Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Another Shooting

Volkonski
Verified:

Re: Another Shooting

Post by Volkonski »

Every little disagreement is settled with a gun. :roll: :( :mad:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

That's the Republican way!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Jim

Post by Jim »

Republican's next gun legislation...arm the toddlers!
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Now if only there had been a good guy with...

:twisted:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Jim wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:15 am Republican's next gun legislation...arm the toddlers!
Yep.. the only thing that can stop a bad toddler with a gun in a good preschooler with a gun. Unless the toddler is standing their ground of course.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Surprising because it takes typically a 4-5 lb average pull on a handgun trigger to fire it. :think: A 2 year old finger?
Jim

Post by Jim »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:32 pm Surprising because it takes typically a 4-5 lb average pull on a handgun trigger to fire it. :think: A 2 year old finger?
That's if he used his finger and didn't stick something in the trigger mechanism like a stick or a toy that pulled the trigger back.

And that child is lucky because most 2 year-olds things go from hand to mouth and he could have blown his own brains out.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Lots of these dimwits modify their firearms to reduce the trigger pulls to nearly nothing. FWIW.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:32 pm Surprising because it takes typically a 4-5 lb average pull on a handgun trigger to fire it. :think: A 2 year old finger?
It happens with some regularity. More like a 2-year-old hand than a finger, though.

(not being flippant, just unable to say it with proper disgust)
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:52 pm
It happens with some regularity. More like a 2-year-old hand than a finger, though.

I agree... but I sent this article to a couple RWNJ relatives and they are calling BS... of course, cause they love guns.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

neonzx wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:09 pm
W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:52 pm

I agree... but I sent this article to a couple RWNJ relatives and they are calling BS... of course, cause they love guns.
tfg did this. What a mess we are in.

“Stick with us. Don’t believe the crap you see from these people, the fake news. … What you’re seeing and what you’re reading is not what’s happening.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:50 pm Lots of these dimwits modify their firearms to reduce the trigger pulls to nearly nothing. FWIW.
Yeah, 'hair trigger' has taken on a mystique.
Jim

Post by Jim »

neeneko wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 2:23 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 12:50 pm Lots of these dimwits modify their firearms to reduce the trigger pulls to nearly nothing. FWIW.
Yeah, 'hair trigger' has taken on a mystique.
Till they shoot themselves pulling their gun...which does happen.

Gun safety tip: If you're going to set up you gun with a hair-trigger, make sure chamber does not have a bullet in it.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:52 am That's the Republican way!!!
The we need to bring back dueling....

Pistols at dawn!!!!
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Toddler was just getting in his/her shot first…

As statistically someone in the household was likely to be shot because the gun was there…

Survival of the quickest
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Another child traumatized when he's old enough to realize what happened.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

i always think of this article:

https://www.thetrace.org/2015/10/florid ... n-storage/
Sean picked up the gun and waved it around, then took aim at a louvered glass window. He later recalled that Erin, seeming frightened, tried to run out of the room. She’d just passed by the window when Sean pulled the trigger. The bullet went in through her shoulder and lodged in her heart.

Sean dropped the gun. He picked Erin up and held her on his lap, putting his hand over the wound, trying to stop the blood. Erin’s eyes rolled back in her head. He tried to give her mouth-to-mouth resuscitation, which he’d either heard about in school or seen on TV. He called 911. “My sister’s dead,” Sean said, his voice filled with an awful, guttural panic. “I didn’t know my dad’s, my dad’s gun was loaded.” Soon the police arrived. They sat Sean in the living room as they tried in vain to resuscitate Erin. It’s been nearly 30 years, but Sean still remembers that moment. He remembers everything about that afternoon.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Good girl with a gun? Swap the genders around a bit and this would be a perfect 'child protects their mother from attacker! RWNJ story'...

A 10-year-old girl was arrested after police say she fatally shot a woman arguing with her mom

Though given the age and arrest, why do I suspect she was a PoC and officers felt she looked older than her years?
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

The toddler shooting dad story demonstrates the need to require proving competence for gun ownership. OTOH, it also proves that outlaws will be outlaws because both parents were felons in possession.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Yeah, but, how can my gun protect me if it's locked up and unloaded?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:29 am Yeah, but, how can my gun protect me if it's locked up and unloaded?
My son, who is a combat vet, has guns, but they are all locked up separate from the ammo. He's joked that, if someone breaks in, he'll ask them politely to please wait while he gets his gun ready. Honestly, I don't know how to respond to that.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:52 am My son, who is a combat vet, has guns, but they are all locked up separate from the ammo. He's joked that, if someone breaks in, he'll ask them politely to please wait while he gets his gun ready. Honestly, I don't know how to respond to that.
Given how many burglars are really just interested in stealing whatever they can find quickly, for home defense it would not surprise me if an unloaded gun does the job just fine. While some claim 'oh it gives your position away!', racking a shotgun will probably be enough to convince most 'home invaders' that they do not want to be there anymore.
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:52 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 9:29 am Yeah, but, how can my gun protect me if it's locked up and unloaded?
My son, who is a combat vet, has guns, but they are all locked up separate from the ammo. He's joked that, if someone breaks in, he'll ask them politely to please wait while he gets his gun ready. Honestly, I don't know how to respond to that.
We have 3 guns, my dad’s 12-gauge double barrel shotgun he had custom made in Spain (1950 something) one 22 rifle and a 22 handgun because we live in the country and do occasionally have to shoot things other than beer cans off the fence post out front. They stay locked up separate from the ammo as well. We may bring them out once or twice a year.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

It was a while back, but I once read statistics saying that toddlers kill more people in America than Islamic Terrorists. Toddlers shooting family members is nothing new.

So, did a search, and ya Snopes checked it. It was in 2015

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/toddl ... errorists/
A little kid finds a gun, fires it, and hurts or kills himself or someone else. These cases rarely bubble up to the national level except when someone, like a parent, ends up dead … But cases like this happen a lot more frequently than you might think. After spending a few hours sifting through news reports, I’ve found at least 43 instances this year of somebody being shot by a toddler 3 or younger. In 31 of those 43 cases, a toddler found a gun and shot himself or herself.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”