guidance, vulnerable populations who are showing symptoms “should” get tested. Those not at significant risk for severe COVID-19 may “consider” getting tested. And for the asymptomatic, “COVID-19 testing is unlikely to have any clinical benefits.” “When you have an endemic respiratory virus, the default has got to be, you live your life,” Gov. Ron DeSantis said at a press conference in West Palm Beach on Thursday. “Then, if you end up getting sick, test to see what it is.”

Thomas Unnasch, a distinguished professor at the University of South Florida’s College of Public Health, said the state’s approach would make sense but for one key detail: There are not enough effective treatments to go around right now to help vulnerable people infected with COVID-19. Unnasch noted a study that showed two key types of monoclonal antibodies, manufactured by Regeneron and Eli Lilly, are not effective against the omicron variant of the virus. Other treatments, such as antiviral pills manufactured by Pfizer and Merck, are on the way and appear effective against omicron, he noted. But they won’t appear fast enough to help Florida with the current surge. That means testing asymptomatic people will remain a key way to protect the vulnerable, he said.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Like DeSantis cares about protecting the vulnerable.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I. Just. Can't.

"I feel fine, despite my spouse having just been diagnosed with COVID. I think I'll go walk around the grocery store maskless, maybe linger in the pharmacy section looking for symptom relief for the wife. Then I'll handle a lot of boxed cold and flu products as I read their ingredients. What could happen?"
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Thomas Unnasch, a distinguished professor at the University of South Florida’s College of Public Health
USF can expect to have its budget slashed next year.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

His response to the tests expiring
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Gregg wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 12:24 am They will probably extend them. I had home tests that I used for my return the USA test while I was in Britain last week. When I went to the online app to take the test there were several notices that the expiration date on the box was not binding and that the US had extended the 6 month from date to 1 year.
They were already extended once.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:clap: :clap: :clap:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Trump takes thinly veiled shot at 'gutless' DeSantis over Covid booster

https://www.cnn.com/2022/01/12/politics ... index.html
Former President Donald Trump appeared to take a shot at Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis over his refusal to disclose whether he's received a Covid-19 booster shot in a new interview with the far-right channel One America News.

Trump, who announced at an event last month that he had received a booster shot in addition to being vaccinated, decried "gutless" politicians who have declined to be similarly transparent with their own booster status. His comments came just weeks after DeSantis sidestepped a question about being boosted during a December appearance on Fox Business -- a response that his staff later claimed the governor had given because it was a "private medical" matter.

Trump's comments come as the former President has made no secret of his frustration with DeSantis during private conversations with aides and allies. As previously reported by CNN, DeSantis has drawn Trump's ire for refusing to publicly rule out a 2024 presidential bid in a GOP primary that also includes the former President.

"I watched a couple politicians be interviewed and one of the questions was, 'Did you get a booster?' Because they had the vaccine and they're answering like -- in other words, the answer is 'yes' but they don't want to say it, because they're gutless," Trump told OAN.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

"I watched a couple politicians be interviewed and one of the questions was, 'Did you get a booster?' Because they had the vaccine and they're answering like -- in other words, the answer is 'yes' but they don't want to say it, because they're gutless," Trump told OAN.
As we all know, Trump is virtually always wrong. Here he is not. I hope he keeps this line of attack going.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Notaperson wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 2:30 pm
As we all know, Trump is virtually always wrong. Here he is not. I hope he keeps this line of attack going.
Trump, who announced at an event last month that he had received a booster shot in addition to being vaccinated, decried "gutless" politicians who have declined to be similarly transparent with their own booster status.
Funny how Trump pounds the pubs into being "gutless" and then complains when they turn out exactly as "gutless" as he needed them to be, isn't it?
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

He's so brave himself. :lovestruck:

Except on days ending with a Y. He has been a physical coward his entire life, and has no clue in the world what it means to have some guts. :whistle:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He;s attacking the guy whom he is afraid will beat him in the Republican Primaries. He has to get them out of the way or he cant actually run next time hecause he can't handle losing.
Hic sunt dracones
Lani

Post by Lani »

Suranis wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:35 pm He;s attacking the guy whom he is afraid will beat him in the Republican Primaries. He has to get them out of the way or he cant actually run next time hecause he can't handle losing.
:yeahthat:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Jim

Post by Jim »

Suranis wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:35 pm He;s attacking the guy whom he is afraid will beat him in the Republican Primaries. He has to get them out of the way or he cant actually run next time hecause he can't handle losing.
Is DeSantis man enough to fight back or will he pull a Cruz and slink off with his tail tucked. Inquiring minds want to know.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Jim wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 6:55 pm
Is DeSantis man enough to fight back or will he pull a Cruz and slink off with his tail tucked. Inquiring minds want to know.
DeathSantis will politely, and so civilly, make nice to trump whilst sticking a shiv in his back. Et tu, Brute?

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”