Barack, Michelle, Sasha and Malia Obama and Family

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

He would have been little more than a blip and a minor annoyance had he not said this after the Santa Barbara shooting:
“I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now,” he wrote. “But: As harsh as this sounds ― your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights.”
Yeah, maybe keep your "thoughts" to yourself.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:27 pm He would have been little more than a blip and a minor annoyance had he not said this after the Santa Barbara shooting:
“I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now,” he wrote. “But: As harsh as this sounds ― your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights.”
He would have only been a blip if John McCain didn't noun, verb 9/11 him during one of the debates.
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:27 pm He would have been little more than a blip and a minor annoyance had he not said this after the Santa Barbara shooting:
“I am sorry you lost your child. I myself have a son and daughter and the one thing I never want to go through, is what you are going through now,” he wrote. “But: As harsh as this sounds ― your dead kids don’t trump my Constitutional rights.
I had forgotten he'd said that...yeah he deserves to be in the Burn thread...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

somerset wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:15 pm
Dr. Ken wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 9:39 am Didn't know where to put this but Joe "The Plumber" died
I think he belongs here:
viewtopic.php?t=2144
:yeahthat:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Yeahbut at least we know what his 'thoughts' were. We can only guess what his prayers were.
Has everybody heard about the bird?
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

:biggrin:
Mike Sington @MikeSington wrote: “I am skinny Santa.” President Obama surprises a classroom of Chicago school kids.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:lovestruck:

I miss him so much!
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Took the words right out of my mouth!
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
NewMexGirl

Post by NewMexGirl »

I’m enchanted once again.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

A BLACK skinny Santa. :eek: :o I await the MILLION M0MS protest press release.
raison de arizona

IMG_6669.jpeg
IMG_6669.jpeg (279.93 KiB) Viewed 5880 times
Poster available here: https://www.womenspeak.shop/hw01
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

:heart:
raison de arizona

Merry Christmas from Obama.
Barack Obama @BarackObama wrote: This year has tested us in many ways, but Christmas is a reminder of the power of community to keep us together even in difficult times. Wishing you all a peaceful holiday.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Where was the ROT IN HELL?
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Dec 25, 2023 4:25 pm Where was the ROT IN HELL?
Beat me to it :lol:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Tweet image is Obama's favorite music of '23.
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

"For balance", can someone point us to the equivalent list of Diaper Don's fave tunes? Not here of course, but perhaps on the tfg topic.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

I strongly doubt tfg has a playlist of favs for the year. Well um we know he likes YMCA but don't play that or else we have to watch him "dance". :shock:
bob

Post by bob »

People: Barack Obama Wins Second Emmy in Narration Category, Beating Out Fierce Competition Including Morgan Freeman:
The 44th U.S. president — who narrated Netflix's "Working: What We Do All Day" — faced stiff competition from fellow nominees Morgan Freeman, Mahershala Ali, Angela Bassett and Pedro Pascal

Former President Barack Obama is now a two-time Emmy winner after beating out fierce competition on Sunday for outstanding narrator in Working: What We Do All Day.

The 44th president, 61, faced a slew of nominees known for their standout voices, including Morgan Freeman (Our Universe), Mahershala Ali (Chimp Empire), Angela Bassett (Good Night Oppy) and Pedro Pascal (Patagonia: Life On The Edge Of The World).

Obama secured the victory in the same category he won last year for his work on Netflix's five-part documentary series Our Great National Parks.
Two terms and two Emmys. :dance:
Image ImageImage
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

This will make the OrangeShitGibbon* hate him even more. OSG was never even nominated! Witch hunt!

*Thank you so much Scotland.
bob

Post by bob »

NBC: Malia Obama embraces new stage name during Hollywood directing career debut:
Michelle and Barack Obama's daughter Malia Obama debuted a new name as her Hollywood career heats up, helping distance herself from the former president and first lady

Malia Obama is voting for a fresh start.

As her Hollywood career takes off, Barack and Michelle Obama's oldest daughter has dropped her last name in favor of her middle name, officially going by Malia Ann for her newest film project "The Heart."

Fans did a double take after Malia Obama's pen name was revealed in the Sundance Institute's "Meet the Artist" spotlight video, which introduced her as filmmaker Malia Ann, seemingly in an effort to distance herself from her powerful parents, who have also launched careers in entertainment with Higher Ground Productions.
I get it: She's trying to show that she doesn't want to be seen as riding her parents' coattails.
Image ImageImage
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

https://www.facebook.com/barackobama/po ... %2CO%2CP-R
Barack Obama
16 m ·
Fourteen years ago today, I signed the Affordable Care Act into law.

Afterwards, one Republican member of the House called the ACA the “most dangerous piece of legislation ever passed in Congress.” Another predicted the country would “never recover from it.” But then something else happened: it actually worked.

Since the ACA was passed, the percentage of uninsured Americans has been cut in half. And thanks to the investments the Biden-Harris Administration has made to build on the ACA, more than 21 million Americans now have access to quality, affordable health care.

Today, young people are staying on their parents’ plans until they’re 26. Americans with pre-existing conditions are no longer being denied coverage. Seniors and people with disabilities are paying less for prescription drugs. And Americans everywhere are switching jobs and starting their own businesses without worrying about losing their insurance.

In so many ways, the Affordable Care Act has become part of our lives, changing the way we think about health insurance. But that doesn’t mean we can take it for granted.

Right now, some Republicans are still trying to repeal and gut the ACA – including calling for cuts that could put insurance out of reach for tens of millions of Americans.

We’ve come too far to let that happen. President Biden has proven that he’ll keep fighting to build on the ACA, and we need to fight with him. Because health care is not, and never will be, a privilege. It’s a right – and there’s so much more we can do to make it more affordable and effective for everyone.
Hic sunt dracones
Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

Good for her!!!
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

I don't think I've ever seen this video before. It looks like it's from his first trip to Kenya in his 20s
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”