Gun Control

Dave from down under

Gun Control

Post by Dave from down under »

I’m just waiting for a Pensylvania federal court ruling finding the idiot c-Ryan of the family bundy right that the 2A right to bare/bear arms exists for prisoners (in remand and convicted).
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Gun Control

Post by raison de arizona »

Firearms Policy Coalition @gunpolicy wrote: Maryland Governor: "This law is not about stripping away rights from responsible gun owners – it’s about every Marylander having the right to live free from fear... Our administration is currently looking at all options and reviewing the ruling."
Firearms Policy Coalition @gunpolicy wrote: LEGAL ALERT: The Fourth Circuit has struck down Maryland's handgun purchase permit law, saying it violates the Second Amendment. https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap ... 5.58.0.pdf
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neeneko

Gun Control

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 5:32 pm
Firearms Policy Coalition @gunpolicy wrote: Maryland Governor: "This law is not about stripping away rights from responsible gun owners – it’s about every Marylander having the right to live free from fear... Our administration is currently looking at all options and reviewing the ruling."
And there is the problem. The appeal of guns to these people is that they want others to fear them, since they do not care to distinguish between that and respect. Having to wait 30 days or submit to safety training makes them feel lesser and others might not show them the respect they deserve.
Dave from down under

Gun Control

Post by Dave from down under »

If you want to use a gun - waiting 30 days or passing a course just gets in the way…

I want it now while my fury is white hot!!!
pipistrelle

Gun Control

Post by pipistrelle »

Have any of these courts read the second amendment?
raison de arizona

Gun Control

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:00 pm Have any of these courts read the second amendment?
They have to go by the SCOTUS interpretation, basically any restriction that didn’t exist at the time of founding is unconstitutional. We’ll continue to see these laws struck down. Unfortunately. :cry:
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
AndyinPA
Verified:

Gun Control

Post by AndyinPA »

Yeah, but SCOTUS forgot that pesky little militia part.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Gun Control

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:03 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:00 pm Have any of these courts read the second amendment?
They have to go by the SCOTUS interpretation, basically any restriction that didn’t exist at the time of founding is unconstitutional. We’ll continue to see these laws struck down. Unfortunately. :cry:
This is a modern interpretation, back in the 1920s it wasn't seen that way when sawed offs weren't considered protected under such...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Frater I*I wrote: This is a modern bullshit interpretation, back in the 1920s it wasn't seen that way when sawed offs weren't considered protected under such...
Fify :wink:
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Gun Control

Post by Frater I*I »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2023 8:33 pm
Frater I*I wrote: This is a modern bullshit interpretation, back in the 1920s it wasn't seen that way when sawed offs weren't considered protected under such...
Fify :wink:
Sometimes when your brain is drink addled words don't come out right... :biggrin:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Chris Murphy 🟧 @ChrisMurphyCT wrote: Today I asked my colleagues to pass my universal firearms background checks legislation. It's supported by 90% of Americans and would save thousands of lives.

Republicans blocked it.

Three hours later, another mass shooting in UNLV.

This carnage is a choice.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Archie has got it figured out! :lol:
Bob Cesca @bobcesca_go wrote: What was once a satirical punchline is now Republican policy. #NormanLear
AndyinPA
Verified:

Gun Control

Post by AndyinPA »

Well, it was funny at the time. :(
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
pipistrelle

Gun Control

Post by pipistrelle »

AndyinPA wrote: Thu Dec 07, 2023 1:47 pm Well, it was funny at the time. :(
Former boss and I talked about things were funny until they started approaching real or true. Onion-over the top-funny. But not so much at times today because some headlines could have come straight from a real news site. Archie Bunker-over-the-top-funny. Now that clip isn't over the top. Plunk a red hat on Archie, and he's today's Republican base, with no sense of reality or proportion, and no one to laugh at his ridiculousness. The base agrees with him, and the rest of us are horrified by that.
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Mothers4Democracy/MothersAgainstGregAbbott @MomsAGAbbott wrote: Today is the 11-year mark of Sandy Hook and still nothing has changed. We just released this video @DemocracyMoms with our partners called Thoughts & Prayers. We hope you follow us there and donate to the cause to help us get this on the air. #gunreform https://secure.actblue.com/donate/m4d-gunreform
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Praise the Lord (and pass the ammunition).
Chris Geidner @chrisgeidner wrote: Breaking: SCOTUS refuses to halt Illinois's assault weapons ban from being enforced during litigation. The are no noted dissents. The Seventh Circuit upheld the law last month, as reported at Law Dork: https://lawdork.com/p/illinois-gun-ban- ... ock-scotus
Sam the Centipede

Gun Control

Post by Sam the Centipede »

My gosh, there are so many negative words (refuse, halt, ban, etc.) in that statement that I'm not sure I unpacked it correctly. Assault weapons are available, yes???

Schoolkids!! Get your bulletproof backpacks!! But … are those banned as they impede gun owners' right to shoot and maim at will?
raison de arizona

Gun Control

But but- I thought MOAR GUNZ equaled LESS GUN CRIME, right??
The Intellectualistv@highbrow_nobrow wrote: Last year, Governor Greg Abbott (R-TX) signed a law making it legal for anyone in Texas over the age of 21 to openly carry a gun in public without a permit or license. Since then, the number of mass shootings has risen 62.5 percent. @ReformAustin

Link: https://theintellectualist.com/members/ ... ity/29914/
raison de arizona

Gun Control

Sens. Michael F. Bennet (D-Colo.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Angus King (I-Maine) and Mark R. Warner (D-Va.), as well as former senators Mark Begich (D-Alaska) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.)
+ Sen. Heidi Heitkamp
sugar magnolia

Gun Control

Post by sugar magnolia »

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Gun Control

Post by Ben-Prime »

raison de arizona wrote: Wed Dec 27, 2023 12:28 pm
Sens. Michael F. Bennet (D-Colo.), Martin Heinrich (D-N.M.), Angus King (I-Maine) and Mark R. Warner (D-Va.), as well as former senators Mark Begich (D-Alaska) and Mark Udall (D-Colo.)
+ Sen. Heidi Heitkamp
So, 5 Dems, an Independent, and a single Republican who is no longer even in office so can afford to buck her party line.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Suranis

Gun Control

Post by Suranis »

Stop blaming guns. Learn Feng Shui and start blaming the Furniture.
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”