Dominion v Fox - Dominion Voting Sues Fox News for $1.6B over 2020 Election Claims in Delaware

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
p0rtia

Dominion v Fox - Dominion Voting Sues Fox News for $1.6B over 2020 Election Claims in Delaware

Post by p0rtia »

Just did a cruise-by of foxnews.com. A search for "Dominion" produced references that were two years old.

So how long will it take for the words of the fox liars to penetrate the bubble that surrounds Earth 2?

:popcorn:
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

p0rtia wrote: Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:43 pm Just did a cruise-by of foxnews.com. A search for "Dominion" produced references that were two years old.

So how long will it take for the words of the fox liars to penetrate the bubble that surrounds Earth 2?

I think that's the lawyers telling them all to STFU on their tabloid-styled entertainment network.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Rupert Murdoch suggested Fox News hosts Carlson, Hannity and Ingraham go on air and say Joe Biden had won 2020 election, court filing says

Alia Shoaib
Sat, February 18, 2023 at 3:12 PM GMT+1
  • Rupert Murdoch suggested three Fox News hosts could go on air and declare Biden the winner in 2020.
    Messages between Fox News top brass suggest they knew Trump lost, but still aired conspiracy theories.
    The filing, part of Dominion's defamation lawsuit, reveals the inner-workings of Fox post-election.
Rupert Murdoch, the chairman of Fox Corporation, once suggested that Fox News hosts Tucker Carlson, Sean Hannity, and Laura Ingraham could go on air and declare that Joe Biden won the 2020 presidential election.

The conversations between Fox News chiefs were revealed in a 200-page filing on Thursday by Dominion Voting Systems lawyers as part of their defamation lawsuit against the network.

On January 5, 2021, Murdoch emailed Fox News CEO Suzanne Scott: "It's been suggested our prime time three should independently or together say something like 'the election is over, and Joe Biden won.'"

He said that such a statement "would go a long way to stop the Trump myth that the election was stolen."

Scott then forwarded Murdoch's suggestion to Meade Cooper, the primetime programming SVP. He wrote: "I told Rupert that privately they are all there — we need to be careful about using the shows and pissing off the viewers but they know how to navigate."

The lengthy filing makes revelations about the inner workings of the Fox News network following the 2020 election.

Text messages and emails between Fox hosts and executives reveal that while they privately accepted that Donald Trump had lost the election, the network continued to air pro-Trump conspiracy theories about election fraud.

Murdoch privately described the election fraud claims as "damaging" and "crazy," according to the filing.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/rupert-murdo ... 39841.html
(original: INSIDER)
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Trump tried to call in to Fox News as the Capitol riot unfolded but the network refused to put him on air, new filing claims

Alia Shoaib
Sat, February 18, 2023 at 12:24 PM GMT+1
  • Donald Trump tried to call into Fox News as the Capitol riot unfolded, a court filing claims.
    Network executives refused to put him on air as they thought it would be "irresponsible."
    The claims were part of Dominion Voting Systems' defamation lawsuit against the network.
Donald Trump tried to call into Fox News on January 6, 2021, as his supporters stormed the Capitol building, but the network refused to put him on air, according to a new court filing.

Network executives believed "it would be irresponsible to put him on the air" and that it "could impact a lot of people in a negative way," the filings notes, citing testimony from Fox Business Network President Lauren Petterson.

The revelation was made in a 200-page Thursday filing by Dominion Voting Systems lawyers as part of their defamation lawsuit against the network.

The House select committee that investigated the January 6 attack did not know that Trump had made the call to Lou Dobbs' Fox Business Network show, a source told CNN.

Dobbs' show, which he frequently used to peddle election fraud conspiracy theories, was canceled weeks after the insurrection.

Dominion lawyers wrote in the filing: "The afternoon of January 6, after the Capitol came under attack, then-President Trump dialed into Lou Dobbs' show attempting to get on air. But Fox executives vetoed that decision. Why? Not because of a lack of newsworthiness. January 6 was an important event by any measure. President Trump not only was the sitting president, he was the key figure that day."

The lawyers argue that while the network chose not to put Trump on air because it was irresponsible and could negatively impact people, this did not stop them from airing a conspiracy theory that the election-technology company helped rig the 2020 presidential election.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-tried- ... 16385.html
(original: INSIDER)
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

So he was calling fox to get on air during the insurrection but wasn't calling secdef or the ag to stop his supporters?
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Dr. Ken wrote: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:35 pm So he was calling fox to get on air during the insurrection but wasn't calling secdef or the ag to stop his supporters?
Because of course he was...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

How DARE them not put his phone call on the air!

All of this new discovery is bad for Joe Biden um Dominion.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/compani ... 1518&ei=28

Fox News host Howard Kurtz revealed on Sunday that his employer had forbidden him from reporting on a lawsuit brought against the company by Dominion Voting Systems.

"Some of you have been asking why I'm not covering the Dominion voting machines lawsuit against Fox involving the unproven claims of election fraud in 2020," Kurtz explained on his Media Buzz program.

"And it's absolutely a fair question. I believe I should be covering it," he continued. "It's a major media story given my role here at Fox, but the company has decided that as part of the organization being sued, I can't talk about it or write about it, at least for now."

Kurtz added an objection: "I strongly disagree with that decision. But as an employee, I have to abide by it, and if that changes, I'll let you know."
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

It is like when I asked my wife's sister, a devout viewer of Faux News:

If Fox News does not cover a current event, did the current event really happen? Or is it fake news?

:taunt:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
somerset

Post by somerset »

humblescribe wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:05 pm It is like when I asked my wife's sister, a devout viewer of Faux News:

If Fox News does not cover a current event, did the current event really happen? Or is it fake news?

:taunt:
And her answer was?
humblescribe
Verified:

Post by humblescribe »

She quickly changed the subject and asked if I wanted seconds on her yummy dinner. We try not to discuss politics with her and her echo-chamber friends for obvious reasons.

For all her endearing qualities, my sis-in-law cannot articulate why tRump and his acolytes are good for the US of A. But she is plenty on board with Hunter Biden's laptop. So, we just agree to disagree while we have another serving of dinner.
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Fox is fucked. This went to the top
p0rtia

Post by p0rtia »

A fly-by of foxnews.com, newsmax.com, and the NY Post turned up not a single article on the Dominion case. A search for "Dominion" turns up...nothing.

Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Question, it appears Fox can be proven to be actively working to support Trump and other GOP candidates.
Are those actions not equivalent to political donations? They were coordinated and would have some monetary value (as if they were paid for statements), no?
bob

Post by bob »

Danraft wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:13 pm Are those actions not equivalent to political donations? They were coordinated and would have some monetary value (as if they were paid for statements), no?
There's an argument to be made there, sure.

Good luck getting an FEC enforcement action on that, tho.
Image ImageImage
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

bob wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:15 pm
Danraft wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:13 pm Are those actions not equivalent to political donations? They were coordinated and would have some monetary value (as if they were paid for statements), no?
There's an argument to be made there, sure.

Good luck getting an FEC enforcement action on that, tho.
Value in kind, with McMeathead dumping hours of video on TuckerTheDumbFucker et. al.?

Naw, rich people in this country don't get hammered like us normal people.
Dr. Ken

Post by Dr. Ken »

Trump couldn't even win while cheating
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Luke »

This will be quite a fun read.https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/ ... lg0223.pdf says it's the redacted version, they mean it gets worse? :lol:

How long before 91-year-old Rupert is put through a competency hearing by Faux to try and discredit his depo?

We've waited a long, long time for these criminals to be held accountable.

Who are you most looking forward to seeing bankrupted/severely penalized/publicly humiliated? For me, it's Fox, Lindell, Roodles, Squidney, Newsmax/OAN/Byrne (but all will be nice). :P

Updates on the Dominion page at https://www.dominionvoting.com/legal-up ... -dominion/

COMPLAINT & COURT FILINGS: DEFAMATION SUIT AGAINST FOX CORPORATION
Feb 16, 2023 - Dominion Brief In Support Of Motion For Summary Judgment (PDF)
Jun 21, 2022 - Court Denial to Dismiss (PDF)
Jan 28, 2022 - Dominion Opposition to Fox Corporation's Motion to Dismiss (PDF)
Nov 8, 2021 - Download Complaint (Fox Corporation) (PDF)

COMPLAINT & COURT FILINGS: DEFAMATION SUITS AGAINST NEWSMAX MEDIA INC., ONE AMERICA NEWS NETWORK, AND PATRICK BYRNE
Nov 7, 2022 - Order to Dismiss OAN Request for Dismissal (PDF)
Nov 7, 2022 - Memorandum Opinion by Court for OAN Request for Dimissal (PDF)
Jun 16, 2022 - Court Denial to Dismiss (Newsmax Media Inc.)(PDF)
Apr 20, 2022 - Denial of Patrick Byrne's Motion to Dismiss Defamation Lawsuits (PDF)
Dec 15, 2021 - Dominion Opposition to Patrick Byrne's Motion to Dismiss (PDF)
Aug 10, 2021 - Download Complaint (Newsmax Media Inc.) (PDF)
Aug 10, 2021 - Download Complaint (One America News Network) (PDF)
Aug 10, 2021 - Download Complaint (Patrick Byrne) (PDF)

RELATED NEWS:

Aug 10, 2021: Dominion statement on Newsmax Media Inc., One America News Network, and Patrick Byrne suits

COMPLAINT & COURT FILINGS: DEFAMATION SUIT AGAINST FOX NEWS NETWORKS, LLC
Feb 16, 2023 - Dominion Brief In Support Of Motion For Summary Judgment (PDF)
Jan 31, 2022 - Denial of Fox News's Effort to Obtain an Interlocutory Appeal of the Motion to Dismiss (PDF)
Dec 16, 2021 - Denial of Fox News Networks' Motion to Dismiss Defamation Lawsuit (PDF)
Mar 26, 2021 - Download Complaint (Fox News Networks, LLC) (PDF)

RELATED NEWS:

Mar 26, 2021: Dominion statement on Fox News Networks, LLC defamation suit

COMPLAINT & COURT FILINGS: DEFAMATION SUIT AGAINST MIKE LINDELL
Oct 3, 2022 - Denial of Request for U.S. Supreme Court to Consider Appeal, Dominion Defamation Suit to Proceed Against MyPillow/Mike Lindell (PDF)
Jan 24, 2022 - Joint Meet & Confer Report to Court (PDF)
Aug 11, 2021 - Denial of Powell, Giuliani and Lindell's Motions to Dismiss Defamation Lawsuits (PDF)
Feb 22, 2021 - Download Complaint Against MyPillow Inc. and Mike Lindell (PDF)

RELATED NEWS:

Mar 3, 2022: Judge Rejects Mike Lindell's Attempt to Get Dominion Lawsuit Dismissed (Business Insider)
Feb 22, 2021: Dominion statement on Lindell defamation suit

COMPLAINT & COURT FILINGS: DEFAMATION SUIT AGAINST RUDY GIULIANI
Aug 11, 2021 - Denial of Powell, Giuliani and Lindell's Motions to Dismiss Defamation Lawsuits (PDF)
Jan 25, 2021 - Download Complaint (Rudy Giuliani) (PDF)

RELATED NEWS:

Nov 23, 2021: Fact Check: Dominion Voting Systems Did Not Lose Its Lawsuits Against Giuliani and Powell (USA Today)
Jan 25, 2021: Dominion statement on Giuliani defamation suit

COMPLAINT & COURT FILINGS: DEFAMATION SUIT AGAINST SIDNEY POWELL AND RELATED PARTIES
Sept 28, 2022 - Court Order Granting Dominion's Motion to Dismiss Countersuit Claim (PDF)
Jan 25, 2021 - Download Complaint (Sidney Powell) (PDF)
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

orlylicious, this will go on after I die and still won't get settled so people with integrity can understand the outcome.

There's no legitimate reason Fox is still on the air, there's no valid reason the republican representatives are still in congress after their behaviour on January the 6th and there's no reasonable explanation for why trump isn't in jail.

It's a lack of national spine, no will to do what's right over what garners clicks.

We're not going to get justice.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Rupert Murdoch testified that Fox News hosts ‘endorsed’ stolen election narrative
Network owner also admitted in $1.6bn defamation lawsuit deposition that Trump’s claims were ‘damaging to everybody’

Dani Anguiano in Los Angeles
Tue 28 Feb 2023 02.00 GMT

Newly released court documents reveal that Rupert Murdoch, the billionaire owner of Fox News, acknowledged under oath that several Fox News hosts endorsed Donald Trump’s lie that the 2020 election was stolen from him.

The mogul made the admission during a deposition in the $1.6bn defamation lawsuit brought against the network by the voting machine company Dominion Voting Systems, which has accused Fox News and its parent company, Fox Corporation, of maligning its reputation. In his deposition, Murdoch said that the hosts Maria Bartiromo, Lou Dobbs, Sean Hannity and Jeanine Pirro “endorsed” the false narrative promoted by Trump.

“I would have liked us to be stronger in denouncing it in hindsight,” Murdoch said in the deposition, the New York Times reported on Monday.

In previous court filings, attorneys for Dominion have argued that Fox News hosts ridiculed Trump’s false claims of a “stolen election” while promoting those lies on television. While Sean Hannity pushed that narrative on his prime-time show, he allegedly wrote that Trump was “acting like an insane person”.

Even Murdoch himself dismissed Trump’s claims, describing the former president’s obsession with proving the election was stolen as “terrible stuff damaging everybody”.

Murdoch acknowledged in his deposition that he could have ordered the network not to platform Trump lawyers such as Sidney Powell and Rudy Giuliani on its programs: “I could have. But I didn’t,” he said.

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2023/ ... t-fox-news
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

Now do Newsmax and OANN…
SuzieC
Verified:

Post by SuzieC »

I'm very curious about what's in the redacted portions. Could it be that this will get even worse for Fox?

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”