Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Mike Pence

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
AndyinPA
Verified:

Mike Pence

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pence-2024 ... -policies/
Former Vice President Mike Pence is beginning to reemerge after the end of the Trump administration with the launch of a new group to counter the policies of the Biden administration and the Democratic-controlled Congress.

The former vice president has mostly kept out of public view since Inauguration Day, focusing mostly on some early work with conservative organizations and the arrival of a new grandchild. But on Wednesday, he launched Advancing American Freedom, an entity, he said in a statement, that would "promote the pro-freedom policies of the last four years that created unprecedented prosperity at home and restored respect for America abroad."

The new group will enable Pence to maintain his political profile and serve as his vehicle to help defend Trump-era policies. A senior aide said the former vice president is likely to focus especially on the Biden administration's evolving immigration and border security policies and the current president's proposal to raise corporate tax rates to pay for a multi-trillion dollar infrastructure plan.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Chilidog

Re: Mike Pence

Post by Chilidog »

He's moving on after a messy divorce.
tek

Post by tek »

"promote the pro-freedom policies of the last four years that created unprecedented prosperity at home and restored respect for America abroad."
:liar:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... or-memoirs
Mike Pence has signed a two-book deal for his memoir that is reported to be worth millions of dollars, making him one of the first of former president Donald Trump’s inner circle to announce such a lucrative arrangement.

Pence’s autobiography, currently untitled, is scheduled to come out in 2023. CNN reported that the former vice-president’s deal is worth seven figures, somewhere between $3m and $4m.

“I am grateful to have the opportunity to tell the story of my life in public service to the American people, from serving in Congress, to the Indiana governor’s office and as vice-president of the United States,” Pence said in a statement. “I look forward to working with the outstanding team at Simon & Schuster to invite readers on a journey from a small town in Indiana to Washington DC.”
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
somerset

Post by somerset »

Chilidog wrote: Thu Apr 08, 2021 10:51 am He's moving on after a messy divorce.
I dunno. I'm not getting that "I'm so over him" vibe ;)
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

That is going to be a yawner.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm sure he will regale us with tales of how he became a Republican Governor in serious danger of losing to a Democrat, in Indiana.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, who's going to buy that trash that makes it worth $3 or $4 million?

Nobody who voted for Biden. None of the hardcore white supremacist Trumpanzees. Nobody in Indiana.

Are there that many idiot evangelicals? :confuzzled:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 am Yeah, who's going to buy that trash that makes it worth $3 or $4 million?

Nobody who voted for Biden. None of the hardcore white supremacist Trumpanzees. Nobody in Indiana.

Sadly, yes. :(
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Foggy wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:40 am Yeah, who's going to buy that trash that makes it worth $3 or $4 million?

A bunch of GQP PACs who will give them away for donations...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Courtney Subramanian
@cmsub
Former VP Pence underwent surgery to have a pacemaker implanted.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sterngard friegen

Post by sterngard friegen »

Pence has a heart?
tek

Post by tek »

Fake News!

PenceBot 3000 needed some hardware upgrades to support new firmware supporting the "Emotion" option.
There is still no timetable for when that firmware will be released, however.

:batting:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

tek wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:56 pm Fake News!

PenceBot 3000 needed some hardware upgrades to support new firmware supporting the "Emotion" option.
There is still no timetable for when that firmware will be released, however.

:batting:
If that upgrade works, they're considering implanting a personality chip next.

A personal integrity module has been discussed, but no decision has been made.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

sterngard friegen wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 3:13 pm Pence has a heart?
Battery powered.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

A thinly veiled criticism of the DFO and his Republican supporters?
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Wow, that took more guts than I would have given him credit for. That said, hope he doesn't have any plans for a book tour.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:05 am Wow, that took more guts than I would have given him credit for. That said, hope he doesn't have any plans for a book tour.
:yeahthat:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 9:05 am Wow, that took more guts than I would have given him credit for. That said, hope he doesn't have any plans for a book tour.
I don't think so.

He's in a terrible place with his party.

The extreme right wing of the party believes he is a traitor for not somehow handing the election to Trump.

The moderate wing (is there still such a thing in the republican party?) doesn't trust him because of his virtually unwavering support and vocal admiration for TFG.

His only chance at a political future is to somehow justify his actions on Jan. 6 to the rwnj's and perhaps convince a few that his hands were tied and there was nothing he could do (which is true). And he must convince the moderates that he is a traditional republican.

Personally, I don't think he has a political future. He has all the charisma of a sack of oatmeal and he will be forever tainted with the Trump stench. And the right wing of the party will never forgive him.
slq

Post by slq »

noblepa wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:28 am
I don't think so.

The extreme right wing of the party believes he is a traitor for not somehow handing the election to Trump.

The moderate wing (is there still such a thing in the republican party?) doesn't trust him because of his virtually unwavering support and vocal admiration for TFG.

His only chance at a political future is to somehow justify his actions on Jan. 6 to the rwnj's and perhaps convince a few that his hands were tied and there was nothing he could do (which is true). And he must convince the moderates that he is a traditional republican.

Personally, I don't think he has a political future. He has all the charisma of a sack of oatmeal and he will be forever tainted with the Trump stench. And the right wing of the party will never forgive him.
Yeah, those adoring looks at his beloved leader will follow him forever.
"Try not. Do. Or do not. There is no try."
--Yoda
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Considering the guy was in serious danger of losing the Indiana Governorship to a... DEMOCRAT, I think any fantasies he has for the Oval office are just that.
Hic sunt dracones
somerset

Post by somerset »

slq wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 3:30 pm
noblepa wrote: Fri Jun 25, 2021 10:28 am
I don't think so.

Yeah, those adoring looks at his beloved leader will follow him forever.
Gotta agree.

At one time I thought he would follow in the footsteps of his fellow Indianian veep, making some decent Tubmans on the rubber chicken circuit. While Danforth has about as much charisma as Mikey, he doesn't have the OSG's stench on him and he wasn't a sycophantic puppy dog. A lot of folks might have disagreed with Pappy Bush's politics, but I think he is widely considered an OK President and certainly a very decent person. I don't see Mikey having much value as a speaker, let alone as a politician going forward.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Pappa Bush also became pretty good friends with Bill Clinton after their Presidential Contest.
Hic sunt dracones
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Hic sunt dracones
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Suranis wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 6:30 am
Scolding governors might not be the American way, but it certainly is the Trump Way!

Sounds like Pence is trying to put a little daylight between himself and TFG. I don't think it will help his political future. TFG still has a pretty firm grip on the Republican party. TFG and his followers will never forgive Pence for not handing the election to TFG, even though we (and Pence) all know that the VP does not have that authority.

Pence has no political future. He is dead to the right wing Trumpanzees in the party, and he is too much of a Trump sycophant for the more moderate, traditional republicans.

And, as I said in an earlier post, he has all the charisma of a sack of oatmeal.

I don't think that he could be elected to the Indianapolis City Council, let alone the WH.

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”