Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Ron DeSantis

These people suck. They are bad people.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

orlylicious wrote: Mon Mar 13, 2023 4:10 pm :rotflmao:

There is actually a Twitter account --
OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious Mar 12
Replying to @mitchellvii and @alexbruesewitz
It's funny nobody onstage knows it's a lectern, not a podium, that was removed. You stand ON a podium. You stand BEHIND a lectern.

I'm a Lectern @NotPodium
Replying to @Orly_licious @mitchellvii and @alexbruesewitz
🥰
So FUNNY! @NotPodium
Pretty much all old school Fogbowers can define podium/lectern thanks to Sterngard.

What was another peeve of his? The non-word word "irregardless" -- don't do it, Stern will spank your behind. :lol:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Ron DeSantis

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:58 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 10:56 am THIS is why I usually skip this thread, fucking fascists. Savannah is looking better and better.
Dude, if I lived in Florida, Somalia would start looking better.
By mid-2025, I will be the legal and financial condition to sell my South Florida condo which is my legal home while I travel the world as a diplomatic support staffer. I have already advised my son, who lives about an hour north of Boston on the NH side of the line, to start looking for an inexpensive two-or-three-bedroom home we can split, or, failing that, to find a two-or-three-bedroom apartment in his area that the same $800 per month I pay in mortgage and maintenance towards my condo could be given to him as my share of the rent (for a place where I'll only stay for 4-8 weeks every 3 years) can put him and his girlfriend over the top. I have no more desire to be a Florida resident. If political winds shift in the next two years, I'll reconsider, but at this point, I'm done.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

On Morning Joe this morning, Joe and Jonathan just crucified DeSantis' pitching arm. According to them he played on the college (Yale was it?) baseball team. They were merciless.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Ron DeSantis

Post by RTH10260 »

dumped here cause Desantis will be responsible to clean up this mess ;)
Florida beaches brace for 5,000-mile blob of seaweed to deposit rotting goop
Enormous clump of floating algae threatens to bring pungent odor of rotting eggs to tourist beaches of Gulf of Mexico

Oliver Milman
Thu 16 Mar 2023 16.37 GMT

It’s brown, it weighs millions of tons, it stretches over 5,000 miles and it is headed for Florida’s beaches. An enormous clump of seaweed circulating the Gulf of Mexico and Atlantic is set to coat beaches in a spongy goop, bringing with it a pungent odor similar to rotting eggs.

The huge mass of sargassum is the latest in a series of massive blooms scientists have noticed in the Atlantic since 2011 but could be the largest yet. It is pushing west through the Caribbean and beaches in Cancún, Mexico, and Key West, Florida, have already seen large mats wash ashore.

The brown morass has doubled in size every month from November to January, forming a belt wider than the continental US. It is expected to hit beaches elsewhere in Florida and along the Gulf of Mexico this summer, potentially causing problems for tourists.

The seaweed is a floating type of algae that has berry-like bubbles filled with oxygen that keep it buoyant. When it reaches shore, it decays in the sun and releases hydrogen sulfide, which smells like rotten eggs and can aggravate respiratory problems such as asthma.

“It smells very bad and chases away tourists,” said Chuanmin Hu, an oceanographer at the University of South Florida who tracks the sargassum blooms via satellite.

Sargassum has always naturally formed in the Atlantic and, out at sea, provides a huge floating habitat for animals such as turtles, birds, crabs and shrimp. Some animals, like the sargassum fish, live their whole lives in the floating brown armada. The seaweed also soaks up carbon dioxide.

However, sargassum can pose problems once it has washed ashore and scientists have noticed a large increase over the last decades in the amount now routinely clogging up shorelines in piles five or six feet deep.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... um-beaches
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

:eek:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

I’m sorry for the people who’ll be
affected but dayum how metaphorically perfect.
Grumpy Git
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Grumpy Git »

Apologies if posted before, but I saw this on Twitter and it made me :lol: :lol: :lol:

Fq0j0JCXsAIXIsy.jpg
Fq0j0JCXsAIXIsy.jpg (73.2 KiB) Viewed 687 times
:P
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Ron DeSantis

Post by raison de arizona »

The chatter over DeSantis’s public engagement has also surfaced past unflattering stories about his social skills—particularly, his propensity to devour food during meetings. “He would sit in meetings and eat in front of people,” a former DeSantis staffer told the Daily Beast, “always like a starving animal who has never eaten before…getting shit everywhere.”

Enshrined in DeSantis lore is an episode from four years ago: During a private plane trip from Tallahassee to Washington, DC, in March of 2019, DeSantis enjoyed a chocolate pudding dessert—by eating it with three of his fingers, according to two sources familiar with the incident.

A representative for DeSantis did not respond to the Daily Beast’s request for comment; to be fair, we’re not sure there are really any good answers to the questions that immediately come to mind, such as:

What the fuck?
Who does that?
There had to have been another way?
Why three fingers?
Why the urgency to eat pudding before a proper utensil could be sourced?
Why any of this?
WHAT THE FUCK??
https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2023/03 ... udding/amp
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Y'know how DeSantis is so worried about kids feeling guilty or anguish because of their race or gender? (That's his excuse for not teaching actual US History.) Well, seems German kids must be made of stronger stuff than our little snowflake babies. German law *mandates* they be taught about the Nazis and the Holocaust. They apparently think teaching kids about the bad shit does by their country in the past might be a good way to help keep it from happening again.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Florida Rejects Math Textbooks, Citing ‘Prohibited Topics’
Officials said they objected to the inclusion of social-emotional learning and critical race theory in the books but did not share information on the specific content.

Florida has rejected 42 of 132 math textbooks proposed for use in public school classrooms because they “incorporate prohibited topics or unsolicited strategies” including social-emotional learning and critical race theory, according to the state’s Department of Education.

The state, which announced its decision on Friday afternoon, did not share information on the specific content to which it was objecting, and several publishers told The New York Times they had not yet received documents detailing the state’s critiques.

But Florida has a new law, which goes into effect in July, limiting the way that sexual orientation, gender identity and social-emotional skills are taught. Gov. Ron DeSantis is also expected to sign legislation, known as the “Stop W.O.K.E. Act,” prohibiting instruction that could prompt students to feel discomfort about a historical event because of their race, sex or national origin.

At a Monday news conference, Mr. DeSantis highlighted the presence of “social and emotional learning” material in the rejected elementary school textbooks. “Math is about getting the right answer,” he said. “And we want kids to learn to think so they get the right answer. It’s not about how you feel about the problem.”

A review of sample content from one publisher whose elementary school textbooks appear to have been rejected, Big Ideas Learning, showed lessons intended to build self-awareness, self-management, responsible decision-making and social awareness and relationship skills.
► Show Spoiler
:snippity:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/04/18/us/f ... heory.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Volkonski »

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis seeks to limit Sunshine laws

https://www.axios.com/local/tampa-bay/2 ... n-desantis
What's happening: Gov. Ron DeSantis and Republican lawmakers are seeking to roll back open records laws in three ways:

Removing defamation protections: GOP lawmakers in the House advanced a bill backed by DeSantis this week that would make it easier to sue the media for defamation.

More exemptions: Republican legislators have filed roughly five dozen bills proposing more open-government exemptions since the start of the legislative session last week, including blocking disclosure of the governor's travel arrangements, even after the fact.

Claiming executive privilege: A Tallahassee judge found earlier this year that DeSantis has the right to shield some information of his choosing from the public after he refused to turn over requested records about his screening of potential state Supreme Court nominees. The Tampa Bay Times is joining other media outlets in appealing the decision.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ima start calling him RonOrban DeSatan. He’s doing more than even tfg right now to hasten our own Nazification.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Ron DeSantis

Post by poplove »

Ron Desantis carries a vibe....that he might unplug your life support to recharge his cellphone. -Peggy Noonan
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Ron DeSantis

Post by neonzx »

Florida does have one of the, if not most, open records laws. Why do you think you see so many "Florida Man" stories in national news? It is all publicly available online with mugshots and charges.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

https://wapo.st/40m5SWK

Long read; gifted.
Ron DeSantis was a 27-year-old Navy lawyer fresh out of Harvard Law School when he arrived in Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, amid an escalating crisis at the U.S. military base.

Hundreds of “enemy combatants,” held without charges, had gone on hunger strikes. As pressure grew to end the protests, DeSantis later said, he was part of a team of military lawyers asked what could be done.

:snippity:

Former detainees, defense lawyers and other human rights advocates said in interviews that DeSantis’s actions at the base — and his continued view of what happened there as fully legitimate — present one of the most revealing and troubling chapters of his life, noting that he has never publicly expressed any concern or questioned his own role in what transpired.

J. Wells Dixon, a detainee lawyer who said he remembers meeting with DeSantis at the base, said that the experience should have convinced the governor the base should be closed.

“If DeSantis is honest with himself, having served as a naval officer and as a lawyer at Guantánamo, then he surely knows that Guantánamo is a human rights disaster and its continuing existence demeans the United States and is an affront to human rights and the rule of law,” said Dixon, who represents one remaining detainee and is a senior staff attorney at the Center for Constitutional Rights.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Suranis

Ron DeSantis

Post by Suranis »

Honestly, I thought DeSantis handled the Lectern incident fine. I'd probably be just as confused initially, but he recovered well and got on with the event.

That softball interview was embarrassing though.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Ron DeSantis

Post by Kendra »

Other presidential candidates have been roasted for far less than this.
Dave from down under

Ron DeSantis

Post by Dave from down under »

I thought Ron was against people identifying themselves as...
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Ron DeSantis

Post by bill_g »

I sense the GOP long game is to get as many cases before the SCOTUS as possible.

They don't care how unconstitutional a proposed law is. They want it challenged, and they want to take it all the way while they have a court packed with conservative justices. They want to eliminate what they see as Liberal from American Society, and replace it with their Conservative Values. After the win with Roe v Wade, they see this as the path to victory. We will see a lot of nonsense come out state legislatures for the next several years with the sole purpose of picking a fight.

They want to go toe to toe. They think they have the votes. They think they have the money and support. They think it is their time. They want to overturn the 50's, 60's and 70's. Buckle up.
Gregg

Ron DeSantis

Post by Gregg »

bill_g wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 9:00 am I sense the GOP long game is to get as many cases before the SCOTUS as possible.

They don't care how unconstitutional a proposed law is. They want it challenged, and they want to take it all the way while they have a court packed with conservative justices. They want to eliminate what they see as Liberal from American Society, and replace it with their Conservative Values. After the win with Roe v Wade, they see this as the path to victory. We will see a lot of nonsense come out state legislatures for the next several years with the sole purpose of picking a fight.

They want to go toe to toe. They think they have the votes. They think they have the money and support. They think it is their time. They want to overturn the 50's, 60's and 70's. the 20th and last half of the 19th Century Buckle up.

FIFY
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

Jenna Ellis 🇺🇸 @JennaEllisEsq wrote: BREAKING: @GovRonDeSantis responds to the reports of a possible Trump indictment:

"We are not involved in this and won't be involved in this. I have no interested in getting involved in some type of manufactured circus by some Soros DA. He's trying to do a political spectacle.… Show more
Embedded video

Fun fact: @GovRonDeSantis is the only governor who has actually taken on Soros DA’s.

tampabay.com
Andrew Warren to DeSantis: Take back your suspension. Governor: No.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by Phoenix520 »

This is a little out -
Off Topic
These fascist Republicans keep saying that the “left” has pushed their agenda on America for too long. Granted, I’m as biased as they come but that’s not how I see it.

I don’t see the history of liberals hanging people for being black or burning whole towns to stop the spread of successful blacks. I don’t see the gradual removal of practically the whole tax code that deals with the wealthy by Democrat hands. I don’t see contractions of our rights under liberal policies, and I don’t see the near destruction of our economy at Dem hands, either. What I do see under Dem hands is a rather slow and organic move toward equal rights for all.

How can we fight back against their bullshit if the press is cowed or co-opted? Which of course they are… ownership is consolidated into a very few hands. And all of them seem to have the same, conservative mind-set.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

That's because you don't see faux noise.
raison de arizona

Ron DeSantis

33151052-B292-457D-BB20-9611CCBE9A0A.png
33151052-B292-457D-BB20-9611CCBE9A0A.png (116.82 KiB) Viewed 239 times
AndyinPA
Verified:

Ron DeSantis

Post by AndyinPA »

He's not the first. Won't be the last.

Return to “Worst of the Right-Wing Pieholes”