Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Another Shooting

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Another Shooting

Post by Foggy »

A veterinarian. :|

And her 8 year old daughter saw Mom and two cops murder each other.

I am horrify.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:36 am A veterinarian. :|
I await the toxicology report on Amy Anderson.
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

RTH10260 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:18 am shooting prevention
Relatives of Aldrich’s grandparents have said they gave Aldrich about $30,000 to buy a 3-D printer that they said he used to make gun parts.
I had missed this about Aldrich. Economic anxiety indeed.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by AndyinPA »

That, literally, could not happen anywhere but this country.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Another Shooting

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 9:35 am
Reports indicate a complete mental breakdown. She had fled her home in Ocean Springs with her daughter and 3 dogs before checking into the Motel 6 in the Bay (about 40 miles) and was reportedly acting weird for the last few days. The officers spoke with her for almost an hour, getting her statement and asking about the white pick-up. It wasn't until she loaded the car to leave that they called CPS. The Sgt was still speaking to her at the door to her vehicle when she shot him.

Her ex-husband is in prison for molesting one of their children.
neonzx

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:44 am
Reports indicate a complete mental breakdown. She had fled her home in Ocean Springs with her daughter and 3 dogs before checking into the Motel 6 in the Bay (about 40 miles) and was reportedly acting weird for the last few days. The officers spoke with her for almost an hour, getting her statement and asking about the white pick-up. It wasn't until she loaded the car to leave that they called CPS. The Sgt was still speaking to her at the door to her vehicle when she shot him.

OH f83k, it's sadness all around.

When I read the responding officer spent 40 minutes on the call before it went sideways it sounded like it was more complicated.
sugar magnolia

Another Shooting

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:48 am
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:44 am

OH f83k, it's sadness all around.
Yes it is. But probably not drug related.
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

I missed that story (there are too many stories in this thread...).

https://www.wlbt.com/2022/12/16/woman-w ... s-now-say/
Anderson had three children. The older two were with their father. The eight-year-old was still with her mother because she has a different father.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Phoenix520 »

Just a personal anecdote: I’ve known 2 female vets socially. Both of them were involved with bikers, pretty rough dudes. Doesn’t sound like this lady had great judgement in men either.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Another Shooting

Post by Foggy »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:44 am Her ex-husband is in prison for molesting one of their children.
Oh no. Without any evidence at all, I suspect the victim was the 8 year old. She was the only one with mom at the Motel 6, yesno?

And yes, that can definitely cause a mental break. I don't have to tell you ladies how you would feel if your husband molested your daughter. You feel like you didn't protect her. You blame yourself. I handled those cases in court and talked to the moms. Molestation is a nightmare in more ways than most people can imagine.

And if the 8 year old was the victim before, now look at what happened to her. Her mom was just trying to protect her, but she went crazy and now she's gone.

And nobody is going to jail. She saw three people shot to death, and all anybody can say is it's a terrible tragedy. Nobody is going to jail, and I hope to god they don't give her to the molester (but it's Mississippi, so who knows), and with any luck she finds some decent relatives who can help her with a lifetime of PTSD.

What a tragic story. I am even worse than horrify now.
neonzx

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:00 pm
sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 11:44 am Her ex-husband is in prison for molesting one of their children.
Oh no. Without any evidence at all, I suspect the victim was the 8 year old. She was the only one with mom at the Motel 6, yesno?
No. Whichever child was molested by the father in prison is one of the two older ones from the other sperm donor, not the 8 year olds father. But this does suggest Amy has poor choice in men.
sugar magnolia

Another Shooting

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:09 pm
No. Whichever child was molested by the father in prison is one of the two older ones from the other sperm donor, not the 8 year olds father. But this does suggest Amy has poor choice in men.
Why do you say that?
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 1:26 pm
Why do you say that?
Yes, there's no way to know that. There are people who present well and seem very normal who turn out to be not so normal. That's not a choice, but being a victim of deception/deceptiveness. Hanging out with known-to-be-rough bikers is a choice.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Another Shooting

Post by keith »

Phoenix520 wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 12:58 pm Just a personal anecdote: I’ve known 2 female vets socially. Both of them were involved with bikers, pretty rough dudes. Doesn’t sound like this lady had great judgement in men either.
Lila's vet is female. I think the practice has 4 female vets, but an occasional male comes in as a locum. I don't know if they hang around bikers or not, but they are excellent vets.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
sugar magnolia

Another Shooting

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 2:31 pm
Why do you say that?
Yes, there's no way to know that. There are people who present well and seem very normal who turn out to be not so normal. That's not a choice, but being a victim of deception/deceptiveness. Hanging out with known-to-be-rough bikers is a choice.
I was more wondering why he said it was the older daughter and not the younger?
pipistrelle

Another Shooting

Post by pipistrelle »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:43 pm
Why do you say that?
Yeah, I’m confused by this quote: https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 11#p160428
sugar magnolia

Another Shooting

Post by sugar magnolia »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 5:46 pm
Yeah, I’m confused by this quote: https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 11#p160428
She has 2 kids by her first husband, a girl and a boy. They are/were with their father. She has one child, the little girl in question, with the child molester. The child molester also has a son by his first wife, and at one point had full custody of him.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Another Shooting

Post by Phoenix520 »

Keith, all my vets in quite a while have been lady vets. At our current clinic, we have dr Jim and his wife, vets, and their niece just joined the practice. I don’t think there’s anything to lady vets and their men choices - except for the ones I knew in my misspent youth.

But this one seemed sorely lacking in judgement.
neonzx

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

My impulse was it would have been the older daughter. If he is already serving a prison term, not county lockup awaiting trial.. which would have been long unless he pleaded guilty.

But I do not have access to open records there because.. not Florida.
sugar magnolia

Another Shooting

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:31 pm
My impulse was it would have been the older daughter. If he is already serving a prison term, not county lockup awaiting trial.. which would have been long unless he pleaded guilty.

He pled guilty in Feb of 2018 and was sentenced. The incident(s) happened in Mar of 2017 and he was indicted in Aug of 2017.

And if it was only your "impulse" then why phrase it as an absolute fact?
neonzx

Another Shooting

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:40 pm
neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 6:31 pm

He pled guilty in Feb of 2018 and was sentenced. The incident(s) happened in Mar of 2017 and he was indicted in Aug of 2017.

And if it was only your "impulse" then why phrase it as an absolute fact?
I did not phrase as absolute fact. And accepting I responded on "impulse" should speak to that? Officer?
Suranis

Another Shooting

Post by Suranis »

What a tragic mess. Not much more I can say. :(
Hic sunt dracones
sugar magnolia

Another Shooting

Post by sugar magnolia »

neonzx wrote: Sun Dec 18, 2022 8:44 pm I did not phrase as absolute fact. And accepting I responded on "impulse" should speak to that? Officer?
Actually, you did.
https://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.p ... 78#p160436
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Another Shooting

Post by raison de arizona »

2-year-old critically injured after shooting self in leg

Dec. 16—BLUEFIELD, W.Va. — A 2-year-old boy was critically injured Thursday night when he shot himself in the leg with a handgun, police officials said Friday.

The incident occurred around 8 p.m. at a residence on Reese Street in Bluefield, Detective-Lieutenant Kenny Adams, with the Bluefield Police Department, said.

Adams said the firearm belonged to the boyfriend of the mother. He was not at the home when the incident occurred.

"He left the gun in the bedroom where the kids were playing," Adams said. "He was not home. Mom was the only one there."

Adams said the toddler shot himself in the upper leg with the .40 caliber handgun. "The hollow-point bullet went through his thigh."

"He lost a substantial amount of blood," Adams said. "A tourniquet was applied to stop the bleeding."
:snippity:
Two other children were in the house at the time of the shooting, a 6-year-old and a 4-year-old, Adams said.

"The other kids were there and witnessed the incident,"
he said.
"There were other guns around the house as well," Adams said.
https://news.yahoo.com/2-old-critically ... 00638.html
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dave from down under

Another Shooting

Post by Dave from down under »

American parents of small children

Remember it is your 2A duty to ensure your child handles loaded firearms from birth till death.

In a similar vein, please ensure all electric saws, especially chain saws, etc are left plugged in (or batteries charged), for children to play with.

What doesn’t kill builds character.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”