Ghislaine Maxwell trial

RVInit

Re: Ghislaine Maxwell trial

Post by RVInit »

LM K wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:46 pm
RVInit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:43 pm Her story brings back bad memories. In my case, my father's friend came to the house, saw the piano and that was his opening. He and his wife just happen to be musicians. And when he found out which daughter plays the piano it became all about how he and his wife would love to get together with me to play music (at THEIR house of course). So, now I have my father pressuring me to go to the man's house. He's all proud that he has a daughter talented enough to play music with adults! The man who showed up the day after my father invited him over and oh, just happened to be "too early" and my parents weren't home yet, and yeah, your father is expecting me, so of course I let him in.

Victim blamers are the first ones to wonder why you didn't say anything for 20. Fucking. Years.
I'm so sorry. This trial is raising memories for victims.

You are loved and cared about, my friend.
:bighug:

I may have to stay off Twitter for a while. This is not good for me.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

RVInit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:43 pm Her story brings back bad memories.
:( :bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

I love The Women of the ‘Bow. :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :P

My sweet Sprout met a young lady, 17, at one of his shows. The were instantly smitten but he was so worried that he would be an abuser if they started dating then. So they agreed to wait.

She turned 18 in July. They haven’t been apart since. :P
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RVInit wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:43 pm Her story brings back bad memories. In my case, my father's friend came to the house, saw the piano and that was his opening. He and his wife just happen to be musicians. And when he found out which daughter plays the piano it became all about how he and his wife would love to get together with me to play music (at THEIR house of course). So, now I have my father pressuring me to go to the man's house. He's all proud that he has a daughter talented enough to play music with adults! The man who showed up the day after my father invited him over and oh, just happened to be "too early" and my parents weren't home yet, and yeah, your father is expecting me, so of course I let him in.

Victim blamers are the first ones to wonder why you didn't say anything for 20. Fucking. Years.
Yep. Never told anyone about my uncle, even my husband, until both my parents were dead. That's fourteen years ago, twenty years after the creep died.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

RVInit, you are not alone, my friend. I’m so sorry. 💕

I never told my husband until my father was dead.
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Court is adjourned for the night.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:57 pm

Yep. Never told anyone about my uncle, even my husband, until both my parents were dead. That's fourteen years ago, twenty years after the creep died.
:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
LM K

Post by LM K »

AndyinPA wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:57 pm

You are loved and cared for, friend.
LM K

Post by LM K »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:02 pm RVInit, you are not alone, my friend. I’m so sorry. 💕

You are loved and cared for, my friend.

This trial will stir up memories and emotions for many here. Sexual abuse is carried for life.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:02 pm RVInit, you are not alone, my friend. I’m so sorry. 💕

:bighug: Thank you. And you too. There are so many of us. Sadly.

:grouphug: for all of us.
--Colin Kaepernick
LM K

Post by LM K »

tek wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:48 pm
LM K wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:45 pm Defense atty just gave victim's sisters name.

The doxxing is already starting.
WTAF?
Right!! This question was asked in the first 3 mins of cross exam.

There are a lot of QAnon and rwnjs trolling twitter hoping to confirm their conspiracy theories and/or hate about gov, other Epstein friends, etc. They are already working on this.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:grouphug:
My heart hurts for all of us.
Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

Phoenix520 wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 5:16 pm :grouphug:
My heart hurts for all of us.
We know. We know.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

It’s so depressing there are so many absolutely shitty people in this world. Makes one want believe there really is a hell. :mad:
bob

Post by bob »

Image ImageImage
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

My former BIL molested my sister and I ...she was 8 and I was 12

he was a "trusted" member of our family.

My sister has been gone a year and I finally told that fuck that the family was done with him and would prefer he not be at OUR family's gatherings
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

So, with how many men did this victim testify to having been coerced to engage in abusive behavior, and did she name anyone other than Maxwell and Epstein?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

It seems like there are many people who come from families where love and support are constantly demonstrated to the point where, if a young person from that family is molested, they know for a fact that they can tell their parents what happened, completely confident they won't be blamed or shamed. Elizabeth Smart came from such a family. And that is why on the day she came home she was able to tell her parents she was sexually molested every single day since she was kidnapped. And she was also able to tell the whole world her story, writing a book about it. It didn't take her 20 or 45 years to be able to tell someone this dark and horrible secret. The key to understanding why she could do that? Re-read the first sentence. She came from a family that openly demonstrated to her that they love and support her.

People like Epstein and Maxwell don't victimize those kind of people. They victimized the young people that come from families that don't openly show their love and support. Those kind of children have doubts about what will happen to them if they tell. They "know" they will be blamed and shamed. They "know" they will not be believed. And that is why they keep it to themselves.

Even today I only have about 75% confidence that had I told my father what happened that he would have completely supported and not blamed me or made me feel like I had done something to cause this to happen. My father was not a bad person, and my mother is not a bad person. But my mother hugged me for the first time when I was 18 years old. Not because she was a bad person. Both my parents came from cold families. I never witnessed any displays of warmth or caring from either of their families. They never received it and they never learned to give it. It doesn't mean they didn't feel it. It doesn't mean they didn't love and support me. They just didn't know how to display it. And as a teenager you don't understand these nuances. You only know that you haven't felt warm, secure, and completely safe in your parent's care and confidence. And so, when something like this happens, of course you have doubts that they will support you. And you don't tell anyone because of those doubts.

Those of you who clearly can't understand that are lucky. Obviously you come from the kind of family that Elizabeth Smart comes from. And Jeffrey Epstein and Ghislaine Maxwell would have smelled that from miles away and not taken any chances with molesting you. Because they would have known you would be like Elizabeth Smart, confident that you could tell your parents without them shaming and blaming you.
--Colin Kaepernick
LM K

Post by LM K »

Res Ipsa wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 10:24 pm So, with how many men did this victim testify to having been coerced to engage in abusive behavior, and did she name anyone other than Maxwell and Epstein?
Only Epstein and Maxwell.

Prosecutors decided to not bring up charges against Prince Andrew.

I don't expect the names of those other than Epstein and Maxwell to be mentioned except in passing. Jane said that Epstein and Maxwell bragged about knowing certain famous people, some of whom she named, but they did so to impress her.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Asked to describe Ms Maxwell's standing in Epstein's operations, Mr Visoski described her as "the number two".”

How appropriate :mrgreen:

“Ghislaine Maxwell: Epstein pilot testifies he flew Prince Andrew”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-59484332
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Uninformed wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 4:56 pm
:( :bighug:
:bighug:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

More :bighug: from me.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

bill_g wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 9:10 am
More :bighug: from me.
More :bighug: from me too.
Res Ipsa

Post by Res Ipsa »

LM K wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:04 am
I don't expect the names of those other than Epstein and Maxwell to be mentioned except in passing.
That strikes me as a little odd. Given that Maxwell is on trial for trafficking, then one might think that all instances of trafficking would be pretty relevant to securing a conviction.

I am interested in this "decision" not to prosecute Prince Andrew. Is there any info on who/when/how this decision was made?
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Res Ipsa wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 11:44 am
LM K wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:04 am
I don't expect the names of those other than Epstein and Maxwell to be mentioned except in passing.
That strikes me as a little odd. Given that Maxwell is on trial for trafficking, then one might think that all instances of trafficking would be pretty relevant to securing a conviction.

I am interested in this "decision" not to prosecute Prince Andrew. Is there any info on who/when/how this decision was made?
Relevant, perhaps, but not necessary. Every count in the indictment relating to enticement of a minor to travel to engage in illegal sex alleges that the illegal sex was with Epstein. I think the government only has to prove that the purpose of the travel was sex with Epstein, even if some of the victims also had sex with others.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson

Return to “Law and Lawsuits”