Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

OK, not a fan of Disney, can count on one hand what I know about Disney — what did Disney do to attract the ire du jour of fascist America?
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Came out against DeathSentence's "Don't Say Gay" bill.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:45 pm Came out against DeathSentence's "Don't Say Gay" bill.
Thanks. I should have guessed that.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Refused to pay royalties to Star Wars writers
Has everybody heard about the bird?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Apr 19, 2022 10:45 pm Came out against DeathSentence's "Don't Say Gay" bill.
Because that's the way we roll in DeathSantistan, where views that oppose those of the Satrap are guaranteed to bring down his wrath upon you.

Look upon my works, ye Disney, and despair!
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I’d be real curious to compare the list of the publishers of banned math books with the list of the publishers of the approved math books. My guess is that is the real story.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:yeahthat:

It's all about shoveling other people's money into the maw's of one's corporate barons in DeathSantistan.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

BTW, did you hear the one about DeSantis wanting to punish Twitter for not bending over for Elon Musk? Not sure I've seen it here.
The Recount @therecount wrote: Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-FL) threatens Twitter after it activated “poison pill” plan to prevent Elon Musk’s acquisition:

“We’re gonna be looking at ways the state of Florida potentially can be holding these Twitter board of directors accountable for breaching their fiduciary duty.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Wait, whaa?? Is Twitter a Florida corporation? I don't think so.... :crazy:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

The Disney thing is actually a chilling abuse of power. The Reedy Creek Development District was for its time a very innovative solution to a problem any company wanting to build something as massive as the Disney Complex, bot for the company and for the state of Florida. Disney paid for the construction and upkeep of all the infrastructure that turned a piece of swampland twice the size of Manhattan , all of it, something that any other city in America would be throwing money at a company to build something on that scale. And Disney doesn't pay a lot taxes and fees on that huge hunk of land but they do pay every dime of what the services costs, and their services are government agencies of a government Disney completely controls. The Police, are real police, just as real a Tampa beat cop, paid by Disney. Fire Department, the best equipped fire department in Florida, on the Mouse. All the planning and zoning and development and street maintenance and replacing stop signs and fixing the sidewalks... Disney ultimately pays them. Disney does probably save money by paying straight out pocket as opposed to paying scattered local governments, but that is why they did it, so they wouldn't have to spend forever buying off the county engineer to get those plans back, or have to suck up to some sheriff who needs his "special assessments" upped, the ones in the brown paper bag, because again, the cops work for Disney. Its just part of Disney is running what is legally the township, city, whatever you want to call it but call it both the local government and Disney run.

Trust me when I say, Florida is getting a bargain on this. They are top notch services, all fully funded, the newest equipment the finest offices and money is basically no object. No need to bribe the locals, they work for you already. Like all municipal governments, sometimes they want to buy big ticket items and they issue bonds, so they owe some some money (3 billion and change) and as it stands, Disney will pay every penny of that. Unless the state abolishes all of these special districts created (oh so conveniently) before 1968.

They had to do the before 1968 thing, because as I said, it was a damn fine idea and they did it all over the state on a much smaller scale and let the big pockets companies set up special tax districts of their own, all over. Cancelling them all would be utter chaos and would bankrupt every county in Florida, so no, just the 5 or so before 1968, a few orange farms and Disney.

As it is, that # billion is gonna get dumped on two towns in the Reedy Creek district, with 53 residents. So those towns will owe the bonds but to accept paying them they have to vote to raise their taxes to cover them. So good luck with that, it'll end up going to the two counties who both don't have anywhere near the money to pay it, FFS Disney paid for all this stuff and same problem, in order to pay the bonds the residents are going to have to vote an appropriation, So those two counties are bankrupt.

But the most chilling thing of all, the chaos and disaster here is all because one man got butt hurt that Disney was going to stop donating to Republican Campaign Funds. Human Penis Impersonator Ron DeSantis is willing to reign fire and brimstone down on Florida (don't worry about Disney, they're gonna be fine) because they cut off their wink and nod bribes to him.

I don't know what they called that at Harvard Law where the Governor got his fancy Yankee schooling, but from out here in The Well Armed Bunker Complex, we called that extortion.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Gregg wrote: Wed Apr 20, 2022 6:06 pm The Disney thing is actually a chilling abuse of power. The Reedy Creek Development District was for its time a very innovative solution to a problem any company wanting to build something as massive as the Disney Complex, bot for the company and for the state of Florida. Disney paid for the construction and upkeep of all the infrastructure that turned a piece of swampland twice the size of Manhattan , all of it, something that any other city in America would be throwing money at a company to build something on that scale. And Disney doesn't pay a lot taxes and fees on that huge hunk of land but they do pay every dime of what the services costs, and their services are government agencies of a government Disney completely controls.

:snippity:
I don't know what they called that at Harvard Law where the Governor got his fancy Yankee schooling, but from out here in The Well Armed Bunker Complex, we called that extortion.
:yeahthat:

Driving me crazy that MSM consistently glosses over what is happening, leaving out the part that the justification for what's going is a Putinesque/TFG-esque "They disagreed with me with words, so they must be punished with anti-democratic actions.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

tek

Post by tek »

When all these damaged, uneducated kids become adults, these assholes will be long gone from Florida.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

FL released some info regarding the rejected textbooks. It is here: https://www.fldoe.org/academics/standar ... materials/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

Child props at DeSantis' signing of the "stop woke" bill
MIA_DESANTIS_HIALEAH_DAV3.jpg
MIA_DESANTIS_HIALEAH_DAV3.jpg (211.37 KiB) Viewed 345 times
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

A fine selection of people who really want to be there.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

tek wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:09 am Child props at DeSantis' signing of the "stop woke" bill

The only person even close to smiling is the white guy with glasses. Everyone else is looking rather dismayed. Certainly looks like a handpicked group.
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Wow. Rhonda is having a two-fer week. First he strikes a blow against Disney, and then he threatens one against Twitter.

What part of non meddling no mandate small government don't you understand Rhon?
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

tek wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 6:09 am Child props at DeSantis' signing of the "stop woke" bill

Estiveoshot_20220422_185300.jpg
Image Image Image Image
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Ew.

I was thinking because white guy has the only different sign, he was the choreographer and scene director.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Random thoughts:

One child was smart enough to completely hide his face.

The person in the pink dress is not a child and she's not wearing some blah blend-in outfit.

The child on pink dress's right looks pretty put out about the whole thing.

Do the kids in front of Mr. Child Molestor have to return their brand new shirts?

There are only two people looking straight at the camera, and both of them look as if they'd rather be somewhere else.

Actually, except for Mr Child Molestor, no one is smiling (I am not certain what I would call the expression on Pink Dress's face, but it's not a smile).

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”