Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sarah Louise Palin + Todd Trig Bristol Willow Track & Hunky Levi Johnston

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
bob

Re: Sarah Louise Palin + Todd Trig Bristol Willow Track & Hunky Levi Johnston

Post by bob »

The exhausted ballot issue does make the math less simple, but roughly speaking, Palin needs about 5 out of every 8 uncounted ranked choices to pull ahead.

At first glance, the voters of Begich (a Republican) ranking Peltola (a Democrat) above Palin for the special election seems a bit counterintuitive.

But there are the perception issues, i.e., a certain percentage of voters loathe Palin, and ranked Peltola or no one instead of Palin. Because Peltola is currently leading, those scenarios help Peltola.

And there's also the strategic issue: These three candidates (and another) also will be on the November ballot, competing for the full two-year term. Having Peltola win the special-election term (which is essentially four months at this point) might increase GOTV efforts for November. That people might be more motivated to vote in November for Belgich if Peltola is the incumbent by then. But would be otherwise less motivated if Palin is the incumbent.
Image ImageImage
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 13h
In other words, Palin now has to squeeze a 14.5k vote margin out of Begich’s 50k votes to win the final ranked-choice round. That may not happen if enough of Begich’s voters a) didn’t rank a second choice or b) dislike Palin so much they ranked Peltola second. #AKAL

Republicans are staring at a potential nightmare scenario here, and Begich has Al Gross to thank for costing him the race.

Had Gross stayed in and split Dem votes w/ Peltola, Palin/Begich would have finished first/second and Dem ballots would have put Begich over the top.

We won’t change the rating of the race because voting ended more than a week ago, but if I were forced to describe the outlook now, I’d have a hard time seeing it as anything other than a Toss Up. #AKAL

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

And no matter what happens with the second choices, the outcome is daggers to the heart of our least favorite heroine:

Peltola got 14,500 more votes than Sarah did. She kicked Sarah's butt hard.

Sad to say. :violin: :crying:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

:popcorn:

Palin.JPG
Palin.JPG (77.67 KiB) Viewed 1313 times

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Wasn't that supposed to be completed yesterday? :waiting:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Foggy wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:50 am Wasn't that supposed to be completed yesterday? :waiting:
I think they have until the 31, but I may be wrong.
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

Well, they can't do the second/third/etc. favorite votes until they replace all the chinese bamboo ballots with real murican ballots. Soros really screwed up this one by going for the lowest bidder. After all, when you want voter fraud, hire the republicans -- they have lots of experience.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Sugar's right, it's 8/31. Seems ridiculously complicated, the website is a confusing mess.
ELECTION NOTICES
ELECTION RESULTS SCHEDULE:
AUG 23 - First post-election night count update
AUG 26 - Last count and update for Primary Election
AUG 31 - Last count for Special General Election
AUG 31 - Ranked Choice Voting Tabulation
*Possible updates may be released on additional days
https://www.elections.alaska.gov/
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

orlylicious wrote: Sat Aug 27, 2022 10:39 pm Sugar's right, it's 8/31. Seems ridiculously complicated, the website is a confusing mess.
ELECTION NOTICES
ELECTION RESULTS SCHEDULE:
AUG 23 - First post-election night count update
AUG 26 - Last count and update for Primary Election
AUG 31 - Last count for Special General Election
AUG 31 - Ranked Choice Voting Tabulation
*Possible updates may be released on additional days
https://www.elections.alaska.gov/
It’s confusing because the Lt Governor chose to run two different types of elections concurrently.

One (the remainder of the vacant US Rep term), as a Special Election, went straight to RCV.

The other was a Jungle Primary, vote for one, that will end up in RCV during the General Election to determine the ‘permanent’ representative.

So for most of the candidates for the House seat, they’re running for two races at once.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
woodworker

Post by woodworker »

As a bonus, that gives Palin the opportunity, if elected twice, to quit early from both positions.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

:lol:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke

Post by Luke »

Alaska set to release final results in special election with Peltola, Palin
State elections officials are set to announce final vote counts Wednesday from a race that took place under a new ranked-choice system
By Nathaniel Herz
August 31, 2022 at 8:59 a.m. EDT

ANCHORAGE — Alaska elections officials are set to release final vote counts Wednesday in a closely watched special election that could send Republican Sarah Palin to fill a vacant U.S. House seat, or Democrat Mary Peltola, who would be the state’s first Alaska Native member of Congress.

Initial results from the election showed Peltola, an Indigenous Yup’ik fisheries manager and former state representative from the rural hub town of Bethel, leading with nearly 40 percent of the vote. But the election was conducted under Alaska’s new ranked-choice voting system, which could vault Palin into the lead after Wednesday’s count.

Peltola has been leading Palin, who had around 31 percent support, by just over 16,000 votes. Alaska’s new system calls for voters to rank their choices, and, if no candidate clears 50 percent in the initial tally, for the last-place finisher to be eliminated and the votes for that candidate to be redistributed to their voters’ second choices.

Republican Nick Begich III was in third place, with just over 52,000 votes, or nearly 28 percent support, heading into Wednesday’s count. If that holds, the candidate picked by his supporters as their fallback choice will determine the outcome.

Tabulation of the results will be live-streamed by the state Division of Elections starting at 4 p.m. Alaska time (8 p.m. Eastern time), a division spokesperson said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... p_politics
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

And Track was arrested for DUI.
Luke

Post by Luke »

Just as you said, Sugar --
Track Palin popped for DUI in Wasilla
By Suzanne Downing -August 29, 2022

The adult son of Sarah Palin was arrested by Wasilla police on Saturday afternoon for operating a vehicle under the influence of a controlled substance. He was released and faces a out date “pending.” Palin, 33, has had a number of run-ins with the law, ranging from domestic violence to resisting arrest and weapons misconduct, and he has spent time in prison. His mother, Sarah Palin, is a leading candidate for U.S. Congress for Alaska.

In 2016, just as Palin was endorsing Donald Trump for the presidency, Track was arrested and charged with assault, interfering with the report of a domestic violence crime, and possessing a weapon while under the influence. The incident took place at the Wasilla home of Sarah and Todd Palin, after calls were made to 911 to report a domestic violence situation. Track’s girlfriend reported he had punched her in the eye and kicked her knee, and she thought Track was going to shoot himself.

Track was also a problem guest at a party in Anchorage in 2014, when members of the family got into a brawl at a party on the hillside. No charges were filed in that incident.

Track isn’t alone in the politics of getting arrested for DUI this summer. The executive director of the Alaska Democratic Party also was stopped and ultimately arrested for attempting to interfere with the law enforcement’s detection equipment. Lindsey Kavanaugh, director of Alaska Democratic Party, sent to jail after being stopped for DUI near Soldotna. The Democrats also had trouble with its former executive director, Jay Parmley, with reported incidences of sexual harassment before he came to Alaska.
https://mustreadalaska.com/track-palin- ... n-wasilla/

Thankfully, Hunky Levi Johnston is an angel, he has 4 kids now and just runs his contracting business. :towel:

Levi.JPG
Levi.JPG (129.51 KiB) Viewed 914 times
https://www.usmagazine.com/stylish/news ... -20091911/

Oh yeah, the election... :P

Mary's on the Twitter:

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

He was lucky to escape relatively unscathed.
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Luke

Post by Luke »

Totally true, Slim. After getting rid of Bristol and Sarah (he got out almost first, way before Todd), Levi is doing great.

Then (from the 2009 article):
He's not baring all in Playgirl magazine, but Levi Johnston is exposing an impressive new personal style in the spotlight.

The Wasilla, Alaska father — whose son with Sarah Palin's daughter, Bristol, was born last December — ditched his hunting gear for sleeker duds at Wednesday's GQ Men of the Year party in Los Angeles. (He wore high-end label Theory.) "I'm 19 years old, and I've never done anything but hunt and fish and camp," Johnston said in GQ's July issue, for which he posed shirtless with his baby, Tripp. Johnston, who also attended Us' Hot Hollywood party Wednesday, says he's starting to feel more comfortable in the spotlight.

"I'm still getting used to [red carpets] but I'm having fun with it," he told UsMagazine.com at the GQ party. What does he make of his ex's mom, former Alaska governor Palin, calling him "Ricky Hollywood" during a recent interview with Oprah Winfrey? "Whatever makes her sleep at night," Johnston told Us. "It was a joke a long time ago and I guess she's a little slow. So it took her this long to figure it out."

Now:
FAMILY MOMENTS
Teen Mom star Levi Johnston’s wife Sunny shows off stunning kitchen in her massive new Alaska dream home
Kylie Parham
9:36 ET, Jul 29 2022 Updated: 16:38 ET, Jul 29 2022
SUNNY Johnston has given fans an inside look at the stunning kitchen of her Alaska dream home.
The Teen Mom OG alum and her family moved into the beautiful space in March of this year.

The reality star took to her Instagram Stories on Thursday to post a snapshot of her kids attempting to make homemade pizza. Fans could see three little girls piled over the kitchen counter as they measured and read a cookbook. In the background, the beautiful space was filled with white tile and light wood finishing, complete with brand new appliances and a trendy chandelier. Sunny captioned her post with a few short messages, the first reading: "Indy's cute in my dress," as her daughter sported a much too big floral outfit. "Insisting on making pizza themselves," she continued, as the girls reached for flour and eggs. "I should clean this fridge," she closed, directing attention toward a wine cellar.

ALASKA DREAM HOME
Sunny and her husband Levi Johnston moved into their Alaska dream home in March of 2022. The property includes high ceilings and breathtaking mountain views. At the time, the busy mom shared a number of photos that showed off the house that they share with their daughters Breeze Beretta, nine, Indy Rae, seven, and Delta Jo, two. The first image was their youngest daughter playing with Play-Doh at their large kitchen table. Then, Teen Mom OG fans got a glimpse at the spacious living room that includes large black couches, a huge bear decoration, branch details, and a fireplace. Colorful pillows lined the couches, while the open layout allowed plenty of room for a large dining table. Light fixtures hovered above the rectangular dining room table and a painting hung on the wall. The next slide showed off a bedroom that had similar branch decorations and large windows that looked out at the snow-covered Alaskan mountains.

Sunny also gave MTV fans a look into one of her daughter’s rooms, which included a colorful pink, blue and purple bed, high ceilings, and two spacious closets. Another bedroom was decorated with a hunting theme, which included bedding with moose and bears, branch decorations, and a rifle hanging on the wall above the bed. Sunny revealed how the family chose to settle in the home in the Instagram caption, writing: "I remember kayaking down from our last little house to this one and telling the kids 'this will be our home one day.' "I would drive home from work and feel drawn to drive past this house, the opposite way of mine at the time just to look at it and pray for it-6 years in a row."

She continued: "I felt something inside me push to reach out to the then owners of the home and tell them if they ever consider selling, please let us get the first offer in. "They said they were actually JUST going to list it! "Shortly after, we came to an agreement! We’ve been moved in for weeks, but kept it quiet to surprise Tripp with the new house on his spring break." She added that the 13-year-old, who Levi shares with his ex Bristol Palin, is now "home" and thinks the house is “pretty litty.” The caption concluded: "I think we have his approval lol (teenagers) the rest of us are over the moon excited to wake up here every day. This is home, finally."
https://www.the-sun.com/entertainment/5 ... g-kitchen/

Look how nice this is! Looks like Levi and Sunny have done the best of all of them.

SunnyLevi.JPG
SunnyLevi.JPG (76.56 KiB) Viewed 901 times

Hay, why didn't FOGGY tell us he went to visit Levi and Sunny?? SO JEALOUS! :evil:

Levis.JPG
Levis.JPG (73.49 KiB) Viewed 901 times

Sunny Kids.JPG
Sunny Kids.JPG (80.33 KiB) Viewed 901 times

Sunny Skies.JPG
Sunny Skies.JPG (90.06 KiB) Viewed 901 times

Levi BR.JPG
Levi BR.JPG (80.67 KiB) Viewed 901 times

OK, now back to the nutcase Palins.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

Boom! :cheer2: :cheer2:
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Woohoo!
So good!
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Luke

Post by Luke »

Friggin incredible! :dance: We need a ruling from the Dick Tater, can we count this as a FRIDAY SMACKDOWN, please? :prettyplease:

Dave Wasserman @Redistrict 7m
Final margin: Peltola (D) defeats Palin (R) 51.5%-48.5% in the final round of ranked-choice. This is a huge victory and pickup for Dems, driven more by Palin's unpopularity than national trends. #AKAL

bob

Post by bob »

Begich's campaign for November should be: "I told you this was going to happen." I.e., hoover up Palin's voters by blaming her for a Democrat winning the special election.
Image ImageImage
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

RVInit wrote: Wed Aug 31, 2022 8:35 pm
I loved how surprised he was by that - cracked me up!
Luke

Post by Luke »

:smoking:
Ryan James Girdusky @RyanGirdusky

Tom Emmer needs to resign now as head of the NRCC. What an indictment against his leadership. Step down @RepTomEmmer

8:10 PM · Aug 31, 2022·Twitter Web App

OrlyLicious 🇺🇸 @Orly_licious 1m
Replying to @RyanGirdusky and @RepTomEmmer

No way, Ryan. Tom Emmer is doing a sensational job as head of the NRCC. So is Rick Scott at the NRSC with a more than able assist from Mitch McConnell. #NY19 and #AKAL are just anomalies. Republicans and MAGA shouldn't change a thing. #HoldTheLine

Return to “Other weirdos”