Another Shooting

Jim

Re: Another Shooting

Post by Jim »

RVInit wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 am
Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:22 am Will mom realize that instead of an embarrassing firearms charge, alternative outcomes include an orphaned child or a bereaved parent?
I doubt it. She will just be angry about the inconvenience of having to stay there while the event was investigated.

I shake my head at people who actually believe that going to Walmart, Lowe's, or McDonald's is fraught with so much danger that they have to bring their guns and...their....kids? It doesn't even make sense that you think the big bad outdoors is so dangerous you have to bring your gun, but probably didn't think twice about also bringing the kid. These people are brainwashed by rwnj media to the point where they don't even see the incongruity of their actions, they are just completely on auto pilot. I guess rwnj media forgot to tell them that oh yeah, in addition to bringing your gun, you probably should leave the kid at home because, yannow, danger and all. Of course, we know why they dont' tell them to leave the kids at home. Because there is no real danger. These people have guns but their brains are atrophied at this point.
You do realize that things like carjackings are up all across the country and places like Walmart are prime targets for carjackers? Just in the past month there's probably been 3 or 4 stories of carjackings with the kids still in the car.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Jim wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:04 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:22 am Will mom realize that instead of an embarrassing firearms charge, alternative outcomes include an orphaned child or a bereaved parent?
I doubt it. She will just be angry about the inconvenience of having to stay there while the event was investigated.

I shake my head at people who actually believe that going to Walmart, Lowe's, or McDonald's is fraught with so much danger that they have to bring their guns and...their....kids? It doesn't even make sense that you think the big bad outdoors is so dangerous you have to bring your gun, but probably didn't think twice about also bringing the kid. These people are brainwashed by rwnj media to the point where they don't even see the incongruity of their actions, they are just completely on auto pilot. I guess rwnj media forgot to tell them that oh yeah, in addition to bringing your gun, you probably should leave the kid at home because, yannow, danger and all. Of course, we know why they dont' tell them to leave the kids at home. Because there is no real danger. These people have guns but their brains are atrophied at this point.
You do realize that things like carjackings are up all across the country and places like Walmart are prime targets for carjackers? Just in the past month there's probably been 3 or 4 stories of carjackings with the kids still in the car.
I do know this. I just question the idea of someone being so concerned about crime as to bring a gun, but not so concerned as to leave their child at home. If I thought going to Walmart was so risky that I need to bring a loaded weapon with one already in the chamber, then I would leave the kid with a babysitter.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Jim

Post by Jim »

RVInit wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:55 pm

I do know this. I just question the idea of someone being so concerned about crime as to bring a gun, but not so concerned as to leave their child at home. If I thought going to Walmart was so risky that I need to bring a loaded weapon with one already in the chamber, then I would leave the kid with a babysitter.
Yeah, pre-pandemic I would agree, but lots of mothers out there having trouble finding daycare and babysitters...or haven't you noticed?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

A total lack of rudimentary firearms safety, if you're gonna pack, do it with a holster. This way you can be sure the safety doesn't get disengaged accidently, if she even had it on to begin with...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Jim wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:26 pm

Yeah, pre-pandemic I would agree, but lots of mothers out there having trouble finding daycare and babysitters...or haven't you noticed?
I just searched online for babysitters within 5 miles of my zip code and got 25 hits. Maybe that's not true everywhere though. I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm sure we both have made valid points. :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Well, you have, at least, RV.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Yeah, I’d like a report of how many times car jackings at Walmart were thwarted by a good guy with a gun versus how many times Something Bad happened from having guns. Let’s get a ratio on that.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RVInit wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:37 am I shake my head at people who actually believe that going to Walmart, Lowe's, or McDonald's is fraught with so much danger that they have to bring their guns and...

My brother, Don, used to be a cop in Orlando. He would carry a gun when he went to pick up a pizza. He didn't do this out of fear. Its just the the owner of the pizzeria knew him and new that he was a cop.

Don's concern was that he might be there when some high school fullback, weighing 280-300 pounds and having quaffed a few (probably illegal) beers and start making trouble, as drunken teenagers are sometimes wont to do. The owner might call my brother and say "Don, you're a cop. Can you handle this guy?" My brother is not a small man, but he would probably be outclassed in a physical confrontation like that.

He also knows how to handle a handgun safely. An accidental discharge is highly unlikely.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

I would find another store.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:06 pm Yeah, I’d like a report of how many times car jackings at Walmart were thwarted by a good guy with a gun versus how many times Something Bad happened from having guns. Let’s get a ratio on that.
I remember when congresswoman Gabby Giffords was shot at a supermarket in AZ.

The shooter stopped to reload (maybe his gun jammed). When he did that, several (unarmed) bystanders tackled him and sat on his chest, waiting for the police.

A couple of "good guys with guns" thought that the bystanders were the attackers and that the shooter was the victim. They took aim and were about to fire, when they realized the truth of the situation.

In that case, the "good guys" did not make the situation worse by shooting the wrong person, but they were seconds away from doing so. Someone else, in a different situation, might not reach that way. They may take the approach "shoot first and ask questions later".
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:confuzzled: But but but … what's all this talk about carjackings at Walmart? Haven't gun fetishists explained often enough how a society flooded with guns is polite and free of crime? /sarcasm
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

ST. LOUIS (KMOV) - A 2-year-old boy accidentally shot his father in the back and killed him, St. Louis police say.

The incident happened around 8:40 p.m. Saturday. Police found the victim, reportedly a man in his 20s, unconscious and not breathing. He was later pronounced dead.

Authorities say the victim’s 2-year-old son was handling a rifle when it went off.

Homicide detectives are investigating.

ADVERTISEMENT
Police say there was also a woman in the home when the shooting happened. It is unclear whether she will face any charges.

Copyright 2021 KMOV via CNN Newsource. All rights reserved.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

Friday’s Tacoma Mall shooting kindled memories of 2005 shooting that wounded seven

Read more at: https://www.thenewstribune.com/news/loc ... rylink=cpy

... but really, the headline says it all. I suppose we are running out of malls.
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

Post by jez »

Dave from down under wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 3:45 am US Citizens can migrate to Australia provided they can meet requirements for one of the country's visa subclasses.
The primary pathways are as follows:
Employer-sponsored visas;
General Skilled Migration (GSM);
Distinguished Talent visas;
Student and Graduate visas;
Business visas; and.
Family visas.
Off Topic
I actually have looked into this and as a Technical Writer, I actually qualify am eligible for a work visa in both Australia and New Zealand. I just need to land the job first. Then afford the move. Details... they will get you every time.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:bighug:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:( and :mad:
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

'Rust' shooting: New affidavit reveals weapons supplier may have provided live ammo

Taryn Ryder·Writer, Yahoo Entertainment
Wed, December 1, 2021, 1:33 AM

More details have emerged about the Oct. 21 shooting on the set of Rust.

A search warrant issued by the Santa Fe County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday reveals the weapons supplier, who has a connection to armorer Hannah Gutierrez Reed's father, may have provided the live ammunition that killed cinematographer Halyna Hutchins. The sheriff's office also released incident reports revealing the clearest picture yet on what happened at Bonanza Creek Ranch after Alec Baldwin fired a prop gun allegedly containing a live round.

According to the affidavit reviewed by Yahoo Entertainment, Hannah informed officers that ammunition for the Western indie film was purchased from "various sources," including Seth Kenney, owner of PDQ Arm & Prop. Kenney apparently contacted investigators on Oct. 29 saying he might know where the live ammunition came from. Kenney thought it could have been "handmade reloaded rounds" that he got from a friend "years" prior.

Kenney also worked with Hannah's father, Thell Reed, on a separate film project just months prior. Thell, a longtime Hollywood armorer, told officers on Nov. 17 that he provided Kenney with live ammunition on the set of that production. Thell alleges Kenney requested the live ammunition to train the actors "in the event they ran out of what was supplied," per the document.

"Thell stated he did bring an 'ammo can' with live ammunition from a friend ... he advised there was approximately 200-300 rounds in the can," the affidavit states. Thell claims Kenney took the can and the remainder of the ammunition back to New Mexico. When he requested to get it back, Kenney allegedly said to "write it off." Thell told investigators the can had .45 caliber Colt ammunition, which may match the ammunition found on the set of Rust.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rus ... 10037.html
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

RTH10260
Kenney also worked with Hannah's father, Thell Reed, on a separate film project just months prior. Thell, a longtime Hollywood armorer, told officers on Nov. 17 that he provided Kenney with live ammunition on the set of that production. Thell alleges Kenney requested the live ammunition to train the actors "in the event they ran out of what was supplied," per the document.
WTF??????!!!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:brickwallsmall:
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Alec Baldwin says he doesn’t care if career is over after shooting incident
Actor says in TV interview he did not pull trigger of gun that went off and killed cinematographer on film set

Dani Anguiano, Andrew Pulver and agencies
Fri 3 Dec 2021 03.45 GMT

Alec Baldwin said his 40-year acting career “could be” over after the shooting incident on the set of the western Rust that resulted in the death of cinematographer Halyna Hutchins and wounded director Joel Souza.

In a lengthy and emotional interview on US TV with ABC News’ George Stephanopoulos, Baldwin added that he “couldn’t give a shit” about his career.

The actor said he did not pull the trigger on the gun that killed Hutchins, 42, and injured Souza, 48. The gun he was holding, which Baldwin believed to be safe, went off during rehearsals for the western, in an incident that shocked Hollywood and prompted a reckoning over production safety and the use of weapons on set.

Baldwin responded to comments by fellow actors, such as George Clooney, who said they checked guns themselves, saying: “There were a lot of people who felt it necessary to contribute some comment to the situation, which really didn’t help the situation at all. If your protocol is you checking the gun every time, well, good for you. Good for you.”

He added: “My protocol was to trust the person that had the job.”

Baldwin, who was also credited as a producer on the film, questioned how a live bullet ended up in a gun.

“There’s only one question to be resolved, and that’s where did the live round come from?” Baldwin said the interview with Stephanopoulos that aired Thursday night. The interview was first time the actor has spoken in-depth on camera about the 21 October shooting.

Alec Baldwin is shown getting emotional during his interview on ABC.
Alec Baldwin says he didn’t pull the trigger in Rust shooting
Read more
“A live round isn’t supposed to be anywhere near the set,” Baldwin said. “I don’t have anything to hide.”

In a clip from the interview released Wednesday, Stephanopoulos asked Baldwin, who was also a producer on the film, to confirm that the script didn’t call for the trigger to be pulled. “Well, the trigger wasn’t pulled. I didn’t pull the trigger,” Baldwin says.

“So you never pulled the trigger?” Stephanopoulos asks. “No, no, no, no. I would never point a gun at anyone and pull a trigger at them. Never,” Baldwin responded.

The actor said he “let go of the hammer” on the weapon and the gun went off. “I never pulled the trigger,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2021/d ... -interview
PaulG

Post by PaulG »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 8:32 am
Alec Baldwin says he doesn’t care if career is over after shooting incident
The actor said he “let go of the hammer” on the weapon and the gun went off. “I never pulled the trigger,” he said.
Thing is he was posing and Hutchins was looking at a monitor, telling him how to adjust his position to get the image she wanted.
I speculate he was told to relax, he relaxes his grip, hammer snaps down. If the gun shifted slightly as he relaxed, or as he lost his grip on the hammer, it wasn't going to send the bullet where he was aiming anyway.

Also, what kind of "armorer" has a coffee can around with live rounds in it?
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Suspect in Mass Killing at Colorado Grocery Store Is Mentally Incompetent, Judge Says
The man accused of murdering 10 people in Boulder, Colo., in March will be sent to a state hospital “to restore his competency as soon as possible so that we may proceed forward with the case,” prosecutors said.

By Michael Levenson
Dec. 3, 2021, 9:41 p.m. ET

A judge on Friday found that the man charged with fatally shooting 10 people at a grocery store in Boulder, Colo., in March is mentally incompetent to stand trial and has ordered that he be treated at a state hospital, prosecutors said.

Over the past three months, four doctors have concluded that the defendant, Ahmad Al Aliwi Alissa, 22, is incompetent to stand trial, the Boulder County District Attorney’s Office said in a statement.

“Given that all the doctors are in agreement, holding a hearing on the defendant’s competency is unnecessary and would not be in the interest of justice or judicial efficiency,” the district attorney’s office said. “Therefore, we did not request an additional hearing and requested that the defendant be transferred to the State Hospital in Pueblo, Colo., in order to restore his competency as soon as possible so that we may proceed forward with the case.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/03/us/b ... etent.html
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

Glad I decided to go north to get lunch today - a half mile south of where I live, a car was riddled with bullets right at the same time I left for lunch. I could see the emergency vehicles on my way home (working remotely at the moment), but didn't know what they were for at the time.

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”