Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

COVID-19 and the States

We have ALL your misinformation, plus some TRUE FACTS and SCIENCE.
Volkonski
Verified:

Re: COVID-19 and the States

Post by Volkonski »

Tara Blume
@tcblume
·
41m
I don't think anyone is surprised by these weekend Covid cases, up by almost 8000.
The jump in deaths is significant: 84.
Integris and OU are reporting their Intensive Care Units are full, and Mercy is almost full.

Oklahoma
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Max Kennerly
@MaxKennerly
·
40m
Florida Man tells people not to get tested while standing behind a lectern that says "EARLY TREATMENT SAVES LIVES."
Quote Tweet
The Recount
@therecount
· 5h
As Omicron surges, Florida Surgeon General Joseph Ladapo says the state is working to "unwind" the COVID "testing psychology" that the federal government has prioritized.
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

KHOU 11 News Houston
@KHOU
·
1h
According to Texas Children's Hospital:

- Today’s hospitalization numbers at TCH have surpassed the peak during delta surge.
- Close to 70 pediatric patients hospitalized at TCH with COVID
- Majority of those patents are unvaccinated
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

‘It’s very scary to see the line like this,’ hundreds face several-hour lines at UNLV’s drive-thru test site

https://www.8newsnow.com/news/its-very- ... test-site/
LAS VEGAS (KLAS) — It was a congested traffic scene at UNLV’s Covid-19 drive-thru test site Sunday as hundreds of cars lined up on Tropicana and University Center Drive across from the Thomas & Mack Center throughout the day. Many people reported waits of up to 4-hours long.

:snippity: Katie Lee, who plans on visiting family in the next couple of days, says she hasn’t been able to get tested anywhere, and waiting in the drive-thru line was her last resort.

“I have been to Urgent Care, and I’ve called every Walgreens, and I can’t find a rapid test or a PCR test,” said Lee.

“I got in line at four, and it’s taken me four hours to get this close,” she added.

Sunday’s testing site opened at 5:30 pm, and due to the high demand, organizers started to shut down the line by 8:30 pm but allowed those who made it past the entry point had until 10:30 pm to get tested.

“If everybody would have just gotten on board and understood the social responsibility of getting this vaccine, so it didn’t make multiple and mutate this could have been avoided,” added Lee. :snippity:
W. Kevin Vicklund

Post by W. Kevin Vicklund »

At this rate, Florida is going to announce fines for any company that requires quarantine for anybody with symptoms. I place the over/under at January 17th.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:41 pm At this rate, Florida is going to announce fines for any company that requires quarantine for anybody with symptoms. I place the over/under at January 17th.
:winner:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Lani

Post by Lani »

Today I wondered why there was a long row of cars at the mall. Then I saw that the line started on one side of the mall and continued to the back side. Then I saw the line went down a hill to the back of Target. About 1/2 mile of vehicles bumper to bumper. Turned out there was a drive in test site.

I've had 2 drive in tests at a medical lab. Took less than 20 minutes, maybe saw 4 or 5 cars at most.

People seem to have realized that covid is real. And that's a good thing!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Hogan Declares State Of Emergency In Response To COVID-19

https://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2022/01/ ... -covid-19/
With COVID-19 hospitalizations topping 3,000 in Maryland and predicted to continue climbing, Gov. Larry Hogan on Tuesday declared a state of emergency to combat the public health crisis.

Hogan also signed a pair of executive orders—the first empowering the Maryland Department of Health to regulate hospital staffing and resources, and the second activating 1,000 Maryland National Guard members to shore up the state’s EMS ranks.

“While we can’t manufacture doctors and nurses who don’t exist, we have continued to do everything we possibly can do at the state level in order to help our hospitals withstand this surge and to save lives,” Hogan said.

The governor said Maryland reached a new peak of 3,057 hospitalizations on Tuesday, which represents an increase of more than 500% over the past seven weeks, and they could surpass 5,000 patients in the coming weeks.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

Here in my state (MD)...

Hogan declares 30-day state of emergency as state enters its ‘most challenging time’ of the pandemic
Gov. Larry Hogan declared a 30-day state of emergency that mobilizes the National Guard to assist state and local health officers at testing and vaccine sites and authorizes the state Department of Health to take steps to increase staffing at overwhelmed hospitals.

Hogan predicted that Maryland is expected to see its “most challenging” phase of the pandemic in the next four to six weeks. He said models are showing that hospitals could see more than 5,000 people hospitalized, which would amount to a 250 percent increase in hospitalizations.
:snippity:
On Tuesday, the state health department reported 3,057 people hospitalized with covid-19, a record since the start of the pandemic. The number of patients hospitalized is an increase of 500 percent in the last seven weeks, Hogan said.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va ... ronavirus/
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

ABC News
@ABC
·
10m
LATEST: At least three major health systems in Florida say half of their COVID-19 patients were originally admitted to hospitals for other reasons.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

News 12 New York
@News12
·
18m
COVID-19 ALERT: New York reports 10,411 #COVID19 hospitalizations, the most since May 1, 2020. Do you think the state is prepared for a continued surge? - https://bit.ly/34giNBX
LM K
Occupation: Professor Shrinky Lady, brainwashing young adults daily!

Post by LM K »

"The jungle is no place for a cellist."
From "Take the Money and Run"
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

NBC News
@NBCNews
·
2m
Two-thirds of the states have set Covid case or hospitalization records since Dec. 28, 2021.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

The Feds should have withheld until Gov. Abbot changed his positions on masks and vaccines.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Texoma's Homepage
@TexomasHomepage
·
2m
Texas continues to break records this week. On Tuesday, the state reported the positivity rate hit a record high for the 11th day in a row, sitting at 34.4%.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:34 pm

NBC News
@NBCNews
·
2m
Two-thirds of the states have set Covid case or hospitalization records since Dec. 28, 2021.
Wait, South Carolina is doing well? :confuzzled:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
filly

Post by filly »

I bookmarked this nearly 2 years ago. It's not perfect (mainly because some states only report sporadically) but it's the 14 day moving average of cases. Easy to scan and pretty scary: https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2020/he ... and-cases/
filly

Post by filly »

Foggy wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:59 am
Volkonski wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:34 pm

NBC News
@NBCNews
·
2m
Wait, South Carolina is doing well? :confuzzled:
Via the CNN link in my last post, 14 day moving average they are up only 675%
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Stephanie Whitfield
@KHOUStephanie
·
9m
Houston’s COVID wastewater testing is showing another massive jump.

The latest samples show 1694% more virus in the wastewater compared to July 2020. Positivity rate is now 27%.

#Omicron has been detected at almost every water treatment plant.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Record-breaking COVID cases in Florida causing strain in hospitals and essential services

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/covid-flor ... =146954846
An average of more than 550,000 Americans are testing positive for COVID every day. About 10% of them are in Florida, where the average number of new cases is higher than it has been since the coronavirus pandemic began.

Hospitalizations in Florida remain well below their highs during the Delta variant surge. But hospitalizations are rising fast: 340% higher in the last two weeks, according to the Florida Hospital Association.

Miami-Dade County, Florida's most populous county, is seeing record-breaking case numbers which have hospitals struggling to meet demand.

The maternity ward at Holy Cross Hospital was forced to close due to staffing shortages. With new hospital admissions in Miami-Dade up 550% in just two weeks, the need for health care workers will only increase.
Kriselda Gray
Verified:

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Volkonski wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:44 pm The Feds should have withheld until Gov. Abbot changed his positions on masks and vaccines.
I was feeling that way, too, but I have to wonder if it's really right to punish the people of Texas for the venality of their leaders. Yeah, they elected him, but I somehow doubt they imagined he'd go all in on rooting for a pandemic against his own citizens
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:42 pm
Volkonski wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:44 pm The Feds should have withheld until Gov. Abbot changed his positions on masks and vaccines.
I was feeling that way, too, but I have to wonder if it's really right to punish the people of Texas for the venality of their leaders. Yeah, they elected him, but I somehow doubt they imagined he'd go all in on rooting for a pandemic against his own citizens
All of them didn’t elect him. This could be seen as similar to Trump’s threats to withhold funding from “Democrat” cities, although not the same.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Dallas Morning News
@dallasnews
·
8m
Nearly 200 Dallas police and Fire-Rescue workers quarantined in latest COVID-19 surge
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

pipistrelle wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:29 pm
Kriselda Gray wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:42 pm
All of them didn’t elect him. This could be seen as similar to Trump’s threats to withhold funding from “Democrat” cities, although not the same.
Those FEMA sites could be a great place to push the health benefits of Wearing Masks, Social Distancing and Vaccination.
And…
We are here to help regardless.

Return to “COVID-19 and its several variants”