Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Up Here in Bathysphere (or wherever it is)

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Good for Dad. :thumbsup: :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

:thumbsup: :biggrin:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:bighug: :bighug: Welcome home Admiral Foghorn.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:bunny: :cheer2: :cheer1:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Umm, he was originally planning on moving up to his apartment this coming Thursday, the 25th. But he doesn't think he's ready quite yet. He's still having trouble walking, even with the rolleter or whatever they call it. He can't use his apartment unless he can walk around to some degree. He jumps in the Zoomer chair to leave the joint and go on adventures, but in the unit itself he needs to walk.

So he's going to stay in rehab and work on walking for another couple weeks. They're telling him he's making progress, and he agrees, but he just wasn't ready quite yet.

Still no sign of heart failure, though. That's good.

And my sisters have apparently been pushing him to try assisted living, but he went to some sort of event to check it out and he said they're all a bunch of zombies and he wants nothing to do with it. That's what we want, too also. ;)
Out from under. :thumbsup:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Oh man. :mad:

Another dose of COVID-19 and he aspirated some vomit in the ambulance so he has aspiration pneumonia, and is right back in the hospital.

And in two days at the hospital he will lose all the progress he's made in the rehab center. :mad:

So, after due consideration ...

1. We will still go up there next week, who needs him to be in the apartment? We can bring all our friends and party down, up on the fifth floor. Reminder to self: Hire a DJ and get a keg of beer set up. Or maybe just stay in his guest room like we always do, and go downstairs to visit him in the rehab joint during the day, assuming he gets out of the hospital and back into rehab by the time we get there.

VII. I am somewhat concerned that he got COVID-19 in a medical facility, because the rehab people were supposed to be protecting him from this. My sister Letitia, the R.N. (retired), says she was visiting him yesterday in the rehab and everyone was wearing masks, including her, and they made her put on a gown of some sort before she could visit him. She doesn't have it, so how did he get it? Weird. (In fairness, the retirement community has done a great job of protecting the residents, and he didn't get it until January this year, but now is the second time.)

d. If he follows the usual course of events ( :lol:), he will spend a week in the hospital, and then seven weeks or so in the rehab, and I'll be all (well, mostly) finished with my second shoulder surgery and able to drive up to see him (roosters drive Camrys).
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so sorry. I went through this see-saw with my mother. It's heartbreaking and draining. :bighug:
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

VII. I am somewhat concerned that he got COVID-19 in a medical facility, because the rehab people were supposed to be protecting him from this. My sister Letitia, the R.N. (retired), says she was visiting him yesterday in the rehab and everyone was wearing masks, including her, and they made her put on a gown of some sort before she could visit him. She doesn't have it, so how did he get it? Weird.
Last week I spent five days in a CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit). On the third day I developed symptoms and tested positive for Covid the day after getting home. As my cardiologist says, "Well yeah, that place is full of sick people."
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

qbawl wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:35 am
VII. I am somewhat concerned that he got COVID-19 in a medical facility, because the rehab people were supposed to be protecting him from this. My sister Letitia, the R.N. (retired), says she was visiting him yesterday in the rehab and everyone was wearing masks, including her, and they made her put on a gown of some sort before she could visit him. She doesn't have it, so how did he get it? Weird.
Last week I spent five days in a CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit). On the third day I developed symptoms and tested positive for Covid the day after getting home. As my cardiologist says, "Well yeah, that place is full of sick people."
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Jeez, here I am feeling sorry for myself with a bad cold. :bighug: :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

qbawl wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:35 am Last week I spent five days in a CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit). On the third day I developed symptoms and tested positive for Covid the day after getting home. As my cardiologist says, "Well yeah, that place is full of sick people."
34. Wait, that means you still have it today, amirite? Are you doing okay? Are you at home? You and I are way too old to be going to the hospital.

XVII. Yes, the rehab and the hospital are full of sick people. But he's been in the rehab for weeks, and everybody who goes in there wears a mask. Everybody in there (and especially the staff) gets tested all the time. They've done a first rate job fighting the virus for three years, and if anyone else had it in the rehab yesterday I think my sister would have found out about it. She was in there yesterday.

2(b)(3). Weird.
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:21 pm
qbawl wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:35 am Last week I spent five days in a CICU (Cardiac Intensive Care Unit). On the third day I developed symptoms and tested positive for Covid the day after getting home. As my cardiologist says, "Well yeah, that place is full of sick people."
34. Wait, that means you still have it today, amirite? Are you doing okay? Are you at home? You and I are way too old to be going to the hospital.

XVII. Yes, the rehab and the hospital are full of sick people. But he's been in the rehab for weeks, and everybody who goes in there wears a mask. Everybody in there (and especially the staff) gets tested all the time. They've done a first rate job fighting the virus for three years, and if anyone else had it in the rehab yesterday I think my sister would have found out about it. She was in there yesterday.

2(b)(3). Weird.
I am home. I wasn't tested in the hospital because my symptoms were mild and we thought it was cold or allergies. I first tested Positive on the 21 May, but I am still showing a positive result when I test. I have not had any severe issues just runny nose sore throat coughing and chest congestion. I was given an antiviral (not PLAXOVID do to drug interaction). The bad news is I gave it to my wife and now she has a rebound case worse than her original case and the Dr. Just prescribed a second course of PLAXOVID for her. She is feeling much worse than I am. Bummer! Of course with the cardiac crap going on I would just as soon have foregone getting Covid except for the honor of the thing!
Annrc
Verified:

Post by Annrc »

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Foggy’s Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Bawl, I hope everyone feels better soon! :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I might be the only person left on earth who hasn’t had covid (except for a branch of the MaybeClan who never left the house even before we were hit with a global pandemic). So, knock on wood…
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
qbawl

Post by qbawl »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:18 pm Foggy’s Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Bawl, I hope everyone feels better soon! :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

I might be the only person left on earth who hasn’t had covid (except for a branch of the MaybeClan who never left the house even before we were hit with a global pandemic). So, knock on wood…
Thanks for the :bighug:! Yep, part of the reason I am so sure I caught it IN the hospital is that I pretty much stay at home and if I go somewhere I mask. Though the boss is quite active she is religious about wearing her mask (except driving me home from the hospital)!
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Maybenaut wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 1:18 pm I might be the only person left on earth who hasn’t had covid ...
No, ol' Wifehorn and I have never had it. As far as we know.

'Course, we (and maybe even you) could have had it and been asymptomatic. But I have tests, and I would test if I had a symptom. I've never had a symptom. I have only been tested once, and it was negative. Ol' Wifehorn and I are pretty careful about our health, and we pay attention to current events, and even after three years I still try to be careful.

But I'm pretty sure we've never had it, because what are the chances that we'd both be asymptomatic? :confuzzled:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Michael Osterholm, the former state epidemiologist of Minnesota, has been scrupulous at following Covid protocols. Yet he came down with Covid this past March. The best he can figure out is that he rode on an elevator without his N95 mask shortly after someone with Covid had used the elevator. Covid can be so infectious that that's all it could take.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Then I may have some sort of immunity, because I know I've been exposed more than that. :shrug:
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

To the Bawls and Admiral Dadhorn: Get Well Soon!

I have not had Covid. :shh:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Foggy wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 11:23 am Oh man. :mad:

Another dose of COVID-19 and he aspirated some vomit in the ambulance so he has aspiration pneumonia, and is right back in the hospital.
That's wrong. All wrong. 100% wrong.

Today he was told that he doesn't (and didn't) have Covid. It was a routine test they gave him when he was admitted, and it was a false positive. He has tested negative twice since arriving. He does have the aspiration pneumonia or whatever, but he says he was eating too quickly during his Wednesday night dinner, so he didn't have any episode in the ambulance.

But he does not have Covid, which is good because they will ask me before my surgery if I've been exposed, and they will probably take me to Gitmo and waterboard me if'n I tell 'em a fib.

And he will probably go back to rehab Monday, he needs three nights in the hospital to get a reset on the rehab.

Still, he doesn't have Covid, so I'm calling that a win-win, even if I don't know what the other one is.
:smoking:
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Very good news! :thumbsup: :bighug:
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Yeah, and it means he'll be in rehab when we get there, but it's just two elevator rides from his apartment to the skilled nursing facility, separated by a brisk walk of about 100 meters, all indoors in climate-controlled luxury. In other words, it's extremely easy to visit him in the SNF. And the SNF is a very nice place.

He mentioned being depressed a little today. He's nearing the end and he knows it, and he's at peace with it. But he wants to get back to the apartment for a few months before he goes.

He is sharp enough that he's keeping count, and he told us today that he has only been in his apartment one month out of five so far this year. And he knows it's going to be another two months, minimum, and that will be six out of seven months that he hasn't been able to live in his own home in 2023. :mad:

I'd be depressed, too also. But he's really looking forward to seeing ol' Wifehorn again next week. I'll never be his best friend, but I'm married to his best friend, so that's okay. ❤️
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

Foggy-

your daddy sounds great!

I hope he gets better quickly

Hubby and I have not had covid=knock on wood-

My mother hated her children and she used religion to do so.

she used to say "nobody elses kids act like mine" and we were good=we had to be.

I had a para ask me a couple years ago if I had any good memories of being with my mom-I could not remember any.

Now-my daddy was a saint and I miss him dearly. He was diagnosed with Lukemia Dec 31 1996 and died March 31 1997.

I was heart broken. I was only 30 my daughter was only 5

Return to “Introduce Yourself”