Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

It's Floriduh legislative agenda, but DeSantis' support and signature are necessary to pass - a long list of terror from The Florida Republican Taliban:

https://twitter.com/GeoRebekah

If you haven't been keeping up with the death spiral consuming Florida, here's an update on legislation proposed in the Florida senate (I'll do the Florida House in the next post):

SB300: 6 week abortion ban

SB80: Ban of same-sex marriage

SJR94: Make school board races partisan

SB158, SB238: Exempting the Department of Health from public records requests

SB252: Banning vaccine requirements

SB368: Revising the term "machine gun" to lift bans on specified semi and fully-automatic weapons

SB560: Exempting all current and former service members and their families from public records requests

SB688: Banning pride flags

SB944: Recognition of Taiwan as independent from China

SB1086: Protecting cops from disciplinary action

HB991: Removes journalism shield laws and makes it easier to sue the press, "makes the presumption that statements by anonymous sources are false"

HB1069: Defines "sex" as binary ( Teach that sex is determined by biology and reproductive function at birth), requires schools to get state approval for materials about sex education, STDs, etc, "Teach abstinence from sexual activity outside of 77 marriage as the expected standard ," bans a larger group of books and instructional materials, including anything the state determines "Is inappropriate for the grade level and age group for which the material is used."

HB3: Allows the state to investigate, fine and sue any company that makes decisions with social, political or ideological interests in mind (the anti-Disney/woke bill).

HB379: Bans social media in schools

HJR405: Bans open primaries and nonpartisan elections

HB999: Eliminates tenure at public universities

HB437: Allows homeowners associations to ban pride flags and any non-USA, non-military flags (this would include flags of other nations, like Ukraine).

HM539: Urges congress to ban abortion

HB1013/1015 : Bans testing, masks, and vaccination requirements for COVID-19; requires hospitals to provide unproven and even dangerous "alternative" treatments, exempts DOH from public records requests

HB1029: Provides immunity to long term care facilities/nursing homes from civil suits <--And bring your own body bag too?

HB1543: LOWERS the legal age to purchase a firearm from 21 back down to 18. It was raised to 21 after Parkland in 2018.

HB775/HB1301: Grants time-sharing and custody of children to rapists

HB1387: Prohibits research on "enhanced potential pandemics," requires "fetal death records" to be filed like regular birth and death records.

HB1487: Bans officials and physicians from ordering quarantines, testing, etc during a public health emergency; requires two-thirds vote of entire legislature and removes local authority to issue closers; removes "vaccine" from list of treatments; allows the temporary reactivation of licenses that physicians that have expired or been suspended; bans the closure of certain entities entirely, like churches, schools (this one is really batshit)

HB1421: The anti-trans bill; prohibits treatment, prohibits changing gender on birth certificate, bans health insurance coverage for "gender clinical interventions."

HB1521: Bathroom bill; must use restroom, changing facilities, domestic violence shelters, correctional facilities based on gender assigned at birth.

HB1423: Allows the state to fine, suspend and revoke the license of any public entity that hosts drag shows.

HB1539: Designates filming police or being witness to law enforcement activity as "interrupting, disrupting, impeding, provoking and directly OR indirectly harassing" police as a criminal offense; AND.. can't believe I'm saying this... if you are determined to have "provoked a physical response from the law enforcement officer" then YOU can be charged with a second-degree misdemeanor.

HB913, HB1259 : Bills granting loans, public funds to privately-run schools

HB1607: Bans removal of monuments and the placement of signs "on or adjacent to" monuments.

HB1617: Requires hospitals to collect and report to law enforcement immigration status data on admission.

HB91: Banning the release of balloons.

pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

Fascist Florida.

This one, however, is environmentally solid.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 8:34 am Fascist Florida.

Kids and the Disney Worlds will like it. NOT.

How will FL Man get his weather forecast and hurricane observations?

China of course will ignore the request not to use FL airspace for spy balloons :blackeye:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

THIS is why I usually skip this thread, fucking fascists. Savannah is looking better and better.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:06 am

Yeah, but it’s a reasonable law with a basis in reality. Balloons are bad.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-a ... nvironment

The rest of those proposals are evil.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, he's giving us his blueprint for the whole country under his presidential administration.

Somehow, I don't think running on that record is going to go over well with most of the country.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

Or even with most Floridians, holy cow. If even some of the most egregious pass I expect a) massive law suits & b) mass exodus when they fail.

These Republican idiots trying to put all the toothpaste back into the tube are making a right mess of it.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

I was preparing to write a piece on some of the bills she listed, but noticed on at least a couple of them, her description didn't reflect what I saw when reviewing the text of the proposed laws. These were the two that jumped out at me the most, but there were other I had some quibbles with. I didn't check all of even most of them, but thought I should t least make note of these two.

I think she may have the effect of the machine gun law backwards. It appears to me that it's actually making more guns illegal, not making more legal. The bill says:
790.001 Definitions.—As used in this chapter, except where the context otherwise requires: (9) “Machine gun” means any firearm, as defined herein, which:
(a) Shoots, or is designed to shoot, automatically more than one shot, without manually reloading, by a single function pull of the trigger; or
(b) Can be modified by a conversion kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device that is used to alter the rate of fire of the firearm to mimic automatic weapon fire or that is used to increase the rate of fire to a faster rate than is possible for a person to fire such firearm unassisted by a kit, a tool, an accessory, or a device by a single function pull of the trigger.
Interestingly, this one doesn't require that the gun has been modified, only that it can be modified. The Senate version actually requires modification.

The other one I noticed was the one she says bans filming or witnessing cops. When I looked at the proposed law, it doesn't say anything about either filming or witnessing. It says:
843.31 Approaching a law enforcement officer after a warning with intent to impede, provoke, or harass.— (1) As used in this section, the term "law enforcement officer" has the same meaning as in s. 943.10(1).
(2)(a) It is unlawful for any person, after receiving a warning from a law enforcement officer not to approach, to violate such warning and approach or remain within 30 feet of a law enforcement officer who is engaged in the lawful performance of any legal duty with the intent to:
1. Interrupt, disrupt, hinder, impede, or interfere with the law enforcement officer's ability to perform such duty;
2. Provoke a physical response from the law enforcement officer; or
3. Directly or indirectly harass the law enforcement officer.
(b) A person who violates this subsection commits a misdemeanor of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082 or s. 775.083.
Section 2. This act shall take effect October 1, 2023.
Now 30 feet is a good distance, though a zoom lens can help cut that down, but I just found her saying it bans filming when that's not even mentioned a bit egregious.

I'm not saying none of these bills are evil - many of them are *quite* evil. Most of her descriptions are appropriate. I'm just suggesting that if you get a little tickling at the back of your brain that a description seems a bit off, check it, it *might* be.

You can input the number of a bill here at this list of Florida House AND Senate bills: https://www.myfloridahouse.gov/sections ... bills.aspx
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Ron DeSantis

Post by keith »

No mention of banning bare tits on South Beach?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Kari Lake hits Desantis: “The people of FL just re-elected him. I’m assuming when they re-elected him they were hoping he’d stay around a while .. We haven’t seen Ron Desantis on the world stage yet, and some of the people surrounding him are the type of people pushing for war.”
much ado

Ron DeSantis

Post by much ado »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 11:05 am
RTH10260 wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 9:06 am

Yeah, but it’s a reasonable law with a basis in reality. Balloons are bad.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-a ... nvironment

The rest of those proposals are evil.
If you don't know about Balloonfest '86 in Cleveland, Ohio, you should look at this video. There are several other videos on Youtube.

AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

At least for me, it's not remembered at all. :cantlook:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Damn!
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Ron DeSantis

Post by Mr brolin »

The "Machine Gun" bill would basically make any weapon other than a muzzle loading musket, a single action "cowboy" pistol or bolt action rifle illegal as every other weapon CAN/COULD be modified

As an example a hand cranked Gatling Gun (or replica) is NOT currently classified as a "machine gun" so long as it is manually cranked. If you hook the crank up to an electrical (or even spring driven) mechanism that allows multple firing with one button/trigger action then it becomes a "machine gun".

There are even reciprocating crank mechanisms for revolvers that allow for very rapid (and usually horribly innacurate) firing.

Bill will die in its current iteration
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

Drag shows don’t sexualize children, or expose them to sexualization. Do you know what does? Anime, video games, and comic books. I’m not saying that video games, anime, and comic book should be censored, they should not. There’s probably not a bigger video game junkie here than me but come on. Anime (the drawing style, not the storyline) sexualizes children in my opinion. From the neck up the characters are very childlike, but from the shoulders down…well, you get my drift.

Also, fuck DeSantis and all the other republican lawmakers making mountains out of mole hills, so to speak.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
pipistrelle

Ron DeSantis

Post by pipistrelle »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:18 am Drag shows don’t sexualize children, or expose them to sexualization. Do you know what does? Anime, video games, and comic books. I’m not saying that video games, anime, and comic book should be censored, they should not. There’s probably not a bigger video game junkie here than me but come on. Anime (the drawing style, not the storyline) sexualizes children in my opinion. From the neck up the characters are very childlike, but from the shoulders down…well, you get my drift.

Also, fuck DeSantis and all the other republican lawmakers making mountains out of mole hills, so to speak.
They got nothing else.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

If CIS couples insist on making up their pre-teen girls to look like hookers-- It's not drag queens grooming/sexulizing them. It's the parents. Knock that shit off, weirdos!

bill_g

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

What is once seen cannot be unseen. You are warned. However, it is totally safe for work.
► Show Spoiler
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

bill_g wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:10 am What is once seen cannot be unseen. You are warned. However, it is totally safe for work.
► Show Spoiler
She's hot!
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Ken Cuccinelli (which department was he an acting something or other for tfg?), was on Fox this morning. He's forming a PAC to encourage DeSantis to run for president.
bill_g

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

neonzx wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:28 am
bill_g wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:10 am What is once seen cannot be unseen. You are warned. However, it is totally safe for work.
► Show Spoiler
She's hot!
But not in a good way. (wink)
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

I say radioactive!
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Ron DeSantis

Post by Mr brolin »

More like a fever dream/nightmare...... :oopsy: :eek:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Slim Cognito »

I say it's an improvement.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

How is Rhonda not running up against the First Amendment with his anti-press bills? I know, he’s not Congress 🙄 but does it apply to him at all?

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”