Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
Gregg

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

Down there even apple pie is suspect, better make it Moon Pie. Also approved how many guns does a klavern need for a cross burning if different kleagles, dragons and exalted cyclops are there, please describe proper ammunition needs to follow up and how many cars finish a NASCAR race is three engines fail, one leaves race because of a single car crash and 6 cars are damaged pushing the colored boy into the wall?

The get even better once you get to 2nd grade.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Sun May 08, 2022 1:40 am Word problems are the very best way to get students to relate the mechanical operations of mathematics to a practical use. If talking about USA Soccer gets them interested, go for it.
this. I noticed over the years math classes I took spent more time connecting problems to real life datasets/topics and I found it a lot more engaging. Keeping math completely abstract does nothing but filter for only the most abstractly interested people.

It also gives students a better familiarity with how to interpert other people's statistical claims, which is becoming an increasingly important skill.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

9651C52F-1130-416A-BE34-5FEC81F5926E.jpeg
9651C52F-1130-416A-BE34-5FEC81F5926E.jpeg (123.71 KiB) Viewed 942 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Whoever made that has obviously never run afoul of Disney's Department of Intellectual Property Litigation.

humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

Yep.

I recall reading an article in the Wall Street Journal in the early 90s. A mom-and-pop child care facility in Florida hired a painter to paint the walls with many of the Disney cartoon characters. The facility had some generic name, and Disney was no part of the name.

Several years went by and they received the dreaded "cease and desist" letter from Disney's legal department, threatening them with all sorts of infringements and demanding more than a pound of flesh.

Anyway, Hanna Barbera and Warner Bros. caught wind of this impolitic letter from Disney, and offered to repaint their entire facility with their cartoon characters. In addition, an executive from one of the companies (perhaps a second one from the other) arranged for a private party with the children. They brought cartoons and a truckload of toys and stuffed animals with their various characters.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Off Topic
My friend had a bakery and a woman brought in a paper napkin with a Disney character on it to be duplicated on the cake. It took less than a month to get the letter from Disney and cost her a ton of money. She quit doing birthday cakes.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Off Topic
sugar magnolia wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 3:32 pm
Off Topic
My friend had a bakery and a woman brought in a paper napkin with a Disney character on it to be duplicated on the cake. It took less than a month to get the letter from Disney and cost her a ton of money. She quit doing birthday cakes.
How did they find out? Oh, lemme guess... Pics ended up on social media. :?: :roll:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:46 pm
Off Topic
Off Topic
How did they find out? Oh, lemme guess... Pics ended up on social media. :?: :roll:
Nope. This was 25 years ago. Someone reported her directly as far as she could ever find out.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:50 pm
neonzx wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 4:46 pm
Off Topic
Off Topic
Nope. This was 25 years ago. Someone reported her directly as far as she could ever find out.
Ha! They have surveillance devices embedded in toys, DVDs, tapes, clothing and other merch common to birthday parties, just to make sure any Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck that shows up at a party is an officially licensed one. Beware the Mouse, for the Mouse is everywhere! :rotflmao:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

True?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:51 pm

True?
It ain't because Disney paid him off.

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Yes that is true. Sort of.
Gov. Ron DeSantis’ net worth grew nearly 20% in his second year as the state’s top executive.

With his only listed income a taxpayer-funded salary of $134,181, DeSantis reported a net worth of $348,832 as of Dec. 31, 2020, up from $291,449 at the end of 2019, according to a financial disclosure posted Monday on the Florida Commission on Ethics website.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2021/ ... -grows-20/

Well, the $52M probably isn't true. I understand they are assigning campaign fund raising to net worth. I'd like to see an authoritative EOY 2021 figure, I doubt it is anywhere near $52M.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Gov. DeSantis signs legislation mandating ‘Victims of Communism Day’ and required education

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/52 ... education/
The Governor wants to make Che Guevara T-shirts less fashionable.

Signing legislation that requires students to learn about the suffering communism has caused, Gov. Ron DeSantis says he’s acting to stamp out the ignorance that’s made Che Guevara T-shirts fashionable on college campuses.

The Governor was in Miami Monday morning to sign the measure (HB 395) requiring him and subsequent Governors to declare Nov. 7 “Victims of Communism Day.” In addition to the observance, the legislation requires all Florida students in government classes get at least 45 minutes of instruction on the “discredited ideology” DeSantis said is enjoying a rebirth in popularity.

“You can see on college campuses students flying the hammer and sickle from the old Soviet Union flag,” DeSantis said at a ceremony in Miami’s Freedom Tower, which was a gateway for many Cubans fleeing Fidel Castro’s Cuba. “You will see students that will have T-shirts with (Cuban revolutionary) Che Guevara on a T-shirt. … That, to me, speaks of a tremendous ignorance about what those individuals represented in the evils that communism inflicted on people throughout the world. And so our goal here is to stand for the truth.”

Nov. 7 was the anniversary of the day in 1917 when Vladimir Lenin stormed the Russian capital to overthrow the government, spreading a worldwide movement. It’s a movement DeSantis and successive speakers Monday said has caused suffering that should never be forgotten.

Miami-Dade College President Madeline Pumariega said the Legislature’s action would keep Guevara T-shirts off her campus.

“This bill is so important because what you don’t recognize and don’t learn about, you tend to repeat,” she said. “So, (we will be) always keeping front and center that there are victims of communism.” :snippity:
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Hence the opposition to teaching that racism is bad.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:55 pm Yes that is true. Sort of.
Gov. Ron DeSantis’ net worth grew nearly 20% in his second year as the state’s top executive.

With his only listed income a taxpayer-funded salary of $134,181, DeSantis reported a net worth of $348,832 as of Dec. 31, 2020, up from $291,449 at the end of 2019, according to a financial disclosure posted Monday on the Florida Commission on Ethics website.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/2021/ ... -grows-20/

Well, the $52M probably isn't true. I understand they are assigning campaign fund raising to net worth. I'd like to see an authoritative EOY 2021 figure, I doubt it is anywhere near $52M.
If he only went up to $5 million, that's bad enough.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neonzx wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:18 pm Gov. DeSantis signs legislation mandating ‘Victims of Communism Day’ and required education

https://floridapolitics.com/archives/52 ... education/
The Governor wants to make Che Guevara T-shirts less fashionable.

Signing legislation that requires students to learn about the suffering communism has caused, Gov. Ron DeSantis says he’s acting to stamp out the ignorance that’s made Che Guevara T-shirts fashionable on college campuses.

The Governor was in Miami Monday morning to sign the measure (HB 395) requiring him and subsequent Governors to declare Nov. 7 “Victims of Communism Day.” In addition to the observance, the legislation requires all Florida students in government classes get at least 45 minutes of instruction on the “discredited ideology” DeSantis said is enjoying a rebirth in popularity.

“You can see on college campuses students flying the hammer and sickle from the old Soviet Union flag,” DeSantis said at a ceremony in Miami’s Freedom Tower, which was a gateway for many Cubans fleeing Fidel Castro’s Cuba. “You will see students that will have T-shirts with (Cuban revolutionary) Che Guevara on a T-shirt. … That, to me, speaks of a tremendous ignorance about what those individuals represented in the evils that communism inflicted on people throughout the world. And so our goal here is to stand for the truth.”

Nov. 7 was the anniversary of the day in 1917 when Vladimir Lenin stormed the Russian capital to overthrow the government, spreading a worldwide movement. It’s a movement DeSantis and successive speakers Monday said has caused suffering that should never be forgotten.

Miami-Dade College President Madeline Pumariega said the Legislature’s action would keep Guevara T-shirts off her campus.

“This bill is so important because what you don’t recognize and don’t learn about, you tend to repeat,” she said. “So, (we will be) always keeping front and center that there are victims of communism.” :snippity:
Be careful, you might get some of them to learn what this communism you keep going on about really was, and realize that what you call communism isn't.

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

How about-

‘Victims of White Southerners Day’?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

We have always been at war with Eastasia.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

"Now the Republican who has loudly condemned what he sees as the 'indoctrination' of young people has made another subject compulsory: students must receive at least 45 minutes’ instruction every November about the 'victims of communism'"

https://theguardian.com/us-news/2022/ma ... l-students
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

How long before DeSantis tries to annex Georgia? :confuzzled:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Wed May 11, 2022 5:17 pm How long before DeSantis tries to annex Georgia? :confuzzled:
He couldn't even point it out on a map.....

Either of them.....

I'll come in again.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Ron DeSantis raises more than $10M in April
Scott Powers
https://floridapolitics.com/archives/52 ... -in-april/
DeSantis had his best month yet for his official campaign committee.

Gov. Ron DeSantis raised more than $10 million in April for his re-election bid, giving him more than $105 million in the bank heading toward next fall’s General Election.

DeSantis had the best month yet for his official campaign committee, which raised $2.3 million in April from more than 20,000 individual donors. That was about $30,000 more than his campaign’s previous best month, which was January of this year.

His independent political committee, Friends of Ron DeSantis, collected $8.1 million in April from some 1,700 individual contributors. That is not a record for that committee, but is the most money it has collected since April 2021.

In addition, the Republican Party of Florida donated $453,000 worth of in-kind services to his campaign, covering travel, campaign staff, research, telephones and consulting services.

Friends of Ron DeSantis’ April haul was bolstered by $750,000 from the Republican Governors Association and 18 other checks of at least $100,000. Most of those checks came from individuals or individuals’ trusts.

The Governor’s re-election efforts continue to be in an entirely different league than those of the Democrats seeking a shot at him in November. U.S. Rep. Charlie Crist, the leading Democrat in fundraising, topped $1 million in April, with $550,000 going into his official campaign and $460,000 going into his independent committee, Friends of Charlie Crist.

Most of DeSantis’ April money came from Floridians and Florida organizations and businesse :snippity: s.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Something is afoot, Florida SoS is resigning 7 months before the upcoming election.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Someone said in Florida you can't run for an office you don't hold while you hold one. So she is resigning to run for Congress. It also allows DeSantis to appoint a replacement, so I guess they'll pick someone from Matt Gaetz's Venmo feed to be the next SofS and all she has to do is forget why Matt sent her that $300.

They'll have to be careful to pick one old enough to vote.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

As Desantis travels around the state handing out millions for projects while criticizing Biden for excessive spending, he never mentions the funds came from Biden’s American Rescue Plan.
Linked article hits a paywall.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”