Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Mike Pence

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Mike Pence

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Well, the good news is Kamala Harris can do the same thing and OVERTURN the results if needed, right? Right? Gonna test that with some RWNJs, hope they're onboard! :P
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
filly

Post by filly »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:09 am
"Ratting out Trump" says it all.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Think of it this way, Pence is a Howler Monkey.

The "orangeback" is in trouble if Mike is attacking him.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Christ is weeping that Bannon crammed in those images so they’d be on camera.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:26 am Well, the good news is Kamala Harris can do the same thing and OVERTURN the results if needed, right? Right? Gonna test that with some RWNJs, hope they're onboard! :P
Excellent point!!!!!!! I await the Twitter befuzzlement. :batting:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:23 am
orlylicious wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:26 am Well, the good news is Kamala Harris can do the same thing and OVERTURN the results if needed, right? Right? Gonna test that with some RWNJs, hope they're onboard! :P
Excellent point!!!!!!! I await the Twitter befuzzlement. :batting:
I'm sure that there will be discovered some previously unknown and secret Constitutional Amendment which states that a female, black, Vice President of the United States is ineligible to overturn results
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

much ado wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 1:40 am
neonzx wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:16 pm
As Mr. Pence positions himself for an impossible presidential bid in 2024
:lol: :rotflmao:
Let's try to improve the accuracy of that New York Times article.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Miki Booth helps clarify the NY Times article :lol:

Miki Pence.JPG
Miki Pence.JPG (35.41 KiB) Viewed 1382 times
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

Josh Marshall has an interesting column up at Talking Points Memo:

https://talkingpointsmemo.com/edblog/do ... -with-mike
“Were you struck, as was I, by the absence of an ad hominem attack on Pence in Trump’s responsive statement? Trump attacks “Old Crow Mitch McConnell” but nary a word against Pence. Looks to me like an invitation for a quid pro quo — I won’t attack you if you are circumspect with the Jan 6 Committee. He knows that Pence has the goods but he is offering a non-aggression pact.”
The rest is behind a paywall, but TPM is worth subscribing to. They have free subscriptions for folks on fixed incomes/facing financial hardship.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Is he dumb enough to trust the DFO? :smoking:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

I'd say is he a sucker enough to trust the DFO. He's already shown his level of stupidity in various matters.....
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I laughed out loud when Mike Pence stood in front of that crowd of lawyers and judges and said he "just found out" that Trump thought the Vice President could reject the outcome of the election. I guess he thinks we all forgot all about the fact that we know Trump hounded Pence constantly about it prior to Jan 6 of 2021. So, he's known way more than a year that the orange pustule thought Pence could overturn the election. Or thought he could at least get away with refusing to recognize the outcome on that day.

Pence is a lying weasel who is apparently trying to test the waters regarding trying to sound like the adult in the room. I can answer the question about how that will likely go for him. Very likely he can't win a primary in any county or state in this country. Unless a rising tide of old school Republicans can somehow regain control of the RNC (not likely) and somehow deprogram the cult (even less likely) he may as well just retire. From what I understand he's not really in a financial position to retire, which puts him between a rock and a hard place. He knows orangey and the cult hate his guts, so I'm guessing he thinks the adults can retake the Republican party. I don't see that happening any time soon. Poor guy. He's as fucked as the rest of us.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
much ado

Post by much ado »

I actually think he is more fucked. He has no friends. We have each other. :bighug:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

much ado wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:27 pm I actually think he is more fucked. He has no friends. We have each other. :bighug:
:bighug: true.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

much ado wrote: Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:27 pm I actually think he is more fucked. He has no friends. We have each other. :bighug:
Sadly, if both he and Joe Manchin were in a sinking rowboat, I'd have to toss a coin.

If it landed on its edge, I might try to save one of them.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Oh, I thought you were gonna toss the coin in the water and make a wish. :mrgreen:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

change approved.png
change approved.png (39.68 KiB) Viewed 1079 times
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:29 am Image
"It was locker room talk"
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

At this point, I think that Mike Pence would get more votes if he switched parties and ran as a Democrat. (2 votes is more than zero, isn't it?)

To traditional, reasonably sane Republicans, who are true conservatives and not radical RWNJ's, he is a toady who kissed TFG's ass for four years. They would never vote for him.

To the RWNJ base, he is a traitor. If Trump were re-elected in 2024, this group fully expects that Pence will be arrested and tried for treason. They would never vote for him.

To the middle of the road Republicans (if there are any), he is a nothing-burger. No charisma. No charm. No character. They hardly even see him. A few might vote for him, but not many.

Pence has absolutely no future in politics, IMHO. If he does enter the Republican primaries, he will be soundly humiliated.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Pense's core demo was the Dominionist wing of the Republicans. I cant really say what they think, but simply pliting into Hardcore and moderate republicans is not looking at it right. There is the Doimitionist wing, the Rich persons wing, the Federalist Society wing and what remains of the Dixiecrat wing.
Hic sunt dracones
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

Suranis wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:15 pm Pense's core demo was the Dominionist wing of the Republicans. I cant really say what they think, but simply pliting into Hardcore and moderate republicans is not looking at it right. There is the Doimitionist wing, the Rich persons wing, the Federalist Society wing and what remains of the Dixiecrat wing.
I think Pence's career as a mainstream politician is long gone. If he's trying to redefine himself as some sort of moderate Republican, I don't think "mother" would stand for it. :fingerwag: He'll never be a John McCain.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 12:31 pm I think Pence's career as a mainstream politician is long gone. If he's trying to redefine himself as some sort of moderate Republican, I don't think "mother" would stand for it. :fingerwag: He'll never be a John McCain.
True. The other factor to remember that he had become so unpopular in Indiana that he was in serious danger of losing the Governership to a Democrat if he ran for Governor again. I know a woman in Indiana who said he was even more dangerous than Trump himself, though she didn't elaborate why (She was a very religious woman by the way)

So his career was basically over. Getting the VP slot was his only chance to keep the Presidential dream alive, even with Trump offering his patented "I'll just sit in the chair, you will be the one running things" lie.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 07, 2022 11:29 am Image
And the gallows they erected was just a coat rack.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”