Sarah Louise Palin + Todd Trig Bristol Willow Track & Hunky Levi Johnston

These people are weird, but we like to find out what weird people are doing and thinking. It's a hobby.
bob

Re: Sarah Louise Palin + Todd Trig Bristol Willow Track & Hunky Levi Johnston

Post by bob »

Jurors are known for scrupulously following judges' orders. :roll:

Too also, people check their phones on break, in the bathroom, etc.

And my phone, for example, periodically pushes notifications of the latest top headlines because I authorized that ages ago.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

That chin looks like it has had more implants than the Terminator.
Hic sunt dracones
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:43 pm The conservative pundits are opining that it is time for the Supreme Court to revisit NYT v. Sullivan and that this is the vehicle.
Of course they are. Because you're not allowed to defame them.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

TheNewSaint wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:18 am
raison de arizona wrote: Wed Feb 16, 2022 1:43 pm The conservative pundits are opining that it is time for the Supreme Court to revisit NYT v. Sullivan and that this is the vehicle.
Of course they are. Because you're not allowed to defame them.
:yeahthat:

That is a double-edged sword. If SCOTUS were to lower the bar, removing the "actual malice" standard, it would make it much easier to sue Faux News, NewsMax and OAN for their lies.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

noblepa wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:27 pm If SCOTUS were [remove] the "actual malice" standard, it would make it much easier to sue Faux News, NewsMax and OAN for their lies.
Yeah, right after Donald Trump is prosecuted for breaking all of the GOP's new laws against voter fraud.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

What does it matter?

If the Judge has dismissed the case, shouldn't the jury have been dismissed at that point?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I thought her fifteen minutes were up, a loooooooooooooooooong time ago.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

If she wins the seat she will pull a Palin and resign before her term expires like she did when she was governor.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Voters should be reminded she quit being their guy cause she saw $ signs with faux snooze
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I'd imagine being a rep from Alaska would be tough. The airfare from DC > Alaska > DC must be brutal. Assuming you ever go back to have town halls and the like.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Palin, town halls? :rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

This is an April Fool's joke, right?
jcolvin2
Verified:

Post by jcolvin2 »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:14 am If she wins the seat she will pull a Palin and resign before her term expires like she did when she was governor.
My guess is that Palin thought being Governor was hard work, but MTG, Boebert and Cawthorn have shown that one can get by as a GQP Congressperson with occasional displays of performative outrage, and little else.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

IIRC, when she became mayor of Wasilla, she hired someone to oversee the job rather than doing it herself.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Last I remember, she wasn't all that popular in AK these days. They caught on to the Palin privilege bullshit. Todd maybe wasn't so bad (and he bailed) but she and the older kids were quite the pieces of work.
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Atticus Finch wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 11:14 am If she wins the seat she will pull a Palin and resign before her term expires like she did when she was governor.
:yeahthat:
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

"Public service is calling" Palin

It is obvious it reached the wrong number. Do everybody a favor and just hang up.
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
chancery
Verified:

Post by chancery »

From Paul Campos at the Lawyers Guns & Money Blog:
My friend Steve suggests that Sarah Palin’s big mistake was being born about 15 years too early:

"If she emerged now, with her age 44 looks and what initially seemed like plain-spoken real American folk wisdom, she’d be on the fast track to the White House. Rich Lowry’s starbursts would be even brighter.

"In 2008, the idea that being a complete know-nothing was bad in national politics still had some sway. It was declining rapidly but it was there. Palin fell from prominence by showing that she was dumb. You probably can’t do that now.

"Fortunately as Alaska’s single rep she could only do so much damage. As the continuation of a trend though, where you end up with a Congress of Palins, Walkers, Cawthorns, Tubervilles, Boeberts, Gosars, and Taylor Greenes, it’s quite bad."
https://www.lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com/20 ... -stupidity
busterbunker

Post by busterbunker »

That's an interesting blog. It's funny, I somewhat align with the five points he lists there, for my own reasons. But I reach an entirely opposite conclusion and stay as far away from these morons as I can.
raison de arizona

50 candidates: A wild U.S. House race takes shape in Alaska
Fifty candidates are running in the special election to fill Alaska’s lone U.S. House seat — a field that includes former Gov. Sarah Palin, Santa Claus, current and former officeholders and dozens of others.

The number of candidates is more than twice the number seen in any other primary in the Alaska history, and greater than the number of mushers who ran this year’s Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race.

New candidates continued to enter the race right up to deadline of 5 p.m. Friday, two weeks after the sudden death of Don Young, Alaska’s sole congressman of 49 years. Some of the candidates were proteges of Young; others were rivals. Their experience runs the gamut from political novices to veterans of statewide campaigns.
:snippity:
https://www.adn.com/politics/2022/04/01 ... in-alaska/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

I'm just copy and pasting a facebook post
David James Author
We are launching a new voting system this year, and because of Don Young’s death, it’s getting an early start. First we have a jungle primary where everyone picks one candidate. There are fifty candidates. Fifty. Palin isn’t even close to craziest.

The top four vote getters advance to the general election, and then it’s ranked choice.

It’s going to be interesting. There is a town near Fairbanks called North Pole that is for us what Wasilla is for Anchorage: an unavoidable shithole full of far right nut jobs. There’s a city councilman there who for real had his name legally changed to Santa Claus. Now get this. In all-but-outright-Nazi North Pole, he’s a Bernie Bro who got elected, and even the Republicans like him on a personal level. He’s one of the fifty candidates and damned straight I’m voting for him. If we can get Santa Claus into Congress, even if it’s only to complete Young’s term, that will be the best election result in Alaska since 2014, when legalizing weed got more votes by far than any statewide candidate on the ballot. And we had governor, senator, and at-large representative that year. It could be a needed salve on the festering wound that Sarah Palin’s very existence has left on Alaska’s global reputation.
I'
Hic sunt dracones
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

she went on sux snooze and said she would LOVE to debate AOC basically said she would school her in every subject.

I had to clean up my keyboard. Pepsi sticks
raison de arizona

The only person Palin could school is…

Well crap.

I got nothing.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Apr 05, 2022 2:21 am The only person Palin could school is…

Well crap.

I got nothing.
Marjorie Tinfoil-Greed...

Lauren Qbert...

Madison Klanthorn...

:shrug:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor

Return to “Other weirdos”