Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Sarah Louise Palin + Todd Trig Bristol Willow Track & Hunky Levi Johnston

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Re: Sarah Louise Palin + Todd Trig Bristol Willow Track & Hunky Levi Johnston

Post by Greatgrey »

tek wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:01 am
1. Vaccine mandates are required for indoor dining only.
Not sure what her point is here, but that appears to be a fully-enclosed space - not "outdoors" even if it is outside the footprint of the main restaurant building.
Look at the pictures, there must be 6 or 7 infrared heaters surrounding the table.
What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Ben-Prime wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:50 am
raison de arizona wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 10:03 pm
Michele Bachmann says Sarah Palin should be commended for eating at a restaurant while having COVID
Because I turn to Michelle Bachmann for all my health and lifestyle advice. Who doesn't?
Marcus.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

Michele Bachmann says Sarah Palin should be commended for eating at a restaurant while having COVID
Because I turn to Michelle Bachmann for all my health and lifestyle advice. Who doesn't?
One can only assume they had her on as an arbiter of batshit crazy.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Post by Ben-Prime »

p0rtia wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:50 am
Marcus.
:rimshot: :lol:
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

If anyone is interested, Adam Klasfeld is live tweeting the trial this morning. https://twitter.com/KlasfeldReports
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Palin, who was dining in the cafeteria indoors, said "no" when asked if she was vaccinated. She said she didn't need to be, citing "natural immunity.""
raison de arizona

I don't know how she gets away with it. They should cite her and the facilities that are allowing her in.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Well now let's be fair. I'm not aware of evidence showing conclusively that ignorance doesn't convey a kind of natural immunity. Hmm. :think:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

This is an epic thread covering Palin's testimony today in the NY Times case. Highly recommended.

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Well, isn't she special?
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Judge to throw out Sarah Palin's lawsuit against New York Times

A judge on Monday indicated he would dismiss a lawsuit against The New York Times filed by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R), saying her attorneys produced a lack of evidence to suggest the news organization acted recklessly or knowingly published false material about her.

The suit stems from a Times editorial linking her to the deadly 2011 shooting in an Arizona parking lot of then-Rep. Gabrielle Giffords (D-Ariz.).

DEVELOPING
That's the whole story at the moment.
bob

Post by bob »

A judge on Monday indicated he would dismiss a lawsuit against The New York Times filed by former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin (R), saying her attorneys produced a lack of evidence to suggest the news organization acted recklessly or knowingly published false material about her.
Which is why people were surprised the judge didn't grant the NYT's motion for summary judgment on this exact basis.
Image ImageImage
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

The Washington Post says he’s going to dismiss after the jury returns a verdict. If they rule in favor of The Times, it would be over anyway. If they rule in favor of Palin, she can appeal the dismissal.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

So can NY deport her to Alaska now?
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
raison de arizona

Those folk at FoxNews and conservative talk radio are going to Haz A Sad. All I've been hearing about is how Palin and her team have been ripping NYT up one side and down the other, and that there was no way she could lose. :popcorn:
bob

Post by bob »

Concur: The talking heads may performatively rend some garments, but the lawyers will be glad she lost.
Image ImageImage
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

bob wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 3:49 pm
Which is why people were surprised the judge didn't grant the NYT's motion for summary judgment on this exact basis.
Does NY have a SLAPP law (I assume it does) and is the NYT going to sue Palin for costs under that law? I haven't been following this case in enough detail to know if that's in the offing.
raison de arizona

johnpcapitalist wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:14 pm
Does NY have a SLAPP law (I assume it does) and is the NYT going to sue Palin for costs under that law? I haven't been following this case in enough detail to know if that's in the offing.
NY strengthened it's SLAPP law in 2020, but I believe we are past the point in the lawsuit where it could have an effect. I think.
bob

Post by bob »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:17 pm NY strengthened it's SLAPP law in 2020, but I believe we are past the point in the lawsuit where it could have an effect. I think.
It does, and was indeed strengthened a few years ago. The court even ruled the new anti-SLAPP law applied to Palin's case. But, notably, did not dismiss then. So I don't think any post-hoc anti-SLAPP motion would succeed now.
Image ImageImage
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Perhaps the judge did not want to appear to be doing something political.

:bored:
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

If the jury renders a verdict for Palin and Judge Rakoff grants a jnov the howls of outrage will be deafening.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

SuzieC wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:03 pm If the jury renders a verdict for Palin and Judge Rakoff grants a jnov the howls of outrage will be deafening.
I was thinking the same thing.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

That don't read right. It should read "her attorneys failed to produce evidence".

How can you " produce a lack of evidence "? :biggrin:

ETA: I'm just a retired Southern lawyer. What do I know about grammar?
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

RVInit wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:54 pm
SuzieC wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 5:03 pm If the jury renders a verdict for Palin and Judge Rakoff grants a jnov the howls of outrage will be deafening.
I was thinking the same thing.
If the jury returns a verdict in NYT's favor, the howls of outrage will be deafening. The RW-nutosphere will explode with all kinds of conspiracy theories, like "the Deep State got to the jury", or "the Democrats got to the judge" (even though it was the jury who returned the verdict).
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

Still don't understand what advantage there was/is for the judge to have announced this before the verdict. The jury doesn't know, right? Why wouldn't the judge just wait?
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg

Return to “Other weirdos”