Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Mike Pence

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
pipistrelle

Mike Pence

Post by pipistrelle »

Frater I*I wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:48 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:40 pm Did Pence sleep thru the interview with his ghostwriter? Did Mother dictate the sentences? Does his bunny appear in the story?

:think:
Why does he look like one of the people who chased the Von Trapp family into the alps....?
C'mon, Rolf had more personality.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Mike Pence

Post by Kriselda Gray »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:03 pm
RTH10260 wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 5:40 pm Did Pence sleep thru the interview with his ghostwriter? Did Mother dictate the sentences? Does his bunny appear in the story?

:think:
Why does he look like one of the people who chased the Von Trapp family into the alps....?
Who doesn't?
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Mike Pence

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:14 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:03 pm

Who doesn't?
My comment about Pence has always been that he has the charisma of dry white toast. The only way this guy gets to be president is if he's vice president when the president kicks the bucket, which is what I suspect he thought might happen with OSG. I live in Indiana, where he's from, and the few right wing conservatives I talk to here think the guy is too creepy to vote for though I'm sure if it was between him and any democrat they would hold their nose and vote for the 'R' column. I just don't see how the guy ever gets through a primary. The MAGAts hate him, mainstream Republicans don't trust him and the rest of us thinks he looks something like a creepier, robotic, botoxed version of Malcom McDowell.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Mike Pence

Post by RTH10260 »

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Mike Pence

Post by Ben-Prime »

And here I got all excited because when I saw the Mike Pence topic was active, my first thought was "Yay, in the aftermath of the Trump-sucked-the-wave-out-of-the-Red-Wave election, Mike Pence is taking his rightful place as the Head of the GOP!"

But I couldn't finish that thought without giggling like a maniac. In my defense, it's 8am where I am and I haven't had my first cup of coffee yet.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Mike Pence

Post by Ben-Prime »

RTH10260 wrote: Fri Nov 11, 2022 2:01 am
Holy crap! He actually brings up misprision of a felony!

My cup runneth over even though it is not yet with coffee!
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
AndyinPA
Verified:

Mike Pence

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.politico.com/news/2022/11/1 ... y-00066676
Former Vice President Mike Pence said then-President Donald Trump “endangered me and my family and everyone at the Capitol building” with his words and actions during the Jan. 6 riot in 2021.

Pence’s statement came during an interview with ABC’s David Muir, parts of which were released Sunday and parts of which are to be released Monday.

Pence was the target of Trump’s vitriol that day — and afterward — because he declined to take action to block the certification of Joe Biden’s election as the nation’s next president. During the height of the melee inside and outside the Capitol, Trump tweeted: “Mike Pence didn’t have the courage to do what should have been done to protect our Country and our Constitution.”
Pence has a book coming out this week.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Mike Pence

Post by Slim Cognito »

Because of course he does, and he even arranged for it to come out right after the non-red tsunami election, so he timed that sucker right.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
noblepa

Mike Pence

Post by noblepa »

Pence is operating under the delusion that he has any future at all in American politics.
MN-Skeptic

Mike Pence

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I think Pence is making good money right now from being a paid speaker. If he were smart, he would stick to that role. If he runs for office, he will lose. I can't imagine that would enhance his draw as a speaker.
noblepa

Mike Pence

Post by noblepa »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:55 am I think Pence is making good money right now from being a paid speaker. If he were smart, he would stick to that role. If he runs for office, he will lose. I can't imagine that would enhance his draw as a speaker.
You're probably right about him being on the speaker circuit.

I can't understand who is attending his speaking engagements. The MAGA crowd hates him for not overturning the election; the sane R's have no respect for him, and the D's certainly want nothing to do with him.
MN-Skeptic

Mike Pence

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I think it's only the MAGAs who are down on Pence. If you think about it, Pence was a loyal soldier to Trump up until January 6. Also, Pence has a long time reputation for being a solid Christian conservative and that plays well with a lot of Republicans. As Trump's star fades among some Republicans, they will be looking for an electable substitute. Personally, I don't see Pence being that candidate, but... we'll see.
pipistrelle

Mike Pence

Post by pipistrelle »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:25 pm I think it's only the MAGAs who are down on Pence. If you think about it, Pence was a loyal soldier to Trump up until January 6. Also, Pence has a long time reputation for being a solid Christian conservative and that plays well with a lot of Republicans. As Trump's star fades among some Republicans, they will be looking for an electable substitute. Personally, I don't see Pence being that candidate, but... we'll see.
For the evangelicals who aren’t MAGATs, he’s probably a good speaker. His political career is likely dead but he can likely get by writing and making appearances. IIRC he has not been rich at least in property.
bob

Mike Pence

Post by bob »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:36 pmFor the evangelicals who aren’t MAGATs
All three of them.
Image ImageImage
Kendra

Mike Pence

Post by Kendra »

If anybody cares, I don't :yawn:

Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Mike Pence

Post by Shizzle Popped »

Mike doesn't have a political future. The MAGA crowd hates him with a white hot passion, the left thinks he's done one thing correctly in his entire career and most of the rest think there's something not quite right about the guy.

(Won't go to a business dinner alone with a female colleague. What would mother say? This guy is one cotillion dress and a closet away from becoming Lindsey Graham.)

ETA: I don't personally care if little Lindsey wears a dress, just about the hypocrisy of the whole thing.
"Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write."
John Adams
Kendra

Mike Pence

Post by Kendra »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 7:38 pm Mike doesn't have a political future. The MAGA crowd hates him with a white hot passion, the left thinks he's done one thing correctly in his entire career and most of the rest think there's something not quite right about the guy.

(Won't go to a business dinner alone with a female colleague. What would mother say? This guy is one cotillion dress and a closet away from becoming Lindsey Graham.)

ETA: I don't personally care if little Lindsey wears a dress, just about the hypocrisy of the whole thing.
:rimshot:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Mike Pence

Post by AndyinPA »

If Manaford hadn't picked him as DFO's VP, he would have faded into obscurity. He was on his way to a loss for a second term as governor of Indiana.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Shizzle Popped
Verified:

Mike Pence

Post by Shizzle Popped »

AndyinPA wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:06 pm If Manaford hadn't picked him as DFO's VP, he would have faded into obscurity. He was on his way to a loss for a second term as governor of Indiana.
I live in the Indianapolis 'burbs and the conservatives I know here mostly think the guy is creepy. Yeah, he wasn't getting reelected even in this nutcase state.
John Adams
pipistrelle

Mike Pence

Post by pipistrelle »

Shizzle Popped wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:19 pm
AndyinPA wrote: Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:06 pm If Manaford hadn't picked him as DFO's VP, he would have faded into obscurity. He was on his way to a loss for a second term as governor of Indiana.
I live in the Indianapolis 'burbs and the conservatives I know here mostly think the guy is creepy. Yeah, he wasn't getting reelected even in this nutcase state.
That actually surprises me, although I remember how he botched HIV response on purpose.
https://www.politico.com/news/magazine/ ... rse-118648
Suranis

Mike Pence

Post by Suranis »

My late Indiana friend, an Evangelical, hated his guts.
Hic sunt dracones
Kendra

Mike Pence

Post by Kendra »

On Meet the Press (thread):

:torches:
p0rtia

Mike Pence

Post by p0rtia »

And of course the follow up question was, "I guess that means the issues of gun safety, abortion, and taxing the rich are also up to the American people, right? And since the American people favor these issues in huge numbers, we should follow their lead, right?"
Kendra

Mike Pence

Post by Kendra »

p0rtia wrote: Sun Nov 20, 2022 11:53 am And of course the follow up question was, "I guess that means the issues of gun safety, abortion, and taxing the rich are also up to the American people, right? And since the American people favor these issues in huge numbers, we should follow their lead, right?"
Todd ask a good follow up question?
MN-Skeptic

Mike Pence

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”