Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ben Wittes is doing the same here. De Santis is a double ass for this stunt.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

How is this not illegal? (They are human beings.)
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Arpaio-style stunts. Wonderful.

Also it's not illegal because they agreed to go, I have heard.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Fox was live covering the drop off in front of the VP's residence. I won't thread jack, so will mosey on over to the Fox News thread to discuss the Live. Breaking. News. Coverage on F&F.
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

So much for owning the libs...
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I still don't understand how the Feds allowed this to happen. Under what authority do these governors have to play this game?
raison de arizona

Gregg wrote: Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:12 pm I am really sorry a bunch of Northern blue states can't start asking their homeless people if they'd like to go to Florida for the winter, where it won't be so cold. And then pack the busses up with them.
NYC transports homeless people anywhere they have family or somewhere to stay. And provides some financial assistance. Or at least they used to, not sure if the program is still in effect. I know they have something similar though.
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/ ... cket-leave
https://portal.311.nyc.gov/article/?kanumber=KA-02917
raison de arizona

What a massive turd :shit:
Ted Nesi @TedNesi wrote: VIDEO: Just spoke with @USRepKeating who represents Martha's Vineyard - he says island officials told him Gov DeSantis sent a videographer with the migrants to capture footage of them on MV

Also praises @MassGovernor response

More of our interview at 4p on @wpri12 #mapoli #MA09
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Republicans are vile pieces of shit dressed up as human beings.

To do this, for political theater, should be a crime against humanity. For a fraction of what they are spending to punish or mock these people they could provide services that would actually help.

The Federal Government should withhold $2 in Federal Community Funds for every dollar they spend doing this, reallocating the money to the states where they are sent.
Each year, the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) awards Homeless Assistance Grants to communities that administer housing and services at the local level. Specifically, the Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) program and the Continuum of Care (CoC) program fund the cornerstones of each community’s homeless system. The ESG grant funds street outreach, homelessness prevention and diversion, emergency shelter, and rapid re-housing. The CoC program funds permanent supportive housing, rapid re-housing, transitional housing, coordinated entry, and pilots like the Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program.
So let's just take this...
Today, Governor Ron DeSantis announced that Florida received $85.8 million in CARES Act funding to address housing instability and homelessness across the state. The funds, which are being released in two separate disbursements ($20 million and $65 million), will be used to provide rental assistance, support emergency shelters, and conduct street outreach programs to connect unsheltered individuals experiencing homelessness with local housing and other essential services.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
tek

Post by tek »

That would harm exactly the wrong people
raison de arizona

tek wrote: Thu Sep 15, 2022 4:33 pm That would harm exactly the wrong people
Ditto. DeSantis would do a little dance at being able to stick it further to "those people" and be able to blame it on...

This is bad for Biden because...
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Fine take their highway funds, or something. Don't tell me there isn't a hundred million in stuff that Republicans put in Florida for the sole purpose of paying off contributors or buying off someone else.

And while we're at it, why in the hell do we still have so much military hardware in Florida where it has to be battened down, hidden or moved every time they have a hurricane?

Are we still hoping that we can will Hurricane Canute from happening and maybe NEXT TIME we won't have to? I am convinced that not a little bit of all the military command structure that is in Florida is there because a lot of people who are around those commands are people who like nice beaches and no state income tax. As if we don't pay military contractors enough....

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

:cussing: :panic: :torches: :fuckyou: :cussing:

I just can't...

It may be that they're not even from Florida, Ron had to import immigrants so he could deport them to Martha's Vineyard....

and for the people in the back, they are not even 'illegal" they are legally waiting on hearings to stay!

Gift Article

Ron DeSantis’s repulsive Martha’s Vineyard stunt is made for Fox News
“Many were staying in a shelter in San Antonio,” Cyr told me, adding, “A woman approached them outside the shelter and essentially lured them into taking the plane.” He said the migrants were informed they’d be able to get work papers.

Cyr said the planes made one stop in Florida and another in South Carolina. Though all this remains unconfirmed, it dovetails with some migrants telling the Times that they started off in San Antonio. It’s unclear why a Florida governor is flying migrants from Texas to Massachusetts.
:torches: :fuckyou: :argument: :cussing: :smokeears:

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Clearly DeSantis wants to supply Massachusetts with people who commit fewer crimes per capita than native Americans. They are also much harder working. ;)

Joking aside I can attest to how hard working recent Mexican immigrants are. Also Guatemalans.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

How does this stunt affect any hearings they may have regarding their immigration status? Are they going to have to scramble to figure out how to get back to Texas so they show up for their hearings? Will they be flagged for deportation if they fail to show up? Can they get their cases transferred so they can show up to a court closer to where they now find themselves?

I really hope they don't get screwed on their chances for staying here.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:39 am :snippity:
For the QOP that's a feature, not a bug....
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Frater I*I wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 5:34 pm
RVInit wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 6:39 am :snippity:
For the QOP that's a feature, not a bug....
I was about to post a link to a tweet but I found the new thread on this subject and someone else posted it. It was even worse than I feared. The refugees had deliberately been given misinformation about who to contact regarding their whereabouts, which would have killed any chance for them to be given any permanent legal status. GOP are disgusting and vile. I’m ashamed to say I ever voted for a Republican but I am now permanently cured of that illness.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

It's alleged DHS employees falsified stuff.
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

Martha's Vineyard, as I remember it, was a real neat place. Nice folks. As a destination for human-trafficking, it's a very odd choice. As a refugee, I'd probably enjoy it. but we're gonna need a bigger coat. I see a fair amount of upside in this arrangement, as the world turns.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

If all the forms were printed in English and not their native language, are they even legal? (Ignoring, of course, all the other not-legal shit they did to get them to sign the forms in the first place.)

Too bad the actual humans on Martha's Vineyard won't send them all back to FL. If it's true they started out in TX and they are flown back to FL, that would be some world class "fuck you" to DeSantis. Would he send them back to TX?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Sep 16, 2022 10:55 pm It's alleged DHS employees falsified stuff.
They were provided with *** cartoonishly simple map of Martha's vineyard and the United States and *** brief brochure containing snippets from the commonwealth of massachusetts website and instructions to change their address with US sis when they relocated. This is especially troubling as anyone with even the most basic understanding of the immigration proceedings knows that US sis was not the agency with whom the migrants would have to record their addresses and has nothing to do with their cases in any way. It is clear that this was an intentional attempt to ensure that these migrants were removed in absentia when they failed to change their address with the proper agency. This was *** purposeful derailment designed to prevent people from complying with federal immigration policies. This is problematic because the state should not be interfering with federal immigration policy before they boarded the planes, the migrants were processed by agents of the Department of Homeland Security who listed falsified addresses on the migrants paperwork. Agents apparently chose random homeless shelters all across the country from Washington to florida to list the migrants mailing addresses. Even when told by the migrants that they had no address in the US. According to the paperwork provided to them, the migrants are required to check in with ice office nearest to the fake address chosen for them by DHS or be permanently removed from the United States with some required to check in as early as this coming Monday, it could not be clearer that this is an attempt to ensure that these people are ordered removed even as they try as hard as they can to comply with the instructions provided to them. There is no other reason to list is someone's mailing address, homeless shelter in Tacoma Washington when they shipped him to Massachusetts.
If people don't go to prison for this I'll be more than a little pissed. Also too, they ought to sue the bejeezuz out of DeSantis, DHS and the States of Florida and Texas for deliberately trying to get them deported when they were legally in the country and trying to follow the rules. Somebody tell me how that is not a clear violation of their basic civil rights. All so Desantis could let Hannity spend a segment drooling over him.

Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Outrageous!
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”