COVID-19 and the States

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
tek

Re: COVID-19 and the States

Post by tek »

just finishing this book: https://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/book ... n-koeppel/

I can't stand there we're there all over again.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:55 pm https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyvjzm/ ... d-arkansas

Basically talking to patients in Arkansas who have full blown COVID and who wont get the vaccine. A doctor says he has a success rate of about 1 on 5. A lot of patients think the doctors are lying to them, and when the doctors insist they have Covid they get agitated and that causes their Blood Oxagen to collapse. And talk about how the age of patients has gone down.

FOX News needs to be shut down.
But that is stupid in itself. Surviving covid patients don't need no longer any vaccine, they are inherently protected, at least in the near terms. They may require a booster shot later.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The "Asking them to Vaccinate" thing was something I found curious myself when reading the article, to be honest. They don't explain it.
Hic sunt dracones
dan1100

Post by dan1100 »

RTH10260 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:15 am
Suranis wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 7:55 pm https://www.vice.com/en/article/dyvjzm/ ... d-arkansas

Basically talking to patients in Arkansas who have full blown COVID and who wont get the vaccine. A doctor says he has a success rate of about 1 on 5. A lot of patients think the doctors are lying to them, and when the doctors insist they have Covid they get agitated and that causes their Blood Oxagen to collapse. And talk about how the age of patients has gone down.

But that is stupid in itself. Surviving covid patients don't need no longer any vaccine, they are inherently protected, at least in the near terms. They may require a booster shot later.
That's not what the CDC says.
Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... s/faq.html
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

dan1100 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:19 am
RTH10260 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:15 am

That's not what the CDC says.
Yes, you should be vaccinated regardless of whether you already had COVID-19. That’s because experts do not yet know how long you are protected from getting sick again after recovering from COVID-19. Even if you have already recovered from COVID-19, it is possible—although rare—that you could be infected with the virus that causes COVID-19 again. Studies have shown that vaccination provides a strong boost in protection in people who have recovered from COVID-19. Learn more about why getting vaccinated is a safer way to build protection than getting infected.
https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nc ... s/faq.html
:boxing: what I said, protected in the near term but booster recommended. IIRC immunization by covid outbreak can start to detoriate as soon as three months after illness.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

As an Arkansan I am horrified by the COVID rampage caused by the Republican party, the former guy, and right wing media.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:01 am
Lani wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 11:25 pm N.C. Rep. Keith Kidwell
► Show Spoiler
Apparently other members are ill as well. House Speaker Tim Moore said "he would later announce several other members were battling health concerns and needed prayers."

Hmmm - I wonder about the story of the deities rescue effort on that drowning believer: I sent you a boat..., then I sent you a 'copter, and then I sent you the vaccine :blackeye:
Maybe Democrats should consider blasting these states will billboards? It can't hurt. I mean a billboard showing Jesus sitting beside a COVID patient saying I sent a vaccine might just reach a handful of people.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

"What are you in for?"
"I told my employees they needed to get vaccinated."

My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

NY DAshboardaug2021.jpg
NY DAshboardaug2021.jpg (90.77 KiB) Viewed 1036 times
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Lani

Post by Lani »

Hawaii has it's first hospital to reach capacity, no available ICU, sending ambulances away. Meanwhile, Honolulu County has delayed mandatory vaccination for County workers due to the lawsuit by 1st responders. It's not really mandatory. Mandatory to be vaccinated or be tested weekly.

Business leaders here are looking for mandates like those imposed in New York and San Francisco, which include vaccine requirements for establishments like restaurants and gyms before customers can enter.

More restrictions are coming up soon. And of course, lawsuits will follow.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly

Post by filly »

Went to the grocery store today. About 40% of shoppers (and all employees) were masked (I am not in Texas, thank God!). Most seniors were masked, although I did see some male geezers using the electric carts not masked. Noticed one younger woman who was masked, then noticed she was pregnant. Cases up here aren't that bad yet, but you can tell who is paying attention.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

filly

Post by filly »

Hmm, it would be nice if we all could get tested daily. I am not sure what "vaccinated in December" means, but most Texans his age couldn't even get the first shot in December. Must be nice to immediately go on monoclonal antibody treatments. Maybe he gets priority because of his paralysis, but how ironic.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

filly wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 4:58 pm Went to the grocery store today. About 40% of shoppers (and all employees) were masked (I am not in Texas, thank God!). Most seniors were masked, although I did see some male geezers using the electric carts not masked. Noticed one younger woman who was masked, then noticed she was pregnant. Cases up here aren't that bad yet, but you can tell who is paying attention.
I've noticed a heck of a lot more people wearing masks here in AZ in the last few days. :thumbsup: I guess the message is getting through, at least somewhat.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

We are still okay here in PA. But the numbers are going up. No hospitals are experiencing surges, at least not in this area of the state. I was out today to Home Goods and a few other places. I wore my mask, but I'd say less than half were wearing them. There's no mandate here, but some chains have suggested masks. My last stop was a farmers' market, and I didn't wear my mask, but by next week that might change.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

:hammerandsickle: The FEMA Camps are back! :hammerandsickle:
Talk of a military takeover is in the air.

“Their agenda Martial law,” one woman wrote on Facebook.

"They might be taking the non-vaccinated to FEMA camps!”came a response.

“Stupidity,” concluded still another social-media denizen. “Create a crisis so you can come in and ‘rescue.’ It’s a sick plan.”

These are comments sparked by a recent news story about Gov. Kate Brown’s decision to send National Guard troops to Oregon’s hospitals. The commenters hinted of dark motives, of Big Government run amok and the loss of our constitutional liberties.
:snippity:

The reason for the decision has nothing to do with a Beaver State coup d’état, needless to say. Some Oregon hospitals, already short-staffed, risk being overwhelmed by the flood of new cases as the coronavirus pandemic grinds on. Alarmingly, more than a year into the coronavirus pandemic, children are now being hospitalized for COVID-19 at a record rate across the country.

The objective of the National Guard deployment, Brown announced Aug. 13 in a statement, is for troops “to support frontline health-care workers as Oregon hospitals face a surge of hospitalizations due to the rapid spread of the delta variant.”

National Guard troops will provide “logistical support as materials handlers and equipment runners, as well as assisting with COVID-19 testing and other necessary services to support hospital operations.”

St. Charles Health Systems, which operates four hospitals in Central Oregon, welcomed the governor’s order.

“The stress on Oregon hospitals right now is truly unprecedented,” St. Charles Health CEO Joe Sluka said in a statement. “Our resources are stretched woefully thin at the same time we are seeing a frightening rise in COVID cases.”

About 96% of all positive coronavirus tests in the state are the delta variant, Military.com noted.
Just over a month ago, the highly transmissible version of the virus made up only 15% of positive cases in Oregon.

Brown said she’s in touch with theFederal Emergency Management Agency for additional assistance and funding. This statement might have helped revive the debunked FEMA concentration camps conspiracy theory, which has been taken up over the past year by the anti-government militia Oath Keepers, among others.
:tinfoil:

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”