Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

The Titular Orlylicious

Tell us about yourself. But only things you want us to know.
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Luke »

Thanks, Foggy. Love you all. Hope we'll find a way to get the best message board content ever posted back but what counts is all the friends here. And being DL2XIT-free is a bonus :P

As they said on the last episode of The Mary Tyler Moore Show: "It's a Long Way to Tipperary"

Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
sad-cafe

Re: The Titular Orlylicious

Post by sad-cafe »

Hello,

Nice to meet you again.

Sad-Cafe
Luke
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Luke »

On Thanksgiving, my Daddy passed away. He was an inventor, Yale professor, engineer, and my best friend.

He'd turned 89 and had been through a lot but never thought it would happen. His stents were 18 years old but at his age, they were concerned about surgery so they were trying medication. His blood pressure was high. He was going to have Thanksgiving with my step-sister and her family (they're in the state where he was, far from Florida) and when they called he didn't answer several times. So they went over and there he was. I had gotten him a robot vacuum a few Christmases ago, he was in the kitchen cleaning it out with tea in the microwave and a cookie on the counter. It was fast and I am grateful for that.

I'm his only child and still in a state of shock. I miss him constantly. I still haven't posted about it on Facebook, I have thousands of friends through work and travels and I'm still not emotionally prepared for the reaction. Everybody loved my Dad and knew how close we were.

My Dad was extremely spiritual and had no fear, he was prepared for his next adventure. He was still reading 5 books a week, from ancient history to Tolle. He was a kundalini yoga master and did Indian drumming and teepee ceremonies. He got to drive the America's Cup yacht for a few minutes and sailed on a small boat with 6 others to the Cape of Good Horn. He even was a beekeeper for many years. There was nothing he wouldn't do or try. He was one of a kind.

I wanted to let you all know that's why I haven't been posting as much. I love you all and reading Fogbow posts has given me some of the few laughs I've had. Except in writing this post now, I'm in tears again. If you'd send prayers or positive thoughts, I'd be grateful. There's so much to do and it's so hard to focus. Thank you for letting me pay tribute to my beloved Daddy.

xoxo
Lt Root Beer of the Mighty 699th. Fogbow 💙s titular Mama June in Fogbow's Favourite Show™ Mama June: From Not To Hot! Fogbow's Theme Song™ Edith Massey's "I Got The Evidence!" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5jDHZd0JAg
Volkonski
Verified:

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Volkonski »

So sorry for your loss. :crying: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
jez
Verified: ✅ Medicated

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by jez »

:crying: :crying: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :crying: :crying:

My deepest condolences Orlyicious. We're here when you are ready.
“What is better ? to be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort ?”

~Paarthurnax
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Frater I*I »

Condolences for you loss.
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
Uninformed

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Uninformed »

My condolences.
:cry: :bighug:
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by neonzx »

Very sorry for your loss. Been exactly there and done that. It hits hard when it is quick. But you are right to be a bit thankful it was quick.
AndyinPA
Verified:

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by AndyinPA »

I'm so sorry. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by poplove »

I'm so very sorry for your loss. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Fiascoist

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Fiascoist »

I am sorry for your loss. Your dad left this dimension in the most lovely way, puttering and enjoying a snack. What a comforting picture for the last memory.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Maybenaut »

Wow, sounds like he lived such a full life! Condolences to you and all who loved him. :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
SuzieC
Verified:

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by SuzieC »

My condolences. Sending reiki and positive karma.
jemcanada2

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by jemcanada2 »

I’m so sorry for your loss, Orlylicious. Your father was an amazing man who lived an amazing life!

:bighug: :bighug:
sad-cafe

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by sad-cafe »

I am so sorry

Someday you will smile before you cry~I promise.

I was 30 when my daddy passed away he was 65

it gets easier
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Foggy »

I think you are so very, very lucky to have been so close for so long with your dad.

My dad and I are finally close, now, at the end of his life. It's a long story, but my mom was poisonous, divisive, and a mean alcoholic.

It took ten years after she died before he started to understand who I really am. And on my side, there were entire years when he didn't know what state I lived in. Why would I tell him? I didn't want to talk to him. :blackeye:

So you are very, very lucky, my friend. You have a whole, wonderful lifetime of memories, where some people have missing gaps.

I'm so glad you had a lifetime of love between you and your dad. :bighug:
Out from under. :thumbsup:
MsDaisy
Verified:

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by MsDaisy »

So, so sorry :brokenheart: :bighug:
realist

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by realist »

I am so deeply sorry for your loss.

My dad and I were very close. He's been gone now 16 years and I still miss him every day.

:cry:
Image X 4
Image X 32
p0rtia

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by p0rtia »

Please accept my condolences Orly. I'm so sorry.
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Reality Check »

My condolences and thoughts go out to you. Sounds like you had a fantastic Dad. I lost my Dad 50 years ago this month at the young age of 66. I still think of him often.
Phoenix520
Verified:

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Phoenix520 »

Orlyliscious, I’m am deeply sorry for your loss. Your dad sounds like the best kind of human. Eighty-nine is a good long life, but it should be longer.

Namaste, dear one. :bighug: :bighug: :crying: :crying:
humblescribe
Verified:

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by humblescribe »

So sorry, Orly. Truly.

I am an only child too. I was close to both my mom and dad. I understand. :bighug:
"Some cause happiness wherever they go; others whenever they go." O. Wilde
Lani

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Lani »

We're all here for you. :bighug:
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Slim Cognito
Verified:

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Slim Cognito »

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:
Pup Dennis in training to be a guide dog & given to a deserving vet. Thx! ImageImageImage x4
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

The Titular Orlylicious

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

:cry: :bighug: :cry:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”