Devin Nunes

Trying to make sense of a crazy world, with limited success mostly
Phoenix520
Verified:

Re: Devin Nunes

Post by Phoenix520 »

… leaving all those poor cows without representation. Not to mention his constituents.

:shit:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It's not like he doesn't have a new job to go to.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
notorial dissent

Post by notorial dissent »

Phoenix520 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:20 pm … leaving all those poor cows without representation. Not to mention his constituents.

:shit:
They've HAD representation prior to his resignation????? Pur Devvy, wonder if the cows have been notified yet?

As a side note, I wonder how long it will be before the "new" TFG's latest house of cards swindle?
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.fresnobee.com/opinion/edito ... 16512.html
See ya, Devin Nunes. We deserve a representative who will actually meet with citizens
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

4CDF1453-AFA8-4981-A0B7-2CFFFCBA6C2A.jpeg
4CDF1453-AFA8-4981-A0B7-2CFFFCBA6C2A.jpeg (114.27 KiB) Viewed 2090 times
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Robert J. DeNault
@robertjdenault
·
3m
I literally cannot imagine a faster way to delegitimize Trump’s new media company.
Quote Tweet
Aaron Rupar
@atrupar
· 1h
Devin has a new title
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

For some nutty reason, I checked out trump coin last night. It was down to, I believe, 23 cents. Rising tides...or should I say low tide?
► Show Spoiler
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

raison de arizona wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 2:08 am 4CDF1453-AFA8-4981-A0B7-2CFFFCBA6C2A.jpeg
:rotflmao:

:kickface:
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Slim Cognito wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:26 am For some nutty reason, I checked out trump coin last night. It was down to, I believe, 23 cents. Rising tides...or should I say low tide?
► Show Spoiler
One could probably make a fortune short-selling trump coin, if that is even possible.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:00 pm :bunny: :cheer2: :groupdance: :mbounce: :bar:
:yeahthat:
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Am I wrong for thinking Nunes could totally lean into the criticism of his new job for Trump's media org and own it and make it his own by simply declaring that the new mascot of the company will be a cow?
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
raison de arizona

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
raison de arizona

Devin Nunes left Congress in December, but judges continue to dismiss his stream of defamation suits.
Appeals court judges have upheld a lower court in dismissing one of Nunes' lawsuits against the Washington Post.

More Nunes court troubles: The wave of libel suits former Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.) brought against news organizations and social media companies over the past few years continues to fizzle out in court.

The D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals issued a ruling Friday upholding a lower judge’s decision to toss out a $250 million suit Nunes filed over a February 2020 Washington Post article. The story discussed a controversy over a briefing an intelligence official gave Congress, stating that Russian officials wanted to see President Donald Trump reelected.

Nunes' accusations: Nunes said the story defamed him by suggesting he lied to Trump about the circumstances of the briefing, leading the former president to believe that the intelligence official shared the information only with House Intelligence Committee Chair Adam Schiff (D-Calif.) Nunes also said the article made it appear he’d influenced Trump to unfairly scuttle the promotion of Joseph Maguire, the then-acting director of National Intelligence, to be the permanent head of intelligence.

What the court said: The appeals court noted that Nunes never pointed to any false statements in the article. The judges also said the implications Nunes contended were in the story simply were not there. “Nothing in the article suggests an intent on the part of the Post to imply that Nunes lied to President Trump or that his communications were responsible for Maguire’s loss of the top intelligence position,” the D.C. Circuit said in a five-page decision.

All three judges on the appeal — Judith Rogers, Patricia Millett and Cornelia Pillard — are Democratic appointees.

The judges noted that Nunes sought to use the suit against the Post to overturn the actual malice standard from the landmark New York Times v. Sullivan Supreme Court case, but they concluded that effort was moot because the congressman did not have a case under any standard. The actual malice standard states that public figures claiming they were defamed have to prove that the contested information was published either with reckless disregard for the truth or knowledge that it was false.

Note: Nunes resigned from Congress in December to become CEO of the Trump Media & Technology Group.
https://www.politico.com/minutes/congre ... agreement/
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Nunes's loss in a SDNY case against CNN (originally filed in Virginia) for defamation and civil conspiracy (in reporting that Lev Parnas had stated a willingness to testify that Nunes had traveled to Vienna and met with former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Shokin for the purpose of "digging up dirt" on Biden) was affirmed today by a divided panel of the Second Circuit. The decision is relatively dry, focusing on the application of choice of law rules.https://www.ca2.uscourts.gov/decisions/ ... /1/hilite/
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump Media CEO Devin Nunes says when Republicans retake power, they will investigate Benghazi, the ‘Russia hoax,’ and the ‘Ukraine impeachment hoax.’
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

They will also investigate the "evolution hoax", "moon landing hoax" and "spherical earth hoax".
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

They have no future so they must investigate the past.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:43 am They have no future so they must investigate the past.
:winner:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
tek

Post by tek »

TBH, investigating the future is difficult for most sane people.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Benghazi, again. Really? :roll:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

tek wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:52 am TBH, investigating the future is difficult for most sane people.
Good point. But it sounds good, don't it? :biggrin:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
raison de arizona

Kriselda Gray wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:56 am Benghazi, again. Really? :roll:
Seriously. It has to be one of the most investigated topics in recent history. They've already done, what, ten investigations I believe?

But this one will be different!
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

You know, after all those prior investigations (I think there were 9), they're probably getting pretty good at investigating Benghazi. They've had a lot of practice, and a good deal of experience. They are probably ready to investigate the hell out of Benghazi, BUT ...

They got some 'splainin' to do about what went wrong with the first nine Republican-led investigations. :think:
🎶 We went for a ride,
We got outside,
The sand was hot,
She wanted to dance ... 🎶
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 pm You know, after all those prior investigations (I think there were 9), they're probably getting pretty good at investigating Benghazi. They've had a lot of practice, and a good deal of experience. They are probably ready to investigate the hell out of Benghazi, BUT ...

They got some 'splainin' to do about what went wrong with the first nine Republican-led investigations. :think:
Benghazi X: Not Fast, Just Furious
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Ben-Prime wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 1:19 pm
Foggy wrote: Fri Aug 12, 2022 12:28 pm You know, after all those prior investigations (I think there were 9), they're probably getting pretty good at investigating Benghazi. They've had a lot of practice, and a good deal of experience. They are probably ready to investigate the hell out of Benghazi, BUT ...

Benghazi X: Not Fast, Just Furious
:like:

Return to “Current Politics”