Gun Control

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Re: Gun Control

Post by raison de arizona »

DJT Jr tries his hand at leveraging Ukraine for second amendment points.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Those two oceans have more to do with it than anything else. There is not a Navy on earth that can carry an army and the size you would need and then supply it across either one of them.

I sometimes see a very wrong story on Facebook that says unnamed Japanese or even American General said "We could have invaded the west coast and got to Denver before anyone could stop us, except for the second amendment" Bullshit, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor to keep us out of the war, not to prep for dragging us into it.

General Stillwell, the real General on the ground at the time openly scoffed at the panic in LA in December 1941, and Admiral Yamamoto knew when he planned the Pearl Harbor attack that it was a serious mistake and knew full well Japan was fixing to FAFO.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
raison de arizona

...good?
Blake Masters @bgmasters wrote: I made this “ghost gun” a few months ago. Very legal & very cool. But now, thanks to Biden’s new rule change, I would be a felon if I made another one just like it today.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Post by keith »

Yeah, what's your point, Blake?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

My heart bleeds Golden Marshmellow at his loss.
Hic sunt dracones
Dave from down under

Post by Dave from down under »

keith wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 8:08 pm Yeah, what's your point, Blake?
To have untraceable illegal murder weapons..
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

I wonder if Blake's assertion is even true. I am still reading up on the new rules, but as far as I can tell the change do not actually prohibit gun kits or make assembling them a felony. There are some changes regarding their sale.. they have to be stamped with serial numbers, you have to pass background checks, and records need to be kept, but unless he is someone who would fail a background check and thus should not own firearms I can not imagine this would impact him as a hobbyist.

Now, the one area I do sympathize with is this will probably shutter some small time manufacturers since the licensing and record keeping requirements can be pretty expensive and cost prohibitive for people just doing it as a hobby, but unless the guy is selling them to other people this should not impact him as a consumer.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

neeneko wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 10:17 am I wonder if Blake's assertion is even true. I am still reading up on the new rules, but as far as I can tell the change do not actually prohibit gun kits or make assembling them a felony. There are some changes regarding their sale.. they have to be stamped with serial numbers, you have to pass background checks, and records need to be kept, but unless he is someone who would fail a background check and thus should not own firearms I can not imagine this would impact him as a hobbyist.

Now, the one area I do sympathize with is this will probably shutter some small time manufacturers since the licensing and record keeping requirements can be pretty expensive and cost prohibitive for people just doing it as a hobby, but unless the guy is selling them to other people this should not impact him as a consumer.

What if I call my controlling the local meth market and keeping the competition in line, with the help of stuff I make on my cool 3-D printer...my hobby? :confuzzled:

Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

Gregg wrote: Sat Feb 26, 2022 5:52 am Those two oceans have more to do with it than anything else. There is not a Navy on earth that can carry an army and the size you would need and then supply it across either one of them.

I sometimes see a very wrong story on Facebook that says unnamed Japanese or even American General said "We could have invaded the west coast and got to Denver before anyone could stop us, except for the second amendment" Bullshit, Japan bombed Pearl Harbor to keep us out of the war, not to prep for dragging us into it.

General Stillwell, the real General on the ground at the time openly scoffed at the panic in LA in December 1941, and Admiral Yamamoto knew when he planned the Pearl Harbor attack that it was a serious mistake and knew full well Japan was fixing to FAFO.
Not to mention that Yamamoto considered it a partial failure, and the main objective was to take out our carriers, and then force any remaining battleships into a decisive battle with their battleships...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Gregg wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:28 pm What if I call my controlling the local meth market and keeping the competition in line, with the help of stuff I make on my cool 3-D printer...my hobby? :confuzzled:
Sounds more fun than stamp collecting.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

I see a lot of posts on my local Nextdoor regarding people not locking their car doors and having their firearms stolen out of them, which tells me three things: 1) Many gun owners are not smart enough to lock their car doors, 2) many gun owners leave their firearms in their cars overnight, and 3) a decent amount of the folks in categories 1 and 2 are not smart enough to NOT POST publicly about it and then get butt-hurt about "victim blaming" when people (rightfully) jump on them for being irresponsible gun owners.
Dave from down under

Not a common thing down here…

I can’t think why…

:whistle:
raison de arizona

Dave from down under wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:16 pm Not a common thing down here…

I can’t think why…

It's 'cause y'all ride kangaroos around instead of cars and the roos viciously protect their gun pouches, isn't it?
Dave from down under

Ahh…

So that is the reason!!!

Off topic - have you seen just how big a Joey can fit into the mother’s pouch!!!! :faint:
(Inspiration for a Tardis!)
raison de arizona

Dave from down under wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:36 pm Ahh…

So that is the reason!!!

Off topic - have you seen just how big a Joey can fit into the mother’s pouch!!!! :faint:
Do you regulate assault Joeys?
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Dave from down under wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:16 pm Not a common thing down here…

I can’t think why…

Your cars have automatic door locks?

Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:41 pm
Dave from down under wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:36 pm Ahh…

So that is the reason!!!

Do you regulate assault Joeys?
No, they are like Assault Dachshunds, they recruit them for the Illuminati Armed Forces. Have you never heard of the 13th ANZAC Assault Roo Calvary?

Dave from down under

ROOS - Rapid Offensive Operational Systems…

While

WOMBAT -
https://military-history.fandom.com/wiki/L6_Wombat
Dave from down under

Gregg wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:52 pm

I can’t think why…

Your cars have automatic door locks?
Ahh..

That must be it!
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

raison de arizona wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:29 pm

I can’t think why…

It's 'cause y'all ride kangaroos around instead of cars and the roos viciously protect their gun pouches, isn't it?
I saw Crocodile Dundee where some city mongrels in the outback hunting roos – or was it drop bears? 8-) – from the back of a ute were ambushed by a roo packing some serious firepower. Those drongos scarpered when the roo shot out the lights on the ute. Crocodile Dundee was a documentary, wasn't it?
Dave from down under

Sam the Centipede wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 6:38 pm
raison de arizona wrote: Mon May 09, 2022 5:29 pm

I can’t think why…

I saw Crocodile Dundee where some city mongrels in the outback hunting roos – or was it drop bears? 8-) – from the back of a ute were ambushed by a roo packing some serious firepower. Those drongos scarpered when the roo shot out the lights on the ute. Crocodile Dundee was a documentary, wasn't it?
Of course it was a documentary ;)

We still do have gun thefts - after all they are worth $ - but they are less opportunistic and far harder when the gun is as required stored securely.

In 2018 there were 847 reported incidents of firearm theft in which 2,425 firearms were stolen. This represents a 15 percent increase in incidents and a 35 percent increase in stolen firearms since 2008–09. Most thefts targeted residential premises with an average of three firearms stolen in each incident.

A shift in thefts from urban to rural areas - but also an increase in thefts of other items such as fuel, motorcycles/quads etc

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”