Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
humblescribe
Verified:

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by humblescribe »

There was an interview that I saw online from CNN a few days back concerning mating inequity.

https://www.insider.com/growing-trend-f ... sis-2021-9

In short, college-educated women will be less receptive (pun intended) to date and mate with a non-college educated man.

Every college educated woman that I know well (baby boomers) married a college-educated guy. That is the extent of my anecdotal knowledge about the matter.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

humblescribe wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:10 pm There was an interview that I saw online from CNN a few days back concerning mating inequity.

In short, college-educated women will be less receptive (pun intended) to date and mate with a non-college educated man.

Every college educated woman that I know well (baby boomers) married a college-educated guy. That is the extent of my anecdotal knowledge about the matter.
I wonder if it is a generational thing? I know more than one college educated gen x woman who married a non-college educated man, often blue collar. Definitely the exception rather than the rule, however.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Jim

Post by Jim »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:27 pm
humblescribe wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:10 pm There was an interview that I saw online from CNN a few days back concerning mating inequity.

I wonder if it is a generational thing? I know more than one college educated gen x woman who married a non-college educated man, often blue collar. Definitely the exception rather than the rule, however.

https://ifstudies.org/blog/the-gender-g ... d-partners
raison de arizona

Thanks for that Jim! The last chart really shows how it has changed over the years, very interesting!
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I don't have one bit of data to support this but it seems to me like a whole lot of college educated women are marrying other college educated women too. I mean, it was never legal until I was in my 40s and when I was in my 20s and 30s being gay still had a lot of stigma, so maybe its just that its more visible now, but I see a trend that might leave a lot of guys joining incel clubs.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:27 pm I wonder if it is a generational thing? I know more than one college educated gen x woman who married a non-college educated man, often blue collar. Definitely the exception rather than the rule, however.
I would guess yes. Like all social status symbols, the value put on 'college educated' is going to vary with the current fashion. Go back a few decades and it was the 'must have', kinda like owning real-estate is in China today. Now? I would be surprised if it was still a high priority trait.

Grr.. the professor also makes at least one glaring error that makes me think he is full of age based brown sticky stuff:
He said the most "unstable violent societies in the world," all have one thing in common: "Young depressed men who aren't attaching to work, aren't attaching to school, and aren't attaching to relationships.
Setting aside that this contradicts his earlier assessment about men having more options for well paid fulfilling careers that do not require a college education.. this pattern usually only holds when there is either massive unemployment or a male heavy gender imbalance.

I looked into the guy when this story was first coming out.. he is talking father far outside his wheel well... thus his evopsych garbage is even more offputting.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

neeneko wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:17 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 4:27 pm I wonder if it is a generational thing? I know more than one college educated gen x woman who married a non-college educated man, often blue collar. Definitely the exception rather than the rule, however.
I would guess yes. Like all social status symbols, the value put on 'college educated' is going to vary with the current fashion. Go back a few decades and it was the 'must have', kinda like owning real-estate is in China today. Now? I would be surprised if it was still a high priority trait.

Grr.. the professor also makes at least one glaring error that makes me think he is full of age based brown sticky stuff:
He said the most "unstable violent societies in the world," all have one thing in common: "Young depressed men who aren't attaching to work, aren't attaching to school, and aren't attaching to relationships.
Setting aside that this contradicts his earlier assessment about men having more options for well paid fulfilling careers that do not require a college education.. this pattern usually only holds when there is either massive unemployment or a male heavy gender imbalance.

I looked into the guy when this story was first coming out.. he is talking father far outside his wheel well... thus his evopsych garbage is even more offputting.
Actually marriage is tied to rates of societal violence everywhere. The best example of this is in China. Unmarried men drink more and are overall more violent than married men in China. This has become especially problematic in rural China. Families were and are kidnapping women from other villages because of a shortage of marital aged women. This is a core reason for China's reversal of the one child only law.

Don't assume that mating and marriage are the same.
Gregg wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:10 pm I don't have one bit of data to support this but it seems to me like a whole lot of college educated women are marrying other college educated women too. I mean, it was never legal until I was in my 40s and when I was in my 20s and 30s being gay still had a lot of stigma, so maybe its just that its more visible now, but I see a trend that might leave a lot of guys joining incel clubs.
That assumes that the number of gay couples has changed over time. Gay marriage mostly changed the legal rights for gay couples.

However, the researcher is focusing on heterosexual relationships. The issue of LGBTQ relationships is far outside this research and thus irrelevant.

Decades of research shows that one important issue in mate selection is how many similarities one shares with potential mates. Opposites do NOT attract. Yes, you'll instantly think of anecdotal examples. But the research is extremely clear on this issue.

Now that more women are becoming educated, one key issue of similarity is education status. Straight women can be pickier now because they are less dependent on a mate for financial stability. Until Gen X (but esp the Millennials and Gen X) women had limited educational and career options.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

northland10 wrote: Tue Sep 28, 2021 9:02 pm DeSantis does not want men to go to college though not because it may be the best choice for somebody. He wants them to not go because if they do, they might learn to think for themselves and realize that he is full of shit.
Not only but also, college should be reserved for football players, and maybe a few basketball players, being trained for high paying jobs in the NFL (NBA).
Off Topic
Expanding on that thought, football players don't graduate with crippling debt they have to deal with for the rest of their lives (except for the few walk-ons) like non-athlete students do. Now I don't mind them getting a good college education (of course there is an assumption there) on scholarships, I really don't, and most scholarship players never get a cup of coffee in the pros.

But I do think it would be a good idea if those players who DO get drafted are obligated to pay back those scholarships at least to the level of the tuition the other non-athlete students have to pay. Maybe it should be a standard part of the initial signing contract, the school gets a reimbursement.

This is ESPECIALLY true now that schools are going to have to pay student-athletes 'for the use of their likeness' etc.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

LM K wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:00 am Actually marriage is tied to rates of societal violence everywhere. The best example of this is in China. Unmarried men drink more and are overall more violent than married men in China. This has become especially problematic in rural China. Families were and are kidnapping women from other villages because of a shortage of marital aged women. This is a core reason for China's reversal of the one child only law.
*nod* this is why I include the heavy gender imbalance as one of the examples of the real version of the effect he is referencing. In order for the problem to happen, there has to be an actual hard shortage of connections, with massive unemployment and gender imbalance being two possibiliites. There have to either actually not be enough jobs, or not be enough partners. Trying to reference it in terms of 'women are too picky and will not date lesser men' is where it goes from 'real thing' to 'faux in intellectual evopsych crap argument'.

(it also esp annoys me since it is an example of bad pop economics applied to dating by someone who knows their own domain within econ by has massive bias when trying to apply it to a field they don't know anything about,. which gives economics as a framework a bad name)
raison de arizona

Governor Ron DeSantis Statement on First Lady Casey DeSantis
On October 4, 2021, in News Releases, by Staff
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, Governor Ron DeSantis released the following statement regarding First Lady Casey DeSantis:

“I am saddened to report that Florida’s esteemed First Lady and my beloved wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer. As the mother of three young children, Casey is the centerpiece of our family and has made an impact on the lives of countless Floridians through her initiatives as First Lady. As she faces the most difficult test of her life, she will have not only have my unwavering support but the support of our entire family, as well as the prayers and well wishes from Floridians across our state. Casey is a true fighter, and she will never, never, never give up.” – Governor Ron DeSantis
https://www.flgov.com/2021/10/04/govern ... -desantis/
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Tots and pears.

RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:07 pm
Governor Ron DeSantis Statement on First Lady Casey DeSantis
On October 4, 2021, in News Releases, by Staff
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. – Today, Governor Ron DeSantis released the following statement regarding First Lady Casey DeSantis:

“I am saddened to report that Florida’s esteemed First Lady and my beloved wife has been diagnosed with breast cancer. As the mother of three young children, Casey is the centerpiece of our family and has made an impact on the lives of countless Floridians through her initiatives as First Lady. As she faces the most difficult test of her life, she will have not only have my unwavering support but the support of our entire family, as well as the prayers and well wishes from Floridians across our state. Casey is a true fighter, and she will never, never, never give up.” – Governor Ron DeSantis
https://www.flgov.com/2021/10/04/govern ... -desantis/
Try Ivermectin :!:
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

am I supposed to be sad?

she will get the best medical care around and was probably diagnosed and treated early.

My sister who died last year of colon cancer had no insurance until she got old enough probably had cancer for more years than she fought it and died because of lack of insurance.

Fuck them and I do not have well wishes :nope:
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:18 pm am I supposed to be sad?

she will get the best medical care around and was probably diagnosed and treated early.

My sister who died last year of colon cancer had no insurance until she got old enough probably had cancer for more years than she fought it and died because of lack of insurance.

Fuck them and I do not have well wishes :nope:

My 47 year old brother who died of prostate cancer says....

:yeahthat:

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

like this post
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

I dont wish ill on almost anyone,but I wont be doing any sending of even Tots and Pears.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

We don't know the long-term effects of chemotherapy.

(Which, come to think of it, I'm certain are much more serious than the long-term effects of getting fucking vaccinated.)
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 11:01 pm I dont wish ill on almost anyone,but I wont be doing any sending of even Tots and Pears.
My dear friend won't even come visit Floriduh with his young fambly -- smart guy. I need outta this damn nightmare state.
raison de arizona

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They do shit purely for the outrage.

Red meat for the mob, and nothing else.

Phuck.

Every.

Single.

One.

Lani

Post by Lani »

Gov. Ron DeSantis Offers Bonuses To Anti-Vax Cops To Come Work In Florida
The Florida governor plans to offer $5,000 bonuses to police from other states who refuse to be vaccinated so they can interact with his constituents.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ron-desa ... d93312a21e
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Lani wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:10 am Gov. Ron DeSantis Offers Bonuses To Anti-Vax Cops To Come Work In Florida
The Florida governor plans to offer $5,000 bonuses to police from other states who refuse to be vaccinated so they can interact with his constituents.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/ron-desa ... d93312a21e
$5000 barely covers the cost of finding a place to live. If he wants them, though, I hope they all move there.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Nooooooooooooooooooo!!!!! :nooo:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
tek

Post by tek »

Definitely want to import rogue police. What could possibly go wrong? :brickwallsmall:

Methinks he's planning to be living in DC when his chickens come home to roost.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”