Another Shooting

AndyinPA
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by AndyinPA »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:43 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:53 pm Too also, and this is maybe weird maybe not, for a couple of days before this I’ve been seeing stuff about the 7 Mountain Mandate (7MM) which, coincidentally ? is a big thing for the AF Academy in ColoSprings. Weird that there was so much of it on social media. Did you notice that too?
How the fuck does that kind of religious gobbledygook become a big thing at the AF Academy?
That has been going on for decades, I think.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Kriselda Gray »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:19 pm
Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:53 pm Too also, and this is maybe weird maybe not, for a couple of days before this I’ve been seeing stuff about the 7 Mountain Mandate (7MM) which, coincidentally ? is a big thing for the AF Academy in ColoSprings. Weird that there was so much of it on social media. Did you notice that too?
How the fuck does that kind of religious gobbledygook become a big thing at the AF Academy?
Huh. Maybe that's how my near-atheist party-boy ex-boyfriend who joined the AF wound up as an evangelical asshole who cheated on his wife among other hypocrices.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Phoenix520 »

First time I heard about this was right after 9/11. All those former military the Bushies deployed to talk up the Iraq invasion were screaming about a religious war with Islam and how America needs to God up to defeat it. They’ve been maneuvering ever since.
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Another Shooting

Post by poplove »

PatriotTakes 🇺🇸
@patriottakes
The mom of the Colorado Springs nightclub shooter follows several gun manufacturers and gun themed accounts on Instagram.
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Another Shooting

Post by Ben-Prime »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:25 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:19 pm

Huh. Maybe that's how my near-atheist party-boy ex-boyfriend who joined the AF wound up as an evangelical asshole who cheated on his wife among other hypocrices.
It's also what made my cousin, while serving in the Air Force, become more devoutly Jewish as a reactionary reflex.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Another Shooting

Post by bill_g »

Kendra

Another Shooting

Post by Kendra »

“Therefore, we will be identifying the victims by how they identified themselves and how their families have loved and identified them.”
Gupwalla

Another Shooting

Post by Gupwalla »

He’s been good with his media appearances. He’s also very empathetic to the “safe space” nature of gay social venues, especially in deeply conservative parts of the country.

Dave Cullen was on Nicole Wallace and shared stories of his early pre-out visits to nightclubs. It was eye-opening.
Kendra

Another Shooting

Post by Kendra »

Just ended on CNN, John Berman spoke with the gentleman (sorry, forget his name, I'm too busy bawling) about how he intervened and stopped the shooter. I assume video will be up shortly, but my God, I am an emotional wreck at the moment. Thank God, I can't imagine how worse things could have been without him.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

somerset

Another Shooting

Post by somerset »

Gift article:
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/11/21/us/c ... =share-url
“He saved a lot of lives,” Mayor John Suthers said of Mr. Fierro. The mayor said he had spoken to Mr. Fierro and was struck by his humility. “I have never encountered a person who engaged in such heroic actions and was so humble about it.”

It was supposed to be a chill family night out — the combat veteran and his wife, Jess, joined their daughter, Kassandra, her longtime boyfriend Raymond Green Vance, and two family friends to watch one of his daughter’s friends perform a drag act.

It was Mr. Fierro’s first time at a drag show, and he was digging it. He had spent 15 years in the Army, and now relished his role as a civilian and a father, watching one of his daughter’s old high-school friends perform.

It was a staccato of flashes by the front door, the familiar sound of small-arms fire. Mr. Fierro knew it too well. Without thinking, he hit the floor, pulling his friend down with him. Bullets sprayed across the bar, smashing bottles and glasses. People screamed. Mr. Fierro looked up and saw a figure as big as a bear, easily more than 300 pounds, wearing body armor and carrying a rifle a lot like the one he had carried in Iraq. The shooter was moving through the bar toward a door leading to a patio where dozens of people had fled.

The two crashed to the floor. The gunman’s military-style rifle clattered just out of reach. Mr. Fierro started to go for it, but then saw the gunman come up with a pistol in his other hand.

“I grabbed the gun out of his hand and just started hitting him in the head, over and over,” Mr. Fierro said.

As he held the man down and slammed the pistol down on his skull, Mr. Fierro started barking orders. He yelled for another club patron, using a string of expletives, to grab the rifle then told the patron to start kicking the gunman in the face. A drag dancer was passing by, and Mr. Fierro said he ordered her to stomp the attacker with her high heels. The whole time, Mr. Fierro said, he kept pummeling the shooter with the pistol while screaming obscenities.
Volkonski
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Amazing that the shooter survived. :o
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Slim Cognito »

Can't wait to hear that prison convo:

How'd you get those scars? Knife fight? Gang war?

I got stomped in the face by a drag queen.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Kendra wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:49 pm
“Therefore, we will be identifying the victims by how they identified themselves and how their families have loved and identified them.”
I though that was so cool
AndyinPA
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by AndyinPA »

I noticed that, too. It's really the way it should be done.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Another Shooting

Post by Kendra »

Make sure you have a box of tissue at hand before watching this. Thank God he was there, but what a price.
Dr. Ken

Another Shooting

Post by Dr. Ken »

Unarmed military vet Major Richard Fierro talking about disarming the shooter.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

bill_g wrote: Mon Nov 21, 2022 8:57 am Image
In fairness, its a lot easier to jump on someone in the middle of a crowded club with people all around him, than to charge into a room through the only entrance with the gunman covering the door with an assault weapon.
Hic sunt dracones
bill_g

Another Shooting

Post by bill_g »

An argument over whether the shooter's religion incited this. YMMV

bill_g

Another Shooting

Post by bill_g »

Suranis wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:36 am In fairness, its a lot easier to jump on someone in the middle of a crowded club with people all around him, than to charge into a room through the only entrance with the gunman covering the door with an assault weapon.
Good morning Suranis. I'll concede your point. I think it was the right guy in the right place at the right time. The stars aligned. Incredible luck. It could have gone sideways so fast. Thankfully, it didn't.
Kendra

Another Shooting

Post by Kendra »

If you’re a politician or media figure who sets up the LGBTQ community to be hated and feared - not because any of us ever harmed you but because you find it useful - then don’t you dare act surprised when this kind of violence follows.

Don’t you dare act surprised.
Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

Kendra wrote: Tue Nov 22, 2022 11:25 am https://twitter.com/PeteButtigieg/statu ... 6851988483
If you’re a politician or media figure who sets up the LGBTQ community to be hated and feared - not because any of us ever harmed you but because you find it useful - then don’t you dare act surprised when this kind of violence follows.

Don’t you dare act surprised.
Sigh. Ok. Look, I hate to be THE GUY that points out the obvious here, but...

America is a violent country. This is a thread called "Another Shooting" There's 400 odd mass shootings a year in the USA. If this is the first shooting in a Queer gathering place in a while or ever, that is NOT showing that they are particularly hated. There's been a lot more shootings in Churches than gay bars.

So this, while tragic, is NOT showing that they are a particularly hated group with constant gun pogroms against them. I can understand politically Butageg screaming to high heavens with victimhood politics flowing. But objectively, in terms of gun violence at least, this is an outlier, not an indicator of anything other than how RARELY this happens in those places.

So, if shootings at Gay nightclubs are rare, they are not indicating victimhood or hatred, quite the opposite in fact. Any more than that shooting at that Batman movie indicates that People who like Batman are a persecuted minority who have had hatred whipped up against them by a Right wing noise machine.

Hell, if anyone should be called out for getting hatred whipped up against them, based on number of Shootings, Its teachers and children.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Another Shooting

Post by raison de arizona »

Pulse
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Another Shooting

Post by Kendra »

The dude who took down the Colorado shooter owns a brewery.

His wife is the brewmaster.

They have merch: https://atrevidabeerco.com/product-page ... t-s-on-tap

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”