Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

COVID-19 and the States

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Re: COVID-19 and the States

Post by bill_g »

That's pretty damning.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

bill_g wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:32 am That's pretty damning.
But how many quintillions have the vaccines killed? :confuzzled:
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:37 am
bill_g wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:32 am That's pretty damning.
But how many quintillions have the vaccines killed? :confuzzled:
I think I know the answer to this. Gimme a minute ... gotta Google it. You know, do my research. BRB
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.cjonline.com/story/news/cor ... 198489002/
A group of Kansas politicians tasked with steering public health policy are pushing to allow doctors to prescribe unproven treatments and preventives for COVID-19 without any potential for responsibility.

While the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has warned against using ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19, some Republican senators want to shield doctors from legal liability and board discipline for prescribing the drugs.

Ivermectin is used to treat parasitic worms, especially in livestock. Hydroxychloroquine, sometimes abbreviated as HCQ, is a malaria drug that is also used to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Neither drug has proven to be save and effective for treating or preventing COVID-19.

But that hasn't stopped the Senate Public Health and Welfare Committee from advancing a bill making it easier for doctors to prescribe the drugs for off-label use. The bill would also require pharmacists to fill such prescriptions, even if they believe the drugs would be dangerous for patients.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:10 pm https://www.cjonline.com/story/news/cor ... 198489002/
:snippity: :snippity: :snippity:
But that hasn't stopped the Senate Public Health and Welfare Committee from advancing a bill making it easier for doctors to prescribe the drugs for off-label use. The bill would also require pharmacists to fill such prescriptions, even if they believe the drugs would be dangerous for patients.
Of all the things that are touted as gubmint overreach, THIS isn't???
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
tek

Post by tek »

some Republican senators want to shield doctors from legal liability and board discipline for prescribing the drugs.
by that logic, they could prescribe anything at all for me and bear no responsibility when I die?
How's that gonna work?
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:10 pm https://www.cjonline.com/story/news/cor ... 198489002/
A group of Kansas politicians tasked with steering public health policy are pushing to allow doctors to prescribe unproven treatments and preventives for COVID-19 without any potential for responsibility.

While the U.S. Food and Drug Administration has warned against using ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine for COVID-19, some Republican senators want to shield doctors from legal liability and board discipline for prescribing the drugs.

Ivermectin is used to treat parasitic worms, especially in livestock. Hydroxychloroquine, sometimes abbreviated as HCQ, is a malaria drug that is also used to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. Neither drug has proven to be save and effective for treating or preventing COVID-19.

This is the KANSAS senate, not the US senate, by the way.
Jim

Post by Jim »

tek wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 2:38 pm
some Republican senators want to shield doctors from legal liability and board discipline for prescribing the drugs.
by that logic, they could prescribe anything at all for me and bear no responsibility when I die?
How's that gonna work?
WOOHOO!!! Kansas Doctors will now be able to prescribe marijuana with no consequences!!!
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Jim wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm
How's that gonna work?
WOOHOO!!! Kansas Doctors will now be able to prescribe marijuana with no consequences!!!
Unintended consequences meets populist beliefs.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Glad to see Omicron dropping rapidly in NY
NY numbers Jan 30 2022.jpg
NY numbers Jan 30 2022.jpg (19.38 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

Oregon has kept it's mandate for almost the entire pandemic. The mandate was lifted for a few weeks in May/June. We are the only state that has maintained a nearly continuous mask mandate in the country.

It worked.

Only Maine has had fewer infections per 100,000 people in all 50 states.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Jim wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:19 pm
How's that gonna work?
I was thinking that whatever logic they're using to try and push this crap through could also be applied to MJ. I know it's unlikely to every happen, but I would SOOOOO love for KS to legalize MJ for prescription (at least) as it would likely help me out with my pain (at least it did when I used to use it recreationally).
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 5.39.28 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-02-27 at 5.39.28 AM.png (361.84 KiB) Viewed 1743 times
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Interesting graphic showing Covid deaths per population since the beginning of the pandemic, by state, colored by their political leanings -

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

I follow my county, not the whole state.

In a county with more than a million people, one percent is ten thousand.

Right now we have fewer than 2,500 cases. Quarter of a percent. That's total cases, not hospitalized. I think we're doing well.
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

That's what I follow, too. We are down from 22,000+ six weeks ago to about 700+ last week. While I'm still wearing a mask I'm not seeing many signs that are requiring them. I was in the grocery store yesterday that has been pretty proactive about wearing masks. There was no sign stating that when I went in and the employees are no longer wearing them. I'd say it was about a 50/50 split on the customers. The Pittsburgh Home Show does not seem to be requiring them, but I'm not sure if I will wear it or not. It will probably depend on how busy it is, which should be not very, as we always go early in the afternoon.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Hennepin County (Minneapolis and its suburbs) has dropped its mask requirements, so most the folks in the library today were not wearing masks although the librarians were.

I'm going to a concert at Orchestra Hall in downtown Minneapolis Friday evening. My niece, who was a finalist in a recent competition, will be playing a solo piece in a pre-concert before the Minnesota Orchestra's main concert. Anyway, Orchestra Hall states:
We require either proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a dated negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the last 72 hours prior to entrance or event for anyone entering Orchestra Hall, including children. Adults must also present a photo ID. Full vaccination means your visit to Orchestra Hall is at least two weeks after your final dose of a vaccine. Boosters are recommended but not required for entry. Negative LFTs and antibody/serology tests will not be accepted. Masks are required inside the Orchestra Hall auditorium for everyone at all times.
Neither my niece or my sister-in-law are vaccinated. That must be a pain to get a dated test every time you want to do something fun. My sister-in-law - who has an amazing voice - had been in a regional choir, but dropped out this year when they started requiring a vaccination or dated test. She couldn't get a timely test in her town, and it's an hour up the The Cities if she wanted one. Their choice.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Wed Mar 09, 2022 6:36 pm Hennepin County (Minneapolis and its suburbs) has dropped its mask requirements, so most the folks in the library today were not wearing masks although the librarians were.

I'm going to a concert at Orchestra Hall in downtown Minneapolis Friday evening. My niece, who was a finalist in a recent competition, will be playing a solo piece in a pre-concert before the Minnesota Orchestra's main concert. Anyway, Orchestra Hall states:
We require either proof of full COVID-19 vaccination or a dated negative COVID-19 PCR test taken within the last 72 hours prior to entrance or event for anyone entering Orchestra Hall, including children. Adults must also present a photo ID. Full vaccination means your visit to Orchestra Hall is at least two weeks after your final dose of a vaccine. Boosters are recommended but not required for entry. Negative LFTs and antibody/serology tests will not be accepted. Masks are required inside the Orchestra Hall auditorium for everyone at all times.
Neither my niece or my sister-in-law are vaccinated. That must be a pain to get a dated test every time you want to do something fun. My sister-in-law - who has an amazing voice - had been in a regional choir, but dropped out this year when they started requiring a vaccination or dated test. She couldn't get a timely test in her town, and it's an hour up the The Cities if she wanted one. Their choice.

We were at the Benedum Centre to see Hamilton two weeks ago. It's where the Broadway shows come. The symphony orchestra is at Heinz Hall. Both have the same requirements as your Orchestra Hall.
mojosapien
Occupation: Desktop support. Retired juror for the next three years, thanks.
Verified:

Post by mojosapien »

"Industrial Disease"

Warning lights are flashing down at quality control.
Somebody threw a spanner, they threw him in the hole.
There's rumors in the loading bay and anger in the town.
Somebody blew the whistle, and the walls came down.

There's a meeting in the boardroom,
They're trying to trace the smell.
There's leaking in the washroom,
There's a sneak in personnel.

Somewhere in the corridors,
Someone was heard to sneeze.
Goodness me
Could this be
Industrial disease?

The caretaker was crucified for sleeping at his post.
Refusing to be pacified, it's him they blame the most.
The watchdog's got rabies, the foreman's got fleas.
Everyone's concerned about industrial disease.

There's panic on the switchboard, tongues in knots.
Some come out in sympathy, some come out in spots.
Some blame the management, some the employees.
Everybody knows it's the industrial disease.

Yeah, and now the work force is disgusted, downs tools and walks.
Innocence is injured, experience just talks.
Everyone seeks damages, everyone agrees
That these are "classic symptoms of a monetary squeeze".

On ITV and BBC they talk about the curse.
Philosophy is useless, theology is worse.
History boils over there's an economics freeze.
Sociologists invent words that mean "industrial disease".

Doctor Parkinson declared, "I'm not surprised to see you here.
You've got smokers cough from smoking, brewer's droop from drinking beer.
I don't know how you came to get the Betty Davis knees,
But worst of all, young man, you've got industrial disease."

He wrote me a prescription he said, "You are depressed.
I'm glad you came to see me to get this off your chest.
Come back and see me later. Next patient, please.
Send in another victim of industrial disease."

Oh, splendid.

I go down to speaker's corner. I'm thunderstruck.
They got free speech, tourists, police in trucks.
Two men say they're Jesus. One of them must be wrong.
There's a protest singer, he's singing a protest song.
He says,

"They wanna have a war to keep their factories.
They wanna have a war to keep us on our knees.
They wanna have a war to stop us buying Japanese.
They wanna have a war to stop industrial disease.

They're pointing out the enemy to keep you deaf and blind.
They wanna sap your energy, incarcerate your mind.
Give you "Rule Britannia", gassy beer, page three.
Two weeks in España and Sunday striptease."

Meanwhile, the first Jesus says, "I'd cure it soon.
Abolish Monday mornings and Friday afternoons."
The other one's on a hunger strike, he's dying by degrees
How come Jesus gets industrial disease? :confuzzled:
Think like a fortune cookie. ©2022-Mojosapien
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

I was able to get a 2nd booster yesterday because I am immuno compromised

I have 2 Moderna and 2 phizer

I am spiked baby!!!
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

https://www.beckershospitalreview.com/p ... mates.html
43% of Americans have had COVID-19, CDC estimates
Gabrielle Masson - Tuesday, March 1st, 2022

More than 140 million Americans — about 43 percent of the nation's population — have had COVID-19, according to CDC estimates cited by The Washington Post.

Every two weeks, the CDC collects thousands of blood tests analyzed by commercial labs for reasons unrelated to COVID-19. Those samples are also tested for coronavirus antibodies. The data is from 72,000 blood samples gathered through Jan. 29, which means the number of Americans infected is likely much higher now. The study counts each person only once and includes only antibodies from natural infection, not from vaccination.

Nevada wasn't included in the estimates, and there was insufficient data for North Dakota, Arizona and Utah.

Five things to know, per the study:

1. Infection rate estimates are much higher for children and younger adults. The study found 58 percent of children age 11 or younger have antibodies from natural infection, along with the same share among ages 12-17.

2. Just under half of adults 49 and younger have been infected. The rate decreases to 37 percent for people 50-64 years and 23 percent among Americans 65 or older.

3. At the end of November — just before omicron began spreading in the U.S. — the study estimated 103 million Americans had been infected. According to that measure, 37 million new people got COVID-19 in the two months ending late January.

4. At least half of the population in 14 states have had COVID-19, with Wisconsin reporting 56 percent of its population at one point infected. The other states with a majority infection rate, in descending order, are Georgia, Iowa, Illinois, Ohio, Wyoming, Texas, Indiana, Mississippi, Nebraska, Michigan, New Jersey, Tennessee and Louisiana.

5. Vermont has the lowest estimated infection rate with 18 percent. The next-lowest states in ascending order are Hawaii, Maine, Oregon, Washington, New Hampshire, Virginia and Massachusetts.
And here's the link to the WaPo article cited. There's an interactive map that gives every state. I see they have Florida at 40% infection rate, which I find hard to believe (too low), blood samples or no.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2 ... e=hs_email
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

p0rtia wrote: Wed Apr 06, 2022 2:16 pm
And here's the link to the WaPo article cited. There's an interactive map that gives every state. I see they have Florida at 40% infection rate, which I find hard to believe (too low), blood samples or no.
If they're talking about folks still alive who have had Covid, maybe they're right. The numbers change if you add in all the people in your state who had Covid but died.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

And the died number is probably undercounted.
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

Agreed x 2.

We won't have real numbers for a couple of years, I reckon.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”