Gun Control

neeneko

Gun Control

Post by neeneko »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:57 am “If you restrict guns from responsible gun owners then only criminals will have guns.” Well, where do you think the criminals get them from?
Or for that matter, how do you think people become criminals?

Open carry generally increases gun crime, and most of the people doing the shooting were not previously criminals.. just law abiding citizens who's feelings get hurt that someone disrespects them while they are armed and now their honor demands they do something about it.
Gregg

Gun Control

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 10:57 am “If you restrict guns from responsible gun owners then only criminals will have guns.” Well, where do you think the criminals get them from?
Gun shows, like any good American.
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Gregg

Gun Control

Post by Gregg »

neeneko wrote: Tue Sep 12, 2023 5:21 pm
Or for that matter, how do you think people become criminals?

Open carry generally increases gun crime, and most of the people doing the shooting were not previously criminals.. just law abiding citizens who's feelings get hurt that someone disrespects them while they are armed and now their honor demands they do something about it.
Kyle Rittenhouse with a better jury. :whistle:

RVInit

Gun Control

Post by RVInit »

YouTuber and manufacturer sentenced to 5 years and 5 years 8 months respectively for making and advertising a key card that supposedly turns a semi automatic weapon into fully automatic. Oops.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/audacious ... hine-guns/
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Dr. Ken

Gun Control

Post by Dr. Ken »

Second time in 3 weeks UNC Chapel hill is in lockdown
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Volkonski
Verified:

Gun Control

Post by Volkonski »

:eek:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Gun Control

Post by Frater I*I »

RVInit wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:39 am YouTuber and manufacturer sentenced to 5 years and 5 years 8 months respectively for making and advertising a key card that supposedly turns a semi automatic weapon into fully automatic. Oops.

https://lawandcrime.com/crime/audacious ... hine-guns/
I read a story years back that a gun at a range decided to demonstrate that a particular model assault rifle he had with him could be made full auto by use of a shoe string....

There was an off duty ATF agent there that day, the guy ending up doing a nickel for possession of an unregistered machine gun...
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
neeneko

Gun Control

Post by neeneko »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:58 pm I read a story years back that a gun at a range decided to demonstrate that a particular model assault rifle he had with him could be made full auto by use of a shoe string....

There was an off duty ATF agent there that day, the guy ending up doing a nickel for possession of an unregistered machine gun...
I keep hearing people claim that since it is so easy to do, making it illegal is pointless. Most crimes are not that difficult to pull off, doesn't make them any less illegal. I could walk up to someone on the street and punch them on the nose, very easily done, can't proactively stop me, but I would probably be arrested anyway.

But I kinda get it.. in their mythology crime and criminals are something distinct from their group and culture, so crossing over should be a huge deal that requires changing who you are and taking explicit concrete steps to do so. They struggle with the idea that criminals are just like them, only having committed a crime, often without forethought
Dave from down under

Gun Control

Post by Dave from down under »

Yet how often those law abiding citizens say they will use their guns if police try to take them away.

Ie premeditated murder.
Gregg

Gun Control

Post by Gregg »

neeneko wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:54 pm
Frater I*I wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 4:58 pm I read a story years back that a gun at a range decided to demonstrate that a particular model assault rifle he had with him could be made full auto by use of a shoe string....

I keep hearing people claim that since it is so easy to do, making it illegal is pointless. Most crimes are not that difficult to pull off, doesn't make them any less illegal. I could walk up to someone on the street and punch them on the nose, very easily done, can't proactively stop me, but I would probably be arrested anyway.

But I kinda get it.. in their mythology crime and criminals are something distinct from their group and culture, so crossing over should be a huge deal that requires changing who you are and taking explicit concrete steps to do so. They struggle with the idea that criminals are just like them, only having committed a crime, often without forethought

I could walk up to a guy on a crowded sidewallk, and put two in his forehead and disapear before anyone figured out what happend.

Well, wait, I'm not sure that is even illegal in Florida or Texas as long as I'm white and the target isn't. :shrug:

Ben-Prime
Verified: ✅MamaSaysI'mBonaFide

Gun Control

Post by Ben-Prime »

Gregg wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 10:55 pm
neeneko wrote: Wed Sep 13, 2023 5:54 pm

I could walk up to a guy on a crowded sidewallk, and put two in his forehead and disapear before anyone figured out what happend.

Well, wait, I'm not sure that is even illegal in Florida or Texas as long as I'm white and the target isn't. :shrug:
You were clearly being threatened and had to stand your ground.
But the sunshine aye shall light the sky,
As round and round we run;
And the truth shall ever come uppermost,
And justice shall be done.

- Charles Mackay, "Eternal Justice"
Dave from down under

Gun Control

You were channeling your inner Kyle..
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Gun Control

Post by raison de arizona »

:thumbsup:
Biden to create White House office of gun violence prevention

The White House will announce this week that it is creating an office of gun violence prevention to focus on efforts to curb gun violence, two sources familiar confirmed to The Hill.

Gun violence prevention advocates and Democratic lawmakers have been pushing the White House to establish a designated office solely focused on gun violence.

Sen. Chris Murphy (D-Conn.), who is known for his focus on gun violence prevention, applauded the White House on Wednesday after reports of the first-of-its-kind office.

“This is an idea I have been pushing relentlessly for some time, and I’m thrilled President Biden is making the Office of Gun Violence Prevention a reality,” Murphy said in a statement, adding that the office will help strengthen the federal government’s implementation of the bipartisan gun control legislation.
:snippity:
https://thehill.com/homenews/administra ... revention/
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Gun Control

Post by RTH10260 »

Federal judge overturns California ban on high-capacity gun magazines

By Taylor Romine, CNN
Published 8:48 AM EDT, Sat September 23, 2023

CNN — A federal judge struck down California’s ban on firearm magazines holding more than 10 rounds Friday as unconstitutional, “arbitrary and capricious.”

The ban, which was adopted through a 2016 proposition, had gone through various appeals until the US Supreme Court sent the case back to lower courts following its 2022 ruling in New York State Rifle and Pistol Association vs. Bruen. The landmark decision requires that firearm regulations don’t impede on the language of the Second Amendment and be “consistent with this Nation’s historical tradition.”

US District Judge Roger T. Benitez in Friday’s decision said the ban on high-capacity magazines fails to meet that standard and that “there is no national tradition of prohibiting or regulating firearms based on firing capacity or ammunition capacity.”

Benitez wrote that one “government solution to a few mad men with guns … makes into criminals responsible, law-abiding people wanting larger magazines simply to protect themselves.”

California Gov. Gavin Newsom in a statement called the decision “politics, pure and simple,” noting Benitez’s record for rolling back gun control legislation.

California Attorney General Rob Bonta filed a notice of appeal, vowing to “fight for our authority to keep Californians safe from weapon enhancements designed to cause mass casualties.”

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/09/23/us/c ... index.html
pipistrelle

Gun Control

Post by pipistrelle »

How large a magazine do you need? Would that be an arbitrary number?
Dave from down under

Gun Control

pipistrelle wrote: Thu Sep 28, 2023 5:45 pm How large a magazine do you need? Would that be an arbitrary number?
Trillions - Since every person and animal is a potential threat to MY safety…
Gregg

Gun Control

Post by Gregg »

“there is no national tradition of prohibiting or regulating firearms based on firing capacity or ammunition capacity.”

One. The Founding Fathers had a tradition of single round, often muzzle loaded ammunition. What can be more national tradition than what George Washington did?

pipistrelle

Gun Control

Post by pipistrelle »

Saw this on Twitter today and thought this is not a bad argument for gun control.
IMG_2380.jpeg
IMG_2380.jpeg (136.03 KiB) Viewed 2813 times
Suranis

Gun Control

Post by Suranis »

The actual twitter video is in slow motion too.
Hic sunt dracones
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Gun Control

Post by raison de arizona »

What a dipshit.
The Good Liars @TheGoodLiars wrote: Talked to this gun advocate who says you can’t fight fire with water.
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Gregg

Gun Control

Post by Gregg »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:18 pm What a dipshit.
The Good Liars @TheGoodLiars wrote: Talked to this gun advocate who says you can’t fight fire with water.
Has ne seen the newest technology water pistols?

keith
Occupation: Retired Computer Systems Analyst Project Manager Super Coder
Verified: ✅lunatic

Gun Control

Post by keith »

raison de arizona wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 5:18 pm What a dipshit.
https: //twitter.com/TheGoodLiars/status/1709993659435770263?s=20
Yeah, but he's talkin' about an ELECTORAL fire, doncha no?
Has everybody heard about the bird?
Dr. Ken

Gun Control

Post by Dr. Ken »

From yesterday
ImageImagePhilly Boondoggle
Dave from down under

Gun Control

Perfectly sane :/s

Return to “U.S. Culture and Media”