Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Another Shooting

filly

Another Shooting

Post by filly »

Started this thread to put stories about shootings that are not "active."

Here's the booking photo of the 27 year old white guy who went on a shooting spree in Bryan, Texas and environs yesterday shortly after Governor DumbDumb said Texas would be a "gun sanctuary":

In addition to civilians, he shot a cop in the face. Back the Blue and all of that BS.
filly

Re: Another Shooting

Post by filly »

Off-duty Pentagon police officer charged with murder in the shootings of two Maryland men

By
Dan Morse
April 9, 2021 at 9:02 a.m. CDT

Takoma Park police have charged an off-duty Pentagon police officer with two counts of second-degree murder in the Wednesday shootings of two men outside a condominium building, officials announced Friday.

They identified the officer as David Hall Dixon and said he lived in the condominium building.

“Our investigation revealed that Mr. Dixon’s overview of events was inconsistent with the evidence and facts in the case,” Takoma Park Police Chief Antonio DeVaul said Friday, “and that Mr. Dixon had no lawful or justifiable reason to shoot and kill Mr. Williams and Mr. Johnson.”

Dixon is also charged with two counts of use of a handgun in the commission of a felony and reckless endangerment in the killings of Dominique Williams, 32, of Hyattsville, and James Lionel Johnson, 38, of District Heights, Takoma Park officials said. Dixon also has been charged with attempted second-degree murder and use of a handgun in the commission of a felony in the assault of Michael Thomas, 36, who was the driver of a vehicle Dixon shot into, according to police.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/pu ... story.html
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Per MSÑBC, a shooting at a HS in knoxville TN.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/12/us/knoxv ... _term=link
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

LEN CANNON
@lencannonKHOU
We have learned that one person has died, after a school shooting in Knoxville, TN. #khou11
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

One person was killed and another "detained" Monday after gunfire erupted at a Knoxville, Tennessee, high school, police said.

Around 3:15 p.m., multiple law enforcement agencies responded to Austin-East Magnet High School, "on the report of a male subject who was possibly armed in the school," according to a police statement. When the subject was approached, the statement said, "shots were fired."

A Knoxville officer was shot at least once and sent to a hospital with injuries that are not expected to be life-threatening.

One male was pronounced dead at the scene, while another was detained for further investigation, police said. Their ages were not immediately released. There were no other known gunshot victims.
https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/national-in ... e/2603382/
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

I went to high school in Knoxville (a different one), and my brother still lives there.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

This is the 5th shooting on school property at that school this year. All of the others were student on student. This time, a teacher called the KPD because she thought a student had a gun. KPD made contact with the school resource officer and when they approached the student he opened fire on the officers. One officer hit 3 times, non-life threatening injuries but on his way into surgery. 2 (?) students dead, 2 or 3 others wounded.

Info from my teacher friend in K'ville and her nurse dad at the ER.

As always, accurate injuries/deaths may or may not be reported for several hours.

eta: This all apparently stems from some tiktok video of one gang dissing another. The previous 4 shootings were from an original group of 6 on the video. The other 2 are either in hiding or have transferred to other schools.Tentative reports from my friend's dad are that the male killed was the principal of the school.

Will this shit ever fucking end?
filly

Post by filly »

No. Every idiot, be they white, black, Muslim, Christian, Jewish, atheist, young, old can get their hands on a gun in this country. The Mayor of Houston said over the weekend that you have to assume that everyone has a gun. Sadly, that's an assumption I have made since I became an adult.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

sugar magnolia wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:24 pm Will this shit ever fucking end?
Probably not for another generation or two.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Knoxville, Tennessee
The Bureau of Investigation confirmed Monday evening that the student had been in a bathroom and refused to leave. “As officers entered the restroom, the subject reportedly fired shots, striking an officer. One officer returned fire. The subject was pronounced dead at the scene and has since been identified as a student,” authorities said.

Tennessee Bureau of Investigation Director David B. Rausch said: “We have to be careful with our language... This wasn’t a school shooting. This was an officer-involved shooting inside a school.”
:roll: Sounds like a school shooting to me.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/multiple- ... igh-school
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Bullet that injured Knoxville officer not from student’s handgun, per TBI’s preliminary findings

https://www.texomashomepage.com/news/bu ... m=referral
TBI released preliminary findings on Wednesday, updating what investigators believe happened inside the school on Monday:

After receiving the report of a student possibly armed with a gun, responding KPD officers located the student inside a school restroom at Austin-East.

Officers entered the restroom.

During a subsequent struggle, the student’s gun was fired. This was followed by law enforcement firing twice.

Preliminary examinations indicate the bullet that struck the KPD officer was not fired from the student’s handgun.
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

So.. an officers gun shot another officer...

Just as well guns make you safer... /S
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

So.. officers escalated a non-violent situation to a violent one, and managed to shoot each other? Why do I suspect they are gonna charge the kid with that instead of the person who actually shot someone....
Lani

Post by Lani »

Shooting reported at FedEx facility in Indianapolis
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/sh ... s-n1264249
A shooting was reported at a FedEx facility in Indianapolis late Thursday, police dispatch confirmed.

NBC affiliate WTHR of Indianapolis reported that police officers said they found multiple victims.

More details were not immediately available. FedEx did not immediately respond to a request for comment. The address reported by WTHR is near the city's airport.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

smh we have to add "going FedEx" now?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Yep.
INDIANAPOLIS — The police in Indianapolis said there had been a shooting at a FedEx warehouse in the city late Thursday, with multiple victims. It was unclear whether any of them had died.

Officer Genae Cook of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department told reporters early Friday morning that there were “multiple people with injuries consistent with gunshot wounds” as a result of the shooting. She said there was no active threat to the community because the assailant was believed to have taken his own life.
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/16/us/i ... fedex.html
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Associated Press
@AP
BREAKING: Indianapolis police say 8 people shot and killed at Fedex facility; multiple others have injuries.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Matthew Keys
@MatthewKeysLive
#BREAKING: Latest information on FedEx mass shooting in Indianapolis:

Red circle Police confirm 8 people dead
Red circle Source: At least 60 injured, including 20 with gunshot wounds

Red circle Shooter fired on people inside and outside of building
Red circle Shooter dead of self-inflicted gunshot wound
Lani

Post by Lani »

No words.

May be a few. Like - Why is this acceptable? Day after fucking day. I'm close to retiring. I've been looking for places on the mainland where I could retire more comfortably, but every gawd damn time this shit happens.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I heard this first thing this morning, and all I could think of was, "not again." :crying: :mad:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/16/us/india ... index.html
The incident marks at least the 45th mass shooting in the United States since the Atlanta-area spa shootings on March 16. CNN considers an incident to be a mass shooting if four or more people, excluding the gunman, are shot and wounded or killed.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Should we just keep all flags at half staff?

I did hear on the news reuniting folks with their loved ones was compounded because employees were not allowed cell phones while working = not being able to text/call family and say I'm OK.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

I am feeling numb. I don’t want to feel numb, I want to feel outrage. But I don’t think my heart can take it right now. The Chauvin trial, the murder of the 13 year old in Chicago with his hands up. I don’t know how much more of this I can take. And I hadn’t taken a Xanax in weeks.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
filly

Post by filly »

Why have a presser in Indy when they claim to not know just about everything? The police don’t know how many workers were in the facility, they claim they haven’t looked at the CCTV,etc.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Biden on Indianapolis: "While we await critical details ... I have the solemn duty of ordering the flag lowered at half-staff at the White House, public buildings and grounds, and military posts and embassies, just two weeks after I gave the last such order."

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”