Gun Control

AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Gun Control

Post by AndyinPA »

:crying:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Volkonski wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:28 pm
I think she should smear herself with blood before she testifies.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

They do NOT want to come for Gen. Honore'. Much better than them have tried and failed.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 4:38 pm Now that’s bravery.

Also, I suppose that is one take.

The fact that you can list every gun death in history with just 26 letters says all you need to know about people rationalizing ammosexual behavior.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Danraft

Post by Danraft »

The comments are worth a gander!
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

The Associated Press @AP wrote: New Yorkers under age 21 will be prohibited from buying semiautomatic rifles under a new law signed Monday by Gov. Kathy Hochul, making the state one of the first to enact a major gun control initiative following a wave of deadly mass shootings. http://apne.ws/sB0haFI
Last month a similar law was struck down in California as a violation of 2A. Not sure how this one is written differently to withstand a similar challenge, but perhaps they've figured out a better way to do it. I hope.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

Senator Thune claims that in South Dakota, you need high capacity semi-automatic assault weapons to shoot prairie dogs. 1) Who shoots prairie dogs? I didn't know that was a thing. 2) WTF kind of mutant prairie dogs do they have in South Dakota that require multiple rounds from an assault weapon to put down?
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 1:22 pm Senator Thune claims that in South Dakota, you need high capacity semi-automatic assault weapons to shoot prairie dogs. 1) Who shoots prairie dogs? I didn't know that was a thing. 2) WTF kind of mutant prairie dogs do they have in South Dakota that require multiple rounds from an assault weapon to put down?
Maybe they just have really bad aim? Or it is some South Dakota sport we are not otherwise familiar with that involves guns and meth?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I've seen prairie dogs in South Dakota in the last few years. They didn't seem that scary to me. :crazy:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
raison de arizona

I'm on the lookout for a video of Matthew McConaughey's entire speech in one piece. It is visceral and moving. He is going to be crucified by the right for it, and he stood up anyway. Bless him. Here's a couple pieces.
► Show Spoiler
P.S.
► Show Spoiler
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 3:39 pm I'm on the lookout for a video of Matthew McConaughey's entire speech in one piece. It is visceral and moving. He is going to be crucified by the right for it, and he stood up anyway. Bless him.
Found it. I'm honestly not a fan of him as an actor, but as a human he has stood up for gun control many times over the years and used his platform to spread the message. This is an incredibly moving speech.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

raison de arizona

Katie Porter was really taking it to some Heritage Foundation pro-gun lady. Multiple "how dare you's" and accusations of false testimony. Bet there will be clips.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.mediaite.com/politics/house ... -congress/
Republican House leaders urged their members on Tuesday to vote against a series of gun control bills that the Democrats plan to bring to a vote on Wednesday.

The GOP released a “whip notice,” according to reporting from Insider, urging a “no” vote on all eight bills, which the memo referred to as the “Unconstitutional Gun Restrictions Act.”

The House minority whip, Rep. Steve Scalise (R-LA), and House GOP leadership claimed in the notice that the Democrats have “thrown together this reactionary package comprised of legislation that egregiously violates law-abiding citizens’ 2nd Amendment rights and hinders Americans’ ability to defend and protect themselves and their families.”

Scalise gave a press conference on Wednesday and raised eyebrows by comparing gun control efforts to the response after the 9-11 terror attacks and said, “there wasn’t a conversation about banning airplanes.”
:mad:

Putting Stever Scalise out there was cute. :mad:

raison de arizona

AndyinPA wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 4:40 pm https://www.mediaite.com/politics/house ... -congress/
Scalise gave a press conference on Wednesday and raised eyebrows by comparing gun control efforts to the response after the 9-11 terror attacks and said, “there wasn’t a conversation about banning airplanes.”
Yeah. There was a conversation about regulation to mitigate and eliminate the risks. We didn't throw up our hands and say, "Well, nothing can be done." I assume Scalise has flown both before and after 9-11, and has noted a few differences.
raison de arizona

Not all Florida Mans.
Aaron Rupar @atrupar wrote: Deutch: "I have 2 documents that inform everything I do here. One is the Constitution & the other is this list I wrote on Feb 14, 2018, of every one of the 17 members of my community slaughtered by a killer w/an AR-15...[they] cannot petition govt for redress of their grievances"
tek

Post by tek »

Off Topic
I can relate.
d-4.jpg
d-4.jpg (29.35 KiB) Viewed 336 times
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Good News; They finally caught a guy before he shot someone.

Bad News: This is the one they got before he killed anyone.

Man arrested outside Kavanaugh’s house charged with attempted murder

https://www.yahoo.com/news/supreme-cour ... 07977.html

Not sorry, sorry.

Just curious, does this sound strange to anyone else????
Nicholas Roske, a 26-year-old Californian who was taken into custody without incident after calling 911 on himself.

sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 5:26 pm
Nicholas Roske, a 26-year-old Californian who was taken into custody without incident after calling 911 on himself.
More common than you might think. Happened here this afternoon when a man shot his nephew then went to his sister's house and called the cops to tell them he did it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

I thought it was unusual that he called before he did it. I mean, if you change your mind, why not just go home and take a mulligan for that day?

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Gregg wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 7:11 pm I thought it was unusual that he called before he did it. I mean, if you change your mind, why not just go home and take a mulligan for that day?
He probably was "making a statement/protest/showing how awful K is"
Hic sunt dracones

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”