Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Vice President Kamala Devi Harris

Let's get back to normalcy. Does normalcy fit into your schedule?
MN-Skeptic

Vice President Kamala Devi Harris

Post by MN-Skeptic »

I know there's a thread for Biden and Harris, but I think that for the upcoming four years, VP Harris deserves her own thread.

Military.com -

Navy Seabees Build VP Kamala Harris a Desk Out of Wood from USS Constitution
The vice president and Navy secretary now have new desks built out of materials from some of the most storied ships in U.S. history.

Navy Seabees built a desk for Vice President Kamala Harris made from wood, copper and nails taken off the USS Constitution, one of the country's first frigates. The Constitution is the oldest commissioned warship still afloat.

The desk, which was delivered to Harris in February, features carvings of an eagle and stars reminiscent of the Constitution's stern decorations, said Paul Taylor, a spokesman for Naval History and Heritage Command, which oversaw the project. The project was approved while President Donald Trump was still in office, and Seabees began construction Jan. 4.

Harris' new workspace is one of two "heritage desks" Seabees constructed this year. Sailors also built a desk for the Navy secretary that not only includes materials from the Constitution, but from the frigate Chesapeake; battleships Texas, New Jersey and Arizona; and sloop of war Constellation as well.
Jim

Re: Vice President Kamala Devi Harris

Post by Jim »

Did they show her the secret compartment with the map to the treasure?
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

An article from last week - CNN -

Harris to move into Naval Observatory residence next week after renovations delay
Vice President Kamala Harris and second gentleman Doug Emhoff will move into the vice president's official residence next week after their move was delayed for more than two months because of "repairs to the home," Harris' chief spokeswoman Symone Sanders said on Thursday.

Harris and Emhoff have been temporarily living at Blair House, the President's guest quarters on Pennsylvania Avenue across from the White House, since Harris took office. The vice president's official residence is located on the grounds of the US Naval Observatory a couple of miles from the White House.

"The repairs included maintenance on the HVAC system, replacing the liners in the chimneys and refurbishing of some of the hardwood floors," Sanders tweeted, adding that the repairs were more easily conducted with the home unoccupied.

CNN observed a moving truck outside of Blair House on Thursday morning. A small group of people were spotted wheeling re-usable green and blue moving bins into a side door.

The delay in the move had left Harris increasingly and understandably bothered, according to several people who spoke to CNN.

"She is getting frustrated," an administration official previously told CNN.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Beautiful desk. Are the inlays in the front oxidized copper?
Lani

Post by Lani »

Official White House portrait.
Harris.jpg
Harris.jpg (103.2 KiB) Viewed 4518 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Kate520 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:45 am Beautiful desk. Are the inlays in the front oxidized copper?
Oxidized copper would be kind of a dirty brown color. Or if oxidized enough, sorta turquoise.
https://www.123rf.com/photo_94286341_we ... QF6BAgEEAI
Has everybody heard about the bird?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

keith wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:03 am
Kate520 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:45 am Beautiful desk. Are the inlays in the front oxidized copper?
Oxidized copper would be kind of a dirty brown color. Or if oxidized enough, sorta turquoise.
I make jewelry as a hobby and often work with metals. You would be surprised at the varied and beautiful colors you can using various chemicals (ammonia, etc) to patina copper. Blues, purples, and reds included. And, you can seal it if you really like what you have achieved in terms of coloration so it stays pretty much as you want. I have a bench full of one inch pieces that I have tested various treatments, and even without sealing I have not lost any of the wonderful colors that have grown on my copper.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

RVInit wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:36 am
keith wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:03 am
I make jewelry as a hobby and often work with metals. You would be surprised at the varied and beautiful colors you can using various chemicals (ammonia, etc) to patina copper. Blues, purples, and reds included. And, you can seal it if you really like what you have achieved in terms of coloration so it stays pretty much as you want. I have a bench full of one inch pieces that I have tested various treatments, and even without sealing I have not lost any of the wonderful colors that have grown on my copper.
Yes. I love copper.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Did you say JEWELRY?????? :popcorn:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:15 am Did you say JEWELRY?????? :popcorn:
Off Topic
I did! Funny thing, I really enjoy the creative process of designing and making it, but seldom remember to put it on! :lol: My family and friends have been gifted with many of my pieces. I think on our old board I may have shared a photo or two, when I remembered to take a photo prior to giving the piece away, that is. :oopsy:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RVInit wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:04 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 8:15 am Did you say JEWELRY?????? :popcorn:
Off Topic
I did! Funny thing, I really enjoy the creative process of designing and making it, but seldom remember to put it on! :lol: My family and friends have been gifted with many of my pieces. I think on our old board I may have shared a photo or two, when I remembered to take a photo prior to giving the piece away, that is. :oopsy:
Off Topic
I do beading. I also enjoy the design process best; sometimes don't get to the stringing process for a long time. I have several pieces waiting more than a year to be strung. I am thinking I should finish those and hang it up. It's getting hard with my eye problems to work with the pieces.
And I love that she wore those pearls in her photo. I wouldn't expect anything less. :biggrin:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Oh yes! Classy all the way. I love this photo and I am so loving that she is our Vice President. And she seems to really enjoy her new job, she always seems to have a genuine smile on her face. Not the pasted on, pretend smile the last two bozos demonstrated, but an honest to goodness, I am happy with the world...smile. So refreshing and wonderful to see.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Florida Woman Threatened to Assassinate Kamala Harris in Violent Videos: Feds

https://www.thedailybeast.com/florida-w ... s-feds-say
A Florida woman sent videos to her incarcerated spouse in which she threatened to assassinate Vice President Kamala Harris, according to a complaint filed in South Florida federal court. “If I see you in the street, I’m gonna kill your ass Kamala Harris,” Niviane Petit Phelps of Miami Gardens allegedly said in one. “I’m going to the gun range, just for your ass,” Phelps reportedly said in another. In a video dated Feb. 18, 2021, the complaint says she warned, “50 days from today, mark this day down, stupid bitch, Kamala fuckin’ Harris vice president. You gonna fuckin’ die 50 days from today, I swear to fuckin’ God.” Photographs intercepted by prison authorities allegedly show a smiling Phelps posing at a gun range holding a pistol, standing next to a target riddled with bullet holes.

On Feb. 22, Phelps applied for a concealed carry permit. Less than two weeks later, the Secret Service showed up at her home. After first refusing to speak with agents, Phelps soon agreed to an interview. She claimed that she was upset about Harris becoming VP because she didn’t believe she was “actually Black,” and that she didn’t like the way she held her purse during the inauguration, the complaint says. However, Phelps stated that she was “past it,” and that she had no intention of going to D.C. to carry out the plan she had previously described. “Didn’t you say we were going,” interjected Phelps’ daughter, to which Phelps immediately responded, “No, we’re not going.”
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

did they arrest her?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

sad-cafe wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:11 pm did they arrest her?
Yes.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

Go daughter!
:thumbsup:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Dave from down under wrote: Tue Apr 13, 2021 2:37 am Go daughter!
:thumbsup:
If it wasn't for those pesky kids!
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

:biggrin:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyl ... story.html
When Vice President Harris visited a woman-owned yarn shop in Alexandria last month, she mentioned a little-known fact about herself that left the fiber arts community a bit giddy.

The new vice president is a crocheter.

“I was raised by a mother who said ‘I am not going to let you sit in front of that television doing nothing.’ And so I have crocheted more afghans than I can tell you,” Harris said while visiting the store. “And our daughter is a knitter.”

At the shop, Harris learned about a special hand-dyed yarn named in her honor (Observatory Circle, which is where the vice-presidential residence is) from Neighborhood Fiber Co., a woman-owned Baltimore-based business. Five days later, on International Women’s Day, a crocheted mural of Harris’s likeness and the words “I’m Speaking” was installed at the Wharf. And with all the Googling of “Kamala Harris and crochet” craftyiscool.com saw a spike of online sales for a pattern to crochet a Harris doll in the Japanese style of amigurumi. (Amigurumi means knitted or crocheted toy.)
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Terrence K. Williams, a grifting MAGAt, called Vice President Harris a "pole model" not a "role model".

A liberal social media influencer let him have it between the eyes. This happened in February apparently and Terrence is still milking it to sell books and play victim. In my world, we'd call this "reading him from Amazing Grace to a better opportunity". :lol:

LANGUAGE WARNING: VERY PROFANE

Terrence K Williams

Lanauge! This liberal Social Media influencer is going off on me because of what I said about Kamala Harris!
They to want to cancel me & my book! Grab a Copy directly from me! *Click here 👉 https://fosterhousewhitehouse.com

Looks like you have to watch it on Facebook. Broke the link:

https:// www.facebook.com/569022853258776/videos ... 9612261692

https://fb.watch/56re5VLmUA/
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
bob

Post by bob »

See also:

I'm guessing the same majority also believed Quayle was qualified.

(Read the tweet's replies to see exactly what's going on here.)
Image ImageImage
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:groupdance:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.dailykos.com/story/2021/11/ ... h#comments
Allegedly neutral reporter has a problem with how Vice President Kamala Harris says 'the'

Today in traditional media nonsense, Vice President Kamala Harris emphasized the word “the” to make a point, and it is NEWS.

No, I’m not kidding.

It is not a parody. Jennifer Jacobs is a senior White House reporter for Bloomberg News. She is tweeting about how the vice president of the United States pronounced one of the most common words in the English language.

It is true that some people, including Sean Hannity, did attack Harris for supposedly using a fake French accent on another stop of her trip to France. That was false—she said “THE plan,” for emphasis—and did not bear repeating and validating outside of right-wing circles. Jacobs might maybe possibly claim that what she’s doing here is showing that Harris employs that usage of “the” regularly. Instead, Jacobs elevated partisan attacks and rather than explicitly discrediting them, turned them into an inspection of Harris’ pronunciation more generally. It’s a kind of scrutiny that somehow keeps getting disproportionately applied to women and people of color. So mysterious.

And Jennifer Jacobs made herself absolutely a part of that pattern. She might not have come up with the line of attack, but she treated it as worthy of repetition and consideration.

What Harris was doing will be familiar to anyone who has ever watched NFL player intros. THE Ohio State University, anyone?

"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

A Kamala Harris staff exodus reignites questions about her leadership style — and her future ambitions

By Cleve R. Wootson Jr. and Tyler Pager
December 4, 2021 at 6:00 a.m. EST

The rumors started circulating in July: Vice President Harris’s staff was wilting in a dysfunctional and frustrated office, burned out just a few months after her historic swearing-in and pondering exit strategies. A few days later, Harris hosted an all-staff party at her official residence, where most of her office bit into hamburgers and posted pictures of smiling, congenial co-workers on Twitter, pixelated counterpoints to the narrative of an office in shambles.

“Let me tell you about these burgers at the VP’s residence!!” chief Harris spokesperson Symone Sanders gushed in a tweet. “The food was good and the people were amazing.” Her official defense against reports of staff unrest was more searing. She called people who lobbed criticism behind nameless quotes “cowards” and stressed that working for a groundbreaking vice president was a difficult job, but not a dehumanizing one. “We are not making rainbows and bunnies all day,” she told one outlet. “What I hear is that people have hard jobs and I’m like ‘welcome to the club.’ ”

Five months later, Sanders is leaving the vice president’s office, the highest-profile member of an end-of-year exodus that includes communications chief Ashley Etienne and two other staffers who help shape the vice president’s public image. Sanders told The Washington Post her departure is not due to any unhappiness or dysfunction, but rather because she is ready for a break after three years of the relentless pressure that came with speaking for and advising Biden and Harris while navigating a global pandemic.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... epartures/
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Bluetooth-gate. (SDS is "Senior Advisor and Chief Spokesperson for @VP")
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams

Return to “Biden Administration”