Another Shooting

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Another Shooting

Post by raison de arizona »

Sacramento.
Father Shoots Self After Killing His 3 Children, 1 Other Inside Arden Arcade Area Church

Three children were shot dead by their father, who then took his own life, at a church in the Arden Arcade area Monday afternoon, the Sacramento County Sheriff’s Office confirmed.

Sgt. Rod Grassman also confirmed there was a fifth person killed but it is unclear if that person was also family.

All three children were under the age of 15 and the incident was contained to inside the church, Grassman said. The identities of the involved parties have not yet been released.
:snippity:
https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2022/02 ... en-church/

Scott Stedman @ScottMStedman wrote: The shooter killed his 3 kids and another person before it looks like he took his own life.

This is the 70th mass shooting (4+ victims) in the US in 2022. https://gunviolencearchive.org.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Alec Baldwin Seeks to Avoid Liability in Fatal ‘Rust’ Shooting
In an arbitration demand against his fellow producers on the film, he denied culpability in the killing of a cinematographer and said he should not be held financially responsible.

By Graham Bowley and Julia Jacobs
March 11, 2022
Updated 11:57 a.m. ET

Alec Baldwin gave his most detailed account yet of fatally shooting a cinematographer on the set of the film “Rust” last year in an arbitration demand that his lawyers filed Friday against his fellow producers, claiming that his contract protected him from financial responsibility in her death and seeking coverage of his legal fees.

Mr. Baldwin has been named in several lawsuits seeking damages since he shot and killed the cinematographer, Halyna Hutchins, on Oct. 21 in New Mexico while practicing for a scene that required him to draw a gun. The filing said that he was not responsible for her death, since he had been assured that the gun did not contain any live ammunition and because he was not responsible for checking the ammunition or for firearm safety on the set.

The filing provided new details of Mr. Baldwin’s role as a producer of “Rust,” a production some former crew members claimed in lawsuits had sacrificed safety by cutting costs. While Mr. Baldwin was involved in creative matters, the filing said, others had authority over hiring and budgets. Mr. Baldwin was to be paid $250,000 to star in the movie and act as a producer, it said, but he gave back $100,000 as an “investment” in the film.

And the filing contained text messages that Mr. Baldwin had exchanged with Matthew Hutchins, the widower of the slain cinematographer, which showed how their relationship had deteriorated over time — from mutual expressions of condolence and support in the immediate aftermath of the shooting to the pointed wrongful-death lawsuit Mr. Hutchins filed against Mr. Baldwin this year.

It provided a vivid account of the fatal shooting on the New Mexico film set, which took place after lunch as Mr. Baldwin rehearsed a scene inside a church in which his character, Harland Rust, is cornered and draws his gun.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/03/11/movi ... ation.html
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

https://www.kwch.com/2022/03/18/wichita ... uare-mall/

this happened yesterday...

So-sometimes I need a little perspective. This week was spring break but I have been sick all week. Apparently I had/have a nasty stomach bug. Today is payday and our plans were to go eat and then go to Coach in the mall. Because I am still not feeling the best we came home instead of going to the mall. We would have been inside the mall when the shooting started. We did eat at Longhorns right outside the mall and left about 20 minutes before the shooting.
So while I may have been feeling sorry for myself because I was sick all week, 2 things come to mind. I did not get shot and I did not miss any classtime days with my babies.

oh and this kid was a kid at my former school. I knew him
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

I am glad you both avoided it.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

they released name a picture of dead kid.

He was a student at my former school. TROUBLE all the time. I am not surprised...I am sad. He was 14

oh and went to Coach today to get my item. Over half of the stores were closed.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

we had officers and swat and all kinds of police presence form 4 different counties. At first they thought active shooter

at the same time, someone tried to committ suicide another had a stroke.

police were busy yesterday
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:shock:

:(

:bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:36 am https://www.kwch.com/2022/03/18/wichita ... uare-mall/

So-sometimes I need a little perspective. This week was spring break but I have been sick all week. Apparently I had/have a nasty stomach bug. Today is payday and our plans were to go eat and then go to Coach in the mall. Because I am still not feeling the best we came home instead of going to the mall. We would have been inside the mall when the shooting started. We did eat at Longhorns right outside the mall and left about 20 minutes before the shooting.
So while I may have been feeling sorry for myself because I was sick all week, 2 things come to mind. I did not get shot and I did not miss any classtime days with my babies.

Oh man, that's harsh. I'm sorry you're having to deal with all that! I'm glad you went home, though, instead of into the mall and I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. I hope you get all the way well soon!
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

sad-cafe wrote: Sun Mar 20, 2022 12:36 am https://www.kwch.com/2022/03/18/wichita ... uare-mall/

I love your perspective on this, and am very glad you were not near this. ((((big hugs))))
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bighug: to sad cafe.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Two hours ago, someone fired four shots into my subdivision and sped off. This happened right in front of one our best friends house (they live on the corner across the street from the entrance to our sub). Had I not delayed ordering dinner, I would have been exiting the subdivision right as the shots were fired. My departure did coincide with a squad car letting off a cop to cross the street to interview my friend (they are fine, the shots were fired away from their house and they didn't see anything because they were inside eating dinner). There were at least 6 more squad cars in front of the houses that may have been fired at.

We are fine, we're four blocks in from the main street. But that was close.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Whoa, when I was in law school in downtown Los Angeles, I used to lie awake some nights and think, if only one out of ten noises I heard that sounded like gunshots were really guns being fired, I was still hearing several dozen real gunshots every night of my life. One time there was a major incident not two blocks away, SWAT teams, comm trucks, dozens of cop cars and cops EVERYWHERE. They finally fired tear gas through a third-story window and assaulted the place. I watched the whole thing.

But it wasn't, of course, important enough to merit mention in the next day's paper (in '83 we didn't have no stinkin' intertoobz). It wasn't the top siege of the day, in the big city.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

I knew a cabinetmaker who had a cheap space in a sketchy part of Baltimore who fell into the habit of listening for the gunshots to stop before opening the dock door to make a delivery.

That was 30 years ago. :shock:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Foggy wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 8:07 am Whoa, when I was in law school in downtown Los Angeles, I used to lie awake some nights and think, if only one out of ten noises I heard that sounded like gunshots were really guns being fired, I was still hearing several dozen real gunshots every night of my life. One time there was a major incident not two blocks away, SWAT teams, comm trucks, dozens of cop cars and cops EVERYWHERE. They finally fired tear gas through a third-story window and assaulted the place. I watched the whole thing.

But it wasn't, of course, important enough to merit mention in the next day's paper (in '83 we didn't have no stinkin' intertoobz). It wasn't the top siege of the day, in the big city.
Southwestern Law School?
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

No, USC.
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

I've lived for several years in the ghetto...

Gunshots are your lullaby...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:22 pm I've lived for several years in the ghetto...

… a hymn to freedom, a celebration of love between neighbors, the melody of safety enhanced by the harmony of politeness!

(if I understand NRA propaganda)
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Sam the Centipede wrote: Tue Mar 29, 2022 3:49 am
Frater I*I wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 9:22 pm I've lived for several years in the ghetto...

… a hymn to freedom, a celebration of love between neighbors, the melody of safety enhanced by the harmony of politeness!

(if I understand NRA propaganda)
Sounds about right
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Sure glad I was a teenager over 50 years ago in a state with gun control laws.
raison de arizona

KBI: Shot that killed child in SE Kansas hostage incident was fired by police officer

The Kansas Bureau of Investigation announced Monday that 2-year-old Clesslynn Crawford was killed by a single gunshot fired by a Joplin Police officer during a hostage incident that happened March 26 in Baxter Springs.

At about 7:15 p.m. that Saturday, Baxter Springs police officers responded after a woman called 911, requesting help due to an ongoing domestic disturbance. The KBI said when officers arrived, they knocked on the door of the residence, a pull-behind camping trailer.

A man the KBI identified as 37-year-old Eli Crawford of Baxter Springs answered the door but slammed it shut after seeing it was police, the KBI said. The KBI said Crawford’s daughter, a 2-year-old girl, then reopened the door and a 27-year-old woman ran outside.

Crawford killed the woman and then exchanged fire with officers, firing an estimated 90+ rounds. When officers approached the trailer, they found Crawford and the 2-year-old girl both deceased inside.

In its findings Monday, the KBI said Taylor Shutte, 27, was killed just outside of the camping trailer after she was struck by multiple gunshots fired by Eli Crawford. It is believed that Crawford died of a single, self-inflicted gunshot wound. The investigation indicates that 2-year-old Clesslynn Crawford died as a result of the single round fired by an officer from the Joplin Police Department.

The investigation is ongoing. The KBI is asking the public for patience as agents work the case. The incident is being thoroughly and independently investigated. Once it concludes, the findings will be presented to the Cherokee County Attorney to determine if criminal charges will be filed.
https://www.kwch.com/2022/04/04/kbi-sho ... by-police/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

The "Good guy with a gun" narrative proven false...

https://www.cnn.com/2022/04/08/us/georg ... qsAR9THbkI
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

16-year-old killed when teens wearing body armor take turns shooting each other in Florida, police say
Belleview police arrest 2 teens in fatal shooting
In the video, Broad is allegedly seen firing a single shot at Vining — who was wearing the vest — as Whitler stood nearby. After Broad and Vining switched roles, Vining shot Broad in the vest once, Broad nodded, and Vining then shot Broad four more times, police said.
https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local ... olice-say/

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”