Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

White Supremacists

Fiona

Re: White Supremacists

Post by Fiona »

busterbunker wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:32 am
keith wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:27 am But what are the clues to foetal alcohol syndrome?
Eyes are too wide apart.
Add low nasal bridge and smooth philtrum to the list.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Fiona wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 10:49 pm
busterbunker wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 3:32 am
keith wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 1:27 am But what are the clues to foetal alcohol syndrome?
Eyes are too wide apart.
Add low nasal bridge and smooth philtrum to the list.
Mayo Clinic:
Distinctive facial features, including small eyes, an exceptionally thin upper lip, a short, upturned nose, and a smooth skin surface between the nose and upper lip
Deformities of joints, limbs and fingers
Slow physical growth before and after birth
Vision difficulties or hearing problems
Small head circumference and brain size
Heart defects and problems with kidneys and bones
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

They all looked like that to me.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 11:16 am They all looked like that to me.
Me too.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

When I took my trash can out front for trash pick up I noticed a baggie containing a slip of paper and some rocks. It was on the pavement behind my car. The photo below shows what was inside. I walked down the street and picked up every one I could find. Disgusting.
Attachments
75234DB1-99CA-48EA-A922-BD2CC509E431.jpeg
75234DB1-99CA-48EA-A922-BD2CC509E431.jpeg (115.07 KiB) Viewed 1776 times
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

OMG. RV!

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I hate Florida nazis.

Have you thought about contacting a local news Call For Action group? At least get these bastards some negative publicity.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Do they know she's Jewish?

Does she know they would like her and everyone like her dead?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:56 am I hate Florida nazis.

Have you thought about contacting a local news Call For Action group? At least get these bastards some negative publicity.
Good idea. I just looked up the phone number to report stories to a local news station. I will call them today. I still have all the baggies I picked up.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RVInit wrote: Fri Jul 08, 2022 12:07 pm
Slim Cognito wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 10:56 am I hate Florida nazis.

Good idea. I just looked up the phone number to report stories to a local news station. I will call them today. I still have all the baggies I picked up.
I would call the police, as well. There may have been no crime committed by leaving those flyers in your neighborhood, and there probably isn't much that the cops can do, but it will at least let them know (if they don't know already) that such a group is active in your community. The group or individual may choose to take action on his beliefs.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Long article. Here's a little bit.

‘They are preparing for war’: An expert on civil wars discusses where political extremists are taking this country
https://www.washingtonpost.com/magazine ... s-country/
My dad is from Germany. He was born in 1932 and lived through the war there, and he emigrated here in 1958. He had been a Republican his whole life, you know; we had the Reagan calendar in the kitchen every year.

And starting in early 2016, I would go home to visit, and my dad — he doesn’t agitate easily, but he was so agitated. All he wanted to do was talk about Trump and what he was seeing happening. He was really nervous. It was almost visceral — like, he was reliving the past. Every time I’d go home, he was just, like, “Please tell me Trump’s not going to win.” And I would tell him, “Dad, Trump is not going to win.” And he’s just, like, “I don’t believe you; I saw this once before. And I’m seeing it again, and the Republicans, they’re just falling in lockstep behind him.” He was so nervous.

I remember saying: “Dad, what’s really different about America today from Germany in the 1930s is that our democracy is really strong. Our institutions are strong. So, even if you had a Trump come into power, the institutions would hold strong.” Of course, then Trump won. We would have these conversations where my dad would draw all these parallels. The brownshirts and the attacks on the media and the attacks on education and on books. And he’s just, like, I’m seeing it. I’m seeing it all again here. And that’s really what shook me out of my complacency, that here was this man who is very well educated and astute, and he was shaking with fear. And I was like, Am I being naive to think that we’re different?

That’s when I started to follow the data. And then, watching what happened to the Republican Party really was the bigger surprise — that, wow, they’re doubling down on this almost white supremacist strategy. That’s a losing strategy in a democracy....
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I think we’re full-on into the part where good people do nothing. I’ve not studied the history as closely as almost any of you, but don’t you see the parallels, too?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:12 am I think we’re full-on into the part where good people do nothing. I’ve not studied the history as closely as almost any of you, but don’t you see the parallels, too?
Yep. For 40 years. Even have occasional nightmares.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Lani wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:59 am
Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jul 18, 2022 12:12 am I think we’re full-on into the part where good people do nothing. I’ve not studied the history as closely as almost any of you, but don’t you see the parallels, too?
Yep. For 40 years. Even have occasional nightmares.
:yeahthat:
--Colin Kaepernick
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Don't read the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich then.... :cantlook:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Bonus: Freudian?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Sorry, anyone who says "cis-gendered" is not a right winger or a even a centrist. BallOx.
Hic sunt dracones
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

Suranis wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:52 am

Sorry, anyone who says "cis-gendered" is not a right winger or a even a centrist. BallOx.
I noted that he was said to be "wearing a pin of the 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf of the Waffen-SS".

Who knew the Nazis had a "Dead Head" division?
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Totenkopf = skull
raison de arizona

Suranis wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 5:52 am

:snippity:
On the train back to New York, I watched a video on my phone of the president insisting to reporters that there were “very fine people” on both sides of the events in Charlottesville.

Over the next few months, America’s white supremacists — who were explicit in saying they felt emboldened by the president — held a series of rallies across the country. At one event in Gainesville, Florida, I talked to 28-year-old Colton Fears who explained to me — in a perfect expression of Trumpism that I still think about to this day — why he’d shown up that day.

“Basically, I’m just fed up with the fact that I’m cisgendered, I’m a white male, and I lean right, toward the Republican side,” Fears said, wearing a pin of the 3rd SS Panzer Division Totenkopf of the Waffen-SS. “And I get demonized if I don’t accept certain things.”

A few hours later, Fears and two other white supremacists were arrested after firing a gun at anti-racist protesters.
:snippity:
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/maga-ter ... 97bac42a7c
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Slarti the White
Verified: Badges... we don't need no stinkin' badges

Post by Slarti the White »

RTH10260 wrote: Wed Sep 21, 2022 1:44 pm Totenkopf = skull
"Totën" = kill; "kopf" = head. The "Dead Head" reference is clear -- and I first saw it in the Illuminatus trilogy by Robert Shea and Robert A. Wilson (Some of the events occur at "Lake Totënkopf" and their intended meaning is obvious in context).
raison de arizona

White Supremacists

Tomorrow, nationwide. PDs on alert throughout the country.
Volkonski
Verified:

White Supremacists

Post by Volkonski »

:eek:

Every synagogue and Jewish center needs to be on high alert.

Some of those haters won't stop at banners and stickers.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

White Supremacists

Post by Ben-Prime »

I spent this week touring the historic Jewish quarters, cemetaries, and other loci (well, also the old Roman Ruins, because in addition to being a very secularized but ethnoculturally proud Jew, I was a history major and classics minor years before I became a professional IT geek) of Barcelona, Girona, Montjuic, and a few other Catalonian locales. It was an 8 day vacation from my work in London. I highly recommend Girona for this sort of thing, especially -- it's about 40 minutes from Barcelona by high speed train, and walkable enough even for a 53 year old diabetic with flat feet and compensatory shoes to have needed no public transport to wander for the day, just the high speed train there and back.

After seeing over and over again the images of what medieval Jews built up then being torn down, burnt down, or otherwise taken ... my heart breaks at the idea of a round of anti-Semitic violence today. I mean, any day, but especially today.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"

Return to “White Supremacists and Neo-Fascists”