Another Shooting

RVInit

Re: Another Shooting

Post by RVInit »

A guy who was detained and questioned about bringing in material that indicated an interest in terrorism and making statements indicating he is harboring feelings of hatred of his workplace is exactly the kind of person who should own a crap ton of deadly weapons.

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RVInit wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 8:44 am A guy who was detained and questioned about bringing in material that indicated an interest in terrorism and making statements indicating he is harboring feelings of hatred of his workplace is exactly the kind of person who should own a crap ton of deadly weapons.

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:
Of course, some of them are illegal in California. :brickwallsmall:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Lani

Post by Lani »

San Jose gunman had 12 guns, 22,000 rounds of ammunition at home, sheriff says
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... e-shooting
Now authorities are sifting through the wreckage looking to understand why — and how — the gunman committed the horrific attack.

Evidence has painted a picture of the assailant, 57-year-old Samuel Cassidy, as a disgruntled VTA worker who hated his job. Authorities on Friday said an initial search of his house discovered multiple cans of gasoline, suspected Molotov cocktails, 12 firearms and approximately 22,000 rounds of various types of ammunition.

“It is clear that this was a planned event and the suspect was prepared to use his firearms to take as many lives as he possibly could had sheriff’s deputies not made entry to stop his rampage,” Santa Clara County sheriff’s spokesman Russell Davis said in a news release.
:snippity:
A law enforcement source told The Times that Cassidy faced disciplinary action after he made racial comments to co-workers. According to NBC News, he was scheduled to attend a “skelly” hearing Wednesday, the day of the attack. Such a hearing is required by an employer in the case of termination, demotion, suspension or reduction in pay and transfer with an accompanying loss in pay. It is not a disciplinary hearing.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
somerset

Post by somerset »

Lani wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 6:48 pm San Jose gunman had 12 guns, 22,000 rounds of ammunition at home, sheriff says
https://www.latimes.com/california/stor ... e-shooting
:snippity:
A law enforcement source told The Times that Cassidy faced disciplinary action after he made racial comments to co-workers. According to NBC News, he was scheduled to attend a “skelly” hearing Wednesday, the day of the attack. Such a hearing is required by an employer in the case of termination, demotion, suspension or reduction in pay and transfer with an accompanying loss in pay. It is not a disciplinary hearing.
And now they're saying he wasn't scheduled for a hearing:

https://sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com/2021/ ... t-writing/
SAN JOSE (CBS SF/AP) — A transit union president and officials with the Valley Transportation Authority have denied reports circulating that Samuel Cassidy, the VTA employee who killed nine people during a deadly rampage at a San Jose rail yard, was facing a disciplinary meeting the morning of the shooting.

A source had confirmed to KPIX 5 News Thursday night that such a meeting was to take place, but John Courtney, President of Amalgamated Transit Union Local 265, issued a statement saying that wasn’t the case.

“I wish to make it crystal clear that the ATU Local 265 officials who were at the site of this unfathomable tragedy were not — repeat not –there to attend any disciplinary or SkellyRights hearings or to respond to any jobsite or racial-oriented complaints,” Courtney said in his statement. “I was at the yard simply to check on working conditions and the continual safety of the dedicated men and women who work there.”

When asked Friday if a Cassidy disciplinary was scheduled for Wednesday, VTA officials simply said “No.”
I'm not sure I believe this.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

somerset wrote: Fri May 28, 2021 7:33 pm I'm not sure I believe this.
Eh, in the early stages of reporting all sorts of stuff comes up then turns out to not be the case.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 83868.html
Two people were killed and up to 25 people wounded in a mass shooting at a concert early Sunday morning in Northwest Miami-Dade, officials say. One of those injured is in critical condition, according to police.
The shooting started after midnight at a concert at a billiards hall in the 7600 block of Northwest 186th Street, an unincorporated area of the county west of Miami Gardens, Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo “Freddy” Ramirez said.

Some concert-goers where outside when a white Nissan Pathfinder pulled up, Ramierz said. Three unidentified people stepped out of the SUV with assault rifles and handguns and began shooting into the crowd.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:mad:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
filly

Post by filly »

And now a shooting with 2 dead, 25 others injured, is but a fleeting story. America has just become numb to this. A vast wasteland of death. Joe Manchin fiddles while Rome burns. Scumbags run the GOP and have decided to destroy democracy, and the Democrats aren't putting up much of a fight. Happy Memorial Day, indeed.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:23 am https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 83868.html
Two people were killed and up to 25 people wounded in a mass shooting at a concert early Sunday morning in Northwest Miami-Dade,
CONCERT. Who the hell opened anything in Maimi-Dade to concerts?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 10:23 am https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/ ... 83868.html
Two people were killed and up to 25 people wounded in a mass shooting at a concert early Sunday morning in Northwest Miami-Dade, officials say. One of those injured is in critical condition, according to police.
The shooting started after midnight at a concert at a billiards hall in the 7600 block of Northwest 186th Street, an unincorporated area of the county west of Miami Gardens, Miami-Dade Police Director Alfredo “Freddy” Ramirez said.

Some concert-goers where outside when a white Nissan Pathfinder pulled up, Ramierz said. Three unidentified people stepped out of the SUV with assault rifles and handguns and began shooting into the crowd.
It doesn't even count as a mass shooting because 4 people didn't die.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 3:22 pm
It doesn't even count as a mass shooting because 4 people didn't die.
I''m unsure where the gauge is. 2 or 4, plus two dozen injured.

It seems like America has become numb to violence.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

It is how people cope in a war zone.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Maybe I need to migrante to the Land Down Under, cause this stuff here is crazy.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Oof. Reading though the comments, it is easy to see why we are not making any progress. The bulk of them were either screaming that it was 'gang violence' and thus 'nothing to do with guns', decraying BLM and defunding the police, or claiming that if people in the venue were armed the attackers would have died instead.

Plus a bunch of comments complaining that the race of the attackers has not been reported (since the police do not know) being part of a liberal conspiracy.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

filly wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 1:20 pm And now a shooting with 2 dead, 25 others injured, is but a fleeting story. America has just become numb to this. A vast wasteland of death. Joe Manchin fiddles while Rome burns. Scumbags run the GOP and have decided to destroy democracy, and the Democrats aren't putting up much of a fight. Happy Memorial Day, indeed.
Concise and a possible death rattle.
Lani

Post by Lani »

There was another shooting in the Miami area Friday night-Saturday morning. IIRC, a car rolled up, at least 2 people in it, and the shooting started. 1 person died, 6 injured. It barely made the press.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Lani wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 6:36 pm There was another shooting in the Miami area Friday night-Saturday morning. IIRC, a car rolled up, at least 2 people in it, and the shooting started. 1 person died, 6 injured. It barely made the press.
I wouldn't actually expect it to.
I used to follow things like local police blotters... small regional stories like that rarely make national headlines. Even with the demand for a constant stream of news content, local stories still have limited appeal.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

neonzx wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:58 pm Maybe I need to migrante to the Land Down Under, cause this stuff here is crazy.
The day after the 2016 election, rikker called me, and said he was going to emigrate to Oz. He knew that this great land of ours was going to be unpleasant for a black man.

Instead, he ended up in Dallas, Texas. :blackeye:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Lani

Post by Lani »

Foggy wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 7:44 am
neonzx wrote: Sun May 30, 2021 4:58 pm Maybe I need to migrante to the Land Down Under, cause this stuff here is crazy.
The day after the 2016 election, rikker called me, and said he was going to emigrate to Oz. He knew that this great land of ours was going to be unpleasant for a black man.

Instead, he ended up in Dallas, Texas. :blackeye:
Yeah, I've been urging my son to consider relocating to Australia. I think the US is fucked. I hope I'm wrong.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

One averted.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/05/30/us/texas ... index.html
(CNN)Law enforcement officials have arrested a Texas man who they say was planning a "mass casualty event," possibly at a Walmart.

Coleman Thomas Blevins, 28, of Kerrville, was arrested Friday "on a warrant for a Terroristic Threat to Create Public Fear of Serious Bodily Injury," according to a news release from the Kerr County Sheriff's Office (KCSO).

Multiple agencies worked together for a week to intercept and foil the plan for an attack on the public, the release said, including the Texas Department of Public Safety Criminal Investigations Division, the FBI, the Kerrville Police Department and the US Secret Service.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

9-year-old boy accidentally shot in chest by father after alleged road rage incident

The father thought they were being followed, and drew his weapon. Upon arrival at their home without incident, he attempted to holster his weapon. That is when he shot his son.

So, according to the father, apparently he was driving with a weapon in one hand ready to shoot it out with another vehicle while moving. Apparently. Possibly. Maybe. Gotta take his word for it.

Another responsible gun owner fer sure.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I HATE this thread. So here's my entry.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/cashier-dead- ... d=78275587
Cashier dead, 2 wounded during argument over Georgia store's mask policy: Sheriff
Maskless man enters grocery store. Cashier asks him to put on mask. Man leaves store, but returns with gun and murders cashier.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

OMG that’s horrible.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Thanks, Trump. :mad:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”